Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,563 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by ReadyPO
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R0010429 (resized).jpg
    R0010431 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 252.
    #901 7 years ago
    Quoted from Archytas:

I can never stop thinking about the next game, and when I finally get there I have a hard time enjoying what I have. I have 3 amazing games, I can't get any more because I'm out of space and money and this year I've made a mental vow to stop buying games because it makes me constantly broke.
    So instead I've spent money on making the pins I have nicer, I've just invested over $300 in 2 toppers because 2 of my 3 games lack them, and I'm a sucker for toys and unnecessary stuff like that. There will literally be a point where I have nothing left to do to them, because there is a point where too many mods become too much and I don't want to invest loads and loads into these games because enenvitably I will move them on at some point. 2 games are keepers, the 3rd is in my head trade fodder in a years time for something else.
    I need to save some cash because at some point my car is going to die and will need to be replaced, alongside a whole host of other things. I have very few other hobbies and my games keep me occupied most of the time as I've fallen in deep to this hobby and love every second of it

Time to borrow another machine from me then....

#902 7 years ago
    Quoted from Archytas:

, the 3rd is in my head trade fodder in a years time for something else.

So Sam, which is the trade fodder?

#903 7 years ago
    Quoted from Archytas:

I have 3 amazing games, I can't get any more because I'm out of space and money and this year I've made a mental vow to stop buying games because it makes me constantly broke.
    So instead I've spent money on making the pins I have nicer

Fantastic strategy You have great pins and to make them even pimpier is to my ears. Save up for other expenses that will likely hit and enjoy what you have. For some people it is necessary to completely unplug. Hopefully you can just dial it down a bit and be ok.

matrix2_(resized).jpgmatrix2_(resized).jpg

#904 7 years ago

It's real easy to tell people to be content with their current collection, something I will never be

#905 7 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

It's real easy to tell people to be content with their current collection, something I will never be

There's also the thrill of the hunt and the fun of working on and playing a new game--even if you already have your "keepers" picked out.

#906 7 years ago
    Quoted from WJxxxx:

So Sam, which is the trade fodder?

Twilight Zone - which I doubt you would want having owned one and it's promised to Keith first if he wants it again

#907 7 years ago
    Quoted from Outlane-Avoider:

Time to borrow another machine from me then....

I would if MM ever makes it back to Kettering

#908 7 years ago
    Quoted from Archytas:

Twilight Zone - which I doubt you would want

Sterns only for me from now on - probably. I'm yet to find a pre Stern game that I don't get bored with after completing in a week, and can't afford a WOZ or TH yet.

#909 7 years ago

Removed the pf glass to retrieve ball and adjustment a switch arm. Play tested a few balls and started a new game. This led to playing another ten games and I was beginning to get pretty hot. Coined up another game and on the first ball I am near my hi score. Drained ball two. Ball three I'm working towards a few modes and got a cheap left outlane drain. Instinctively reached in and threw ball back into play. Ball 3 ended with some decent points and resulted in setting a new GC score. As I entered my initials I LIKED IT

edit ***** game name redacted.

#910 7 years ago

I started loving pinball with Gladiators in the bar (played a lot) and shak attack, mario bros and wipe out. Didn't played the bally/williams in the nineties. I ended up with mm, cc,afm and cv because I don t have a lot of room at home and wanted the one I thought the best... And I still dreaming about the Gottlieb Gladiators ...

#911 7 years ago

Maybe more of a Pet Peeve....

it drives me nuts ending a game while an Extra Ball is still available on the table.

#912 7 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Maybe more of a Pet Peeve....
    it drives me nuts ending a game while an Extra Ball is still available on the table.

Me too! Worse than having two balls locked and ending the game on a stupid drain.

#913 7 years ago

How about this? Wizard mode is lit and ready to start, extra ball is lit, and 2 balls are locked with lock lit? I choke whenever that kind of thing happens.

#914 7 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

How about this? Wizard mode is lit and ready to start, extra ball is lit, and 2 balls are locked with lock lit? I choke whenever that kind of thing happens.

What's your strategy? I usually go first for the ex. ball!

#915 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I always go for the extra ball first. None of my games let me stack multiball and wizard mode, so I go for wizard first, then go back for the multiball (if I survive).

#916 7 years ago

I go for the wizard or multi ball first. Then I can focus on the extra ball at the beginning of the multi ball with the ball save on.

#917 7 years ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

I go for the wizard or multi ball first. Then I can focus on the extra ball at the beginning of the multi ball with the ball save on.

Unless playing TWD. Nothing more frustrating than missing the EB shot over and over only to hit it right after you started MB and it just autoplunges it up.

#918 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Well, I usually panic and drain.

1 month later
    #919 7 years ago

Bless me Father, for I have sinned...it's been a month since my last confession...

Every one of my 6 games has something needing fixed and I am thinking about selling them all and getting NIB Stern to avoid working on them

#920 7 years ago

When it comes to spotting lanes, I'm the worst. It's usually better if I don't do anything and just leave it to luck

#921 7 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Every one of my 6 games has something needing fixed and I am thinking about selling them all

Confession: I got to this point and immediately clicked on your collection.

