Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,560 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by brobra
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 252.
    #7451 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

My dad once dated a woman who left him for John Fogerty. He wasn't even upset about it, didn't blame her one bit.

When I was about 25 I dated a woman for 3 months, but she abruptly ended it. She was living with one of the Indigo Girls, and I later learned that they were actually lovers. I never stood a chance, and I felt so much better when I learned the truth about why she dropped me so fast.

#7452 1 year ago
    Quoted from HooperTriplett:

I had to re-read this a couple time to catch all the prepositions.

Okay so I'm glad I wasn't the only one.

#7453 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

When I was about 25 I dated a woman for 3 months, but she abruptly ended it. She was living with one of the Indigo Girls, and I later learned that they were actually lovers. I never stood a chance, and I felt so much better when I learned the truth about why she dropped me so fast.

Twasn't the truth....

This thread has taken an uptick.

#7454 1 year ago

I confess that I am so glad that cursive writing is going away.

I cannot read that crap anymore, and I barely can write my name that way anymore either.

My Mom is big time into that crap, and I just had to do the best I can to sign Johnny in cursive for her birthday card.

Long ago I did just write Johnny without the cursive stuff on a card for Mom. and she hated it, thought I was lazy and did not care anymore.

Confess I do have an AWESOME MOM though. All she asks for is 3 cards a year. (Mother's Day, Birthday, and Christmas). Except it sucks that is the only 3 times a year, that I have to attempt to write in cursive.

Also confess and impressed that the postal service employees can still read cursive, and most mail that she sends out still gets delivered.

I hope all of you have a GREAT WEEK!

#7455 1 year ago

The first time I met Jane Seymour, we watched Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, with her this little thing curled up in a blanket next to me. Fun times.

#7456 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

The first time I met Jane Seymour, we watched Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, with her this little thing curled up in a blanket next to me. Fun times.

Confess i have no idea who that person is and no intention to google it.

#7457 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Twasn't the truth....
    This thread has taken an uptick.

100% the truth, but I can’t remember exactly how long we dated. She looked a lot like Susan Dey, very cute.

#7458 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Also confess and impressed that the postal service employees can still read cursive, and most mail that she sends out still gets delivered.

From Scientific American, "Most of the mail that goes through the mail system is never even really seen or handled, during the processing phase, by a human employee - it is all automated with few exceptions." When the machine cannot use Optical Character Recognition (OCR), which is very rare, a picture is taken and sent off to a remote processing center where a human will look at it. The Post Office was at the forefront of OCR technology and what is on your computer now in Adobe and other products have benefited from their pioneering contracts - kinda like NASA.

I confess I sometimes remember little factoids I heard somewhere, and get sucked into a 10 minute internet search on the topic when I should be doing something else. I confess that sometimes during that search, I will see something else that spurs another search, and that is how an hour or two disappears from day magically.

#7459 1 year ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

From Scientific American, "Most of the mail that goes through the mail system is never even really seen or handled, during the processing phase, by a human employee - it is all automated with few exceptions." When the machine cannot use Optical Character Recognition (OCR), which is very rare, a picture is taken and sent off to a remote processing center where a human will look at it. The Post Office was at the forefront of OCR technology and what is on your computer now in Adobe and other products have benefited from their pioneering contracts - kinda like NASA.
    I confess I sometimes remember little factoids I heard somewhere, and get sucked into a 10 minute internet search on the topic when I should be doing something else. I confess that sometimes during that search, I will see something else that spurs another search, and that is how an hour or two disappears from day magically.

I didn’t know this until recently but you can have the post office send you images of what will be coming in the mail. Doesn’t make much sense for me since I don’t take vacations and the only thing I get in the mail is a credit card bill and copy of paystub and otherwise just junk mail.

UPS on the other hand….he’s at my house more days than not due to work shipments.

I confess I haven’t bought many pinballs recently so not many PBR or PBL orders. Just one from Steve from Slick Chick I bought on Mother’s Day…..crap I still have to return the wrench from the seller. I don’t care if I’m remembered as an asshole but won’t be remembered as a thief.

#7460 1 year ago

My mate told me a cracker story yesti.

Seems he was at home on his farm putting the finishing touches to a bottle of JD when a car pulled up to the house and a guy got out and came up to him on the verandah.

Wanted to speak to my mates mum in law who shares the house with them.

Who are you and what do you want is the typical response, so the guys says he's a detective and shows him a lanyard with his name on it.

Lets see some proper idea says Z.

