Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,550 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 251.
    #8501 1 year ago

I like to drink about 3 voodoo ranger imperial ipas
    and watch queens live aid YouTube video cranked up
    on my gamerooms quadraphonic sound system!!

Pure bliss!! Long live freddy!

#8502 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I have to be honest. This scares the shit out of me!
    [quoted image]

Title of that news article with that picture could be about a vehicle having bad emissions

#8503 1 year ago

I like playing hot shower roulette.

Get in a warm shower and crank the cold down 1/4 turn at a time listening to the hiss drop an octave each time as the temp slowly rises.

I never know whether it will be just screeching hot or fucking scalding hot.

This is especially fun in systems you don't know well like motel rooms.

GoodtimesPunkin

#8504 1 year ago

That’s some good entertainment right there. I have a water softener so all my water temps sound the same

#8505 1 year ago

I think there was a Simpsons episode where Homer takes a shower and Bart is in the kitchen and blasts hot and cold water to offset homers shower resulting in different screams based on the temperature.

#8506 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I think there was a Simpsons episode where Homer takes a shower and Bart is in the kitchen and blasts hot and cold water to offset homers shower resulting in different screams based on the temperature.

Fuckin stepfather used to do that to us kids. Asshole.

I liked when i had the grandkids in the back of my extra cab ute, squeezed into the bench seat, i could tap the accelerator and make their heads clunk against the back window.

Could get the missus when she was doing lipstick in the car doing the same thing.

#8507 1 year ago
    Quoted from lowbeau67:

I like to drink about 3 voodoo ranger imperial ipas
    and watch queens live aid YouTube video cranked up
    on my gamerooms quadraphonic sound system!!
    Pure bliss!! Long live freddy!

That's my favorite regular beer. My local grocery store is always spotty with it though. Went shapping at Walmart the otherday, which has been about 10 yrs, and saw they have 12 pack cans of it. Hot damn.

#8508 1 year ago

I confess!
    I watch alot of the weather Channel because the meteorologist is a stone cold fox

#8509 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I liked when i had the grandkids in the back of my extra cab ute, squeezed into the bench seat, i could tap the accelerator and make their heads clunk against the back window.

My mom told me my grandfather would hit the brakes, reach over to my grandmother, put his had on her chest and say "take a bow" as she went forward. It was only later as adults they realized he was just copping a feel.

#8510 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I saw candyman tripping on mushrooms in the theater. Not my best experience

I confess my worst drugs and movie experience was taking acid and seeing a double feature of two early David Lynch movies, The Elephant Man and Erasurehead. Those movies fucked me up for days.

#8511 1 year ago

Above but Laser Floyd at the planetarium in Toronto. F me up for the rest of my life!

#8512 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I confess!
    I watch alot of the weather Channel because the meteorologist is a stone cold fox

Prairies in Canada get ready for another punch

#8513 1 year ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

My mom told me my grandfather would hit the brakes, reach over to my grandmother, put his had on her chest and say "take a bow" as she went forward. It was only later as adults they realized he was just copping a feel.

A mate of mine does take a bow. He does it by grabbing a handfull of your balls. Every bloke he does it to bows forwards and steps backwards. Haven't seen one come up swinging yet.

Quoted from nwpinball:

I confess my worst drugs and movie experience was taking acid and seeing a double feature of two early David Lynch movies, The Elephant Man and Erasurehead. Those movies fucked me up for days.

Saw the same double once, can still see that bit in eraser when he's rubbing his eye all the time and it's making that squeak.

#8514 1 year ago

Woke up this morning and the camera was on my desk.

Aaahhh a morning mystery i say's to myself.

Plugged it in and then remembered what i'd been doing before i went to bed. Definitely have to stop having 1.5 brownies and go back to one.

Scechuan Salt fruit ice creams.

DSCF1317[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1317[1] (resized).jpg

TheyWereFuckingGoodTooPunkin

#8515 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Saw the same double once, can still see that bit in eraser when he's rubbing his eye all the time and it's making that squeak.

Awesome you saw the same double feature. We had an old theater here that did 2 cult, underground or rock movies for $5 when I was in college in the late 80s and early 90s. It was a great way to see a bunch of cool, rare and crazy movies on a big screen. They recently redid the old theater and it now has a bar and they do live music and comedy and I've been too a few shows there.

