Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,500 posts
  • 720 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 seconds ago by pinzrfun
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    corvair27 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    istockphoto-1179823122-612x612 (resized).jpg
    beijing-lamb-chuan-13 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240104_184633712[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240104_184617341[1] (resized).jpg
    0A18CD89-6539-4786-AA30-EAEBB03F87E5 (resized).jpeg
    R0010223 (resized).jpg
    upPL5r70b2agIXq8PVOUcC8sZxFswrJqNjYB2jYzALE (resized).jpg
    Pulp_Fiction_hype_thread._Chicago_Gaming_Pinside.com_-_2023-12-30_04.58.05 (resized).jpg

There are 12,500 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 250.
    #9801 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I confess I pooped my pants and continued to cut my lawn for the next 45 minutes.

You are two for two for the best confessions.

Edit: Plus, you did a two.

#9802 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'm just not in the Christmas mood this year.

Same. Thanksgiving was nonexistent since almost all of my family is not in MN anymore. Sometimes they get together in GA but that didn’t happen for them either. Figured if they did I could get motivated to go down there and check in on Little Johnny.

Christmas will likely be the same. On the bright side no family drama. Lots of road rage on the 494/694 loop last Wednesday I could feel it and see it.

I was going to do some shopping online for Black Friday and cyber Monday and resisted a lot of great deals. So far I’ve bought 4 pair of work pants and was charged sales tax. I thought no clothing tax in MN even online. I need to save up for a new washer/dryer since the bearings are shot on my washer and has been leaking grease for some time but it’s maximum capacity continues to decrease. Plus it’s got a leak too.

#9803 1 year ago

I confess it seems like smaller snow events are becoming a bigger deal. Supposed to get 2.5” tomorrow and they’re already declaring a winter storm warning? That never happened years ago.

I confess I miss thunderstorms I feel like we’ve been missing them for the last couple summers.

#9804 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

bought 4 pair of work pants

Confess I buy all my blue jeans for working at Goodwill for 4 bucks a pair. Every pair has always been just like brand new.

They have some nice Hawaiian shirts there also, that I would love to have, but for whatever reason they are all way too big for me.

#9805 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess it seems like smaller snow events are becoming a bigger deal. Supposed to get 2.5” tomorrow and they’re already declaring a winter storm warning? That never happened years ago.
    I confess I miss thunderstorms I feel like we’ve been missing them for the last couple summers.

Oh yeah, it got stupid several years ago when they started naming winter storms like they were hurricanes or something.

#9806 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Supposed to get 2.5” tomorrow

Depending where you are, some areas 6+".

Kind of on a line from me to Duluth.

LTG : )

#9807 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Oh yeah, it got stupid several years ago when they started naming winter storms like they were hurricanes or something.

For low pressure systems that produced snow? I suppose snow can do damage just like hurricanes too.

#9808 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

They can have the snow. I have plans later in the day that take me south and I’m not looking forward to it.

I miss Duluth. I used to go there for work sometimes but not anymore. As a kid I saw Duluth long before I saw the ocean so the lake was cool to see.

#9809 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Snow is coming in Colorado tomorrow as well.

#9810 1 year ago

I hope we can get some snow here eventually, it has been a while.

Confess I am glad it never lasts over 2-3 days though.

#9811 1 year ago

My effort to lift my Christmas spirits and get me in the mood.

Be sure and sing to the tune of I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas. Or at least get the tune stuck in your head.

