Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,560 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 hours ago by brobra
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 252.
    #7851 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Even had an day nap the other day

Confess I have only had one nap in the last 2-3 months now, and for a while I had a nap almost daily.

I miss the daily naps, but I do like to be busy, as long as I am enjoying whatever I am working on.

#7852 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

I confess the thrill of having another pinball project to start working on is still a great way to lift my spirits. I confess that the urge to restore runs strong in my blood.

I confess I wish I had that drive right now. I lost it around 2020 and waiting for it to come back

#7853 1 year ago

I confess I threw away 2 full bottles of Flitz media additive just now.

I knew it was going to happen. Some chemicals don’t age as well as wine. I think these bottles were pushing 16 years old. I’m working on that rust bucket and after evaporust and sanding the media additive in the polisher just sticks as a grime and I’ve been polishing parts and brass for over 20 some years.

New fresh bottle will be here Tuesday.

#7854 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I can hold a flashlight and make sure that no one runs out of beer.

Your hired!

#7855 1 year ago

Confess I’m ready for stop working on lawn and garden projects and get back to fixing pins! But I had to dig 16 holes this weekend for some ferns and hostas my wife bought last week. You guys up north don’t know how bad this red Georgia clay is in the summer. You can stand on the shovel, and it just laughs back at you.
    4E818CF4-A207-4E71-942C-E639962ED78C (resized).jpeg4E818CF4-A207-4E71-942C-E639962ED78C (resized).jpeg81792952-6085-4883-A3F6-39803EB34BDF (resized).jpeg81792952-6085-4883-A3F6-39803EB34BDF (resized).jpeg

#7856 1 year ago

Pour water in the hole half an hour before you dig in clay next time.

ThankMeLaterPunkin

#7857 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Pour water in the hole half an hour before you dig in clay next time.

Confess punkin knows what he is talking about with that.

Quoted from EJS:

Your hired!

AWESOME! (Except for the fact that you will have to move to my area, I never plan to live any further away from the Florida beaches than I do now). (5 hour drive to the closest ones).

#7858 1 year ago

I never plan to live any further away from the Florida beaches than I do now). (5 hour drive to the closest ones).

Confess Atlanta traffic sucks so bad that even though swampfire lives not too far from here, his drive to the Florida beaches would be more like 6-7 hours.

#7859 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Confess I’m ready for stop working on lawn and garden projects and get back to fixing pins! But I had to dig 16 holes this weekend for some ferns and hostas my wife bought last week. You guys up north don’t know how bad this red Georgia clay is in the summer. You can stand on the shovel, and it just laughs back at you.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Are those holes big enough. I thought you needed the hole to be twice as wide and deep as really needed.

#7860 1 year ago

^ I confess that I totally agree with that!
    I am not too good at working on a machine, but I can hold a flashlight and make sure that no one runs out of beer.

For me it's having that third hand to shift the playfield as you access a tight spot, to let you know what light it lit when you adjust switches in the backbox, and to just chat about the theory of operation to arrive at a solution to the problem. And of course camaraderie when you're shaking out the nastiest of gremlins!

#7861 1 year ago

(Except for the fact that you will have to move to my area

I don’t think that will be a problem…..

Confess Atlanta traffic sucks so bad that even though swampfire lives not too far from here, his drive to the Florida beaches would be more like 6-7 hours.

Yeah never mind….

#7862 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

You guys up north don’t know how bad this red Georgia clay is in the summer. You can stand on the shovel, and it just laughs back at you.

To be honest I do know Georgia soil as I lived there when I was 1-5 my dad was in the Army (Fort Stewart). But most of my digging was in the sandbox.

#7863 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess i didn't know there was such a thing as achievement points. Do they take some off you every time you get modded?
    One thing i can tell you from 5 mins ago is that stainless slugs in .177 @1000'ps make a fucking mess of mid size birds.
    Where were these heavyweights when we were kids and had Daisy's and Diablo's?
    [quoted image]
    LoveMyGammoPunkin

I have that one, buts a 22.

I confess though, I will not raise the rent on any of my tenants. I will cut corners and work more if I have to.
    Most of my tenants are retired and on fixed income, and while we do not hang out or anything, it feels like we are family, and I am helping them to be able to plan their budgets with at least their rent being a fixed expense that they can budget for.
    Confess I do treat others the way I hope to be treated myself.

I wish more people had your generosity. You lead by example.

#7864 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

last but very important a teaspoon of Apple cider vinegar With mothers with about 8 ounces of warm water before bed each night and i started losing the weight pretty quick.

What is mother's and what is this supposed to do for you? I'm curious.

#7865 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

What is mother's and what is this supposed to do for you? I'm curious.