Guy refuses and turns to leave, Z is in the house getting his phone to take pics of guy and car, but when he comes out guy is hightailing it out of there. 3k's of driveway so my mate thinks he'll get him before the gate. Does so, pulls up in front of the guy and gets out when the guy takes off again down the road. Z's in hot pursuit and pulls a maneuver where he slides across in front of the other car which then t bones him.

Guy gets out of the car with his Glock and his badge and calls in the wagon and arrests my mate for DUI.

First time i ever heard of a cop chase where the cops are the ones fleeing and the criminal is the one chasing. Like watching Benny Hill.

#7461 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

My mate told me a cracker story yesti.
    Seems he was at home on his farm putting the finishing touches to a bottle of JD when a car pulled up to the house and a guy got out and came up to him on the verandah.
    Wanted to speak to my mates mum in law who shares the house with them.
    Who are you and what do you want is the typical response, so the guys says he's a detective and shows him a lanyard with his name on it.
    Lets see some proper idea says Z.
    Guy refuses and turns to leave, Z is in the house getting his phone to take pics of guy and car, but when he comes out guy is hightailing it out of there. 3k's of driveway so my mate thinks he'll get him before the gate. Does so, pulls up in front of the guy and gets out when the guy takes off again down the road. Z's in hot pursuit and pulls a maneuver where he slides across in front of the other car which then t bones him.
    Guy gets out of the car with his Glock and his badge and calls in the wagon and arrests my mate for DUI.
    First time i ever heard of a cop chase where the cops are the ones fleeing and the criminal is the one chasing. Like watching Benny Hill.

The story is so fucked it sounds made up, but usually cant make up dumb fuck real life, lol.

#7462 1 year ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

The story is so fucked it sounds made up, but usually cant make up dumb fuck real life, lol.

I had to drive him to the shops and take him home yesterday. Had a meeting with his lawyer while he was there. Said he'd never paid $850 for a cup of coffee before.

#7463 1 year ago

Man charged with high range PCA after crashing into police vehicle near Coffs Harbour
    Wednesday, 01 June 2022 08:55:15 AM

A man will appear in court today charged with high range PCA after allegedly crashing into a police vehicle north of Coffs Harbour yesterday.

About 3.15pm (Tuesday 31 May 2022), a detective senior constable attached to Mid North Coast Police District attended a home on Johnsons Road, Sandy Beach, and spoke to the occupants.

The officer left the home a short time later and drove away from the property.

He was followed by a vehicle allegedly driven by an occupant of the home and the two vehicles collided at the intersection of Johnsons Road and Solitary Islands Way.

The driver – a 50-year-old man – was subjected to a roadside breath test, which returned a positive result.

He was arrested and taken to Coffs Harbour Police Station, where he underwent a breath analysis which returned an alleged reading of 0.197.

The man was charged with knowingly drive vehicle in manner menaces other, drive recklessly/furiously or speed/manner dangerous, and drive with high range PCA.

He was refused bail and will appear at Port Macquarie Local Court today (Wednesday 1 June 2022).

The officer was uninjured during the incident.

https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/news?sq_content_src=%2BdXJsPWh0dHBzJTNBJTJGJTJGZWJpenByZC5wb2xpY2UubnN3Lmdvdi5hdSUyRm1lZGlhJTJGMTAxNjY0Lmh0bWwmYWxsPTE%3D

#7464 1 year ago

^^^ damn, that dude had a rough day!

#7465 1 year ago

Mother in laws 80 year old boyfriend had one of his outbuildings broken into a few years back. He calls the cops. He meets them at the building and had a few and they charged him with dui. Never heard of getting a dui on your own property. What a dumbass

#7466 1 year ago

What a great day. My fire extinguisher company that stops by once a year to service my fire extinguisher told me it was time for the hydrostatic test and stuff. Sounded pricey. I asked him how much for a new one ? Ten dollars more. Heck lets live it up. Brand new one.

Great company. Been helping me since 1973. First his dad and now the son.

LTG : )

DSC00649 (resized).JPGDSC00649 (resized).JPG
    #7467 1 year ago

Yeah bought 4 new fire extinguishers for my place at Christmas. Was surprised how cheap they were and how cheap the shipping was too.

#7468 1 year ago

I confess...when I was 6, I crawled in a hockey net and pretended I was baby.

#7469 1 year ago

Confess that I got my head stuck in a chair when I was a kid. Fortunately it was wood, not metal.

#7470 1 year ago

Got my arm caught up to the shoulder in a wringer about the same age.

#7471 1 year ago

Confess that when I read “Tales of the Arabian Nights” my brain automatically changes it to “TOTAN”. Same with TOM, TAF and all the other B/W games.

