Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,550 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 251.
    #7201 1 year ago

Who shrunk the fuckin Chupa Chups????

#7202 1 year ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Thats where they failed miserably in Oslo, Norway. No regulations at all at first. We had like 30k of those e-scooters in a 600kish population. It was very, very bad. Now its regulated to 8k, I believe.

Confess that I’m watching a Norwegian series right now on HBO Max, “Welcome to UTMARK”. Good stuff.

#7203 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Confess that I’m watching a Norwegian series right now on HBO Max, “Welcome to UTMARK”. Good stuff.

Best Norwegian series is Ragnorok. Really good stuff. Cannot recommend enough - on Netflix.

#7204 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Confess that I’m watching a Norwegian series right now

Confess the only Norway stuff I know about is Captain Sid on Deadliest Catch, and right now he is actually back in Norway on a new boat trying to catch crab there.

#7205 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess i've lost most of my drive for new pinball machines.

Confess I have also.

But at least most of them hold their value or even increase in value these days, so nice that when in the mood, can get on a waitlist, for months, get a new game, play it for a year and sell it for a profit.

BUT! Because I never was into this to try to make money, I miss the old days when plenty of NIB pinball machines were in stock, and when in the mood I could make a phone call, and drive for a hour and then have a brand new game that may be a keeper, or may be sold later at a small money loss, but the fun had made the small money loss not important.

Confess I guess the fact that I no longer lose any money when selling a pin is probably a good thing, and will help me from ending up in a van down by the river.

#7206 1 year ago

Confess I have nothing better to do at 11:00 on a Saturday night than to try and ignite a paper towel with a flasher that’s stuck on

9AE6672B-4738-4359-89A7-595801E7CCF1 (resized).jpeg9AE6672B-4738-4359-89A7-595801E7CCF1 (resized).jpeg
    #7207 1 year ago

Actually found something that’s been annoying me for a long time.

Back in my day they didn’t have trough liners so I confess I’m going old school with a file, sandpaper and metal polish.

F9A2CBF9-EF00-4E03-A6AB-70122E37F3D1 (resized).jpegF9A2CBF9-EF00-4E03-A6AB-70122E37F3D1 (resized).jpeg
    #7208 1 year ago

I confess I bought 3 gallons of paint today with plans to actually paint the basement/arcade room. I went to move the machines and ended up playing all night!

#7209 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Best Norwegian series is Ragnorok. Really good stuff. Cannot recommend enough - on Netflix.

No, its not. Check out Lilyhammer.

#7210 1 year ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Already did, prefer Ragnorok.

#7211 1 year ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

It's great! Like the Soprano's in Norway.

#7212 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

It's great! Like the Soprano's in Norway.

Not my cup of tea - Sopranos, not a fan of the mob genres. Not to say that it's not appealing for others. Ragnarok is great if you like superheroes.

#7213 1 year ago

Confess I have missed making long posts here. I have just been busy and nothing really to talk about now.

#7214 1 year ago

Confess I miss the good old days, when MTV played music videos.

Confess these days I miss having a radio station in my area that plays new rock/alternative.

Confess anymore it seems anytime I find a radio station that I like, the format changes overnight, and freaks me out. At 6am I am like what? Yesterday this was a good station and today it is in another language?

Confess the oldies rock station here is still going strong, and while it used to bore the hell out of me, now Metallica is being played there sometimes, so at least they are updating a tad to some music I like.

Confess I love YouTube late at night having a few beers and wanting to hear some songs I have not heard in a long time.

Confess the commercials and having to hit the skip button on YouTube does not really bother me, I keep the sound off until the song I want starts to play.

Confess there is no way I will ever spend a dime on YouTube to avoid the commercials. BUT! if they ever did away with that, and went with the Wikipedia stuff to just ask for donations, I may would donate.

Confess the only thing that ticks me off about YouTube is the fact that some versions of songs I really like is no longer there for some reason. I think some users made their own videos and the videos were pulled and that sucked because I loved them.

Confess we have not turned on any games in at least a month now, just playing dominos.

