Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,563 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by ReadyPO
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R0010429 (resized).jpg
    R0010431 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 252.
    #8651 1 year ago

We had a Garage/Yard Sale yesterday
    and made over $800.
    Now that is not to say
    that we probably spent well over $1000
    over the past 5, 10, 20 or 30 yrs
    acquiring the stuff.
    So as far as the IRS knows we are in the hole for over $200.

The best part of the sale is that we got a lot of room back in the garage and
    even more in our storage unit.

#8652 1 year ago

Todays morning mystery.

Bought 2 packs of 6 each crumpets for the week on Saturday. Got up this morning and there are 11 crumpets here, a six pack and and opened one with 5 in it.

Yesterday was pinball comp and there were 12 suspects here (including myself), who had the opportunity to eat, or otherwise dispose of, one crumpet.

Firstly, i am fairly solid on ruling myself out last night with dinner, as who the fuck bothers cooking one crumpet?

Of the other eleven, two were kids, so they go at the forefront. One of the adults i think of as a grown up ten year old, so i'll throw him in with the kids.

The kids would have needed an accomplice as i can't see a six year old helping themselves to someone else's fridge. In any case, i can't see anyone operating the overhead grill to cook one crumpet during comp, so it's a rare, raw crumpet eater we're sleuthing.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8653 1 year ago

HandClap by Fitz and the Tantrums is my current favorite song. Damn is it catchy.

I hate waking up with a song in my head at 3am and you can't shake it to go back to sleep.

#8654 1 year ago

I confess that my best scoring games mostly come before I understand the code .Then comes a long ass window of suck ,but I’m starting to piece this puzzle together .Stay Tuned

#8655 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

HandClap by Fitz and the Tantrums is my current favorite song.

I will give it a try next time I go to YouTube.

I always really loved the song Money Grabber by them.

#8656 1 year ago

Confess, I was big wrestling fan growing up. Born 70s, child of the 80s. WWF launched at the perfect time. The WWE Rivals show on A&E is really well done. Just watched the Brett Hart/Shawn Michaels episode and watching the Rock/Stone cold episode currently.

Is there a more iconic sound then the sound of breaking glass when stone cold came out to the ring?

#8657 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Confess, I was big wrestling fan growing up. Born 70s, child of the 80s. WWF launched at the perfect time. The WWE Rivals show on A&E is really well done. Just watched the Brett Hart/Shawn Michaels episode and watching the Rock/Stone cold episode currently.
    Is there a more iconic sound then the sound of breaking glass when stone cold came out to the ring?

Like you Dirk, I was at the same age for all that shit. My brother had the hulkster growth chart on the wall, and Saturday nights main event were a must watch. I still have some of the old wrestling cards from back in the day..Brutus the barber, Greg ‘the hammer’, JYD..jimmy ‘super fly’ Snuka..man those were fun times..

#8658 1 year ago

When my wife bought me tickets for Smackdown in Edmonton and Ozzfest in Vancouver for my birthday, I knew she was a keeper

#8659 1 year ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

Like you Dirk, I was at the same age for all that shit. My brother had the hulkster growth chart on the wall, and Saturday nights main event were a must watch. I still have some of the old wrestling cards from back in the day..Brutus the barber, Greg ‘the hammer’, JYD..jimmy ‘super fly’ Snuka..man those were fun times..

Yeah man. We used to go to Stampede Wrestling at the Agricom every month in Edmonton when I moved there in 87. Saw lots of AWA and NWA matches as well. The next door neighbors dad was a concert promoter so we got tickets to anything that came thru town in the late 80s. Saturday Night's Main Event was awesome. We could stay up late to watch wrestling

#8660 1 year ago

I’ve never seen one of these. I’ve seen plenty of Slingshots, but this is next-level and very classy.

292F7F82-CF5F-493C-9D75-DE3EE3534A00 (resized).jpeg292F7F82-CF5F-493C-9D75-DE3EE3534A00 (resized).jpegC10EA615-A164-447D-AA65-4893D6D3B9E9 (resized).jpegC10EA615-A164-447D-AA65-4893D6D3B9E9 (resized).jpeg
    #8661 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

HandClap by Fitz and the Tantrums is my current favorite song. Damn is it catchy.
    I hate waking up with a song in my head at 3am and you can't shake it to go back to sleep.