#7472 1 year ago

Confess this pic was not scripted and I was just taking a pic of my 9 and 10 year old daughters whooping my ass

5084B707-2657-44E5-9F2B-8048FD3A5BBC (resized).jpeg5084B707-2657-44E5-9F2B-8048FD3A5BBC (resized).jpeg
    #7473 1 year ago
    Quoted from DK:

Confess this pic was not scripted and I was just taking a pic of my 9 and 10 year old daughters whooping my ass
    [quoted image]

My daughter who is twenty eight routinely maintains the highest scores on my MMR. It doesn't matter how much I play the machine. She will come over and post a new high score.

She is getting married this July and I keep threatening her with my Funhouse as a wedding present. She thinks that Rudy is just so creepy. No way Dad: she wants Medieval Madness.

#7474 1 year ago

Cherry Ripe brownies were a hit. I found myself explaining to my mate about the second law of thermodynamics and that if we only banished oxygen, we'd live forever, defeat corrosion and the world would always be the same and not fall down.

Once i got the gist of it over to him, he said "But won't we suffocate?".

I said "Therein lies the rub".

thermo2.gifthermo2.gif

#7475 1 year ago
    Quoted from reynolds531:

My daughter who is twenty eight routinely maintains the highest scores on my MMR. It doesn't matter how much I play the machine. She will come over and post a new high score.
    She is getting married this July and I keep threatening her with my Funhouse as a wedding present. She thinks that Rudy is just so creepy. No way Dad: she wants Medieval Madness.

She’s a woman of good taste, obviously

#7476 1 year ago

I hate auto tune. Can't stand that sound it produces. Really cool the story behind it, but damn I hate that sound

#7477 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Confess that when I read “Tales of the Arabian Nights” my brain automatically changes it to “TOTAN”. Same with TOM, TAF and all the other B/W games.

Confess I am totally the opposite, and I never use any of the letters like that, unless I am posting in a "club" here.

Confess at times I will look at the top 100 here, and try to figure out just what game someone is posting these crazy letters about.

Confess I miss the good old days when I would post a book here, just too busy and tired anymore to have much to type about.

At least I can still say that nothing anywhere on this site that anyone posted has ever got on my nerves to leave a downvote.

A few times I have rolled my eyes when reading something, and that is it. No need for me to respond or downvote.

As long as Natty Light will always be available and cheap, I will always be mellow and easy to get along with.

I hope all of you are having a great week!

#7478 1 year ago

Confess I am totally the opposite, and I never use any of the letters like that, unless I am posting in a "club" here.
    Confess at times I will look at the top 100 here, and try to figure out just what game someone is posting these crazy letters about.
    Confess I miss the good old days when I would post a book here, just too busy and tired anymore to have much to type about.
    At least I can still say that nothing anywhere on this site that anyone posted has ever got on my nerves to leave a downvote.
    A few times I have rolled my eyes when reading something, and that is it. No need for me to respond or downvote.
    As long as Natty Light will always be available and cheap, I will always be mellow and easy to get along with.
    I hope all of you are having a great week!

Johnny, are you adopting? Asking for a friend

#7479 1 year ago

Almost had a Seinfeld moment the other day. I've always had a knack for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.

A buddies wife stopped by the yard sale I was having the other day. They've been trying to get pregnant for a couple years. Haven't seen her in about a year. Came this close to saying congratulations. Glad I didn't because it turns out she just got fat. Haha

#7480 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Almost had a Seinfeld moment the other day. I've always had a knack for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.
    A buddies wife stopped by the yard sale I was having the other day. They've been trying to get pregnant for a couple years. Haven't seen her in about a year. Came this close to saying congratulations. Glad I didn't because it turns out she just got fat. Haha

LMAO

#7481 1 year ago

I've spent a whole week at home sitting in the winter sunshine, drinking beer and eating brownies with mates at home. And i can do it for months at a time.

I never thought when i was working a job that this would be in my future.

It doesn't seem real.

#7482 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I've spent a whole week at home sitting in the winter sunshine, drinking beer and eating brownies with mates at home. And i can do it for months at a time.
    I never thought when i was working a job that this would be in my future.
    It doesn't seem real.

You have the life man.

#7483 1 year ago

I try not to take it for granted and to be grateful for my opportunities. Can slip away so quick.

My mum just had a stroke, so i know how fleeting fulfillment can be.