#8516 1 year ago

Sign in it's new home.

LTG : )

newhome (resized).jpgnewhome (resized).jpg
    #8517 1 year ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Awesome you saw the same double feature. We had an old theater here that did 2 cult, underground or rock movies for $5 when I was in college in the late 80s and early 90s. It was a great way to see a bunch of cool, rare and crazy movies on a big screen. They recently redid the old theater and it now has a bar and they do live music and comedy and I've been too a few shows there.

This was a small cinema doing new age films in Sydney. I used to go a lot of that kind of stuff when i was in my late teens/early twenties. Modern Theatre, film festivals, short story film marathons etc.

Definately saw those two films, Eraserhead was definaltely part of a double and i'm 90% sure that was the double.

#8518 1 year ago

Have you seen Dogs in Space? That was one of the Australian films I liked from that era, it starred Michael Hutchence from INXS and had a pretty good soundtrack. Most people don't in the U.S. don't know the movie, but I'd bet it's more common in the country it was filmed and set in.

#8519 1 year ago

doesn't ring a bell.

#8520 1 year ago

Extraordinarily frustrating, yet extraordinarily productive week. Was happy for it to be over, but on the way home felt compelled to flip the bird to someone, which I am not proud of. Havent dont that in years, not because I am "above that", but because I dont want to do it to the wrong person and get myself road rage shot. Was at a 4 way stop where I was turning left, guy across from me who was going straight got to the the sign at least 3 seconds after me, and proceeded to go. Fuck that, I went as well in front of him, was going to leave it at that till he threw his arms in the air as if I was in the wrong. Anyways, didnt feel bad because I think I hurt him in anyway (he can fuck off), but rather because I dont want to be that person now that I am a father.

Life just seems way to short to allow that type of stuff to get to me, because there is too much good to be thankful for. Anyways, wanted to share this mundane event with you fine folks. Now its time to update the new Rick & Morty code, and enjoy that along with my new Rush tonight.

Have a great weekend pinside confessional.

#8521 1 year ago

I spoke a couple of months ago about downsizing my bed from a queen i had when i shared sometimes to a king single.
    The reason was that i have glass french doors right next to my bed and i worried about getting up in the night, still pissed, and falling through them.

I'm just at that time in life when you have to consider falls. I've got through a couple of real doozies relatively unharmed lately, but it's a worry.

Heard yesterday that one of my drinking buddies from the RSL club had a fall and died yesti. Not a real close friend, but sat at the same table and we swapped yarns whenever i was there. my age and all, haven't got the full jist yet, but it makes you realize, it don't take much. We are tough, but have a lot of soft parts.

#8522 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I spoke a couple of months ago about downsizing my bed from a queen

A queen bed is the smallest I can handle, even if I am alone.

Quoted from punkin:

The reason was that i have glass french doors right next to my bed and i worried about getting up in the night, still pissed, and falling through them.

Confess I would just have to move something around.

#8523 1 year ago

This morning I found a beer in the freezer that my girlfriend forgot about last night.

I put it back in the fridge, and it was there all day.

So, a few minutes ago I put it back in the freezer, and I confess that was a mistake.

I cracked that beer at my computer, and could not keep up with all that foam and left a trail all the way outside.

At least the can never exploded. I have had them to do that and make a big mess in the freezer.

#8524 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

This morning I found a beer in the freezer that my girlfriend forgot about last night.
    I put it back in the fridge, and it was there all day.
    So, a few minutes ago I put it back in the freezer, and I confess that was a mistake.
    I cracked that beer at my computer, and could not keep up with all that foam and left a trail all the way outside.
    At least the can never exploded. I have had them to do that and make a big mess in the freezer.

Whenever I wake up and find a frozen beer I use it in the wasp trap. Find the flavor changes when unthawed. Like a stale, day old opened beer.

#8525 1 year ago

I confess. I was about to go play pinball, which I haven't done in a couple weeks, and got distracted on my way to pouring a bourbon and answering where are my charger cords questions from my son. Poured, took pics for the Boob thread, and now back on the couch with computer. WTF happened?

#8526 1 year ago

Confess I drank way too much beer while cleaning the basement for tomorrow night’s pinball league. I may suck at my own games because I’m hungover. Gotta push through it.

