Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,562 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R0010429 (resized).jpg
    R0010431 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 252.
    #9351 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

At 58, we’re big pants people! Didn’t know you and I are the same age.

giphy (9).gifgiphy (9).gif

#9352 1 year ago

Fuckin cookies.

2.30 pm, just stood up and went to put my hands in my jumper pockets.

I'm wearing a t shirt.

#9353 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

At 58, we’re big pants people!

I am 54, and I have been wearing big pants for many years, because when working I like to keep a water bottle in my pants when working, and that does not work when pants are tight at all.

Ok, I confess, even when I am not working, I still like wearing baggy pants.

My girlfriend hates my pants, but if she made more of an effort to wear something I like, I may would wear some stuff she likes.

Forever I wore size 28, and the last 15 years 32 is the right fit, but I like size 34, for plenty of room in the pockets.

33 is ok also, a tad of room in the pockets.

Confess I still have the expensive "parachute pants" that I wore in high school, like Billy Idol, Loverboy, and other bands wore at the time.

Other than those teenage years, when I was young and dumb, anytime I have ever needed to buy jeans I have went to Goodwill.

Funny how there are always plenty of brand-new jeans and work shirts at Goodwill for very cheap that fit me, but I have never been able to buy an Hawaiin shirt there, they are always way too big.

And while I am at it, I confess it pretty much pissed me off equally the time that I cut my knee with a chainsaw, and had to get 11 stitches, that the saw also messed up my favorite pair of jeans at that time.

#9354 1 year ago

I may have already confessed this, but I will say it again, I am so happy that cold front came through here a few weeks ago, and the air outside is cool and crisp.

Cool air just seems a lot more refreshing.

I get tired of the 90's temps in the summer, and all that humidity, just seems too damn stuffy or something.

Confess I am very glad that my area does not get snow for several months like a lot of places do, but I do hope this year I can have maybe 5 days with snow on the ground, because it is nice to see it for a few days, and then I am done with that again for a few more years.

In the last few years, it has snowed a few times, but within a few hours it was all gone, except for the snow in areas with a lot of shade may have still had a trace for 2 days.

#9355 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I may have already confessed this, but I will say it again, I am so happy that cold front came through here a few weeks ago, and the air outside is cool and crisp.
    Cool air just seems a lot more refreshing.
    I get tired of the 90's temps in the summer, and all that humidity, just seems too damn stuffy or something.
    Confess I am very glad that my area does not get snow for several months like a lot of places do, but I do hope this year I can have maybe 5 days with snow on the ground, because it is nice to see it for a few days, and then I am done with that again for a few more years.
    In the last few years, it has snowed a few times, but within a few hours it was all gone, except for the snow in areas with a lot of shade may have still had a trace for 2 days.

Ugghhhhh, this morning. First one of year

D5D426BD-8A06-4EAB-8401-876C2368DC24 (resized).jpegD5D426BD-8A06-4EAB-8401-876C2368DC24 (resized).jpeg
    #9356 1 year ago

And while I am at it, I confess it pretty much pissed me off equally the time that I cut my knee with a chainsaw, and had to get 11 stitches, that the saw also messed up my favorite pair of jeans at that time.

That's the price of fashion. You went for the slasher look

#9357 1 year ago

Possum backwards and forwards on my tin rook since midnight. Still going now at 4.30am.

#9358 1 year ago

Been a bit worried about my lack of appetite lately as it's coinciding with a little more unbalance at night than my alcohol intake suggests.

Looked up my symptoms this morning and it confirmed my suspicions.

The symptoms of malnutrition are:

losing weight
    losing muscle
    losing appetite
    pale skin
    confusion
    hair loss
    wounds that do not heal
    weakness
    falls
    dental problems

Best see a dietician. Problem is the loss of appetite. I don't know how they'll fix that.
    I don't eat every day and i have no interest in food at all.

I used to travel overseas just on food tours.

#9359 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Been a bit worried about my lack of appetite lately as it's coinciding with a little more unbalance at night than my alcohol intake suggests.
    losing weight
    losing muscle
    losing appetite
    pale skin
    confusion
    hair loss
    wounds that do not heal
    weakness
    falls
    dental problems
    Best see a dietician. Problem is the loss of appetite. I don't know how they'll fix that.

Confess I thought all that was normal as we get older.

#9360 1 year ago

I eat very, very little compared to what i did 5 years ago.
    Admittedly, i lost a lot of weight when i separated from my wife then, through a combination of diet and exercise, but my weight has been steady for a few years now and i am eating less and less.
    The empty headed feeling is new and what set me looking.

A chicken thigh fillet, southern style is what i've been having lately and i don't eat every day, when i do, it's one small snack.
    Maybe a toasted sandwich or a couple slices of pizza.
    I can order or buy anything i want, but there's nothing at all that interests me. Haven't eaten a steak or a chop for a year.

Always been a salad dodger, but the only vegies i eat nowadays are spices and sauces.

