Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,563 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 minutes ago by ReadyPO
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R0010429 (resized).jpg
    R0010431 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 252.
    #951 7 years ago

When will someone post that's going to buy the new Batman 66 pin from Stern, regardless of all the widespreadly company's QC issues?

3 weeks later
    #952 7 years ago

I hate all my pins

*waxes the playfields*

OMG I love all my pins.

1 month later
    #953 7 years ago

I don't watch the show so when I play game of thrones and the "intro" music is playing, all I think about is this song from south park as I start singing to the music.

#954 7 years ago

Stainless steel coindoors have edges sharp enough to slice right through the polishing cloth and deep into your fingers as you're cleaning them.....guess how I found out. Anyone else dumb enough to do this?

3 weeks later
    #955 7 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

When one of my pins is about to say something, I always ask it a relevant question.
    Me: "Sorcerer, how do you like your steak?"
    Sorcerer: "Well done!"

Another I've used lately:

Me: "Pinbot, where did you go after your heart attack?"
    Pinbot: "ICU"

#956 7 years ago

I hold the start to reset constantly when I play at home. I'm trying to stop because less than a third of my games make it to ball 2. Plus I want to start playing tournaments so... I can't only have a "if ball 1 gets to X setup" plan.

#957 7 years ago

I play Pinball Arcade on my tablet more often than my real pins. Even when I am at home.

#958 7 years ago
    Quoted from mgpasman:

I play Pinball Arcade on my tablet more often than my real pins. Even when I am at home.

Now you need to pray 200 hail-marys and 300 our-father to repent for this deadly sin.

#959 7 years ago

I can't throw away the old incandescent bulbs when I shop a game. I can't help but think I'll need them someday....

#960 7 years ago
    Quoted from Schwaggs:

I can't throw away the old incandescent bulbs when I shop a game. I can't help but think I'll need them someday....

I too have a bag full, but I have graduated to tossing the blackened ones and any I find in the bottom of cabinets when I get a new game.

#961 7 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Another I've used lately:
    Me: "Pinbot, where did you go after your heart attack?"
    Pinbot: "ICU"

When Pinbot says "I see you" I always reply "I see you too buddy"

1 week later
    #962 7 years ago

I add the Pinsiders online and guests online to get an estimate of how many total people are on the Forum every time I visit.

#963 7 years ago

When I don't dine with my wife or family I eat like a slob

#964 7 years ago

*Often times when scanning down list of Pinside Forum threads, and I come upon The Confessional thread, I never seem to remember what I had thought of recently that I could confess/post about on this thread. This has been going on now for 2 to 3 yrs.

*I must be a glutton for punishment. I always click on the Pinball Horror Pics! thread to see the most recent new pics posted.

#965 7 years ago

When I play AGBGoaWT, I do "The Wop" dance when I score "record a song" while waiting for the ball to return to the flippers, and play air drums during the match sequence finishing it off with a cymbal crash.

1 week later
    #966 7 years ago

I recently helped my buddy get his first pin, a Firepower. It worked just fine but no sound, so he's been playing it silent for two months. He checked all the connectors, had someone check the components and power with a MM, everything checks out fine. He's pulling the screws last night to send the board out for repair and he notices that one of the connectors (which he had checked) is off by one pin, like a mis-buttoned shirt. Reseats correctly and boom! sound!

#967 7 years ago
    Quoted from Schwaggs:

I can say that I did indeed dig back into that box of bulbs even though all my games are full leds. My Congo had a couple of flashers that triggered on every flipper hit. Read somewhere that some led flashers do this but regular incandescent do not. Found that to be true.

#968 7 years ago

I bought a multicart for my neo geo I just got and got the shipping tracking number this morning

Then I realized that the place is only 40 minutes away

I would have just went and picked it up and saved on shipping

#969 7 years ago

1) everytime I play my top score, I can't stop glancing at the lady w the big boobs on the backglass...lol
    2) I cringe a lil when the old lady has a higher score then me..

#970 7 years ago

I have several arcade games but just had my first pin delivered. I quickly realized that I am a pinball person...

#971 7 years ago

I sworn I would not buy a NIB from Stern in 2017 and after seeing Aerosmith, a games I trashed, I am already getting quotes.

#972 7 years ago

I have an unnatural love for Gilligan's Island

#973 7 years ago

I use a 15 sec ball save on acdc. (It would be longer if it gave me the option)

#974 7 years ago

I removed my tilt bob from my WoZ on Wednesday because there's no grace-period on warnings.
    And I still tilt.

