Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,562 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R0010429 (resized).jpg
    R0010431 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 252.
    #801 8 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

59, if I include my online friends (1 eye closed) - you guys count just as much. For reals.

It OK. But you're getting buried with LEDs.

2 weeks later
    #802 8 years ago

After reading many confessions...
    Question from her : what are you doing on your phone so much?

Answer : reading funny posts on my forums...

Truth : after reading new posts, searching and emailing CL people on new pin finds!

1 week later
    #803 8 years ago

Wandering through an antique mall yesterday I discovered a 1950 United Yuma Arizona wood rail under some junk. All intact, play field needs work, cabinet could be refinished, hums loudly when plugged in and won't start a game, but the flippers and some GI work and the backglass is flawless. Asking price is at least 5 times more than it's worth in present condition. I have no space or time for a restoration, have never worked on this type of EM and I swore that my last project was the last playfield I'd ever clear coat.

My confession: It pains me to see a machine that would be great if a little work went into it, but I know that I can't be the one to do it. You can't rescue all the puppies in the pound.

#804 8 years ago

Watching football on TV is more interesting while taking heavy duty painkillers for an infected tooth.
    This does not seem to improve my pinball ability however.

#805 8 years ago

Making a coffee table out of an EM woodrail pinball machine that was actually fully working prior to dismantling it.
    I did it on request for another collector.
    Probably, "no greater sin in the pinball world".
    (Don't worry though, it not one that will be missed)

#806 8 years ago

I also like 50's United shuffle bowling machines.

#807 8 years ago

i shout " MULTIBALLL " like in totan ,when i get multiball

#808 8 years ago

I give Sparky the "double middle finger" when the electrocution switch is thrown on Metallica LE at start of MB.

#809 8 years ago

I think sterns kiss is one of the most boring games I've ever played, an so does my girlfriend .

#810 8 years ago

I think a Domino's Pizza themed pin is the most stupid, boring idea ever.

#811 8 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

I think a Domino's Pizza themed pin is the most stupid, boring idea ever.

Do you remember "Avoid the Noid"?
    Things have been worse...

#812 8 years ago

I forget to take the balls out of my machines all the time when I raise the play field.

#813 8 years ago
    Quoted from pintechev:

I forget to take the balls out of my machines all the time when I raise the play field.

I always think of Todd Tuckey @ TNT & his videos when I forget & do that

#814 8 years ago
    Quoted from pintechev:

Screen_Shot_2016-01-06_at_2.20.21_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-01-06_at_2.20.21_PM_(resized).png

#815 8 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Screen_Shot_2016-01-06_at_2.20.21_PM_(resized).png

How did you get the bean above the frank?

#816 8 years ago

I think RCT is a good game.

#817 8 years ago

I just provoked an OCD, newly married young co-worker into this hobby ... knowing darn well the friction it may cause with his new bride.

#818 8 years ago

Alterior motive?

#819 8 years ago

I Lowballed a Lowballer.....

#820 8 years ago

If I know a Pinsider, when I read his or her posts I imagine I hear them saying the same lines in their own voices in my head as I read what they posted. They speak the same way as they would talk. Pretty cool!

#821 8 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

This is my brother, Daryl, and this is my other brother Daryl.
    image.jpg

Larry?

#822 8 years ago

I picked up a game last week that I have wanted for several years. I hauled it up stairs and put it right where I want it. I still haven't set it up after a week and I had all weekend free.

I did find and agree to buy another game though in 2 weeks.

#823 8 years ago
    Quoted from jasonp:

I Lowballed a Lowballer.....

Us LEP men live for that.

#824 8 years ago

I ordered a large number (well, for me, at least) of Comet LED's at Art's Black Friday sale and have yet to use a single one of them.

2 weeks later
    #825 8 years ago

I skim through a lot of threads on Pinside and only read the posts with a lot of upvotes.

#826 8 years ago

After getting GOT LE, and slapping the lockdown button to cash in the iron bank when the ball drains, I can frequently be seen slapping the buttonless lockdown bar on every other game when the ball drains for no...apparent...reason.

#827 8 years ago

I spent an hour on a Golden Arrow #9 roll over switch repair. Back and forth, play field up and down many times. Took the glass on and off a few times too.

Then I remembered it has two #9's.

#828 8 years ago

I am cancelling MGC show so that I can go to a kick ass house party!

2 weeks later
    #829 8 years ago

Even though I know the bulb has nothing do to with whether or not the coin mech works. If a game on location has 1 burnt bulb and 1 working bulb on the coin slot, I always put my money in the lit side.

#830 8 years ago

Everyone says that using contact cleaner on an EM may result in a fire, wondering if this is such a bad thing.

#831 8 years ago

When replacing light sockets, I'll take off the old solder with my Hakko 808 and then use it like a soldering gun to ground the new one.

1 month later
    #832 8 years ago

My toolbox is full of repurposed surgical instrumentation.