I gave it a try, it was ok. I like Money Grabber a lot better.

As far as the 3am thing, maybe drink more beer, I may wake up at 3am and need to take a leak, but I never have and songs running through my head.

#8662 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I’ve never seen one of these. I’ve seen plenty of Slingshots, but this is next-level and very classy.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

That is super cool looking, but if a helmet is required then I have to pass.

#8663 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

I confess that my best scoring games mostly come before I understand the code .Then comes a long ass window of suck ,but I’m starting to piece this puzzle together .Stay Tuned

Not sure if the same thing but confess I do seem to get higher scores when I have no clue what I am actually supposed to be doing.

#8664 1 year ago

One more wrestling confession. I wish i would have pursued a career in wrestling having a in with the Hart family but knew I wasn't tough enough. Stu would have made me cry. Lol. My friends in high school said I should take steroids and hgh to maximize my potential but I was too much of a pothead to care. Being 6'3 and over 200 lbs without working out, I think I could have had a Goldberg/Austin physique with dedication.

#8665 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

So as far as the IRS knows we are in the hole for over $200.

Save your receipts!

Confess I get tired of all the different taxes. Property tax is the worst. Retired people living on SS are getting hit hard now, even with the age exemption.

#8666 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Being 6'3 and over 200 lbs without working out

Confess I will always try to be super nice to you. I am 5'7 and 152 lbs, so you could just about squash me like a bug.

#8667 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That is a Morgan 3 Wheeler

#8668 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Confess I will always try to be super nice to you. I am 5'7 and 152 lbs, so you could just about squash me like a bug.

Lol. Love you johnny. I'm a lover more then a fighter.

Unless someone abuses kids or women, I can get down with them.

My dad's a little guy guy. Well short. Only 5'7 or 5'8. That's why I have small hands and only a size 13 shoe. You know what they say about small hands?

#8669 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

only a size 13 shoe.

Confess for about 30 years I wore a size 11, until one time a pair I wanted was out in size 11, and only a 10.5 wide available, and they fit so much better, and have been wearing 10.5 wide for the last 15 years now.

#8670 1 year ago

I confess I have been making more posts here tonight, but shorter ones, because I was just given a heads up that you get an award at 1000, and I am close to that here.

#8671 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Lol. Love you johnny. I'm a lover more then a fighter.

Unless someone abuses kids or women, I can get down with them.

Same here. I have not been in a fight since elementary school, but if I seen a woman or child in trouble I would fight to help them.

#8672 1 year ago

I confess last night I went to the Stern website to look at the difference between a Godzilla pro and premium, and I am so glad I went with a premium, just the pinballs coming off the roof of the building all at once is worth the difference in cost, and several other great features are also on the premium.

#8673 1 year ago

I confess it is kind of crazy when I think about it, but almost 1/5 posts I have ever made was in this thread.

And most were a whole lot longer than the last few I have made here.

#8674 1 year ago

And here it is! This is post #1000 for me in this thread!

Confess I had never even thought about any of that, until EJS was talking about it, and then I looked at my post count and different threads.

Goodnight!

I hope all of you have a GREAT WEEK!

#8675 1 year ago

And here it is! This is post #1000 for me in this thread!
    Confess I had never even thought about any of that, until EJS was talking about it, and then I looked at my post count and different threads.
    Goodnight!
    I hope all of you have a GREAT WEEK!

Congratulations on the 1000

#8676 1 year ago

I had an Aerosmith machine for a year or more and one of my fav songs on it was dude Looks Like A Lady.

Was just on spotify then and i went back to singing the words as i'd misheard them as a child, Do The Funky Lady.

I had to look on my phone to see what the real title of the song was.....

Confess i'd ask how the fuck you can know how many posts you have in a thread, but i won't in case someone actually tells me (and i reckon i could figure it out if i went to the trouble).

#8677 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess i'd ask how the fuck you can know how many posts you have in a thread,

It shows you on the first page of each thread. Near the top, before post #1.

