Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,550 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 251.
    #10251 1 year ago

https://shop.herrs.com/collections/potato-chips

Great to eat and plenty of variety.

LTG : )

#10252 1 year ago

My options for chips are a bit limited these days until doctors can figure out why my blood pressure shot up to 220/105 I’m on a low salt no caffeine diet. These ones are still low enough salt that I can have them in limited quantities. I also sprinkle on some powdered vinegar to make my own salt and vinegar chips.
    6DBF5BFE-E471-4203-92AE-50BB6D605A30 (resized).jpeg6DBF5BFE-E471-4203-92AE-50BB6D605A30 (resized).jpeg2DD010C6-94B6-4AB2-BF48-06B78C3E8D4F (resized).jpeg2DD010C6-94B6-4AB2-BF48-06B78C3E8D4F (resized).jpeg
    I confess that I hate taking cough syrup. The wooziness I feel from that always seems to be worse than the symptoms of a cold I’m trying to treat. I make my own from a family recipe.

Homemade Cough Syrup
    2 parts honey (local if you can get it)
    1 part fresh squeezed lemon juice
    1 part whiskey. Jack Daniels is what we’ve always used but I prefer a cheap bourbon these days.

Dosage- take until you feel better.

Best tasting cough syrup you’ll ever have. It’s even great in a hot cup of tea if you are trying to warm up.

C36F1601-7FAA-45F1-AC0E-B3ED47D01EE4 (resized).jpegC36F1601-7FAA-45F1-AC0E-B3ED47D01EE4 (resized).jpeg

#10253 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

My options for chips are a bit limited these days until doctors can figure out why my blood pressure shot up to 220/105 I’m on a low salt no caffeine diet. These ones are still low enough salt that I can have them in limited quantities. I also sprinkle on some powdered vinegar to make my own salt and vinegar chips.
    [quoted image][quoted image]
    I confess that I hate taking cough syrup. The wooziness I feel from that always seems to be worse than the symptoms of a cold I’m trying to treat. I make my own from a family recipe.
    Homemade Cough Syrup
    2 parts honey (local if you can get it)
    1 part fresh squeezed lemon juice
    1 part whiskey. Jack Daniels is what we’ve always used but I prefer a cheap bourbon these days.
    Dosage- take until you feel better.
    Best tasting cough syrup you’ll ever have. It’s even great in a hot cup of tea if you are trying to warm up.
    [quoted image]

You made me think of this. Does it cure anything else?

180B23D6-9EE0-4C42-807F-3EDD89116993 (resized).png180B23D6-9EE0-4C42-807F-3EDD89116993 (resized).png
    #10254 1 year ago

My mates cure for a cold was 'Take some rum'. Any other time he'd drink some rum, but when he was sick he'd 'take' some.

#10255 1 year ago

This weeks song is rocking my shed. back to the 70's!

#10256 1 year ago

I saw a commercial for Untuck It shirts for men. I ordered a couple after a few cognac’s, they definitely run a few sizes too small. I ordered XXL, I was expecting it to be a little tight (working out again to lose weight). I think even the 3XL would be way too small. I won’t order from there again.

#10257 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

My mates cure for a cold was 'Take some rum'. Any other time he'd drink some rum, but when he was sick he'd 'take' some.

That was my old project manager’s cure for sea sickness. “Still feel sick? Have some more rum”

#10258 1 year ago

I confess. I only have room for two pins and I’m actually considering building a high end VPin to go next to my GZ Premium. I confess I saw the last LOTR and IMDN releases, and a friscopinball stream and now I’m considering the unthinkable.

Someone talk me off the ledge.

#10259 1 year ago

I played a high end one once with the intention of buying one. Didn't want to finish the game.

#10260 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I played a high end one once with the intention of buying one. Didn't want to finish the game.

85C0C46E-510E-4CCC-A1D5-97C97446022F (resized).png85C0C46E-510E-4CCC-A1D5-97C97446022F (resized).png
    #10261 1 year ago

Confess i don't know why all the Alien owners rave about the replacement apron. I don't really know what it does, except drive some flashing lights for the topper that i already have and haven't installed because i think they are tacky.