#8527 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I confess. I was about to go play pinball, which I haven't done in a couple weeks, and got distracted on my way to pouring a bourbon and answering where are my charger cords questions from my son. Poured, took pics for the Boob thread, and now back on the couch with computer. WTF happened?

Boob thread?

#8528 1 year ago

BB's upvote thread. Come join. Trying to get to 12,000 posts. You got to be a basement dweller though.

#8529 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Confess I drank way too much beer while cleaning the basement for tomorrow night’s pinball league. I may suck at my own games because I’m hungover. Gotta push through it.

Hope you don't get the shits. At least it's your place and you'll be comfortable.

#8530 1 year ago

Confess, I love the Fast and Furious franchise. They're so cheesy but I get hooked whenever they're on. Currently watching Furious 7 which is so over the top cheesy. Probably my least favorite of the series with the cgi Brian doubles besides Tokyo Drift. Actually Don't mind Tokyo Drift but can't stand the lead actor

#8531 1 year ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Trying to get people's attention is scared to be alone. But you are not alone, you have lots of friends here on Pinside.
    It can also mean you are skeptical of dream interpretation and you love sarcasm or at least are very good at it

Ok, if my dreams are really bad, please pm the results to me.

Confess I have several that re-occurs a lot. (In no particular order):

1. With my 5th girlfriend now, and all through the years at times I have dreams about having to introduce the first one to the current one.

2. (Fact): I was robbed one-time late night at Dad's construction company office that I lived at for years. (They stole my wallet out of my truck and had broken into my enclosed utility trailer and was going through my tools. I just happened to wake up, and I had my gun, and I fired a shot to run them off. (Later I found that my wallet was gone, or I would not have been so hasty to run them off).

Also, about that time Dad developed dementia, and he was a handful for years with all the crazy stuff he did.

(Anyway, the dream): I am back in my younger days living at the office, and all of a sudden a vehicle pulls in and I realize that my gun is in my truck and the office door is unlocked. Once I get the courage to try to make it to my truck to get my gun there are people all over the place. It turns out all these people that I do not know are Dad's employees, and their families meeting up after work, and then I see Dad, and I feel bad that I was not a part of that, instead I had taken my own path and was no longer interested in any of that work anyway.

3. Whether at an amusement park, water park, or anywhere, I start finding some coins in the crack of the sidewalk. It starts out as dimes and quarters, and gets better and better and finding $20 gold pieces, and even bags of money. The paper money also always has some weird bills, $240, I know is one of them, I can not remember the rest. Most of the time the money is free and clear, but sometimes I get to have a good nightmare and wake up with gangsters shooting at me.

4. (Fact): As a kid I had a trampoline that was very awesome, and we would get very high in the air.

I dream this a lot: I am on the trampoline getting higher and higher, until I am in the clouds and afraid to come back down. I somehow learn to fly/glide, and it is super awesome! Scary as hell briefly, but turns super awesome.

5. My favorite dream of all time, never had the dream but one time, and it was years before the movie Waterworld ever came out.

The dream: My bedroom window is 12 feet above the ground. which is a fact, well it had rained so much that the water was all the way to my window, and I just dove in and swam underwater forever, and I could breathe like a fish, and it was just super awesome being in the water and never having to come up for air.

6. The opposite of 5. I am in a swimming pool. The pool is very deep. It sucks me in, and I cannot escape, and I drown.

Anyway, it is fiction for me anyway, the old saying that if you die in your sleep, you die for real from a heart attack or whatever.

Kind of the same way I like a lot of different movies, I like all my different dreams also.

Confess I love having nightmares, and jumping out of bed for real trying to escape something in the dream.

Confess I love getting so high in the clouds that it scares the crap out of me.

Confess I love seeing Dad again, whether he is doing great or still messing up. He passed away close to 7 years ago now, but he is still in a whole lot of my dreams.

My best friend that passed away almost 2 years ago is still in my dreams a lot also, and we are still taking road trips.

I dream all kinds of crazy sh*t, and I enjoy all of them.

My girlfriend thinks I am crazy, she says if she dreams anything she does not feel rested the next day.

I am the opposite. If I do not dream anything I wonder if I was even able to get any sleep.

Ah hell, I just remembered the worst of all dreams I used to have, being in school. I hated school, bored the crap out of me. When I was younger I was sick all the time, very sick, throwing up. Back then anytime I would have a dream about school I would literally wake up throwing up.