Yeah, its Called Apple Cider Vinegar with the mother. Whatever the hell that is... - the mother sems to be the cloudy stuff left in it. I use ACV to ease a bad gut a lot. It's the best thing i've ever used.

EDIT_ - Fermenting apple juice produces apple cider vinegar, or ACV, in addition to a “mother”—a byproduct of yeast and bacteria. To make ACV, manufacturers add yeast to apple juice to break down the natural sugars, resulting in alcohol. Next, they add specific bacteria to convert the alcohol to acetic acid, the foundation of vinegar. This bacteria—which appears as a cloudy, spongy, or stringy mass—contains probiotics, enzymes, and nutrients. Some manufacturers choose to filter ACV to remove the mother, while others bottle the concoction as is and label the product accordingly.

#7866 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Looks like your yard is fenced, but the deer here love to munch on the hostas.

#7867 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Are those holes big enough. I thought you needed the hole to be twice as wide and deep as really needed.

No, but that was as deep as I could dig without hitting tree roots. They’ll probably stay small, but that’s okay.

#7868 1 year ago

I was offline for 6 days. Confess it felt kinda good

#7869 1 year ago

Was kinda excited to try this out. After 2 games, back in the box it went

20220625_174231.jpg20220625_174231.jpg
    #7870 1 year ago

Uncovered my TV and turned it on this morning to connect to Amazon prime. First time in 2-3 years i've turned the TV on.

I only wanted to watch Tron. Fucking $14. Off it went again.

#7871 1 year ago

My girlfriend would like to go to the beach, but not making any fuss about it.

Confess I just do not care for the beach like I did 20-30 years ago.

Always was a chance of sharks, stingrays, jellyfish, etc., but never dealt with any.

Now still have all that and also flesh eating bacteria. Hell No!

I used to take a cooler of beer to the hot tub and hang out with cool people and drink and smoke until 3am.

Last time there, about 3 years ago, no coolers allowed at the hot tub, no smoking at the hot tub, and now the hot tub closes at 10pm. Hell No!

I rarely ever made it to the hot tub before midnight in the past, and now it is closed, hell no.

I am on vacation, give me a break with your stupid rules, I may want to drink beer and sleep on a float on the ocean all day, and then get in the hot tub at midnight.

The place really sucked last time I was there 3 years ago, after being so much fun 20-30 years ago.

Now the whole place is non-smoking, at least that is what the website says.

Oh well, I guess I will be saving some money.

Confess I guess I will get a few bags of sand and put around the hot tub here, and get a CD that has ocean and seagull sounds, and we will be at the beach without having to pay ridiculous motel prices, and deal with their rules.

Or I may end up dealing with some or all of that motel crap, because if I did a beach getup here, I would be missing the main thing: no other women around that I am not supposed to be looking at.

Confess I really hate rules and changes.

I wish I could just stay in the year 1998 forever.

Confess now though that if I could go back to the year 1998, and do things different, I would not have went to the beach quite as many times as I did, and went to clubs and ran up large tabs.

Hell, I could be retired now if only I had of had a tad less fun way back when.

Life is short though, and the memories of being a VIP at clubs on the beach is priceless now.

Actually not priceless, because instead of complaining about current motel rules I may would have been buying a place on the beach now.

Oh well, at least I had a lot of fun back when I was young. Confess that may be coming back to bite me in the ass also, because I have not felt too great lately.

I am happy though, while I don't have a house or condo on the beach now I have everything else that I would want almost.

In reality my house is not very big compared to what other people have, and my house is actually a whole lot larger than I need.

Confess I would never sell my house though, I have way too much stuff to even try to move.

Me selling my house would be like Steve Martin at the end of The Jerk movie talking about stuff he needs.

Confess I am tight these days anyway, and if we do even make it to the beach it will be after Labor Day when the rates are half what they are now.

My tenants are safe, I will never raise their rent, they are awesome and I want to keep them, while at the same time wanting them to stay because they like me also.

Confess today I am cancelling insurance and registration on a car I have been driving for over 14 years, to save money on insurance, canceling pay TV as soon as that contract is up.

I am self-employed and someone that I do a lot of work for has finally pissed me off to the point that I am ready to cut back on my expenses, and be retired from any kind of construction work, and just do my other work that pays less that I enjoy more.

Life is just way too short, to ever have to put up with any assholes.

Confess I enjoyed typing this long rant.

Goodnight, and I hope all of you have a great week.