#9361 1 year ago

I feel like a complete moron. I just bit my lip. Well fuk did that hurt. I even drew blood. I've taken millions of bites of food and never drew blood. Like I had a spastic seizure and my mouth decided to go sideways as I bit

#9362 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Always been a salad dodger, but the only vegies i eat nowadays are spices and sauces.

I had a chicken ceasar salad with homemade dressing for lunch and fuk was it good. Wife crumbled a little bacon and homemade garlic parm croutons. I confess I just drooled a little describing it. Haha

#9363 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I feel like a complete moron. I just bit my lip. Well fuk did that hurt. I even drew blood. I've taken millions of bites of food and never drew blood. Like I had a spastic seizure and my mouth decided to go sideways as I bit

A few days ago I bit my inside cheek. I know what you mean.

#9364 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I feel like a complete moron. I just bit my lip.

That is pretty bad.

Quoted from RyanStl:

A few days ago I bit my inside cheek. I know what you mean.

Confess I have bit my inside cheek a few times, and the edge of my tongue a few times, but so far, my lips have stayed the hell out of the way.

And I know all about karma, I am sure now soon I will also bite my lip, after poking a little fun here.

#9365 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

losing weight
    losing muscle
    losing appetite
    pale skin
    confusion
    hair loss
    wounds that do not heal
    weakness
    falls
    dental problems

Yeah, better check that out. Its a mystery to me because with the amount of weed and beer you drive into you (nothing wrong with that!) youd think that good eatings would somehow follow.

#9366 1 year ago

Plus Punkin seems full of life with hosting pinball tournaments and hanging out with the wildlife in a very care free type environment. I'd gain 100 lbs.

#9367 1 year ago

When you're finished doing that
    Put out the dog and bring in the cat

RockAndRollRulesPunkin

#9368 1 year ago

Confess I have bit my inside cheek a few times, and the edge of my tongue a few times, but so far, my lips have stayed the hell out of the way.

I don't like when I'm happily noming away and suddenly have molars chomp down on tongue. Ouch! Luckily it hasn't happened too many times, but I would've preferred for it to not happen at all.

Also, molten cheese isn't detected until after it's eaten.

Maybe those bugs will get worked out in the next code update.

#9369 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Maybe those bugs will get worked out in the next code update.

Not likely seeing how the….roots….of our teeth are quite….deep…

#9370 1 year ago

Also I confess I’m excited to see what snowy_owl has planned for a shop. I was fortunate to take over most of the basement as a kid cause nobody else cared to use it for anything.

#9371 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Also, molten cheese isn't detected until after it's eaten.

This often happens to me with pizza right out of the oven. Burn the roof of my mouth every time, but never learn to wait.

#9372 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

This often happens to me with pizza right out of the oven. Burn the roof of my mouth every time, but never learn to wait.

+1 I can’t wait. Also the gums around my back teeth. Sometimes so much so the skin peels a little. Still never learn. I confess I love pizza that much.

#9373 1 year ago

I like to think it hardens the mouth.

#9374 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess I had this for lunch. Beets, squash, Brussels sprouts…all raw.

D5850D05-23E9-4E78-809B-B5DC748552D0 (resized).jpegD5850D05-23E9-4E78-809B-B5DC748552D0 (resized).jpeg
    #9375 1 year ago

Only bit of that i'd eat would be the beetroot (assuming pickled not raw) and the rice (not raw).

#9376 1 year ago

Pickled beatroot is awesome.

#9377 1 year ago

Whenever I whip up a plate of nachos I hum Macho Man by the village people

20221025_183132.jpg20221025_183132.jpg
    #9378 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I hum Macho Man by the village people

I think you mean Nacho Man...

nachonachoman_thumb-3510080630 (resized).pngnachonachoman_thumb-3510080630 (resized).png
    #9379 1 year ago

I confess I have a little overspray that got on my phone screen from spray painting cabinets this weekend but I’m letting it wear off naturally the paint reminds me of the restoration process and it makes me smile.

#9380 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I have a little overspray that got on my phone screen from spray painting cabinets this weekend but I’m letting it wear off naturally the paint reminds me of the restoration process and it makes me smile.

Wipe it with Simple Green. It should come off.

#9381 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Wipe it with Simple Green. It should come off.

Hell no it’s staying on as long as it wants to. I could take it off with my fingernail if I needed to

#9382 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Hell no it’s staying on as long as it wants to. I could take it off with my fingernail if I needed to

Badge of honor or poor painting technique. You choose.

#9383 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Only bit of that i'd eat would be the beetroot (assuming pickled not raw) and the rice (not raw).

Confess I would not eat any of it.

I finally have my diverticulitis under control, and no way would I take a chance trying anything different.

#9384 1 year ago

Confess I would not eat any of it.
    I finally have my diverticulitis under control, and no way would I take a chance trying anything different.

What did you have to change in your diet?

