Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,550 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 251.
    #7501 1 year ago

Drained thread...neighbour and I are cool now.
    (Called him out on trying to jack the price of a guitar he was selling to me from his store. by 100 bucks)

#7502 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Drained thread...neighbour and I are cool now.
    (Called him out on trying to jack the price of a guitar he was selling to me from his store. by 100 bucks)

You have burst my bubble where I imagine every Canadian is the paragon of jolly, easy-going laid-backism.

#7503 1 year ago

I had social media until about 6 years ago.

Quoted from Mrsiyufy:I’ve never been on Facebook, twitter, instagram or any social media other than pinside and reddit

#7504 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

You have burst my bubble where I imagine every Canadian is the paragon of jolly, easy-going laid-backism.

Hockey: the dirty little secret about Canadians. It is their form of release and violence. I say this as an expat Canadian.

#7505 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Not all the time ,we can still raise our elbows in the corners!

#7506 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I’ve never been on Facebook, twitter, instagram or any social media other than pinside and reddit

I’ve only had 2 good experiences with Facebook. The first time I deleted it, and the second. All I have is Pinside, YouTube and a few other “hobby specific” forum accounts similar to pinside.

#7507 1 year ago

I'm not very active on pinside anymore, but I just wanted to say hi to everyone here.
    Completely random I know. lol

#7508 1 year ago

This is the back seat of the bus. Only the cool kids here.

So howdy.

#7509 1 year ago

I only have Facebook for the marketplace. That's it.

#7510 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Similar here. I have a business page for Stilldragon Australia that i don't maintain, and a page for Woopi Freeballers Pinball Team, but other than the pinball buy sell pages i don't use facebook on any personal level and don't have the app on my phone.

Forums only here for social interaction online.

#7511 1 year ago

You're an old old fart punkin.

#7512 1 year ago

Edit meant to say old just once punkin

#7513 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Don't worry about that kife..it's your Lawn Ryan.

#7514 1 year ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I'm not very active on pinside anymore, but I just wanted to say hi to everyone here.
    Completely random I know. lol

I was starting to wonder why I haven’t seen that owl around. Good to see you and hope you are doing well

#7515 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

You're an old old fart punkin.

Yeah but i still didn't growed up.

Art, cool shirts and modern music here. Not much else fogey about me but my boomer tech attitudes....

#7516 1 year ago

I only use Facebook for selling shit on marketplace and finding garage sales. I have no friends. Didn't want messenger either but kind of need it to respond to ads

#7517 1 year ago

I thought pesto was a plant…not whatever it actually is. A mix of! Nuts, basil, and fucking oil…at least that what my lady friends tell me.

#7518 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I only use Facebook for selling shit on marketplace and finding garage sales.

I have never been on any social site other than this one, and I know I am missing out on being able to sell some shit, but that is ok for now.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I have no friends.

Me neither, my best friend died right after Who-Dey died.

Confess I do have a awesome girlfriend though, and we have been together for around 6-7 years now, and that is a new record for me, normally I am ready to move on after 5 years at the most.

Confess she does drive me crazy in the mornings, I am out of it in the morning, and she talks way too much then.

Confess I get her back at night, after a few beers I do not shut up, or stop playing music on YouTube.

And confess lately I have not felt well, and now I have some nasty rashes all over my arms and back.

#7519 1 year ago
    Quoted from SirMachismo:

I thought pesto was a plant…not whatever it actually is. A mix of! Nuts, basil, and fucking oil…at least that what my lady friends tell me.

You win the weekly post award my friend. That's a beauty.

nana1 (resized).jpgnana1 (resized).jpg

#7520 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

You win the weekly post award my friend. That's a beauty.
    [quoted image]

You just made my day! For all the things I do well I equal it in WTF moments. I still don’t know what Jack Fruit is, but I am too embarrassed to ask after the pesto incident.

#7521 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I have never been on any social site other than this one, and I know I am missing out on being able to sell some shit, but that is ok for now.

Me neither, my best friend died right after Who-Dey died.

Was referencing the stupid friend requests on Facebook. You're not missing anything.