Confess that while the Big Buck Hunter offline was expensive, I think it paid for itself at least 2-3 times over, versus what it costs at a arcade. (before I figured out how to set that game on free play, we was running about $30 worth of quarters through it ever 15 minutes it seemed like).

Confess I love Pinside! LTG always ready to help, and has very funny stories, and ForceFlow has helped a whole lot also, with advice about Word stuff on the computer and long ago helping to edit some stuff for me in a good way.

Confess while there are tons of awesome members here, Jay is way up at the top. Because of Jay we are about to vacation again to that place that he was always posting awesome pictures of.

Confess I hope to be on this site for many years to come, but don't worry about me if I do not make any posts for a week.

BUT! If I have not made any posts in 2 weeks, then yeah I am probably dead, I can not afford a 2 week vacation.

#7215 1 year ago

Spotify Premium.

The Business.

#7216 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

LTG always ready to help, and has very funny stories,

Sorry. Hasn't been much lately to remind me of funny stories.

Today would have been my ninth year with jjp. Two years since I got the email hoping I'd be with them a long time. And when their next game comes out will be the end of a full jjp line up in Minnesota.

Haven't heard from a couple friends, Dave a couple months and Bob over five months. I'm not used to no response and usually give up after a month and a half. People do go in and out of your life. I just hate losing them when I'm melancholy.

And Excelsior Blvd. is closed a mile and a half east of me, having a big impact on my business. Fortunately it should be open in fall. Crap.

With the exception of jjp, with my 50th Anniversary this fall. I really thought this was going to be my year.

And can't help think about people that were coming to my 50th Anniversary who are no longer with us.

Oh well. Maybe things will be looking up for my 60th Anniversary year. So I have that going for me.

LTG : )

#7217 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

And can't help think about people that were coming to my 50th Anniversary who are no longer with us.

Life is way too short.

Confess I plan to always work, never retire, BUT! I am going to always enjoy life as much as I can afford to.

I consider myself semi-retired. I have been self-employed for over 30 years now.

The last month I did work 7 days a week, but next week I will be back at my favorite fishing spot for a week.

I plan to keep taking vacations about every month the next few months.

I love most if the work I do, but my shoulders and knees and elbows are saying slow down.

Confess I will never have a gym membership, instead I will always get my exercise working and making a few bucks.

I do someday still hope to make it LTG's game room, but at the moment we are hooked on vacationing in Florida.

#7218 1 year ago

I confess if I sell a pinball machine later today I want to go shopping in brobra basement this weekend. Won’t be able to afford the Tommy even though I want it.

Once upon a time I did an even trade my RFM for someone else’s Tommy and Judge Dread.

The person I sold/ traded my Tommy to also got my CV years later. I wonder if he still has them. I wonder if he’s still into pinball.

#7219 1 year ago

Confess I will never have a gym membership, instead I will always get my exercise working and making a few bucks.

Same. I got my exercise equipment from my friends sister since she doesn’t need it where she is now (she’d laugh at that). PS F*** cancer.

I confess I can’t sit still either so that’s my exercise in a way.

I went to city hall to get a watering permit turns out they moved those to public works 4 minutes away. I thought about driving over there but then I said HELL NO I’ll use this as an excuse to be outside more. More exercise, be outside AND save water.

#7220 1 year ago

Got in trouble from my players for selling Tommy more than any other machine, even the Hobbit.

#7221 1 year ago

I confess i find it amusing when TD's & route owner's refer to local pinheads as 'theirs' !

#7222 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I confess i find it amusing when TD's & route owner's refer to local pinheads as 'theirs' !

Guilty.

#7223 1 year ago

Lots of people say it.. it's all good and if it's the worst thing you do today..well then I'd say you're doing it right my friend! Honestly, I'm sure your local pinheads are pretty fakkin grateful to you & your hospitality! You do it up right ..down there!

#7224 1 year ago

Thought i'd fess up. you owed me one.

You got me thinking too. Was planning on picking a fight with my best mate today over an unpaid debt.

Maybe i should leave that, but it's bothering me.

#7225 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess if I sell a pinball machine later today

Well it sold. Was really nice to meet ShrinerDave and wife. What's stupid is I already miss the game. What makes it stupid is because I have another of the same title. Couldn't be happier to see it go to a great collection!

