Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,091 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 119 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8D6949E7-7568-466B-ABAC-4333D836C615 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20221002_070355.jpg
    IMG_20221001_185606547 (resized).jpg
    465DCB4E-BB0B-473C-B652-80AA067A47B3 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    126D00EA-8CDE-4C8E-B6B9-62C8864129A0 (resized).png
    7BCDC571-1329-4D59-BCDC-1FC4906014CB (resized).png
    3AFEE21B-463A-434B-8ADE-4F8D26CEAA15 (resized).png
    609missabe (resized).jpg
    DSC00676 (resized).JPG
    530600_4342313208394_264849761_n (resized).jpg
    3E2E9FFB-7EFF-4E71-865F-4E10983046F6 (resized).jpeg
    AE577A3D-6670-46CE-BD22-C23EA352EEE8 (resized).jpeg

There are 9,091 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 182.
    #9001 16 days ago

My Quick Draw is a hot mess right now, but it’s beautiful with the Wade Krause playfield. I dropped a screwdriver on the AX relay, and no matter what I do I can’t get it to stay reset. Confess I might have to set this aside for a few weeks for my own sanity.

This is my second EM playfield swap - the other was Centigrade 37. I’ve got that one in storage until I can repaint the cab. I’m keeping this one original, though.

52A450EB-2D82-45E1-9A7F-7B520C43B397 (resized).jpeg85C42C9A-532C-495E-A445-6375B6EF0197 (resized).jpeg11E69D10-07E2-4135-81CB-05DFCCCC943B (resized).jpeg8FB8B325-54DB-4EFE-A26E-E020996733AA (resized).jpeg

#9002 16 days ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I keep hearing about Piggly Wiggly in movies! I thought it was a fictional place! I just searched the internet and ITS REAL!

I think not too long ago I seen a Piggly Wiggly while passing through a small town.

Confess I still remember cigarette butts all over the floors in grocery stores.

#9003 16 days ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I think not too long ago I seen a Piggly Wiggly while passing through a small town.

We still have a few Pigs around here. Smaller, kinda old school supermarkets. Usually with really good meat and produce departments. And Food Club is a pretty damn good store brand.

I worked at one... oh Jesus... 30+ years ago between high school and radio. Grocery was already a crowded, cut throat field even then, but the death blow to a lot of the smaller operators were the mega-warehouse-you-need-a-fucking-car-to-get-around stores that predated the Wal Marts of the world, at least here. We had a few local chains that got killed off in the '90's (Sentry and Kohl's - which was the same company that started Kohl's Department Stores, but they spun off the dept. stores long before the grocery stores went tits up) by a bigger local chain, Pick & Save, which is now owned by Kroger.

At the Pig I worked at, we had an actual Muzak system. When it was slow where we could hear it we'd play "Name that Muzak." Nothing like hearing Led Zeppelin played with sappy strings.

#9004 16 days ago

My favorite memory of Piggly Wiggly (besides the EM pinball machine near the door) was the security guard sitting with a shotgun in his booth about 6 feet over everyone’s heads, where he could see everything.

#9005 16 days ago

Hilton Head Island has one

#9006 16 days ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Hilton Head Island has one

Myrtle Beach too!

#9007 13 days ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Myrtle Beach too!

I’m ready to go back to pawleys island. No wiggly but they have a player1up.

#9008 13 days ago

I didn't find out until too late, but the Hilton Head Island Piggly Wiggly gets fresh shrimp straight off the dock before the fisherman go full wholesale. Our guide when we went crabbing mentioned that after I already a bunch from the grocery store closest to the place we were staying. Forget what that store was, but they were also in Fort Meyers.

#9009 13 days ago

Confess that any time I let a fart out on front of my wife, I know I’ve negated one “honey do”. But I spent the whole damned weekend trimming and bagging the hedges and trees, so I think that has to be worth at least 8 farts. I don’t think marriage counselors are familiar with this math yet, but it could prevent a lot of divorces.

#9010 13 days ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Confess that any time I let a fart out on front of my wife, I know I’ve negated one “honey do”. But I spent the whole damned weekend trimming and bagging the hedges and trees, so I think that has to be worth at least 8 farts. I don’t think marriage counselors are familiar with this math yet, but it could prevent a lot of divorces.

