Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,550 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 251.
    #751 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ive:

I have had temporary loan of a Star Trek Pro for just a couple of weeks, and yet I have barely played it cos I'm having way more fun bashing Mick On A Stick

Truly this is the most depraved of all confessions yet!

#753 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

funny... you have NGG on your wishlist.

I love golf!

#754 8 years ago

I enjoy playing DE Star Trek 25th more than STTNG or Stern ST. Fact

#755 8 years ago

I love Gottlieb System 80 pins

#756 8 years ago
    Quoted from VGC1612:

I love Gottlieb System 80 pins

No shame! Sinbad and Joker Poker are aces!

#757 8 years ago

I put modern Williams flipper bats & super bands on my Fathom

#758 8 years ago

In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max’s toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog…When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I went nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out…But the worst thing I ever done — I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa — and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.

#759 8 years ago

Shut up Chunk.

#760 8 years ago

Goonies...nice

#761 8 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

No shame! Sinbad and Joker Poker are aces!

Sinbad and Joker Poker are System 1 games

#762 8 years ago

I pretended to drown to kiss Wendy Peffercorn

1 week later
    #763 8 years ago

Sometimes when I let the dog out at night, I also pee in the yard.

#764 8 years ago

Hey you guys!!!!

#765 8 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Been there. Done that. Proud of it. I'm just giving back to nature.

#766 8 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Drunken sailor's creed - I am man, the world is my urinal..

#767 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Been there. Done that. Proud of it. I'm just giving back to nature.

About 12 years ago, when our dog was still alive, our son pooped in the back yard (he was 5). Of course I scolded him and told him to go clean it up. But he took too long and when he went back, it was gone. I'll just let that sink in.

#768 8 years ago

I have "secret dislike" for:

1) Stern late model pinball machine fanboys that rate games 10/10 although they have only played 2 games, and they both are the ones they own.
    2) LED modders who make their games look like the sun and get blinded when they play them even if the lights are on or have so many colors that it looks like a unicorn $!@# all over the playfield.
    3) Collectors who bury their playfields with action figures and zip ties after spending hundreds of dollars on things they could make from Toys-R-Us by themselves
    4) Technical advice from collectors who just bought their first machine, yet do not know how to test a fuse.
    5) "Collectors" who buy all NIB Stern machines only to dump them all after a few years to buy their next fancy car when they get bored, or realize they do not have a single bit of understanding on how to do maintenance and they are all broken and they sell them for a loss.
    6) Owners that think games like TAF are made of REAL GOLD and try to sell them as such even though the playfields are blown out, the cabinet has tiger claw scratches, and it is missing the cloud topper.
    7) Craigslist ads that are just plain absurd like "it will clean up with just some wax" even though the game came from a cow pasture, "it is just a simple fuse", even though the game does not power on
    8 ) Any "rare" game on Ebay, although it states in the ad that 12,000 were made.

Its hard to sustain the momentum of a hobby when conditions have changed.
    Call me opinionated, but I just blended into the Pinside mentality!

#769 8 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

About 12 years ago, when our dog was still alive, our son pooped in the back yard (he was 5). Of course I scolded him and told him to go clean it up. But he took too long and when he went back, it was gone. I'll just let that sink in.

And that is why a dog is a filthy amimal

#771 8 years ago

I still owed 3 people money I had borrowed off them for pins when I brought my last pin instead of paying them back!

#772 8 years ago

This is all funny stuff! I confess I am actually thinking of adding a Virtual pin to my lineup

#773 8 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I've heard food always tastes better the second time.

#774 8 years ago
    Quoted from mickthepin:

Apparently, Germans like to do that, too. Or so South Park would have us believe...

#775 8 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I have "secret dislike" for:
    1) Stern late model pinball machine fanboys that rate games 10/10 although they have only played 2 games, and they both are the ones they own.
    2) LED modders who make their games look like the sun and get blinded when they play them even if the lights are on.
    3) Collectors who bury their playfields with action figures and zip ties after spending hundreds of dollars on things they could make from Toys-R-Us by themselves
    4) Technical advice from collectors who just bought their first machine, yet do not know how to test a fuse.
    5) "Collectors" who buy all NIB Stern machines only to dump them all after a few years to buy their next fancy car when they get bored, or realize they do not have a single bit of understanding on how to do maintenance and they are all broken and they sell them for a loss.
    Its hard to sustain the momentum of a hobby when conditions have changed.
    Call me opinionated, but I just blended into the Pinside mentality!