Luckily now I do not have many dreams about school, and when I do, I no longer wake up throwing up for real, but any dream about being in school still sucks, and just a boring nightmare and nothing at all awesome about those dreams.

Confess I just always wanted to be free to just do some work, make a few bucks, and have a good time, and not be stuck anywhere that I did not want to be, and have to learn something that I care less about, that I know I will never really need in my lifetime, and have to pass some bs test about all that.

I hated English classes, but I won awards and was offered college scholarships, HELL NO!

I always loved math, until I hit Geometry, and I was like hell no, this is getting to be like English now, with having to learn definitions of crap.

Of course, it did not hurt that interest on a savings account was 10% back then, and I wanted to be out of school and working and saving all I could.

I am so glad that when interest went to hell I got into real estate. I would have big time preferred to just keep making the good interest and never had to of put up with some of the tenants and a property manager from hell that I went through, but at least I have something still.

Confess I just was never interested in messing with the stock market. I never trusted all that. I know someone that bought Enron, and I know someone that bought Home Depot, back when they were first offered. The Home Depot stock buyer is still very happy. I never cared to take that gamble.

Confess, I just remembered that I was talking about dreams, and at one time I think I made a thread about dreams, and it never went anywhere, and that is fine with me.

I love and enjoy all my dreams, good or bad, but it is the most boring thing normally when someone wants to tell you about the dream they just had.

I just dream some fun and awesome stuff, and only on beer and nicotine.

I guess if someday my dreams start sucking I will try some mushrooms or something.

If my dreams suck, then I am ready to get up and get going, I am up before the clock goes off, if it is even turned on these days.

If my dreams are awesome, I want to sleep all day and try to get back in that dream.

The main thing is I just always hope the ghost will leave me alone, it woke me up recently poking the hell out of my back.

Ghosts are real, even my girlfriend will tell you that. She did not believe before the ghost here messed with her one time. She thought it was me, and I was not anywhere around.

Pretty sure the ghost here is my granddad. Right before his tragic death he wanted to move here, I was 6 at the time. That is a whole another story and I am on my last beer of the night.

As far as UFO stuff, sometimes I believe, and sometimes I think some stuff I see is just our secret stuff. I have seen some crazy stuff in the sky at times while on a road trip.

I hope all of you have a GREAT WEEKEND!

#8532 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Confess, I love the Fast and Furious franchise. They're so cheesy but I get hooked whenever they're on. Currently watching Furious 7 which is so over the top cheesy. Probably my least favorite of the series with the cgi Brian doubles besides Tokyo Drift. Actually Don't mind Tokyo Drift but can't stand the lead actor

Before the FF franchise became a billion dollar deal, I used to FF was my dirtly little secret favorite movie. TD is great IMO. Once they jumped the shark and after PW death I was not as interested.