My girlfriend farts a whole lot more than I do, very loud, and I think it is very funny.

Confess I am just glad there has never been any odor, or would not be as funny.

Confess I am the silent and deadly type.

#9011 13 days ago

This is brutal. I’m sitting around waiting to get into a room in 20 more minutes hoping nothing else comes in.

If not:

AD8C0D0E-5505-4406-8732-65AA27844664 (resized).png
    #9012 12 days ago

I have a Lloyd-style story for today, with a happy ending.

I went into the office today (rarely do), and I was emailing with a woman named Iesha about a problem with a customer identity. After looking at my Okta logs for a while, I sent her an explanation of what was happening and suddenly I hear from 4 feet away: “Well Mr. John, at least you did some research this time!” She had no idea I was sitting on the other side of the partition between us. I went over and introduced myself, and we had a laugh and got to be friends. I also got to understand what what she meant about Friday when I apparently didn’t do my research.

#9013 12 days ago

Pinball show on the weeknd, 4 of us standing round yacking when one of the organisers comes up.

I say mate, can you do something about that two foot of toilet paper stuck to your shoe that you've been tracking round for 10 mins?

Looks me in the eye and say's 'haha very funny' and walks off trailing the paper.

DownsideToBeingAStirrerISposePunkin

#9014 12 days ago

Any chance he did that as a gag to see if people would tell him about the toilet paper?
    If not I bet later on he would have had an "ah ha" moment (or would that be an "uh oh" moment?).

Reminds me of the old vaudeville gag. One guy walks next to another with a banana in his ear.
    "Hey mister, sorry to bother you but did you know you have a banana in your ear?"
    "Sorry, I can't hear you very well, I have a banana in one of my ears."

Quoted from punkin:

Pinball show on the weeknd, 4 of us standing round yacking when one of the organisers comes up.
    I say mate, can you do something about that two foot of toilet paper stuck to your shoe that you've been tracking round for 10 mins?
    Looks me in the eye and say's 'haha very funny' and walks off trailing the paper.
    DownsideToBeingAStirrerISposePunkin

#9015 12 days ago

Confess I can't eat sunflower seeds properly. I don't know how people throw in a mouth full, and crack one at a time, then spit out the shell.

#9016 12 days ago

I’ve tried! I’m like you! My step son does it all the damn time.

Quoted from jesperpark:Confess I can't eat sunflower seeds properly. I don't know how people throw in a mouth full, and crack one at a time, then spit out the shell.

#9017 12 days ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I’ve tried! I’m like you! My step son does it all the damn time.

I can unload a full handful in and just crack away. It's the only way! ha!

#9018 11 days ago

I’ve never tried anything with sunflower seeds

#9019 11 days ago

A Grand Lizard followed me home the other day.

It confirmed for me that i am way too unco to use a magna save button.

#9020 11 days ago

Confess that I’m happy I took the time to strip down this relay board and sand off all the dirt and grime. I gave it a few coats of polyurethane, and all the screws are in the metal tumbler. It’s going to be one of the cleanest Quick Draws around.

I still need to reprint the relay labels and laminate them. I tried cleaning the old ones but the dirt is ground in pretty bad.

3E2E9FFB-7EFF-4E71-865F-4E10983046F6 (resized).jpegAE577A3D-6670-46CE-BD22-C23EA352EEE8 (resized).jpeg

#9021 10 days ago

Ever have one of those great day to be alive days ? Well I'm having one now.

Back in the 1960's at an antique store in Duluth, MN I bought a railroad steam engine headlight that came off of the engine pictured.

Every picture of this class of steam engine has the huge Missabe wing herald on the tender. Many years ago I found a picture of the same engine with a small round herald and side rods on the tender booster truck. And later lost track of the picture.

I've searched for many years for any picture of the engines of that particular class with the small round herald on the tender. I posted on many forums and historical websites. No luck. Some people even questioned if it really existed like I recalled. If I hadn't seen the picture, I wouldn't believe it either.

Well today on facebook on a Missabe page a man responded to my request with a picture of what I was seeking. Even the same engine that my headlight came off of, #609.