Including stainless steel pliers (double hinged action) perfect replacement for mole grips.
    Curved artery forceps , perfect for reaching and cleaning orbits without having to dismantle anything.
    Straight long nosed forceps, ideal for removing tricky to reach bulbs (once a bit of surgical tape has been put over the ends)
    Perforated stainless steel box, perfect for putting small plastic or rubber items in dishwasher without fear of losing them.
    Bone cutters, good substitute for wire cutters
    Titanium bone screws, good substitute for wood screws (at over £80 per screw I know they're not going to rust or even lose their shine)
    K Wires make excellent wire gates
    Stainless steel orthopaedic mallet, for those things that require a little extra encouragement to fit.
    Aluminium Oxide powder (used for cleaning lenses on laparoscopes) gets added every time I use my tumbler.
    Swabs make great glass/playfield cleaners as they are lint free.

plus many more.

Just those listed above, if bought new, would cost well over £1,000.

#833 8 years ago
    Quoted from WJxxxx:

My toolbox is full of repurposed surgical instrumentation.

Nice. I scored a set of precision German-made forceps at an estate sale for a whopping 3 bucks. I use them all the time on my pin repairs.

#834 8 years ago

I have bought small toys from thrift shop bins that will make great mods that never make it into my games because they are fun to play with at my desk.

I have bought mods, but lost interest in the game before they arrived. I moved on to enjoying a new game and forgot to install them only to find them sitting in the coin bucket a few years later. I installed them and brought new life to an old game years later.

I will keep a game that only my kids enjoy, but have resentment about it because I am space constrained.

I always check the local craigslist in a town I am visiting on vacation to see if there are any pins on my want list even though I would have no means of transporting them if found. I always think "I will find a way!"

#835 8 years ago

1) All my outlanes are tight!

2) I always "buy" the extra-ball!

3) Most of my settings are "easy"!

4) When I buy a new pin, I always find myself also buying toys, dvd's, books, regarding the theme! Never find time to read the books, use as many toys as toppers as I can, and watch the dvd only once!

5) I'm currently re-watching the X-Files and the Twilight Zone series!

6) I check pinside more often than my work mail, but most of the time I don't read the threads, just taking a look at the pictures!

#836 8 years ago

In the name of the father and the son and the holy ghost.
    Bless me father for i have sinned.
    It has been many years since my last confession.
    I have totally neglected my pinball collection
    for going on 5 yrs now, they deserve much better treatment.
    I will pray 4 hail marys and 3 our fathers and one act of contrition as penance.
    In the name of the father and the son and the holy ghost. Amen!

#837 8 years ago

Al Warner isn't a real person, more of a collection of pinball parts assembled into a mad robot.

#838 8 years ago

I confess that I dropped/shattered a Firepower backglass in less than 24 hours after Steve Ritchie signed it.

#839 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

I have totally neglected my pinball collection
    for going on 5 yrs now, they deserve much better treatment.

And yet you are here posting on pinside!

#840 8 years ago

I once picked up a very attractive hooker who serviced me for a McValue Meal. Thought she was in love ; but in hindsight, I realize she was probably just charging by the minute.

#841 8 years ago

Pinwiz do you really have all those machines. Where the hell do you keep them

#842 8 years ago

My confession:
    I've downloaded all of the music from Black Knight 2000 and have been know to blast it through my car sound system.

#843 8 years ago

I like some of Cher's songs and sing along to gyspsies tramps and thieves when in the car
    I'm too lazy to learn all the Pin abbreviations and just skip over them when someone uses them in a post.
    I can't figure out how to use a multi-meter.
    I always cry when watching "battleship"

#844 8 years ago

I surf since about 10yo. I play pinball since about 15yo.
    20 years later, I like pinball more than surfing.

#845 8 years ago

Thinking of trying a seaweed wrap to lose an inch off the waist so I can fit in my suit this weekend

#846 8 years ago

Been playing pinball arcade way to much on my phone, because I'm to lazy to go the pinball shed an play a real game..

2 weeks later
    #847 7 years ago

At a recent pinball party we all had a lot of fun playing pinball and visiting.
    A few good scores were put up on some machines, but none of the adults were able to get a high enough score to enter their initials on the Full Throttle machine.
    Henry has his initials on all the high scores on Full throttle.
    pinballparty_(resized).jpgpinballparty_(resized).jpg

Henry is 9 yrs old.

Henry_mischief-pinballparty_(resized).jpgHenry_mischief-pinballparty_(resized).jpg

#848 7 years ago

Went to see Eddie the eagle at the movies the other day when I was supposed to be working. It was great!

#849 7 years ago

I now have a pinball in my bedroom.

#850 7 years ago
    Quoted from king-pin:

I now have a pinball in my bedroom.

Ding Ding Ding you win a prize. I put a touch screen next to the bed and pins everywhere except the bathroom. But you did the big one.

There are 12,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.