#7872 1 year ago

Gotta admit, I'm a pretty good dancer sitting down

#7873 1 year ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Yeah, its Called Apple Cider Vinegar with the mother. Whatever the hell that is... - the mother sems to be the cloudy stuff left in it. I use ACV to ease a bad gut a lot. It's the best thing i've ever used.
    EDIT_ - Fermenting apple juice produces apple cider vinegar, or ACV, in addition to a “mother”—a byproduct of yeast and bacteria. To make ACV, manufacturers add yeast to apple juice to break down the natural sugars, resulting in alcohol. Next, they add specific bacteria to convert the alcohol to acetic acid, the foundation of vinegar. This bacteria—which appears as a cloudy, spongy, or stringy mass—contains probiotics, enzymes, and nutrients. Some manufacturers choose to filter ACV to remove the mother, while others bottle the concoction as is and label the product accordingly.

Ok, I get it now. Awhile back a friend gave us a bottle of live ACV and it had that glob. I was supposed to do stuff to keep it alive and forgot. It wasn't worth the effort and I would rather just buy it for cheap.

Here is a real confession. I spend too much time on Pinside and only occasionaly play my one pin. Seems like reading about pinball is more important to me. The reason I say that is Friday I found out there is a restuarant with an arcade with five pins 15 minutes from my current house and 6 minutes from my old house (moved a little over a year ago). I went with my wife and in-laws after seeing a comedy show. My wife had mentioned the place had an arcade, but I never checked it out. I think it's been there a couple years.

It had a Stern Star Wars, AFM, JP, IM, and DP. They were all set for 3 plays for $1 dollar. We ordered some tacos from Mission Taco in Kirkwood, but the second I got my beer I went to check out the pins. I paid 2 dollars for an hour of play on the DP and JP combine. I was getting free plays like crazy. Basically, I ditched the family and had to take my tacos home because they closed for the night.

Why have I not been there before now? It's not a pandemic thing for me. Right now I have $8 in tokens calling me back.

Edited to add: Sad thing is I was the only person in the arcade. They had skeeball and some arcade machines. I didn't pay much attention because I beelined to the pins. All of the teens were at the Andy's custard a few blocks away.

#7874 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Here is a real confession. I spend too much time on Pinside

I am pretty sure that most of us here are doing that.

Confess I was going to post some more in Funny Captions tonight, but this beach thing is driving me nuts.

Confess I now have a headache, from looking at motels and hotels around Panama City Beach, that will actually allow me to sit on a outdoor balcony and smoke while I am drinking beer.

And I really want to find a beach motel in that area, only a 5 hour drive.

I am sick of driving to South Florida, mainly because of I-75 and the nightmare traffic and drivers and speed traps to get there.

At this point I confess I think I would be happier to just stay home, buy a few bags of sand to put around the jacuzzi, and a couple of pool floats for the jacuzzi.

At least I would not have to worry about traffic, hours of operation, and if I can smoke or not. It would save a whole lot of money also.

#7875 1 year ago

I confess about 25 years ago I purchased a brand-new NASCAR Monopoly board game at a flea market for $8.00.

I thought maybe someday it would be worth something.

While ago I looked on eBay and they were selling between $15.00 and $30.00, so I said what the hell and opened it.

I have not played Monopoly in over 30 years, and never this version, and Saturday night this is happening with my girlfriend.

I also pretty much retired from construction while ago, I turned in the tag and canceled the insurance on the vehicle that I had been using for that.

I am trying to get away from things and people that stresses me and enjoy life again. (On a tighter budget now though).

Now if I can only stop celebrating and staying up late drinking beer so that I can still get up at a decent hour to take care of the work I am still doing, well, that would be great.

#7876 1 year ago

I confess I wonder if the Banning auction was this weekend how much less the games would sell for, if anything less.

#7877 1 year ago

I am pretty sure that most of us here are doing that.
    Confess I was going to post some more in Funny Captions tonight, but this beach thing is driving me nuts.
    Confess I now have a headache, from looking at motels and hotels around Panama City Beach, that will actually allow me to sit on a outdoor balcony and smoke while I am drinking beer.
    \

There are bans on smoking outside? I'm not a smoker, but do a cigar time to time. I would definitely be smoking a cigar on vacation on a balcony with a beer.

#7878 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

There are bans on smoking outside?

Yes, no smoking outside on your balcony, and some places now no smoking on the beach.

AND! They are using drones to catch violators and fine them like $500.00.

Quoted from RyanStl:

a cigar time to time.

That would also be a huge no-no I would think. While the bans do not say anything about cigars, they do say no vaping also.

So much for going to the beach anymore, I confess I will just stick with fishing trips.

#7879 1 year ago

Going thru a local online auction site and saw this sign. Immediately thought of punkin

45466062_1.jpg45466062_1.jpg
    #7880 1 year ago

Yes, no smoking outside on your balcony, and some places now no smoking on the beach.
    AND! They are using drones to catch violators and fine them like $500.00.