#8678 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I had an Aerosmith machine for a year or more and one of my fav songs on it was dude Looks Like A Lady.
    Was just on spotify then and i went back to singing the words as i'd misheard them as a child, Do The Funky Lady.
    I had to look on my phone to see what the real title of the song was.....
    Confess i'd ask how the fuck you can know how many posts you have in a thread, but i won't in case someone actually tells me (and i reckon i could figure it out if i went to the trouble).

You made 1,033.

Click on the little silhouette just to the left of the upvote logo on the right. It only shows the posts of one single person in the entire thread

#8679 1 year ago

It shows you on the first page of each thread. Near the top, before post #1.

Looks like 1,033 for the punkin

#8680 1 year ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

You made 1,033.
    Click on the little silhouette just to the left of the upvote logo on the right. It only shows the posts of one single person in the entire thread

Luckily i didn't understand a word of that and i'm no closer to figuring it out.

Just ordered this years new Brooks. For someone who dodged shoes any chance i got and bought cheap shoes the rest of the time, i'm now wearing trainers12 hours a day, wearing out a pair a year and it works out i spend $20 a month on shoes.

If i told my ex that she'd laugh her arse off.

#8681 1 year ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

You made 1,033.

Damn you beat me by a minute

#8682 1 year ago

Trekkie's post in his thread about throwing the idiots card in the trash reminded me of something.

In the early 1980's we were golfing at a semi private course. Had members, and let the public play there too. At that time I found that many courses like that needed the money but treated non members like crap.

About the 11th hole the course pro came up and started in on us, for holding up the groups behind us, and that we wouldn't let them play through, etc. etc. We explained to him it was the group in front of us that was the problem. He didn't believe us. I told him to check the starters sheet, they were in front of us the whole time and no groups were in front of them. He wouldn't listen.

We finished the round and a friend and I approached the pro again. He started in again so we left. The reason we tried to talk to him was because it was a nice course and we were thinking of joining.

Now an organization I belonged to had a huge golf outing each year. Rent out the course and restaurant, bring in extra golf carts. Big tournament and big banquet after. It was a huge money making deal for the course selected that year.

So many of the courses submitted a package to the organization of what they had, and could all provide, estimate of cost, etc. etc.

Now in my suburb was a man with an identical name, and he was head of that organization that year. So proposals would be mailed to him.

This golf course got the wrong person and sent it to me.

Now normally I would get it to the right person. But being their course pro jumped us for no reason, other than members wanted our money but not us golfing there. I thought they didn't need this financial windfall. I tossed it in the garbage.

LTG : )

#8683 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Luckily i didn't understand a word of that and i'm no closer to figuring it out.
    Just ordered this years new Brooks. For someone who dodged shoes any chance i got and bought cheap shoes the rest of the time, i'm now wearing trainers12 hours a day, wearing out a pair a year and it works out i spend $20 a month on shoes.
    If i told my ex that she'd laugh her arse off.

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg
    #8684 1 year ago

I never knew that.

It seems to only work if the person has made a whole lot of posts.

I clicked on yours and it does not give a count.

It did for LTG and punkin though.

If all else fails, just look at page 1.

#8685 1 year ago

All i got was "image fail e578"

LuckyIDon'tCarePunkin

#8686 1 year ago

I confess it’s actually entertaining to see how punkin signs his posts at times.

#8687 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Now in my suburb was a man with an identical name, and he was head of that organization that year. So proposals would be mailed to him.

This golf course got the wrong person and sent it to me.

Reminded me about this:

My mailbox number, and one up the street is very close.

I knew the person up the street was a crook; I had heard plenty about him.

(I think he did make the news and ended up in jail actually for a Ponzi scheme he had going on), but that was later.

Anyway, who knows if the mail carrier did it on purpose or not, the carrier knew me, not sure if they knew the other guy was a crook, but I used to get all his new packages of checks, and other things needed for his business, and I burned all that.

Confess now that I am older and wiser, and I can reflect on all that, now I wish instead of burning all that stuff, I wish instead I had of dumped it off in the worst area of town, so maybe someone that could have used some extra money could have drained his account before he cost others so much with his scams.