I don't have any real friends tho. I have a great friend who for some reason takes pity on me and lends me games so I can stay in this hobby. I'm very gracious for his generosity. He's the closet thing to a brother from another mother. Have a few pinsiders I consider friends who I'll text with outside of pinside but that's about it. It's basically me and my woman of 20+years on this life journey

#7522 1 year ago
    Quoted from SirMachismo:

You just made my day! For all the things I do well I equal it in WTF moments. I still don’t know what Jack Fruit is, but I am too embarrassed to ask after the pesto incident.

Oh Oh pick me!

Jackfruit is my exe's favorite fruit, from all accounts. But she'd never let me buy her one. Evan in Thailand.

#7523 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Was referencing the stupid friend requests on Facebook. You're not missing anything.
    I don't have any real friends tho. I have a great friend who for some reason takes pity on me and lends me games so I can stay in this hobby. I'm very gracious for his generosity. He's the closet thing to a brother from another mother. Have a few pinsiders I consider friends who I'll text with outside of pinside but that's about it. It's basically me and my woman of 20+years on this life journey

I'll be your friend mate. I feel a connection there and know who you are when you post.

You are one of the 8-10 pinsiders i take notice of.

foghorn (resized).jpgfoghorn (resized).jpg

#7524 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I’ve only had 2 good experiences with Facebook.

Quoted from RyanStl:

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I only use Facebook for selling shit on marketplace and finding garage sales.

I went on Facebook in 2016 as I was in a class and the classmates were communicating through it (before Groupme, SnapChat, etc.) It turned out practically my entire high school class was on it so I now have a connection with them, but I don't post. I go on it to check Marketplace (and sell - we have sold a lot of our junk on Marketplace) and I will catch up with what my old classmates are doing.

Best Facebook moment - The lawsuit for use of Biometrics in Illinois. Both my wife and I got a check each for $397 for doing face tagging. Didn't have to do anything but sign up. We also got our LG refrigerator settlement in the same week ($450) - was like pulling nails to get that one.

Not as hard as the Rheem Marathon Water Heater "lifetime" water heater. It lasted about 16 years, not bad but not what they advertised. A story for another day but the sweet taste of victory at the end when that check came in the mail (took almost eight months) was worth it.

#7525 1 year ago

The labor shortage is so bad that I’m working at a massive state of the art energy terminal by myself, I have never been here and have no idea what I’m supposed to be doing. I just pray there is no disaster. I am getting double time to do nothing. It’s going to be a long day.

#7526 1 year ago

Confess that I’m mighty pissed off at my sod installer right now. My 4 pallets of Zeon Zoysia showed up Thursday morning, and he didn’t get it installed until Friday afternoon. So it baked in the sun for 30+ hours. Now I have $2k of brand new lawn with brown streaks all through it. I watered it for an hour yesterday and an hour this morning - hopefully the brown will turn green again, and it’s not just dead grass.

On top of that, he sent his 17-year-old little brother to do the installation (with 1 helper, also a kid). They did an okay job, but there are some gaps.

75044FDF-8C16-4D8E-8BAB-F30A1742D14C (resized).jpeg75044FDF-8C16-4D8E-8BAB-F30A1742D14C (resized).jpeg

#7527 1 year ago

Understandable swampfire I have seen some sod installs and that is kind of at the bottom of my list. Let us know if it grows out of it?

#7528 1 year ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Understandable swampfire I have seen some sod installs and that is kind of at the bottom of my list. Let us know if it grows out of it?

Yeah, this is how they left the border with my neighbor’s yard. The guy is coming out this afternoon and I’m gonna give him an earful.

517AC16C-35A8-490B-98A9-4E536DF0A756 (resized).jpeg517AC16C-35A8-490B-98A9-4E536DF0A756 (resized).jpeg
    #7529 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

The labor shortage is so bad that I’m working at a massive state of the art energy terminal by myself, I have never been here and have no idea what I’m supposed to be doing. I just pray there is no disaster. I am getting double time to do nothing. It’s going to be a long day.

I have just the thing for that!

thumb_126856211_703315353630642_6751394529803368473_n-9632806945 (resized).jpgthumb_126856211_703315353630642_6751394529803368473_n-9632806945 (resized).jpg
    #7530 1 year ago

Swampfire, I would be pissed too. That's a lot of money to be left to dry out.