#922 7 years ago

I had a stuck ball last night on Dracula. If was a crazy bounce and jammed up under the castle on the right side. I just shut the machine off and called it a night.

#923 7 years ago

Part of me wants to make random nasty posts in some thread or other until I get kicked out of that thread. Just to say that I once got kicked out of a thread.

#924 7 years ago

at some point pinball collecting becomes a contest. i hate that, i guess its the 'jones' all over again.

#925 7 years ago

I confess that "me-self" identify with about 90% of the posts on this thread...

#926 7 years ago

Bought 4 Pins in 6 months ... - Have to slow down now and keep calm... Everyday i say i'm not addicted... :p

Played a nice Woz last week and now its in my brain..*#** and i got an offer ...

But i have to start my first restoration in a couple weeks.

So have to wait till 2017 for next purchase - maybe?!

#927 7 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Part of me wants to make random nasty posts in some thread or other until I get kicked out of that thread. Just to say that I once got kicked out of a thread.

Not hard anymore.

#928 7 years ago

I just overpayed for a pin by about 300 dollars because i drove 3 hours to get there and didnt want to go home empty handed.

#929 7 years ago

I sometimes dumb down my playing ability when playing with newbies so they aren't discouraged from playing again.

#930 7 years ago
    Quoted from DanTheGlassMan:

I just overpayed for a pin by about 300 dollars because i drove 3 hours to get there and didnt want to go home empty handed.

Isn't that how everyone buys games?

#931 7 years ago

I have done that to the tune of $1000
    You end up resenting the game through no fault of its own

#932 7 years ago

I really want a TF pro. I rather have a TF pro than the new GB.

#933 7 years ago
    Quoted from mickthepin:

I have done that to the tune of $1000
    You end up resenting the game through no fault of its own

No resentment here. Ive been wanting this game forever. And after some nights of work to tear it down and shop it, and an order from marco, its turned out very nice and ive forgiven myself.

20160720_204540_(resized).jpg20160720_204540_(resized).jpg

#934 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

There's also the thrill of the hunt and the fun of working on and playing a new game--even if you already have your "keepers" picked out.

This sounds really metaphoric to cheating on your wife...

#935 7 years ago

No resentment here. Ive been wanting this game forever. And after some nights of work to tear it down and shop it, and an order from marco, its turned out very nice and ive forgiven myself.

Yeah what the hell am I talking about I couldn't resent my worst game.

2 weeks later
    #936 7 years ago

I am a very late comer but I have just started playing GTA 5. The first I have played in the series. Always passed thinking what kind of nut case would play that game. Have to say I love it, greatgame. If you haven't had a go try it out.

#937 7 years ago
    Quoted from mickthepin:

I am a very late comer but I have just started playing GTA 5. The first I have played in the series. Always passed thinking what kind of nut case would play that game. Have to say I love it, greatgame. If you haven't had a go try it out.

Been looking at that, what format are you playing? PC, or console?

#938 7 years ago

I think those NIB sterns that hami mods up look ugly and gaudy.

Added over 8 years ago: *Hemi

#939 7 years ago

I've been trying to sell my HH for like the last month

I have had a higher offer than my asking price of 1500, I haven't taken it, because its my Brother in law and he is kind of a douche plus I would have to ship it to florida.

#940 7 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Been looking at that, what format are you playing? PC, or console?

Console. You can put it on the big screen and I much prefer the controller

#941 7 years ago

I don't like Metallica. Unpopular opinion I know, but I do confess.

#942 7 years ago

I think the last solid build that Stern did was LOTR and even that pales in comparison to any Williams or Bally. I am talking about quality of product not game play.

#943 7 years ago

I think Roller Coaster Tycoon (RCT) is a great game as is!

#944 7 years ago

I was the man on the grassy knoll.

#945 7 years ago
    Quoted from Circus_Animal:

I was the man on the grassy knoll.

So you are admitting to the murder of John F. Kennedy.

#946 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

So you are admitting to the murder of John F. Kennedy.

I confess that it is rare to see responses like this in the confessional.

#947 7 years ago

I buy games and immediately spend a ton of money and time trying to get them back to new, realizing I will never come close to getting that money back. During all of this, I continue to tell my wife I will probably make money when I decide to sell.......

#948 7 years ago

The wife ..... man, the money spent on parts or even a nice pin pales in comparison to the money added up on haircuts alone, fucked if I can tell a single hair has been touched. We all do it ..... admit it. That looks great honey. What the fuck did they do for that money breathe on her head.

2 weeks later
    #949 7 years ago

Was playing MET alone late last night when in the middle of a ball I let out a long, loud fart. Right after I finish, the call out of "Oh, what's that smell" plays. I started laughing so hard I lost my ball. I'm 40, I teach children, but fart jokes are still funny to me.

1 week later
    #950 7 years ago

I cringe every time I see an owner pull the glass, prop up the heavy playfield with the single prop bar on the right, and then watch the playfield torque and twist due to nothing supporting it on the lefthand side. I'm guessing that's a major cause of clearcoat cracking around the edges of inserts.

There are 12,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/19?hl=mightygrave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.