What a great day !
    LTG : )

530600_4342313208394_264849761_n (resized).jpg
    #9022 10 days ago

That's awesome.

#9023 9 days ago

Confess there is not a thing in the world like a 500m game on Deadpool to make a mug feel like a pinball king.

Not my best by any means, but so deeply satisfying.

#9024 9 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess there is not a thing in the world like a 500m game on Deadpool to make a mug feel like a pinball king.
    Not my best by any means, but so deeply satisfying.

I missed out on getting that game when first released. Someday I'll have one

#9025 9 days ago

I'm out on the patio reading Elvira's autobiography right now. Not bad

#9026 9 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Ever have one of those great day to be alive days ? Well I'm having one now.
    Back in the 1960's at an antique store in Duluth, MN I bought a railroad steam engine headlight that came off of the engine pictured.
    Every picture of this class of steam engine has the huge Missabe wing herald on the tender. Many years ago I found a picture of the same engine with a small round herald and side rods on the tender booster truck. And later lost track of the picture.
    I've searched for many years for any picture of the engines of that particular class with the small round herald on the tender. I posted on many forums and historical websites. No luck. Some people even questioned if it really existed like I recalled. If I hadn't seen the picture, I wouldn't believe it either.
    Well today on facebook on a Missabe page a man responded to my request with a picture of what I was seeking. Even the same engine that my headlight came off of, #609.
    What a great day !
    LTG : )[quoted image]

Confess I was thinking that you would end the story with how you just sold that headlight for 5 million.

All good, I am very glad that everything worked out so awesome!

At times in the past, I have also had the satisfaction of being able to prove that I knew what I was talking about, and that feeling is PRICELESS!

But still, I had really hoped that you just had been paid 5 million dollars, you deserve it, a whole hell of a lot more than many others, myself included.

#9027 9 days ago

Confess I was thinking that you would end the story with how you just sold that headlight for 5 million.

No. Not going to sell it. And not worth anywhere near that.

Here are two pictures of HO Scale models of the engine. Grey boiler one was painted by me in the early 1980's.

609missabe (resized).jpgDSC00676 (resized).JPG
    #9028 7 days ago

I confess I still miss the days when they made a pinball and they just made the title and you bought it.

The questions were never asked, are you getting a pro, premium, LE, SE, super duper LE.

They just asked if you were getting one or not.

CGC proves people still feel this way be remaking games from that era. Great they are enhancing some of the features but the playfields for MM, AFM etc are still true to the originals. Even with TAF and TAF gold. Yes some extra fixins but it's still plays the same. Outside of that they just kept making games. Course they didn't have the collectors like they do now.

#9029 7 days ago

I confess someone I know ,knows this crew

126D00EA-8CDE-4C8E-B6B9-62C8864129A0 (resized).png3AFEE21B-463A-434B-8ADE-4F8D26CEAA15 (resized).png7BCDC571-1329-4D59-BCDC-1FC4906014CB (resized).png
    #9030 7 days ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

I confess someone I know ,knows this crew
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oof.

Gotta let the game go sometimes. I had to do this with a BBH at the edge of a lift gate. Bad conditions slippery with morning frost.

You can easily hurt yourself more by trying to save the game.

#9031 7 days ago

Oof, got to take or lower the backbox. Too top heavy otherwise. Only moved one game one with backbox on and that was a 1947 United Mexico

#9032 7 days ago

Hope all ended well

#9033 7 days ago
    Quoted from EJS:

You can easily hurt yourself more by trying to save the game.

I did that with a Judge Dredd. Slipped of the truck and I caught it. Really F'd up my left arm/shoulder for about a year.

#9034 7 days ago
    Quoted from EJS:

CGC proves people still feel this way be remaking games from that era. Great they are enhancing some of the features but the playfields for MM, AFM etc are still true to the originals. .

Hell yeah brother! I love that Stern is doing James Bond, and I’d be all over that if I hadn’t been burned so bad on my Rush Premium. I’m a huge Stern fan (check my collection) but if they don’t get it together on their playfields I will sadly step aside and wait for a used game.

#9035 7 days ago

Flip flops and work gloves for the win!

#9036 7 days ago

I confess I paid a dollar to play Thunderbirds a few weeks back. I had to try it to see what all the fuss was about.