And that is all the details about that I can give here.

#8688 1 year ago

I tested positive for Covid-19 for the first time yesterday. Felt really bad sunday, not so bad yesterday and pretty ok today. I just want to confess that I am however gonna use my possible "free" sickdays to sit around at home, drink beer, read on Pinside and also tomorrow go and repair a game (Pharaoh) at our location.

And I dont even feel the slightest bad about doing it.

#8689 1 year ago

You don't have isolation rules there?

#8690 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

You don't have isolation rules there?

No, not anymore. Havent had since april I think.

#8691 1 year ago

Ok, i'd worry that i may pass it on to someone who has underlying health problems. I stayed home for 7 days till i cleared a test for that reason (plus it's the law).

Figured i could kill someone through not giving a fuck who never asked to be killed.

#8692 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Ok, i'd worry that i may pass it on to someone who has underlying health problems. I stayed home for 7 days till i cleared a test for that reason (plus it's the law).
    Figured i could kill someone through not giving a fuck who never asked to be killed.

Actually, I checked. It was on the 12th of February all isolation rules/law was made obsolete.

#8693 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Quoted from mtn-:

Actually, I checked. It was on the 12th of February all isolation rules/law was made obsolete.

One of my best friends got that stuff a few weeks ago, and he said he was in bad shape for 3 days.

(He is fine now).

I have read stories about all of our rules are going away with the stuff, may already be gone?

My friend told me that now they figure everyone is eventually just going to get it anyway, no matter what.

Confess I will do everything I can not to catch anything.

Since I quit eating out and have avoided crowds, I have not even had a cold in the last 3 years, and I LIKE THAT!

I am recently retired from doing amusement parks also, the rides just started hurting my head worse and worse.

Talking about I could feel my brain hitting my skull on some rides, and that is not pleasant.

At least amusement park stuff was outdoors.

If I dine out at all in the future, it will have to be outdoors.

Confess this lifestyle change for me has been a huge win, I no longer catch any colds and I am saving a lot of money.

#8694 1 year ago

My first bowls lesson this morning, i'm excited.

#8695 1 year ago

Go to your fridge, get out the butter dish and look inside. If there are crumbs there and bits of wiped off butter all over the edges, you, or someone in your household is a mouthbreather.

BowlsIsCoolPunkin

#8696 1 year ago

I confess i don't know what bowl lessons are and the following post confused me even more!

#8697 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I confess i don't know what bowl lessons are and the following post confused me even more!

Google could probs help with that knowledge gap.

But which post is following, yours is the last one? Unless you knew my response would confuse you? In that case, good knewing.

#8698 1 year ago

Confess I have no clue where my iron and solder are at. I have not used that stuff in 30 years.

The older I get the lazier I get as far as pinball repair.

About the biggest repair I do is tightening a loose screw or loose plug anymore.

Confess my TWD has had a bulb out since it was NIB, never worked, probably just loose, and I have never popped the hood to fix it, I know when it is lit, even if it is not lit.

I figured someday if I had the open it up for something else, I would take care of that also.

#8699 1 year ago

My dad has pulmonary cystic fibrosis and it absolutely fucking sucks. He was diagnosed right when covid started. Early 2020. We moved him in May into a retirement home. 3 months later he has taken a huge dive. Just got a bump in his air supply today and it basically did nothing. Now has two machines rigged together as one. If he gets up to do anything he almost immediately has to sit down to rest and huff and puff to get his air supply numbers get back up. It's tearing me up watching one of the strongest men I've ever met, become so frail and weak. He was a black belt judo champion when he was young. I wish I could do something for him besides offer company. I fear he's at the point of giving up. Next step is long term care but he's too stubborn/proud to ever get to that point. I can't imagine my dad ever asking someone to help him to go to the bathroom. He told me today to take his van cause next time he leaves here it will be on a gurney. My wife's optimistic for maybe a couple more months but I see it more as weeks.

DISEASES FUCKING SUCK ASS

#8700 1 year ago

I feel for you and him buddy. But we all knew, nobody get's out alive.

There are 12,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/174 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.