I want a Punchy The Clown Remake for Christmas
    Only a Punchy The Clown Remake will do ( or EFL )
    I don't want a doll, no dinky Tinkertoy
    I want a Punchy The Clown Remake ( or EFL ) to play with and enjoy
    I want a Punchy The Clown Remake ( or EFL ) for Christmas
    I don't think Santa Claus will mind, do you?
    He won't have to use our dirty chimney flue
    Just bring it through the front door
    That's the easy thing to do
    I can see me now on Christmas morning
    Creeping down the stairs
    Oh, what joy and what surprise
    When I open up my eyes
    To see my Pinchy ( or EFL ) hero standing there
    Only a Punchy The Clown Remake ( or EFL ) will do
    No crocodiles, or rhinoceroseses
    I only like Punchy The Clown Remakes ( or EFLs )
    And Punchy The Clown Remakes ( or EFLs ) like me too
    A Punchy The Clown Remake ( or EFL ) is all I want
    Mom says the Punchy The Clown Remake ( or EFL ) would eat me up
    But then teacher says Fred Young is a vegetarian
    The kind I saw this Spring at TPF
    There's lots of room for him in our two car garage
    I'd play him there and wash him there
    And give him his massage
    I can see me now on Christmas morning
    Creeping down the stairs
    Oh, what joy and what surprise
    When I open up my eyes
    To see my Punchy The Clown Remake ( or EFL ) hero standing there
    Only a Punchy The Clown Remake ( or EFL ) will do
    No crocodiles, or rhinoceroseses
    I only like Punchy The Clown Remakes ( or EFLs )
    And Punchy The Clown Remakes ( or EFLs ) like me too

#9812 1 year ago

Christmas is very easy for me.

1. Send my mom a very good Christmas card, she is a freak about Christmas cards.

2. Get my girlfriend a bunch of lotto scratch off tickets, her favorite thing.

Other than that, just another day of the year for me.

I celebrate birthdays more than anything, and even with those I always work on my birthday, because that is what I want to do.

Confess I was very sick last week, thought I may die a few times, but I am getting better now, and it feels very good.

Weird how my taste buds are slow to get back to normal, confess while I always really, really liked beer, so far it does not taste good at all.

Oh well, I am just glad that I am alive and drinking beer and goofing off on here again.

#9813 1 year ago

Confess I love being "online", on my computer goofing off on Pinside.

Confess I hate having to go "online" to take care of other things.

Recently I needed to go to the courthouse to renew a permit, and I had to make that appointment "online", and it was a pain in the ass.

Last week, I needed to make an appointment to go to urgent care, had to do that "online", and it was a pain in the ass.

And of all things, last night I wanted fish from Captain D's, have not had any in over 3 years, I get to the menu board at the drive thru to order, and they tell me that they are only taking orders "online".

Needless to say, I picked up food from somewhere else, and I will never go back to that place again.

#9814 1 year ago

Bill and his Big Arse Van came to mine to pick up a machine i'd swapped and take it to Brisbane yesti.

He had a present on board for me, that he'd bought on my behalf.

I'd told him i was looking for an LAI cocktail and he delivered in spades.

Take five, i love it, but confess i can't figure out how to start a game.

tf1 (resized).jpgtf1 (resized).jpg

tf2 (resized).jpgtf2 (resized).jpg

#9815 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Bill and his Big Arse Van came to mine to pick up a machine i'd swapped and take it to Brisbane yesti.
    He had a present on board for me, that he'd bought on my behalf.
    I'd told him i was looking for an LAI cocktail and he delivered in spades.
    Take five, i love it, but confess i can't figure out how to start a game.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Looks like no credits.

#9816 1 year ago

Confess I really enjoyed the USA beating Iran in the world cup to advance. Go USA

#9817 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Looks like no credits.

Yes, but coins don't add them, neither does playing with the mechs.

#9818 1 year ago

I feel Cyber Monday deals were kind of duds. I know some of that is attributed to lingering supply chain issues. Perhaps there were deals on stuff I wasn't particularly shopping for.

#9819 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Confess I really enjoyed the USA beating Iran in the world cup to advance. Go USA

That was the most nail biting futbol I'm seen in a while.

#9820 1 year ago

Is it like an arcade with a button inside to press for free credits? Or can it just be set to free play. I’m sure there is a manual online.

Quoted from punkin:Yes, but coins don't add them, neither does playing with the mechs.