Wow do I agree. The only change I would make [as my peeve] is when they go to sell them they don't take loss. They try to sell for more because they considered it an investment. "hey, they don't make them anymore" (tools).

#776 8 years ago

I sold Popeye, then bought it back a few years later cos I missed it

#777 8 years ago
    Quoted from mickthepin:

I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy, he's definitely dirty. But, a dog's got a personality. Personality goes a long way.

#778 8 years ago

That's only redneck dogs in Georgia that eat human shit. My dog up here in Jersey has more discerning tastes: it's deer shit or nothing.

#779 8 years ago

I'm bored and full and I want to go home now. But I can't, so I'm catching up on the JM Owners' Club thread (while everyone watches this football game). About a year behind on JM...

#780 8 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

It's the joy of man hood. When it's freezing out I prefer the yard all the time.

#781 8 years ago

I say I'm not competitive but when I lose I always say "hey let's play it again"......I get really annoying if I'm having an off night.

#782 8 years ago
    Quoted from robbiedoo:

I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy, he's definitely dirty. But, a dog's got a personality. Personality goes a long way.

How about Arnold the pig? he's got personality.

#783 8 years ago

When I get an extra ball on Monster Bash I like to do the little dance that Dracula is doing.

#784 8 years ago

I am most pleased recently when I get the jackpot on Police Force. It's fun and usually is enough to make the knocker go off, so I bask in the glory.

#785 8 years ago

I bought a gray-market WOZ and spent the $250 I saved on beer.

#786 8 years ago

I once made love with an old girlfriend on top of one of my older pinball machines in my collection (both now long gone).
    The playfield glass broke, and she fell into the machine.
    I cleaned out the glass and replaced it, but never told the next owner.
    True story.

#787 8 years ago

^^^ could have been a selling point, for the right buyer.

#788 8 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I cleaned out the glass and replaced it

Replaced the glass or the girlfriend?

#789 8 years ago
    Quoted from bintzknocker:

Replaced the glass or the girlfriend?

BOTH.
    Strippers do not make good girlfriends in the long run.
    Fun at the beginning, drama in the middle, disaster in the end.

#790 8 years ago

I laugh when I see people fall down or puke

#791 8 years ago

When staying at a hotel for a friends wedding, I got hammered. Woke up in the middle of the night and walked into the closet thinking it was the bathroom and peed on my wives shoes. True story. But hey the closet and the bathroom were right next to each other. Honest mistake.

#792 8 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

One of my nephews was housebroken before he was potty trained....

#793 8 years ago

I give my girlfriend the heavy end of the pinball machine whenever I have to bring a new game down the steps into my basement. She used to like pinball, but not so much anymore... I wonder why.

I don't feel bad though because she's a pole vaulter and significantly stronger than I am.

#794 8 years ago

I had a walk through the Olympic village one day and I saw a guy walking along with a long stick over his sholder, I said ah you must be a pole vaulter. He said "no I a German, and how did you know my name was Walter"

#795 8 years ago

I refer to games in my head by their Pinside abbreviations.

#796 8 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

When staying at a hotel for a friends wedding, I got hammered. Woke up in the middle of the night and walked into the closet thinking it was the bathroom and peed on my wives shoes. True story. But hey the closet and the bathroom were right next to each other. Honest mistake.

Ha, I did that once in college, but it was my girlfriends pantry. The door had a mirror so I thought it was the bathroom.

#797 8 years ago

I can barely turn around in my gameroom right now and there are parts spread all over the basement. I have no room or budget for more pins, but I still check craigslist and the marketplace 4-5 times per day and always look for pins for sale in the cities I travel too for work, even though I'm pretty sure I couldn't get a pin in the overhead bin. When I see a game for sale that I haven't seen before, I read everything about it on IPDB, then google it, even if it's just to check out the images that aren't on ipdb, which often leads to links to images of pins I haven't seen before, which I always check out on ipdb...

#798 8 years ago

My 5-year-old has too much shit so we occasionally sneak into her room she's gone and gather a bag for Goodwill. On a recent run, my wife found a purse with a handgun in it. Turned out it was a Transformers Megatron pistol from the 80s, which made my week.

#799 8 years ago

I drank a bit too much tonight and I fell in love with everybody. I'm gonna miss you all when I'm gone, but especially my best friends (counting) all 9 of you.

#800 8 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I drank a bit too much tonight and I fell in love with everybody. I'm gonna miss you all when I'm gone, but especially my best friends (counting) all 9 of you.

59, if I include my online friends (1 eye closed) - you guys count just as much. For reals.

There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.