I'm missing something for sure, but fucked if i know what it is.

#10262 1 year ago

The only reason I could see myself owning a virtual pin is if I was a tournament player and wanted to practice/learn the rules of games

#10263 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

The only reason I could see myself owning a virtual pin is if I was a tournament player and wanted to practice/learn the rules of games

Great use. My thoughts were when i first started collecting (and still now) because i am rural i never get to try games before i buy them. So thought i would like to use it as an assessment tool.

Just couldn't stand looking at it, if i had one here on loan and got used to it then it may be adifferent matter.

Pugster Have you ever looked at or played a P3?
    I sold mine as it didn't gel with me and i had a terrible customer service experience that made me hate the machine completely, but it's a good way to put 10 pinball games in one space. Lots of people love the shit out of them.

https://www.multimorphic.com/p3-pinball-platform/

#10264 1 year ago

I bought a couple of 1up stools from The Brick. I picked up a big box for 1up and thought it was all the stools already together. Brought it home opened the box and it was the marvel 1up virtual pinball machine. I set it up just enough to play, just to see if I would want to keep it. It was pretty bad. I immediately put it back in the box and traded for my stools.

#10265 1 year ago

I seem to have cut down drinking without noticing it.

100 cartons used to last me round 120 days or so. Just ordering a new pallet now and the last one came in start of august last year and there are still ten cartons on it.

Don'tTellMyExPunkin

#10266 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Pugster Have you ever looked at or played a P3?
    I sold mine as it didn't gel with me and i had a terrible customer service experience that made me hate the machine completely, but it's a good way to put 10 pinball games in one space. Lots of people love the shit out of them.
    https://www.multimorphic.com/p3-pinball-platform/

I looked at them but I dunno, something about the whole setup doesn’t scream fun to me. Maybe it’d be different if I flipped one but I don’t think there’s any remotely close by.

Really do appreciate the comments guys. I’ve never played a high end VPin so it helps.

Thinking I’ll just get another NIB modern pin and rotate one out if I get bored. Still waiting on Scooby gameplay…and curious to see what AP has in the chamber.

#10267 1 year ago

Honestly to each their own. What we don’t like you may fully love! The 1up machines are carried at The brick and they have them set up in the showroom (call your brick before you go). I’m just used to the actual random hits and shots of an actual pinball.

Quoted from Pugster:I looked at them but I dunno, something about the whole setup doesn’t scream fun to me. Maybe it’d be different if I flipped one but I don’t think there’s any remotely close by.
    Really do appreciate the comments guys. I’ve never played a high end VPin so it helps.
    Thinking I’ll just get another NIB modern pin and rotate one out if I get bored. Still waiting on Scooby gameplay…and curious to see what AP has in the chamber.

#10268 1 year ago

I must be eating too many brownies.

I really want an oboe.

#10269 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I must be eating too many brownies.

a treble woodwind instrument A big hit at parties, from the 17th century that is.

#10270 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pugster:

I confess. I only have room for two pins and I’m actually considering building a high end VPin to go next to my GZ Premium. I confess I saw the last LOTR and IMDN releases, and a friscopinball stream and now I’m considering the unthinkable.

I appreciate you watching! If you ever have questions, feel free to ping me on any of my social media pages. I am happy to give you all the pros and cons.

I also have four Sterns so my vpin is just another part of the collection.

#10271 1 year ago

I confess I feel like I don't have much time anymore, and I also feel like there are a lot of things I want to do/try but I don't have enough time or resources.

Even with pinside, I hardly ever post anymore and I don't check threads as often. Usually I will come through and upvote a few posts but that's about it usually.

I hope I will have more freedom as I get older, but I'm not convinced.