(Actually starting to wonder if the tilt mech wasn't installed level)

#975 7 years ago

I tried fixing a sound issue on a pin after a few drinks. Could not fix. Then months later I finally gave in and paid a tech to come look and try to fix the same problem. Tech arrived and upon opening the backbox and actually looking at the sound board I found the problem myself - a leg from a sound ROM was sticking out of the socket. I put the chip in correctly, problem was solved and paid the tech for him to watch.

#976 7 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

When staying at a hotel for a friends wedding, I got hammered. Woke up in the middle of the night and walked into the closet thinking it was the bathroom and peed on my wives shoes. True story. But hey the closet and the bathroom were right next to each other. Honest mistake.

So you're confessing that you're a polygamist?

#977 7 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

So you're confessing that you're a polygamist?

Good one ED. I had to re-read it all more carefully to "get it".

#978 7 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

But hey the closet and the bathroom were right next to each other. Honest mistake.

I've made the same mistake when I was drunk. The wife was pissed. Wait, "the closet" and "the bathroom" are euphemisms right?

3 weeks later
    #979 7 years ago

When someone posts a poll asking which game is best/which one should they buy....I vote for the worst one/or the one that I have no interest in, hoping to keep the one I really want from getting too much attention and having its price rise.

#980 7 years ago

I enjoyed the treasure cove thread way too much.

#981 7 years ago

I didn't play my Bally Harley Davidson for 2 weeks after bringing it home.

#982 7 years ago

When I play my EBD I try on the 1st ball to get a DELUXE, a saucer shot, a bank shot, light up all 3 bumpers, and light up all the lights in the left lane for an extra ball. I've never done it but I have come close.....I rarely play a whole game anymore.....I just keep resetting trying to do this impossible feat.....it's like a pinball OCD I've become obsessed !

#983 7 years ago

When I play off the tips of the flippers I feel like a ballerina lol

#984 7 years ago

Pinballs remind me of BOP's boobs!

#985 7 years ago

Multiball is so torturous, I just cringe the whole time thinking of the damage that may happen.

#986 7 years ago

Pinball is better than a girlfriend because you wont get 100 points when she kicks you in the balls lol.

#987 7 years ago

The only person who can dance/nudge in front of a machine and really not look silly is Rick Stetta

#988 7 years ago

If you think about it all pinball machines will eventually pay for themselves in plays!

#989 7 years ago

Were all kindred spirits with bowlers, especially the more serious ones...wheres the pinball gloves Marco lol???

4015 (resized).jpg4015 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #990 7 years ago

I would think pinball gloves would be reversed. Bare pointer and middle fingers, and the rest gloved. Might be an interesting sales gimmick for new pinball owners and players for tournaments.

"Improve you pinball game for $19.99!"
    Somebody go get a patent.

#991 7 years ago

I think only thumb covered, and add extra padding in the palms along with some wrist support.

#992 7 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

I think only thumb covered, and add extra padding in the palms along with some wrist support.

Yeah, I have hurt the palms of my hands doing violent slap saves.

#993 7 years ago
    Quoted from DanTheGlassMan:

I enjoyed the treasure cove thread way too much.

The one that's pinned?

#994 7 years ago

Ok, so I'm new to owning but not to playing. I see these folks talking about 600k on WoZ. How many are playing 3 ball instead of 5? Sheet, didn't even realize you could do this until this thread..

#995 7 years ago

My wife thinks I'm building her a "she-shed" because I'm nice. In reality I just want more room in the den for pinball.

#996 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

The one that's pinned?

NO! That would be awful.
    He means the recent sales dispute one.

#997 7 years ago

How about some thick rubber pad in the palms for nudging! I want some creative compensation here Marco...or just settle for a plastics kit lol

#998 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Ok, so I'm new to owning but not to playing. I see these folks talking about 600k on WoZ. How many are playing 3 ball instead of 5? Sheet, didn't even realize you could do this until this thread..

600k on woz with 3 balls is a good game but not great. If you stack things right you can see 600k from bonus

#999 7 years ago

Real confession (not just a deep thought--sorry to break the current mood):

I didn't know the bolts that secure the pop bumpers on Hurricane were reverse threaded... and then this happened

oops (resized).JPGoops (resized).JPG

#1000 7 years ago

When BSD says "see me now", I sing "I see ya baby", the groove armada song

There are 12,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.