#7226 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Thought i'd fess up. you owed me one.
    You got me thinking too. Was planning on picking a fight with my best mate today over an unpaid debt.
    Maybe i should leave that, but it's bothering me.

Tell him it's bugging you before you tell everyone else he's a welch! It will give him time to pretend he totally forgot and scrounge up your money! Not worth you feeling pissed off at your mate..gotta tell him to pay up!

#7227 1 year ago

Confess anymore it seems anytime I find a radio station that I like, the format changes overnight, and freaks me out. At 6am I am like what? Yesterday this was a good station and today it is in another language?

That's just shitty programming. Every format change I've survived happened in broad daylight, sometimes we'd even tease it or do some kind of stunting. The shitty part is when people who weren't directly involved in the old format's failure get axed.

Confess the oldies rock station here is still going strong, and while it used to bore the hell out of me, now Metallica is being played there sometimes, so at least they are updating a tad to some music I like.

Classic rock has evolved. Our CR station that used to be heavy on the Beatles, CSN, Elton John, etc. now cranks AC/DC, Van Halen, and now getting into the '90's with Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Nirvana, etc. But then again, Ten and Nevermind are 30 years old now. And the station's getting its best numbers in its 35+ year history in a classic rock format.

On the other hand, actual oldies - Beatles, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Elvis has made a comeback. We flipped one of our stations oldies last year and it's getting the best response that station's had in years.

I miss the days before deregulation hit in the '90's. What works for the mega companies doesn't work for everyone. Radio's supposed to be local. The automated EAS box that dumps into a record to announce a severe thunderstorm warning isn't a substitute for local content, but to some companies it is. And they can blow me.

Confess there is no way I will ever spend a dime on YouTube to avoid the commercials.

If you're watching YouTube on a PC - not on a TV or phone app - run an adblocker like uBlock Origin. You will not see any ads. I've also noticed it works in some situations on Peacock. I listen to a lot of music on YouTube and I don't deal with ads at all.

#7228 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007: Confess anymore it seems anytime I find a radio station that I like, the format changes overnight, and freaks me out. At 6am I am like what? Yesterday this was a good station and today it is in another language?

I can relate - in Los Angeles, there used to be AM radio stations that dealt with subject matter I enjoyed. They were bought and converted into lower-performing sports channels that did not make as much money. But now the entire city is without ANY radio stations covering the broadcasting they got rid of.

#7229 1 year ago
    Quoted from Becker34:

That's just shitty programming. Every format change I've survived happened in broad daylight,

Quoted from MtnFrost:

I can relate - in Los Angeles, there used to be AM radio stations that dealt with subject matter I enjoyed. They were bought and converted into lower-performing sports channels

I confess that long ago I did some road trips to some ok but not great amusement parks, just because they had decent radio stations there.

I confess in the morning I am leaving on a fishing vacation in FL, and I like that because there are some decent radio stations along the way.

I confess I already have notes in the truck about what radio station to turn to every step along the trip.

As a heads up, if you love country music or Mexican music, you will love it here.

Quoted from Becker34:

Classic rock has evolved. Our CR station that used to be heavy on the Beatles, CSN, Elton John, etc. now cranks AC/DC, Van Halen, and now getting into the '90's with Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Nirvana, etc.

Same here, and that is the only positive.

I confess I want to hear the latest, whether it be Awol Nation, Rise Against, The Killers, Modest Mouse, etc. and no station here is playing anything brand new now, when it comes to rock/alternative rock.

(well, some stations are, but not powerful enough to pick up in my area, and I am never in those areas to enjoy).

#7230 1 year ago

I also confess we are still playing Mexican Train dominos, and while ago my girlfriend one minute said she was not playing with me much longer, and the next minute wants to take the dominos on vacation with us. (I was still winning most of the time, so not sure what changed her mind).

HELL NO! I am going to be fishing, not playing any dominos while spending money on a trip.

I confess though, at least I can plan a fishing trip to the local lake here, and we can vacation here in the future and just play dominos and save a lot of money.

BUT! the radio stations still suck here, and for me I like to travel a little just to be able to hear a good radio station again.