That would also be a huge no-no I would think. While the bans do not say anything about cigars, they do say no vaping also.
    So much for going to the beach anymore, I confess I will just stick with fishing trips.

I'm surprised Florida is that clamped down. I bet cigarette sells are are top three in Florida. I'm going to Hilton Head in a few weeks and plan to bring a few cigars. Hope I don't get in trouble.

#7881 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I'm going to Hilton Head in a few weeks and plan to bring a few cigars. Hope I don't get in trouble.

You may want to start reading some of the fine print.

Confess I am shocked by how much rules/policies have changed in such a short time.

#7882 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Immediately thought of punkin

Please tell me it’s because of the map of Australia.

#7883 1 year ago

You may want to start reading some of the fine print.
    Confess I am shocked by how much rules/policies have changed in such a short time.

I’m scared to travel with cigars in fear of TSA confiscation not that there should be any reason to. Not like I’d dare travel with any of my Cubans.

When I was in CA in 2009 I was able to get a smoking room. Wonder if that’s still a thing. I wouldn’t do that ever again.

#7884 1 year ago

I confess I probably need to get my laptop out to respond to punkin recent PM. I didn’t forget about it.

#7885 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Please tell me it’s because of the map of Australia.

Well it can't be because of a dirty lager.

#7886 1 year ago

I confess now that I'm a consultant, I left at 2pm. I wanted to have a few beers as tomorrow is Canada day (Canadian Independence) so I left Cheers

#7887 1 year ago

You worked till 2 in the arvo? You'd get run out of town here.

Woopi time is 7am till 9 or 10. Whenever the local opens.
    3/4 of the town runs on woopi time.

We still have shops and banks and stuff, and there are people to serve our beers, but it's like the day people and night people of Kings Cross. Two populations of the same streets who jst see each other at the change of shift.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7888 1 year ago

I confess the worst pin I restored was a Bally Eight Ball. Here's the head. I confess I did what nobody should ever do, because I was new at this and stupid. I plugged it in.

And it WORKED.

IMG_4848 (resized).jpgIMG_4848 (resized).jpg
    #7889 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

I confess the worst pin I restored was a Bally Eight Ball. Here's the head. I confess I did what nobody should ever do, because I was new at this and stupid. I plugged it in.
    And it WORKED.
    [quoted image]

I can smell it from here

#7890 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I can smell it from here

When I finished it, it was a nice clean thing of beauty I gave to my father for his birthday. But there was a lot of work between that and then.

#7891 1 year ago

I must confess.
    I have had a subscription to the hockey news for 20 years..I haven't read a single issue for about 6 years because I want the issues minty and immediately put them in a protective sleeve and out of sunlight.

#7892 1 year ago

I think caravans should only be allowed on highways between sunrise and sunset on Sundays only. And even then, get out of the fucking way!

#7893 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I must confess.
    I have had a subscription to the hockey news for 20 years..I haven't read a single issue for about 6 years because I want the issues minty and immediately put them in a protective sleeve and out of sunlight.

Confess that today I learned that there’s a collection hobby that’s weirder than pinball.

#7894 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Confess that today I learned that there’s a collection hobby that’s weirder than pinball.

What about the people who frame pinball boxes and collect them?

#7895 1 year ago

I tried to talk a mate into coming to watch one of our mates in a bush rally today. Said he can't cause he has to sell some pigs. I told him his boy was capable of selling the pigs. Unsuccessful.

Screenshot_20220702-081607_Messages (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220702-081607_Messages (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20220702-081640_Messages (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220702-081640_Messages (resized).jpg

#7896 1 year ago

What movie was that where a kid was driving with a block of wood strapped to his shoe? Short round from IJ?

#7897 1 year ago

Dunno, but i figured that if he wouldn't go for the stilts idea then he wasn't gunna listen to the suggestion of his daughter sitting on the floor pushing pedals as his son called it.

Trouble is, both the kids would have been up for it for sure. PLUS he's got a paddock they could practice in before heading out the driveway. So long as they stay off the freeway, what could go wrong?

#7898 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

What movie was that where a kid was driving with a block of wood strapped to his shoe? Short round from IJ?

Yes, that was it.

#7899 1 year ago

Damnit now I confess I want lemonade no thanks to someone posting a pic of it in another thread.

#7900 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Damnit now I confess I want lemonade no thanks to someone posting a pic of it in another thread.

Here's another one for you.

DSCF1236[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1236[1] (resized).jpg

There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/158?hl=mrsiyufy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.