#8533 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Ok, if my dreams are really bad, please pm the results to me.
    Confess I have several that re-occurs a lot. (In no particular order):
    1. With my 5th girlfriend now, and all through the years at times I have dreams about having to introduce the first one to the current one.
    2. (Fact): I was robbed one-time late night at Dad's construction company office that I lived at for years. (They stole my wallet out of my truck and had broken into my enclosed utility trailer and was going through my tools. I just happened to wake up, and I had my gun, and I fired a shot to run them off. (Later I found that my wallet was gone, or I would not have been so hasty to run them off).
    Also, about that time Dad developed dementia, and he was a handful for years with all the crazy stuff he did.
    (Anyway, the dream): I am back in my younger days living at the office, and all of a sudden a vehicle pulls in and I realize that my gun is in my truck and the office door is unlocked. Once I get the courage to try to make it to my truck to get my gun there are people all over the place. It turns out all these people that I do not know are Dad's employees, and their families meeting up after work, and then I see Dad, and I feel bad that I was not a part of that, instead I had taken my own path and was no longer interested in any of that work anyway.
    3. Whether at an amusement park, water park, or anywhere, I start finding some coins in the crack of the sidewalk. It starts out as dimes and quarters, and gets better and better and finding $20 gold pieces, and even bags of money. The paper money also always has some weird bills, $240, I know is one of them, I can not remember the rest. Most of the time the money is free and clear, but sometimes I get to have a good nightmare and wake up with gangsters shooting at me.
    4. (Fact): As a kid I had a trampoline that was very awesome, and we would get very high in the air.
    I dream this a lot: I am on the trampoline getting higher and higher, until I am in the clouds and afraid to come back down. I somehow learn to fly/glide, and it is super awesome! Scary as hell briefly, but turns super awesome.
    5. My favorite dream of all time, never had the dream but one time, and it was years before the movie Waterworld ever came out.
    The dream: My bedroom window is 12 feet above the ground. which is a fact, well it had rained so much that the water was all the way to my window, and I just dove in and swam underwater forever, and I could breathe like a fish, and it was just super awesome being in the water and never having to come up for air.
    6. The opposite of 5. I am in a swimming pool. The pool is very deep. It sucks me in, and I cannot escape, and I drown.
    Anyway, it is fiction for me anyway, the old saying that if you die in your sleep, you die for real from a heart attack or whatever.
    Kind of the same way I like a lot of different movies, I like all my different dreams also.
    Confess I love having nightmares, and jumping out of bed for real trying to escape something in the dream.
    Confess I love getting so high in the clouds that it scares the crap out of me.
    Confess I love seeing Dad again, whether he is doing great or still messing up. He passed away close to 7 years ago now, but he is still in a whole lot of my dreams.
    My best friend that passed away almost 2 years ago is still in my dreams a lot also, and we are still taking road trips.
    I dream all kinds of crazy sh*t, and I enjoy all of them.
    My girlfriend thinks I am crazy, she says if she dreams anything she does not feel rested the next day.
    I am the opposite. If I do not dream anything I wonder if I was even able to get any sleep.
    Ah hell, I just remembered the worst of all dreams I used to have, being in school. I hated school, bored the crap out of me. When I was younger I was sick all the time, very sick, throwing up. Back then anytime I would have a dream about school I would literally wake up throwing up.
    Luckily now I do not have many dreams about school, and when I do, I no longer wake up throwing up for real, but any dream about being in school still sucks, and just a boring nightmare and nothing at all awesome about those dreams.
    Confess I just always wanted to be free to just do some work, make a few bucks, and have a good time, and not be stuck anywhere that I did not want to be, and have to learn something that I care less about, that I know I will never really need in my lifetime, and have to pass some bs test about all that.
    I hated English classes, but I won awards and was offered college scholarships, HELL NO!
    I always loved math, until I hit Geometry, and I was like hell no, this is getting to be like English now, with having to learn definitions of crap.
    Of course, it did not hurt that interest on a savings account was 10% back then, and I wanted to be out of school and working and saving all I could.
    I am so glad that when interest went to hell I got into real estate. I would have big time preferred to just keep making the good interest and never had to of put up with some of the tenants and a property manager from hell that I went through, but at least I have something still.
    Confess I just was never interested in messing with the stock market. I never trusted all that. I know someone that bought Enron, and I know someone that bought Home Depot, back when they were first offered. The Home Depot stock buyer is still very happy. I never cared to take that gamble.
    Confess, I just remembered that I was talking about dreams, and at one time I think I made a thread about dreams, and it never went anywhere, and that is fine with me.
    I love and enjoy all my dreams, good or bad, but it is the most boring thing normally when someone wants to tell you about the dream they just had.
    I just dream some fun and awesome stuff, and only on beer and nicotine.
    I guess if someday my dreams start sucking I will try some mushrooms or something.
    If my dreams suck, then I am ready to get up and get going, I am up before the clock goes off, if it is even turned on these days.
    If my dreams are awesome, I want to sleep all day and try to get back in that dream.
    The main thing is I just always hope the ghost will leave me alone, it woke me up recently poking the hell out of my back.
    Ghosts are real, even my girlfriend will tell you that. She did not believe before the ghost here messed with her one time. She thought it was me, and I was not anywhere around.
    Pretty sure the ghost here is my granddad. Right before his tragic death he wanted to move here, I was 6 at the time. That is a whole another story and I am on my last beer of the night.
    As far as UFO stuff, sometimes I believe, and sometimes I think some stuff I see is just our secret stuff. I have seen some crazy stuff in the sky at times while on a road trip.
    I hope all of you have a GREAT WEEKEND!