#7484 1 year ago

Punched through a plate glass door as a kid. Took a triangle of skin - all the layers, when I pulled back. Makes a nice scare

Quoted from punkin:

I try not to take it for granted and to be grateful for my opportunities. Can slip away so quick.
    My mum just had a stroke, so i know how fleeting fulfillment can be.

I hope she gets better. I know what it is to lose a parent. Like you, I am thankful for every day and say it each morning. Peace be with you.

#7485 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

My mum just had a stroke,

I hope she is doing good.

#7486 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I hope she is doing good.

All good, was just using it for an example of how grateful i am for what i have.

#7487 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Punched through a plate glass door as a kid. Took a triangle of skin - all the layers, when I pulled back. Makes a nice scare

I hope she gets better. I know what it is to lose a parent. Like you, I am thankful for every day and say it each morning. Peace be with you.

Hit a culvert on a dirt bike when I was 7 or 8. Flew over the handlebars and face slid across a gravel driveway. Left a nice scar above my eye and a nice scar on my knee

#7488 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Hit a culvert on a dirt bike when I was 7 or 8. Flew over the handlebars and face slid across a gravel driveway. Left a nice scar above my eye and a nice scar on my knee

Oh and sustained my first concussion

#7489 1 year ago

I confess I’ve learned quite a few of the letters, but still don’t know most.

#7490 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

8 years old, and already a man

We lived near the railroad tracks, and there was a great set of dirt jumps for motorcycles. My parents forbid us from going there, but my sister and I (9 and 10) went anyway. After the first big jump, I caught air and had an okay landing on the downside. But I hit a rock and got launched over my handlebars, and I got a bunch of dirt embedded in my lower lip. I was hurting, so we walked our bikes home. My sister backed me up in my lie about how it happened, and that was a real bonding moment for us.

If you don’t have scars by the time you’re 11, you haven’t lived.

#7491 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

8 years old, and already a man
    We lived near the railroad tracks, and there was a great set of dirt jumps for motorcycles. My parents forbid us from going there, but my sister and I (9 and 10) went anyway. After the first big jump, I caught air and had an okay landing on the downside. But I hit a rock and got launched over my handlebars, and I got a bunch of dirt embedded in my lower lip. I was hurting, so we walked our bikes home. My sister backed me up in my lie about how it happened, and that was a real bonding moment for us.

I confess I wish I had a bonding moment with my bro like you did with your sis. We're 6 years apart and only had music as a bond gowing up. We only chat maybe once a year and haven't seen him or his kids in at least 5 years

#7492 1 year ago

I racked my nuts once on the upper cross bar of my bike when I was 8. I was on a slope and just tipped right on over. That was pain.

#7493 1 year ago

Upvoting for “I racked my nuts”, which I haven’t heard in over 40 years.

#7494 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I got a bunch of dirt embedded in my lower lip.

When I was a kid we were playing baseball in the alley behind my house. We were using flattened trash can lids for bases.

I came running to first base, the lid slid out from under me and I banged my forehead into the cement alley. For many years a grain of sand would work it's way out of the skin. Still have a bit of a scar.

#7495 1 year ago

I got my nose bent sideways like Owen Wilson in a fight once. I was in grade 7 and he was in grade 9. Got a few good ones in b4 he cracked the topped of my nose. Went home and my brothers drummer reset it. Never went down but damn I saw stars after that one. Tought me a good life lesson which I carried forward and never lost a fight again. Hit someone in between their eyes to make them water then pounce if you don't think you can one punch them

#7496 1 year ago

I’ve never been on Facebook, twitter, instagram or any social media other than pinside and reddit

#7497 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Quoted from swampfire:

My sister backed me up in my lie about how it happened, and that was a real bonding moment for us.

Was 10 or so, and was standing on a fire hydrant (one leg each side) to impress a girl. Slipped and cracked my head on the hydrant, blood everywhere. My one year older brother took me home, washed me up. Never told mom, no stitches but probably should have. I am pretty sure the girl was not impressed.

Pretty much forgot about it until Basic Training in the Army when the hair got buzzed and there was the scar. In fact, it seemed like over half the platoon had various scars on their head...

#7498 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I’ve never been on Facebook, twitter, instagram or any social media other than pinside and reddit

If I could do things over again, I'd go this route...lol. Seems like now there's little that people agree on and it's just a place where people go to be combative. Also, people seem to get their jollies from trolling and being a contrarian for the sake of being one.

#7499 1 year ago

I jumped off a bridge when I was 15
    Sprained my wrist
    Friend broke his leg

#7500 1 year ago

I Confess:
    Wife said to me today; are you making nice with our next door neighbor? I said of course! (Told him to f-off this afternoon)

There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/150 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.