#9822 1 year ago

> Is there a way to set the CPU jumpers on an Allied Leisure Take Five so that it's free-play? IPDB states that the game is convertible to do add-a-ball or free-play, but I wasn't sure if it was a typo and supposed to say add-a-ball and replay. I have the game options document and there is no mention of free-play mode.

Nope, its not an option to do freeplay. IPDB is in error. And since it doesn't have memory, you cant easily do the "low replay score" trick. The easiest thing is to mount a credit switch on the coin return button.

0D6106EC-9D87-43A5-9A38-301A7D862276 (resized).png0D6106EC-9D87-43A5-9A38-301A7D862276 (resized).png
    #9823 1 year ago

I confess I’m too tired to put together a NIB rotisserie for playfields. Long day. Can’t remember the last time I started so early.

#9824 1 year ago

In my further attempts to get in the Christmas spirit.

Everybody stops and stares at me
    These two pins are gone as you can see
    I don't know just who to blame for this catastrophe
    But my one wish on Christmas Eve is as plain as can be
    All I want for Christmas is my PTCR and EFL
    My two favorite pins
    See my two favorite pins
    Gee, if I could only have my two favorite pins
    Then I could wish you, "Merry Christmas"
    It seems so long since I could say
    "Sister, Susie sitting on a thistle!"
    Gosh, oh gee, how happy I'd be, if I could only whistle
    All I want for Christmas is my two favorite pins
    My two favorite pins
    See my two favorite pins
    It seems so long since I could say
    "Sister, Susie sitting on a thistle!"
    Gosh, oh gee, how happy I'd be, if I could only whistle
    All I want for Christmas is my two favorite pins
    My two favorite pins
    See my two favorite pins

#9825 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

> Is there a way to set the CPU jumpers on an Allied Leisure Take Five so that it's free-play? IPDB states that the game is convertible to do add-a-ball or free-play, but I wasn't sure if it was a typo and supposed to say add-a-ball and replay. I have the game options document and there is no mention of free-play mode.
    Nope, its not an option to do freeplay. IPDB is in error. And since it doesn't have memory, you cant easily do the "low replay score" trick. The easiest thing is to mount a credit switch on the coin return button.[quoted image]

Thanks guy, little ol me had got that far and i had both the manual online and the service updates with the jumper switch positions that you are referring before i posted.

Haven't got that far into it to look at the jumpers, out of my wheelhouse. My tech will be here in the next week or two, and i have two machines incoming (restored NBA Fastbreak and an Alien SV), but i''m sure they'll have issues, so i'll wait for then.

#9826 1 year ago

After freezing all night pumping off a barge, I was kind of happy when it sprang a leak. I’m now sitting on a warm boat smoking cigarettes with a nice view. I hope the mechanic takes the rest of my shift to fix it.

056516E6-77CC-4401-81FD-17B1FB15FAFC (resized).jpeg056516E6-77CC-4401-81FD-17B1FB15FAFC (resized).jpeg
    #9827 1 year ago

Stay warm and enjoy them darts! I came here to confess that one of sparky's shoes broke off and wedged under the metal bracket right beside it. The confession is that i noticed it over a month ago but it hasn’t moved and i never bothered to fix it yet! It's out on location and still earning money!
    *yes, it's the custom sparky in my avatar. Stern should have made the feet a separate piece.

#9828 1 year ago

I bought $100+ Scanpan saucepan with heavy copper encased base solely for doing green butter.

#9829 1 year ago

I went thru my worst commute ever yesterday. Maybe 5-6” of snow, mixed w very icy roads..add unprepared road crews n shitty drivers w inadequate tires..a 30 mile commute took me just under 11 hours to get home! I confess that I had 3 darts in my company vehicle, n it’s not allowed. But did see a cyclist on the freeway, sorry for the blurry pix..