#10272 1 year ago

I confess I like virtual pinball but only Williams collection and pinball arcade seasons 1, 2 and 3 on Xbox 360. Clicking the top buttons like flippers works well and the physics are on point. Any pinball app on the cell phone sux. They have a lag time that makes playing impossible. Same with ps4.
    I can't do VPs. Looking down at a TV screen seems so weird. And you don't see the depth of ramps the way a gaming experience on a TV replicates

#10273 1 year ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess I feel like I don't have much time anymore, and I also feel like there are a lot of things I want to do/try but I don't have enough time or resources.
    Even with pinside, I hardly ever post anymore and I don't check threads as often. Usually I will come through and upvote a few posts but that's about it usually.
    I hope I will have more freedom as I get older, but I'm not convinced.

Good to see you around. Did your workshop project ever take off?

#10274 1 year ago

I confess I think its hilarious that games that haven't sold NIB increase in price.

#10275 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dwboca:

I confess I think its hilarious that games that haven't sold NIB increase in price.

I confess your [pinside] Avatar is awesome!

#10276 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess your [pinside] Avatar is awesome!

Ha! Thanks!

#10277 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Good to see you around. Did your workshop project ever take off?

Thanks.
    No, and it probably won't until May at least. I have to save up funds for a while before I can get anywhere, but I'm still fully planning on going ahead with the project. I've been researching permits and legal stuff recently, not super fun

#10278 1 year ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

Thanks.
    No, and it probably won't until May at least. I have to save up funds for a while before I can get anywhere, but I'm still fully planning on going ahead with the project. I've been researching permits and legal stuff recently, not super fun

True about the legal stuff but it’s less fun having to deal with bad things happening after the fact. Plus you can take that knowledge and use it somewhere else in the future if you ever need to.

#10279 1 year ago

Got bit

DSCF1829[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1829[1] (resized).jpg

#10280 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Got bit
    [quoted image]

Tis but a scratch

#10281 1 year ago

monty-python-tisbutascratch.gifmonty-python-tisbutascratch.gif

#10282 1 year ago

Confess that i don't think i'll be smoking medical weed again.

My mate softened me up with a couple of tokes on his joint (after my brownie was already pulsing).

Then offered me his vape with the medical whoopsie in it.

No wonder it takes your pain away, it took my whole afternoon away.

#10283 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pugster:

I have considered the same, but haven't had a chance to play one. The one Legends machine at Sam's Club was complete shit, but I know that's not what you are talking about

#10284 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I have considered the same, but haven't had a chance to play one. The one Legends machine at Sam's Club was complete shit, but I know that's not what you are talking about

I keep going back and forth, although I think I’m more back and less forth. Seems to me that it has a place in a big collection (maybe) but in a small one I’m better off buying another great game so I’ve got sexy trade collateral when I’m looking for a change.

I confess I’ve drifted this thread, but don’t really care because it’s actually helping me hatch a plan. Thanks fellas.

#10285 1 year ago

No real topic here, your journey is interesting, drift away.

#10286 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pugster:I keep going back and forth, although I think I’m more back and less forth. Seems to me that it has a place in a big collection (maybe) but in a small one I’m better off buying another great game so I’ve got sexy trade collateral when I’m looking for a change.
    I confess I’ve drifted this thread, but don’t really care because it’s actually helping me hatch a plan. Thanks fellas.

I've recently decided to go with one really good new game and a golden tee live 2022 instead of 2 pins. Eventually if a good deal comes along I'll go back to 2 pins but for now I'm loving shooting a dozen rounds a day in place of a 2nd pin

20221228_123633.jpg20221228_123633.jpg
    #10287 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

100 cartons used to last me round 120 days or so.

What’s a carton of beer look like? Confess that I’m not familiar with this term in the US.

#10288 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Got bit
    [quoted image]

Fever hit, world gone to shit, might as well quit ?

#10289 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Fever hit, world gone to shit, might as well quit ?

Yep, looked for the gif to go with it too.

Carton is a 24 can pack, also known as a slab. Staple currency of corrupt deals, favours and trade discounts. There are 100 cartons on a pallet. This one here was a gift from a mate who was at mine yesterday and had a couple of brownies and some beers. A thank you.

It's important in my world that you speak carton fluently. There's ways to phrase things.

