Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,560 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 hours ago by brobra
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 252.
    #9751 1 year ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

I confess not heading to pinside for like 4 days sucks balls as there's a lot of catching up to do.

Dude where have you been? I'm keeping up with it, while in the Dominican Republic

#9752 1 year ago

Lucky it's been quiet as fuck all week.

Missing Johnny.

#9753 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Lucky it's been quiet as fuck all week.
    Missing Johnny.

He's a little under the weather.

#9754 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

He's a little under the weather.

I saw he switched to water from Natty I hope everything is okay.

#9755 1 year ago

I'm sending JP007 some good vibes. I feel about about all the sore throught memes I put out yesterday.

#9756 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I'm sending JP007 some good vibes. I feel about about all the sore throught memes I put out yesterday.

I bet in a couple of weeks he’ll be back to his usual self

412B9333-6349-433C-B784-40AFB34F1EAB (resized).jpeg412B9333-6349-433C-B784-40AFB34F1EAB (resized).jpeg
    #9757 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I bet in a couple of weeks he’ll be back to his usual self
    [quoted image]

You know it's bad when he replaced natural light with water.

#9758 1 year ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

Dude where have you been? I'm keeping up with it, while in the Dominican Republic

i'm booked for February. - Punta Cana

#9759 1 year ago

i'm booked for February. - Punta Cana

Yeah that's where I am. Eat, drink, nap, eat, drink, sleep. Then do it all again tomorrow, I promise I'll walk the beach tomorrow.

#9760 1 year ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

Yeah that's where I am. Eat, drink, nap, eat, drink, sleep. Then do it all again tomorrow, I promise I'll walk the beach tomorrow.

Too bad the weather has been great since you've left. +2°C today. Bet when northerndude is there it's -25°C here.

#justajealouscanuck

#9761 1 year ago

This kid's got it together.

Pretty proud to be able to nudge you this way if you haven't heard Parker. Band rocks.

#9762 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

You know it's bad when he replaced natural light with water.

What's this water you speak of?

Quoted from punkin:

This kid's got it together.
    Pretty proud to be able to nudge you this way if you haven't heard Parker. Band rocks.

Wasn't expecting that voice out of him. Not my preference of music but dudes got a voice.

#9763 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

What's this water you speak of?

Bottled water; not natural light.

#9764 1 year ago

On a tear right now. Went to see Simple Plan and The Offspring on Saturday night and tomorrow i'm heading into city to see The Headstones. I wore out my "Teeth and Tissue" Headstones cassette in my car in '95, really pumped to see them in a small venue

#9765 1 year ago

i'm heading into city to see The Headstones.

Smile and wave to the Regina boys for me

#9766 1 year ago

On a tear right now. Went to see Simple Plan and The Offspring on Saturday night and tomorrow i'm heading into city to see The Headstones. I wore out my "Teeth and Tissue" Headstones cassette in my car in '95, really pumped to see them in a small venue

Make sure to give Hugh the middle finger, he loves that. I saw them multiple times in the 90s they are great in a smaller venue

#9767 1 year ago

I confess I "un-ignored" someone I ignored a long time ago, we'll see if it holds.

#9768 1 year ago

Yay!

Growth is good.

#9769 1 year ago

My buddy is on the Canadian Tour with the Headstones. He's the drummer with the ArcanaKings and tells me its been a blast so far. Have fun, should be a deadly show!

#9770 1 year ago

Wife is drunk and playing Striker Extreme and F14.

Words to my ears. She just said, spend some more money and get better games

#9771 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'm trying. Forced to watch Enchanted now we are on Disenchanted.

#9772 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I'm trying. Forced to watch Enchanted now we are on Disenchanted.

That sounds terrible.

I got tired of her ripping F14 and watching college football. I love rivalry week.

#9773 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

You get that woman a better game! Now!

#9774 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

You get that woman a better game! Now!

She only wants funhouse. I can't justify the prices they go for now. I paid $3600 cdn in 2017 for mine. Now they're close to if not over 10k cdn. Nope. She liked Breakshot. Think I'm going to try and get that back for her and I'll have F14 for me. Confess, I love Breakshot so really for me but I'll let her think I got it for her

#9775 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

That sounds terrible.
    I got tired of her ripping F14 and watching college football. I love rivalry week.

Got to say Disenchanted was a good follow up to the OG movie 15 years ago. Where the Craw Dads Sing we watched last night and it was so poorly developed. If my wife and I hadn't read the book we would have had no emotional tie to the main character.

#9776 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Be careful what you wish for. Spend more money = make more money = work more = why are you gone all the time?

#9777 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Spend more money = make more money = work more

Confess I have been doing the exact opposite of this since May, and I never plan to go back.

#9778 1 year ago

I was thinking about phones and their ringtones. Back in 2005-2010 how easy it was to copy and paste a files in Windows and that was it. Everyone wanted something different. Later on it was more difficult to change and then businesses were selling them via a download. That makes sense.

Now, you don’t see them marketed anymore. Most everyone seems to prefer their phones on silent myself included. Ironic for how in love most of us are with our devices. Little Johnnys flip phone excluded.

#9779 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I was thinking about phones and their ringtones. Back in 2005-2010 how easy it was to copy and paste a files in Windows and that was it. Everyone wanted something different. Later on it was more difficult to change and then businesses were selling them via a download. That makes sense.
    Now, you don’t see them marketed anymore. Most everyone seems to prefer their phones on silent myself included. Ironic for how in love most of us are with our devices. Little Johnnys flip phone excluded.

I'm still new to owning a cellphone. I chose retro arcade as my ringtone. If I cared to figure out how to have a custom one I'd probably go with the old Monday night football jingle or the old hockey night in Canada jingle.