I can't analyze dreams, but I have one main dream. I'm going back to college ast an adult, skip classes, try to make them up, and then realize I already have my degree, so who cares. It's like I'm afraid I never really finished.

Sort of similar I dream I got back to work at Target (my high school/early college job) and try working years later after not giving my notice. I can remember trying to enter my code in the time clock and not remembering. I end up hanging out in the breakroom.

I sometimes fall and get in weird death situation with cars, but always end up like I'm in the matrix with no scratch.

#8534 1 year ago

OK @johnnypinball007, I am not a dream expert, just pretty good at searching the internet but I will give them a try. FYI Dream interpretation is a little like reading your horoscope, IMO. Nothing unusual that I see in these dreams so I will post here instead of a PM btw.

1. Introducing ex-girlfriend to new girlfriend - past lovers are usually a sign telling you that you should not repeat past relationship mistakes with a new partner; sometimes first girlfriends in dreams sometimes mean regret over lost of first love or wondering how things might have been.
    2. Left gun in truck/left out of Dad's employees get-together. Being unprepared can mean fear of failure or you are just critically examining your performance in daily life; being left out/invisible sometimes means you feel no one notices your work and efforts.
    3. Found Money can mean self-confidence, power and self worth or a sense of wisdom and richness of life's pursuits. Finding money under adverse conditions (such as ganster's shooting at you) probably means an even deeper sense of self-confidence.
    4. and 5. flying, swimming/breathing underwater - same dream, really - either a sense of freedom and independence or a desire to escape from your current situation (I know, complete opposites).
    6. Drowning (dying) is fear of the unknown or anxiety about change, or feelings of being overwhelmed or having no control. People sometimes have this dream after losing someone/something important in your life that you can't get back.

Disclaimer: I am not a professional dream analyzer nor do I play one on T.V. and I did NOT stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

#8535 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I'm going back to college ast an adult, skip classes, try to make them up, and then realize I already have my degree, so who cares. It's like I'm afraid I never really finished.

School dreams are pretty common - as those years are pretty formative for all of us. Dreaming of not completing is different from the not preparing for a test dream. I have had very similar dreams like this myself such as I never completed high school so my college degrees were invalid. Open to interpretation multiple ways including questioning your self worth or maybe paths chosen, but the important part of your dream is you resolve it in the end, meaning whatever problem you were wrestling with in your subconscious has been dealt with.

And since I really did not complete any psychology degrees....

Charlie+Brown+Christmas+Lucy+psych+stand-1488985187 (resized).jpgCharlie+Brown+Christmas+Lucy+psych+stand-1488985187 (resized).jpg
    #8536 1 year ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

Extraordinarily frustrating, yet extraordinarily productive week. Was happy for it to be over, but on the way home felt compelled to flip the bird to someone, which I am not proud of. Havent dont that in years, not because I am "above that", but because I dont want to do it to the wrong person and get myself road rage shot. Was at a 4 way stop where I was turning left, guy across from me who was going straight got to the the sign at least 3 seconds after me, and proceeded to go. Fuck that, I went as well in front of him, was going to leave it at that till he threw his arms in the air as if I was in the wrong. Anyways, didnt feel bad because I think I hurt him in anyway (he can fuck off), but rather because I dont want to be that person now that I am a father.
    Life just seems way to short to allow that type of stuff to get to me, because there is too much good to be thankful for. Anyways, wanted to share this mundane event with you fine folks. Now its time to update the new Rick & Morty code, and enjoy that along with my new Rush tonight.
    Have a great weekend pinside confessional.

Thanks for sharing and yes life is too short and for those of us lucky to have time for pinball we’ve got plenty to be thankful for. I can relate. Lived in NJ my whole life and after commuting 120 miles round trip to work for 15 years I learned a thing or 2 about letting stuff go on the road. Can’t recall where I heard it (maybe some self help book I needed at the time) that said to treat someone cutting you off like you would treat the wind kicking up and blowing by you. You wouldn’t get mad at it. You don’t know where it came from or where its going, so just let it go. Somehow on the roadways of NJ that resonated and helped me with road rage for years. Hope it helps you!
    And I am also going to install that surprise Rick and Morty update!
    Now heading to Maine for a family trip to Acadia! I’m sure the wind may kick up along the way!