#7531 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Yeah, this is how they left the border with my neighbor’s yard. The guy is coming out this afternoon and I’m gonna give him an earful.
    [quoted image]

You know they'll probably tell you it's from lack of watering on your part. Seriously, I hope they make things right!

#7532 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

[quoted image]

Well, at least they got one thing correct: green side up.

#7533 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

They did an okay job, but there are some gaps.

I had a customer installing sod years ago. They had a motto.

Green side up

It will grow together

It's not my yard.

LTG : )

#7534 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

[quoted image]

That really looks like shit.

#7535 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

That really looks like shit.

Grass likely in hibernation from heat shock
    Should bounce back nicely

#7536 1 year ago

I confess I've had a good week. Work is wrapping up a huge project, the wife's business is taking off, I have started chatting with a few great pinball collectors, and I've been permanently ejected from not one, but TWO threads at pinside. So I know I'm doing something right. Heh!

#7537 1 year ago

I confess, I love garage sales. I'd back over my mother in law to stop at a sale. I also love to barter but I couldn't at these prices

20220611_130603.jpg20220611_130603.jpg
    #7538 1 year ago

You'll get over it. Eventually you'll have too much shit, just like they did.

#7539 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I confess, I love garage sales. I'd back over my mother in law to stop at a sale. I also love to barter but I couldn't at these prices
    [quoted image]

Wicked score Dirk!
    Scored this nice chimnea today waking my dog finley

16549758846343995755729105079672 (resized).jpg16549758846343995755729105079672 (resized).jpg
    #7540 1 year ago

It was free and buddy delivered to my house. Good dude around the corner ...beers have been agreed to near future

#7541 1 year ago

Love a good flea market!!

#7542 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:Swampfire, I would be pissed too. That's a lot of money to be left to dry out.

Insist on a few rolls of sod be dropped off for repair
    Need to fill that triangle

#7543 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Love a good flea market!!

Me too. Unfortunately none around me. The first house I rented had one within walking distance. Saturday morning we'd head over hungover for 25 cent hotdogs and some retro game and cd hunting

#7544 1 year ago

I confess right now I'm browsing Pinside using starlink internet at my lake lot in the middle of nowhere. As much as Elon is a weird dude, his product works surprisingly well. With pinside access I can stay up here for weeks now

#7545 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Insist on a few rolls of sod be dropped off for repair
    Need to fill that triangle

I filled it in myself - there were about 6 rolls left over. I’m over my neighbor’s property line, but he doesn’t care. So in 3-4 months I’ll go in with an edger and straighten out that line.

There are a few spots - like the one below - that look like they’re dying. I’ll just keep watering an inch a day for 3 weeks ($$) and hope for the best.

5A4CA456-1E77-4728-91ED-2BA6EB8D22DC (resized).jpeg5A4CA456-1E77-4728-91ED-2BA6EB8D22DC (resized).jpeg
    #7546 1 year ago

I know it's the confessional, but i have a tech question and don't know where to post it, so i figure Lloyd or someone else knowledgeable will notice here.

I have a couple of momentary start buttons that i want to use as the machine on/off switch. Is there a simple way to do this? Is there a cartridge that replaces the momentary with a switch?

I'll add a confession to be within thread purpose. It's 10am and i haven't had a beer yet....
    Tron has new flipper kits in the bottom flippers though.

DSCF1189[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1189[1] (resized).jpg

#7547 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I have a couple of momentary start buttons that i want to use as the machine on/off switch.

Are they rated for that kind of voltage ?

Quoted from punkin:

Is there a simple way to do this?

Find a push button switch like your on/off switch that fits in the hole. You'd lose the start game feature with the start button.

LTG : )

#7549 1 year ago

Was just sitting in the sun eating my daily green butter brownie when the peewee from the other day flew down to say hello.

I thought it would be rude not share so broke him off a big chunk. Hope the little fella has a good afternoon.

#7550 1 year ago

Confess. I have no idea what a sun dial is but I'm curious to find out after finding one today

20220611_155506.jpg20220611_155506.jpg
    There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/151?hl=ryguy80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.