#9780 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'm still new to owning a cellphone. I chose retro arcade as my ringtone. If I cared to figure out how to have a custom one I'd probably go with the old Monday night football jingle or the old hockey night in Canada jingle.

I've had cell phones since 1994, when most people had no clue what they were.

I like ringtones for my phone when I am busy, because I would miss important messages otherwise. Mine is an EM pinball sound

#9781 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I've had cell phones since 1994

Same here 1994. I loved the first one, the brick phone. I still have it somewhere; I have heard that it works off satellites and could still be used to call 911 from anywhere.

My dad and several others had mobile phones all the way back around 1982. They had an antenna installed on their vehicles for those, and the phones were mounted on the floorboard area between the front seats.

While the brick phone was expensive enough to use, especially with all of the roaming charges, the mobile phones were way more expensive to use.

Confess I really hated going from that brick phone to my first tiny phone, but it was a whole lot cheaper and no roaming charges anymore.

I have never tried to change a ringtone.

The funniest one I ever heard was Salt N Peppa "Push It", heard that in a post office line one time long ago.

One of my friends used to have the Sandford and Son theme music for his ringtone, and with the piece of junk truck that he used to drive it was a perfect fit.

#9782 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Same here 1994. I loved the first one, the brick phone. I still have it somewhere; I have heard that it works off satellites and could still be used to call 911 from anywhere.
    My dad and several others had mobile phones all the way back around 1982. They had an antenna installed on their vehicles for those, and the phones were mounted on the floorboard area between the front seats.
    While the brick phone was expensive enough to use, especially with all of the roaming charges, the mobile phones were way more expensive to use.
    Confess I really hated going from that brick phone to my first tiny phone, but it was a whole lot cheaper and no roaming charges anymore.
    I have never tried to change a ringtone.
    The funniest one I ever heard was Salt N Peppa "Push It", heard that in a post office line one time long ago.
    One of my friends used to have the Sandford and Son theme music for his ringtone, and with the piece of junk truck that he used to drive it was a perfect fit.

My dad had the Motorola suitcase car phone in the late 80s. Think there was a antenna also. He was working for cn and cp rail in remote parts of British Columbia and no phone service.

In the early 90s there were a handful of buddies in high school who had the early flip phones. They cost so much during the days that no one used them. They were free after 7 or 8pm tho.

#9783 1 year ago

I miss my old Nokia's ring tone.. it was a truck driver talking on a cb.... "breaker breaker pavement shaker, pull back the hammer for the picture taker"

#9784 1 year ago

My ring tone has been either Gary Jules Mad World or WooHoo by the 5,6,7,8's (Kill Bill) for years and years. I made both ring tones by lifting them from youtube and then using another program to cut them into ringtones.

#9785 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Mine is an EM pinball sound

That’s my numbers ringtone on my ma’s phone.

#9786 1 year ago

Confess that if it's true that he who dies with the most toys wins, then i have beaten everyone i know.

Time to retire whilst at the top and start realizing some of them.

#9787 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess that if it's true that he who dies with the most toys wins, then i have beaten everyone i know.
    Time to retire whilst at the top and start realizing some of them.

He who dies with the most toys still dies.

#9788 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

He who dies with the most toys still dies.

Well, no-one get's out alive.....

So still a win?

#9789 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Well, no-one get's out alive.....

Except maybe Walt Disney. We are still waiting to see how that one pans out.

#9790 1 year ago

He's as dead as the rest of them, just a different burial.

There was that one guy though, according to stories.

#9791 1 year ago
    Screenshot_20221127-160748 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221127-160748 (resized).png
    #9792 1 year ago

I confess I thought of a great, and a little dangerous, idea for a pinball tournament.

I’m in the middle of a playfield swap and I’m running new flipper button wire. I used a new line cord as scrap wire.

I haven’t cut the male part of the cord off yet but figured you could use a screwdriver to short each flipper instead of using the buttons on the cabinet.

I wouldn’t give any instructions but I figured this is the smartest way to do it and mount the screwdriver like a turn signal in your vehicle for a muscle reflex advantage.

90A89B09-EC60-4253-9A3D-70F8C3AE9E09 (resized).jpeg90A89B09-EC60-4253-9A3D-70F8C3AE9E09 (resized).jpeg

#9793 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

My buddy is on the Canadian Tour with the Headstones. He's the drummer with the ArcanaKings and tells me its been a blast so far. Have fun, should be a deadly show!

Awesome, they introduced him during the show, the Arcanakings are something else!! holy christ, had never heard their music before.

#9794 1 year ago

I confess I pooped my pants and continued to cut my lawn for the next 45 minutes.

#9795 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I confess I pooped my pants and continued to cut my lawn for the next 45 minutes.

No way!

786d2f59-6360-41bc-9fbd-75dd63ab4ff8_text.gif786d2f59-6360-41bc-9fbd-75dd63ab4ff8_text.gif

#9796 1 year ago

I confess there are a thousand mars bars wrappers under our bed.

#9797 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

No way!
    [quoted image]

It wasnt an all out poop but I figured fark it suck it up and finish the job.

#9798 1 year ago

There's still gotta be an award for that.

Confess i got sent some google invite for a teleconference this morning and i have no fucking idea what i'm suppossed to do.

#9799 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

hats-off-to-your-dedication-ss-rajamouli.gifhats-off-to-your-dedication-ss-rajamouli.gif
    #9800 1 year ago

I got my Christmas lights up yesterday.

I confess. I'm just not in the Christmas mood this year. It's been a tough year. I'll be glad when it's over and hopefully next year is better.

LTG

DSC00762 (resized).JPGDSC00762 (resized).JPG
    There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/196?hl=ryguy80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.