4073D16A-6B5F-4FBA-81B4-C09C9E579CAB (resized).jpeg4073D16A-6B5F-4FBA-81B4-C09C9E579CAB (resized).jpegE0A03E15-0AC2-4328-B094-05B245D1C445 (resized).jpegE0A03E15-0AC2-4328-B094-05B245D1C445 (resized).jpeg
    #9830 1 year ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

I went thru my worst commute ever yesterday. Maybe 5-6” of snow, mixed w very icy roads..add unprepared road crews n shitty drivers w inadequate tires..a 30 mile commute took me just under 11 hours to get home! I confess that I had 3 darts in my company vehicle, n it’s not allowed. But did see a cyclist on the freeway, sorry for the blurry pix..
    [quoted image][quoted image]

And you thought you had a bad day

#9831 1 year ago

Where has everyone gone to talk about the Supreme-o pinball now that the chat is closed?

#9832 1 year ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That you on the Bike Hwy?

#9833 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Where has everyone gone to talk about the Supreme-o pinball now that the chat is closed?

WTF is sumpremo pinball?

#9834 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

WTF is sumpremo pinball?

Stern Pin

sup (resized).jpgsup (resized).jpg
    #9835 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Stern Pin
    [quoted image]

Looks really ugly and stupid

#9836 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Stern Pin
    [quoted image]

Ahh that stupid branded thing Supreme. I thought it was something new.

What's there to talk about?

#9837 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Ahh that stupid branded thing Supreme. I thought it was something new.

A guy was asking $100,000 for one

#9838 1 year ago

Yeah, they are stupid people. Best off ignoring them, they have facebook, mirrors and gym class. Stay away from those places.

#9839 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Not much. But it was up to 70 some responses.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-supremo

#9840 1 year ago

Righto. I'm all caught up.

#9841 1 year ago

Me too.. and i didn't even have to click that link. No thanks!

#9842 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I confess I pooped my pants and continued to cut my lawn for the next 45 minutes.

Works got to get done and No point showering twice .

#9843 1 year ago

Confess since playing deadpool and going for the left flipper up super secret mkvIV skill shot all the time, i hold left flipper up all the same on my other machines.

Old Bally's. Indianna Jones, it don't matter.

#9844 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess since playing deadpool and going for the left flipper up super secret mkvIV skill shot all the time, i hold left flipper up all the same on my other machines.
    Old Bally's. Indianna Jones, it don't matter.

I just played Deadpool for 3 straight days and every plunge I had the left flipper pressed. I imagine when I fire up the games tomorrow, I'll be doing the same

#9845 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I just played Deadpool for 3 straight days and every plunge I had the left flipper pressed. I imagine when I fire up the games tomorrow, I'll be doing the same

I am a left flipper holder as well. Thanks to TMNT and Mando.

#9846 1 year ago

I had a couple of posts modded on the Funny Captions thread. One about Kanye and one about the pope talking about bugs and the afterlife. I prolly need to spend less time on Reddit. I guess Ye is political now that he’s running in ‘24, and therefore off-limits.

(I’m not disagreeing with the mod’s decision. But like they say, “tilting is trying”)

Confess that I don’t miss drinking, and I don’t missing posting while drunk. Hopefully this will improve the quality of my Pinside posts.

#9847 1 year ago

I love to give to others. I 3D print a ton and I make flipper keychains and hand them out at league night. I tell them it’s part of league but it’s not, it’s just me giving out smiles.

#9848 1 year ago
    Quoted from TroyS:

I love to give to others. I 3D print a ton and I make flipper keychains and hand them out at league night. I tell them it’s part of league but it’s not, it’s just me giving out smiles.

Same. I bought 2000 bouncy balls to give away for nothing, just to see parents playing handball with their kids.

#9849 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mcshaney:

Works got to get done and No point showering twice .

Exactly...that what a man does I.m.o
    "Power tools and machines define a man"

#9850 1 year ago

Sorry folks had a few drinks.

There are 12,500 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/197?hl=troys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.