#8537 1 year ago

Confess: sometimes when I finally close my browser after hours on Pinside market after imagining making deals for every pin I want anywhere in the country including pins I don’t really want but somehow still imagine having I then immediately reopen the browser and start again.

#8538 1 year ago

Confess: sometimes I tell my wife that a random pinsider initiated a trade conversation through PM that was too good to pass up when really I initiated the trade conversation after promising no more trades for a few months

#8539 1 year ago

Confess: I often want to trade my forever keepers. Is that wrong? (Bear with me folks I just found this thread and have had coffee and little sleep)

#8540 1 year ago
    Quoted from DaddyManD:

Confess: sometimes when I finally close my browser after hours on Pinside market after imagining making deals for every pin I want anywhere in the country including pins I don’t really want but somehow still imagine having I then immediately reopen the browser and start again.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8541 1 year ago

haha thank you for this omg yes

#8542 1 year ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Disclaimer: I am not a professional dream analyzer nor do I play one on T.V. and I did NOT stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Confess you could have fooled me. That was really good. Thanks!

#8543 1 year ago

I confess I wonder if Little Johnny is secretly an author

#8544 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I wonder if Little Johnny is secretly an author

I think he wrote Misery

#8545 1 year ago

I confess. Recently when the Megamillions was up to 1.1 billion. I bought a ticket and won two dollars.

I think I'm going to keep working, though.

#8546 1 year ago

I bought myself a present during the week.

I have two pinball machines coming i hope, Haggis Mermaid and NBA Fastbreak that's being restored, but other than that i have lost the fever that i've had the last couple of years where i was buying one or two new machines a month. Pretty much full here when the other two come and pretty much happy with the lineup i have been thinking more about refining than building my collection.

I have been talking with the guy who created my Sunset Riders about it going back to him so he can do the stuff that wasn't in the budget when the retheme was originally done.

The whole inside cab, the sound system, boards etc....all the stuff you can't see will be done.
    I'm really excited about Scott making one of the most beautiful machines i've ever seen perfect and we agreed on a budget and timeline yesterday.

OverTheMoonPunkin

#8547 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I bought myself a present during the week.
    I have two pinball machines coming i hope, Haggis Mermaid and NBA Fastbreak that's being restored, but other than that i have lost the fever that i've had the last couple of years where i was buying one or two new machines a month. Pretty much full here when the other two come and pretty much happy with the lineup i have been thinking more about refining than building my collection.
    I have been talking with the guy who created my Sunset Riders about it going back to him so he can do the stuff that wasn't in the budget when the retheme was originally done.
    The whole inside cab, the sound system, boards etc....all the stuff you can't see will be done.
    I'm really excited about Scott making one of the most beautiful machines i've ever seen perfect and we agreed on a budget and timeline yesterday.
    OverTheMoonPunkin

I'm a bit smaller of a collector than you, I was buying buying buying anything that even peaked my interest or could get my hands on. I have noe sold many that were not totally in my wheelhouse... I have gone directly to quality over quantity and I am happy about that.
    I have the jitters though when I see a couple of my wishlist games come for sale in western Canada, there's some I love to get.
    My oldest off to University in a couple weeks, pin-funds have dwindled!

#8548 1 year ago

Yeah, there have been a few titles that were on my list come up lately and after chatting and considering i have been backing away instead of pulling the trigger like normal. It's a good thing and i want to just start making what i have better rather than going round and round.

This is a very good upgrade that will have me owning the 'best one in the world' of one of the best looking machines in the ever made.

I'm taking it to Australia's biggest pinball show in Sept, it's going from there to Scott Seedsman's place for the resto then coming home. I'll take it to Pinfest Newcastle again next year to show the community the end result.

I haven't been this excited for a while.

#8549 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I confess. Recently when the Megamillions was up to 1.1 billion. I bought a ticket and won two dollars.
    I think I'm going to keep working, though.

I couldn’t quit my job. Saying goodbye to so many great people would be the hardest part.

#8550 1 year ago

You live in a city, there's thousands of great people around you. Plus you wouldn't be saying goodbye to the ones you are close to, you just wouldn't see them at work anymore.

Retiring was the goal of our working lives, so if you have a chance, slow down some. Work a few hours a day, if you want to, doing something you love.
    I'd think pinball maintenance would fill in all your days anyway, i don't know how you keep up with it.

There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/171 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.