Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,560 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by brobra
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 252.
    #851 7 years ago
    Quoted from king-pin:

I now have a pinball in my bedroom.

Double thumbs-up for you if it's Hercules.

#852 7 years ago
    Quoted from king-pin:

I now have a pinball in my bedroom.

king-pin,

You may want to post (or update your post) in the "how deep have you fallen in" thread.
    Impressive collection you have put together.

#853 7 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Double thumbs-up for you if it's Hercules.

It's Jokerz,so maybe I am a joke in the bedroom!

#854 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Impressive collection you have put together.

Thanks,it is a work in progress.When I eventually buy a shed and get them out of my house I will be opening them up to the public as a playable pinball museum.

#855 7 years ago

Damm that's cool

#856 7 years ago

I was drunk last night and I am going to get drunk tonight

#857 7 years ago

I bought another duplicate pin last night. It was a good deal so why the heck not...

(aesthetically nicer than the other one I have so it will be an upgrade one I get it functional)

#858 7 years ago

I have 3 pins coming and SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) doesn't know yet

#859 7 years ago

I have more pins than friends.

#860 7 years ago

I'm buying more pins than I have space for (AGAIN!!!)

#861 7 years ago

I convince myself that the playfield will look better in the flesh than it does in the photos.

#862 7 years ago

I bought myself a GOTLE for Mother's Day. Have not bought Mother's Day gift yet.

#863 7 years ago

I obsess over my machines so much I work on them more than I play them.....Can't stand playing a machine that isn't working 100%

#864 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bakerman:

Gollum multi ball "you haven't got any friends"

#865 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bakerman:

So do I.

#866 7 years ago
    Quoted from bonanza:

I have 3 pins coming and SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) doesn't know yet

I know that confession!

#867 7 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I know that confession!

It will be an interesting conversation. I don't think they will come all at once so I'll have to have to listen to the crazy woman ranting 3 times.

#868 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bakerman:

...and I have more wives than friends.

#869 7 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I bought myself a GOTLE for Mother's Day. Have not bought Mother's Day gift yet.

I told my wife it's "Mother of Dragons" day. Good thing she has a sense of humor.

1 week later
    #870 7 years ago

When I see "CV" my first thought is "copy/paste," rather than "Circus Voltaire."

1 week later
    #871 7 years ago

I'm currently on a 21-week streak in which I've won my 4-player group (one tie) in the New England Pinball League regular season. This streak goes back 3 seasons.

A couple thoughts :
    1) This is the only place I feel comfortable bragging about it.
    2) I still don't think I'm as consistent as I'd like to be, but I'm getting there.

#872 7 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

I'm currently on a 21-week streak in which I've won my 4-player group (one tie) in the New England Pinball League regular season. This streak goes back 3 seasons.
    A couple thoughts :
    1) This is the only place I feel comfortable bragging about it.
    2) I still don't think I'm as consistent as I'd like to be, but I'm getting there.

Come on down to The Sanctum or go to L&G for more competition

#873 7 years ago

When my first ball in pinbot drains too fast, I usually restart the game immediately. But I always do better on the games I don't restart. Pinbot knows when you are cheating.

#874 7 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

When I see "CV" my first thought is "copy/paste," rather than "Circus Voltaire."

Thank God...I thought it was just me. I always think "Curriculum Vitae."

#875 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thank God...I thought it was just me. I always think "Curriculum Vitae."

I always think of a crunching noise from my car as a CV joint fails.

#876 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and I have more wives than friends.

speechless.gifspeechless.gif

#878 7 years ago

I like it when a shot to the left orbit goes into the pops on my GOTLE.

#879 7 years ago

I don't mind Mylar so much...

#880 7 years ago

I'm turned on by Pinbot.

#881 7 years ago

I have owned 8 high speeds in 5 years.

#882 7 years ago

When one of my pins is about to say something, I always ask it a relevant question.

Me: "Sorcerer, how do you like your steak?"
    Sorcerer: "Well done!"

#883 7 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

When one of my pins is about to say something, I always ask it a relevant question.
    Me: "Sorcerer, how do you like your steak?"
    Sorcerer: "Well done!"

Doh!

#884 7 years ago

Same here. Whenever the Ringmaster asks "What did you call my mother?" I answer him with " A springy neck ho!"

#885 7 years ago

My wife caught me polishing my knob. I told her I'd leave it alone for a day, but she was sleeping and I didn't want to wake her and then she walked in on me...

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#886 7 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

My wife caught me polishing my knob. I told her I'd leave it alone for a day, but she was sleeping and I didn't want to wake her and then she walked in on me...

Watch out cause if you keep on polishing too much your knob you'll get hairy-hands...

#887 7 years ago

I have gone for more than 2yrs without turning on any of my pins.

#888 7 years ago
    Quoted from WIKED:

Maybe do something about your personal hygiene then,because my pins are always turned on!

#889 7 years ago
    Quoted from WIKED:

Been there. I had a life altering experience that made pins far from on my mind. They went dark for a couple of years.

The funny thing is how many freakin bulbs go dead on pins that are turned off. And it is not the sockets or connections. At least a few hundred [mostly #555] lamps were dead.

#890 7 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Been there. I had a life altering experience that made pins far from on my mind. They went dark for a couple of years.
    The funny thing is how many freakin bulbs go dead on pins that are turned off. And it is not the sockets or connections. At least a few hundred [mostly #555] lamps were dead.

So true...these games were meant to be played!

#891 7 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

The funny thing is how many freakin bulbs go dead on pins that are turned off.

My hobby is sneaking into the houses of pinheads who never play their games and swapping dead bulbs for good ones. They'll never know!

#892 7 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

I've seen your knob, and it needed a good polishing. Can't say I didn't offer...

#893 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I've seen your knob, and it needed a good polishing. Can't say I didn't offer...

LOL!!!

#894 7 years ago

I struggle to enjoy a routed or average player's condition game. I've torn down games completely after only playing them once (at the seller's house).

#895 7 years ago

I've come to the realization that I really want a nice Scared Stiff. It's fun, it's funny. I don't care that it's simple. it's entertaining.

... buuuuut ...

I'm also not willing to pay what the going rate is for a nice Scared Stiff, so apparently I don't want it bad enough.

#896 7 years ago

I've bamboozled my wife into believing that pinball machines all over the house are "investments".

#897 7 years ago
    Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

I've bamboozled my wife into believing that pinball machines all over the house are "investments".

PM sent to your wife.

#898 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

PM sent to your wife.

No wonder you have no friends

#899 7 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

No wonder you have no friends

That's not why.

#900 7 years ago

I can never stop thinking about the next game, and when I finally get there I have a hard time enjoying what I have. I have 3 amazing games, I can't get any more because I'm out of space and money and this year I've made a mental vow to stop buying games because it makes me constantly broke.

So instead I've spent money on making the pins I have nicer, I've just invested over $300 in 2 toppers because 2 of my 3 games lack them, and I'm a sucker for toys and unnecessary stuff like that. There will literally be a point where I have nothing left to do to them, because there is a point where too many mods become too much and I don't want to invest loads and loads into these games because enenvitably I will move them on at some point. 2 games are keepers, the 3rd is in my head trade fodder in a years time for something else.

I need to save some cash because at some point my car is going to die and will need to be replaced, alongside a whole host of other things. I have very few other hobbies and my games keep me occupied most of the time as I've fallen in deep to this hobby and love every second of it

There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/18?hl=pinbot02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.