#9385 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

What did you have to change in your diet?

No corn, Cole slaw, salad, nuts, seeds, and basically anything else that had any seeds in it.

Had to also slow down on red meat.

I used to love popcorn and cracker jacks, but I would not even try that now.

Have to be very careful when doing take-out. Arby's has seeds in some of their buns and have to specify buns with no seeds.

The final thing was vitamins and pills. Gummies for vitamins now, and any other pill I have to grind into powder.

Beer aggravates it a tad, but not stopping that.

I wish I could eat cashews and almonds again, and some peanut M&M's, I used to keep a 48-count box of those on hand.

#9386 1 year ago

No corn, Cole slaw, salad, nuts, seeds, and basically anything else that had any seeds in it.
    Had to also slow down on red meat.
    I used to love popcorn and cracker jacks, but I would not even try that now.
    Have to be very careful when doing take-out. Arby's has seeds in some of their buns and have to specify buns with no seeds.
    The final thing was vitamins and pills. Gummies for vitamins now, and any other pill I have to grind into powder.
    Beer aggravates it a tad, but not stopping that.
    I wish I could eat cashews and almonds again, and some peanut M&M's, I used to keep a 48-count box of those on hand.

Interesting. Seeds. Besides the red meat, I could give that all up no problem. Corn would be the hardest because so many things have corn syrup.

#9387 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Interesting. Seeds. Besides the red meat, I could give that all up no problem. Corn would be the hardest because so many things have corn syrup.

Things like nuts and seeds, and corn, do not digest well, and that is what causes the problems.

I do not think corn syrup has anything to do with it.

Liquids do not matter, except for things like alcohol, that can mess your stomach up a little anyway.

#9388 1 year ago

Confess I think the used pinball market is looking like the used housing market now.

Both are still overpriced in my opinion, and not selling as fast as they did for a while.

#9389 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Confess that kind of reminds me about an ex-girlfriend.

She loved to joke about painting toenails, when any guy had too much to drink, and went to sleep before she did, and one time that happened to me, and I smiled for a long time, and the paint wore off about the same time as me wanting to be with her anyway.

She was awesome in ways, and if she had of lived-in walking distance like my girlfriend now, we may have still been together.

Except for her snoring, hell no!

Other than the snoring, and living too far away, she was awesome! She even got good at driving the boat, so I could relax and drink.

I really think my current girlfriend could drive the boat just fine, but she plays dumb, so she can drink. (She does not drink much, except for Saturday nights she cuts loose, and that is fine).

#9390 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

makes me smile.

Confess someone would probably do ok if they started a new thread about what makes you smile. (In general, not EJS specific).

Anyway, even though I have not been on my boat in over a year now, I still smile when I see it, and I know someday I will be out on it again.

Some of the best boat trips ever, was when someone cancelled, and I said screw it, I planned to be on the lake today, and I am going alone.

Night fishing alone was almost more fun than night fishing with someone, because kind of scary on the water at night, not knowing if something could happen, that would prevent me from being able to have some beer soon.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #9391 1 year ago

I confess every time I see the side of that boat the first thing I see is “Cohiba”

#9392 1 year ago

Except for her snoring, hell no!

That’s a deal breaker for me. The end result is I sleep like crap and I’m really crabby the next day.

#9393 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:That’s a deal breaker for me. The end result is I sleep like crap and I’m really crabby the next day.

Sleep in separate rooms.

Simple thing and they grow to love having their own little nest.

#9394 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Sleep in separate rooms.
    Simple thing and they grow to love having their own little nest.

How about separate buildings

#9395 1 year ago

Confess it took me two cups of coffee this morning to realize that my sugar pill dispenser was out of pills.

DumbFuckPunkin

#9396 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

How about separate buildings

That will work too, but it puts a damper on the love life.

And the companionship that would be the entire reason for me.

#9397 1 year ago

Thought of a story for JohnnyPinball007

Many, many years ago a friend and I stopped at a restaurant. There was a very long line of people waiting for tables. Place was busy. Servers running all over. And at least a couple hostesses running around.

People at the rear of the line told us to go up to the hostess podium and get our names on the list. Before more people come in. They were expecting a two hour wait for a table.

So I mosey up front to the hostess' podium. And no one was there. I saw the waiting list, and a pen sitting there. People said to just write my name down and go back to the end of the line.

So I wrote my name down and walked back.

A hostess came up. Checked the list. Called my name and said table for two. Please follow me.

So we walked by all the stunned people. Apparently no one else thought of putting their name at the top of the list.

LTG : )

#9398 1 year ago

I have too much respect for other people to do something like that.

It would get you punched out here in any case.

#9399 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I have too much respect for other people to do something like that.

I was young and dumb then.

Wouldn't dream of doing it now.

LTG : )

#9400 1 year ago

Yeah, i've done some ignorant things when younger. Sometimes with the sole purpose of provoking people.

There are 12,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/188?hl=ryguy80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.