#9037 7 days ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Hell yeah brother! I love that Stern is doing James Bond, and I’d be all over that if I hadn’t been burned so bad on my Rush Premium. I’m a huge Stern fan (check my collection) but if they don’t get it together on their playfields I will sadly step aside and wait for a used game.

I have node board anxiety, plus I like restoring older stuff more than anything related to pinball.

I'm a fan of the franchise and a couple of my friends have Bond on order so I'm excited to play one soon....but couldn't get the least interested in the hype threads.

I don't get excited about new stuff like I used to. Been there done that I guess.

#9038 7 days ago
    Quoted from TAVsPlace:

I confess I paid a dollar to play Thunderbirds a few weeks back. I had to try it to see what all the fuss was about.

I played a Thunderbirds once, and i played Spinal Tap last weekend.

#9039 7 days ago

Thoughts

#9040 7 days ago

I confess that the wife and I ordered a couple of Stern t-shirts because we liked the designs, even though we don't own a single Stern machine.

#9041 7 days ago

I've got a couple for JohnnyPinball007

In the early 1980's at my old distributor were two friends. Whose offices had windows so if you were inside the building you could see if they were in or not.

So if they weren't in their office. I'd stop by and kiss the glass in the same spot on both sides. Then go grab a coffee and sit elsewhere and watch the fun. They'd come back and see the smudge and go to clean the glass. Usually took a few minutes before they realized it was on both sides, no matter how hard they cleaned one side.

One of them and their son collected baseball cards. He was so proud he got a case of wax packs with the Billy Ripkin F'Face card in multiples in the wax packs. He stored them in the computer room at the distributor. He said it was the most secure place in the building.

So one day I go in and see him sitting in his office. I go back to the computer room. Inside a raised false floor, main frames, and a lot of people.

I walk in. Look around. Find the huge case of baseball cards. Pick it up and walk out. Now if this most secure room in the building. No one challenged me. ( a policy that changed big time after I got everybody in trouble ). I walked out and made it a point to walk by his office carrying his case of baseball cards.

He was on the phone and smiled as I went by. It took him a few minutes to realize what the heck was going on. I made it to the door of the building to leave before he caught me. I gave it back to him. So he could lug it back to the computer room.

I miss the good old days.

#9042 7 days ago

I confess my pinball obsession really comes and goes in waves. I can be totally into it, playing all the time, thinking about it all the time, wanting something new to ne non-stop, then in like a day or two, I give no fucks about it for a while.

#9043 7 days ago

I thought the fever had left me, but Grand Lizard followed me home last week. The NBA Fastbreak i have agreed to buy is getting the resto treatment as we speak, Haggis Fathom should go on the line soon and i have my eye out for a TNA at the right price.

PinballTragicPunkin

#9044 7 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I thought the fever had left me, but Grand Lizard followed me home last week. The NBA Fastbreak i have agreed to buy is getting the resto treatment as we speak, Haggis Fathom should go on the line soon and i have my eye out for a TNA at the right price.
    PinballTragicPunkin

LOL< also, don't get me wrong. Damn, I just remembered i'm picking up a Classic Stern on Wednesday, LMAO

#9045 7 days ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

LOL< also, don't get me wrong. Damn, I just remembered i'm picking up a Classic Stern on Wednesday, LMAO

Which one? Played a Viper on the weekend.

#9046 7 days ago

Magic

It was an older kind of restore I guess from a well known pinball guy around here. Should be a blast
    Just look at the artwork on that sweet bastard

#9047 7 days ago

Shit yeah!

Art and sounds were what let me know i had to have Grand Lizard. That 80's art is where my tattoos happened. Think i even have a norse barbarian like Magic's one on the back of my arm.

#9048 7 days ago

I confess I milked my leg for Chinese food. Could hardly walk.

#9049 6 days ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I confess I milked my leg for Chinese food. Could hardly walk.

Confess that I don’t know what this means, but it sounds dirty.

#9050 6 days ago

Confess that I’m an idiot. I only drink beer and wine (mostly beer), and we were out of both. So I found a nearly full bottle of Pernod in our bar and went to town on it. I was sick as a dog, and I missed work this morning. No liquor for Swampfire!

There are 9,091 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 182.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!