Say you are talking to a local government worker about a sewer problem that turns out to be just on your side of the connection, you might use the phrase 'Back in the good old days i could have just slipped you a carton and we'd have that problem solved'.
    The answer is likely to be 'we are in the good ol days'.

Talking to a tradie, he might say, well by the time i get in my car and come and have a look at the job, you'll already be out $150 in traveling. You might come back with 'there's no rush, just when you are coming past, and by the way, what do you drink?'.

DSCF1831[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1831[1] (resized).jpg

#10290 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Yep, looked for the gif to go with it too.
    Carton is a 24 can pack, also known as a slab. Staple currency of corrupt deals, favours and trade discounts. There are 100 cartons on a pallet. This one here was a gift from a mate who was at mine yesterday and had a couple of brownies and some beers. A thank you.
    It's important in my world that you speak carton fluently. There's ways to phrase things.
    Say you are talking to a local government worker about a sewer problem that turns out to be just on your side of the connection, you might use the phrase 'Back in the good old days i could have just slipped you a carton and we'd have that problem solved'.
    The answer is likely to be 'we are in the good ol days'.
    Talking to a tradie, he might say, well by the time i get in my car and come and have a look at the job, you'll already be out $150 in traveling. You might come back with 'there's no rush, just when you are coming past, and by the way, what do you drink?'.
    [quoted image]

Where’s your missing pop bumper cap?

#10291 1 year ago

Here in Canada we call them flats or 24s.

I buy 8 to 10 a month for the two of us so I guess a skid of 100 flats would last me 10 months

20230108_160736.jpg20230108_160736.jpg
    #10292 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Where’s your missing pop bumper cap?

They are all missing, haven't got round to doing anything with the LAI yet. Have to figure out how to make it steeper, clean and wax and rubbers and balls etc.

What i really want to do is have a restorer put it in a drawer and have it slide in under a glass bar top. Be good to have all 5 of them in a row i reckon. The machines don't need to be in the ugly cabinet.

All are welcome to steal my idea for their own game rooms, flipping...not so much.

#10293 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I buy 8 to 10 a month for the two of us so I guess a skid of 100 flats would last me 10 months
    [quoted image]

Your cans are smaller than ours, we have 375's (except craft beer). Most stubbies (bottles) come in smaller than 375's now, but the majors are still pretty much in the large ones i think.

#10294 1 year ago

I guess I’m brewing a couple of flats then right now.

B0F6B113-0898-424A-B7D7-A6D5CB6308A8 (resized).jpegB0F6B113-0898-424A-B7D7-A6D5CB6308A8 (resized).jpeg
    #10295 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

I guess I’m brewing a couple of flats then right now.
    [quoted image]

You are using a computer, that's cheating

boil4 (resized).jpgboil4 (resized).jpg

gonzolution6 (resized).jpggonzolution6 (resized).jpg

#10296 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Your cans are smaller than ours, we have 375's (except craft beer). Most stubbies (bottles) come in smaller than 375's now, but the majors are still pretty much in the large ones i think.

Our cans are 355ml. Bottles are slightly smaller here, 345ml I think. Of course there's super cans which are like 475ml and king cans which are 710ml. Check out these cute little bottles from the States i found. They're like 2 sippers.

Our regular percentage is 5% in Canada. Light beer is 4%

20230108_162005.jpg20230108_162005.jpg20230108_162035.jpg20230108_162035.jpg
    #10297 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Ha ha yeah. This is actually my first batch with a multi step mash (making a Roggenbier). It's cool that on this unit you can set the times and temperatures and it will run through the mash steps automatically.

That's a hell of a still you have there!

#10298 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]

You have the advantage since you make yours

#10299 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

[quoted image]

Many here say case of beer, can mean 24-30 pack.

#10300 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Our cans are 355ml. Bottles are slightly smaller here, 345ml I think. Of course there's super cans which are like 475ml and king cans which are 710ml. Check out these cute little bottles from the States i found. They're like 2 sippers.
    Our regular percentage is 5% in Canada. Light beer is 4%
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Same size as those “two sipper” Coronitas

There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/206?hl=dwboca and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.