I miss the good old days when I heard every new awesome alternative rock song a week before it was supposed to be released.

Now when I hear some awesome new song, it is actually 3-5 years old when I hear it now at best.

I love a lot of different types of music, and that one station, that one time, was so awesome for all of that and it was perfect.

I can YouTube bands, and hear what their new songs are, but for me anyway, I still like to hear new stuff on the radio.

I hope all of you have a GREAT WEEK!

(I will be fishing, and if I can remember that my phone is also a camera maybe I will have some pics later).

(I will not be on here, I use a computer with a full size keyboard on here, the phone is just too tiny for my fingers to even try to mess with any internet stuff). Yeah, I am old school.

#7231 1 year ago

Take the dominoes so you can play with her in between fishing time or when you have the rod(s) down . Be safe and have fun!

I also confess we are still playing Mexican Train dominos, and while ago my girlfriend one minute said she was not playing with me much longer, and the next minute wants to take the dominos on vacation with us. (I was still winning most of the time, so not sure what changed her mind).
    HELL NO! I am going to be fishing, not playing any dominos while spending money on a trip.
    I confess though, at least I can plan a fishing trip to the local lake here, and we can vacation here in the future and just play dominos and save a lot of money.
    BUT! the radio stations still suck here, and for me I like to travel a little just to be able to hear a good radio station again.
    I miss the good old days when I heard every new awesome alternative rock song a week before it was supposed to be released.
    Now when I hear some awesome new song, it is actually 3-5 years old when I hear it now at best.
    I love a lot of different types of music, and that one station, that one time, was so awesome for all of that and it was perfect.
    I can YouTube bands, and hear what their new songs are, but for me anyway, I still like to hear new stuff on the radio.
    I hope all of you have a GREAT WEEK!
    (I will be fishing, and if I can remember that my phone is also a camera maybe I will have some pics later).
    (I will not be on here, I use a computer with a full size keyboard on here, the phone is just too tiny for my fingers to even try to mess with any internet stuff). Yeah, I am old school.

#7232 1 year ago

It's Monday morning and the gyms not open next door.

Feels like the tide stopped coming in.

#7233 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

It's Monday morning and the gyms not open next door.
    Feels like the tide stopped coming in.

I just got an oil change. They were barely open cause their workers stopped coming in.

Only two people working there and a line of cars for the middle bay. I waited patiently and had a nice talk with them and thanked them for deciding to show up for work today.

#7234 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I just got an oil change. They were barely open cause their workers stopped coming in.
    Only two people working there and a line of cars for the middle bay. I waited patiently and had a nice talk with them and thanked them for deciding to show up for work today.

He must have just hada morning off, he was there in the afternoon.

I've been waiting a month for my appointment at the mechanics to get my wipers working. I hope it's not raining tomorrow as i won't be able to get there.

All mechanics are the same round here, weeks to get in for some reason.

#7235 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I've been waiting a month for my appointment at the mechanics to get my wipers working. I hope it's not raining tomorrow

Your auto parts stores have anything like Rain-X ? With that on your windshield you might not need wipers. Helps in an emergency if they aren't working.

#7236 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Your auto parts stores have anything like Rain-X ? With that on your windshield you might not need wipers. Helps in an emergency if they aren't working.

The auto parts stores are in where i have to drive too. None in my tiny town.

#7237 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

The auto parts stores are in where i have to drive too. None in my tiny town.

No idea if this will help.

My GMC truck had it's wipers stopped. I looked under the hood and saw a black plastic box mounted to the firewall with wires running to each wiper motor.

I opened it up. Had a circuit board in there. Not much to it. I unplugged it, brought it inside and reflowed the solder joints on the board. Plugged it back in. Worked fine after that.

#7238 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Rain X is awesome on the side mirrors and a backup camera if you have one.

#7239 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

No idea if this will help.
    My GMC truck had it's wipers stopped. I looked under the hood and saw a black plastic box mounted to the firewall with wires running to each wiper motor.
    I opened it up. Had a circuit board in there. Not much to it. I unplugged it, brought it inside and reflowed the solder joints on the board. Plugged it back in. Worked fine after that.

It was at the local mechanics a month ago for a couple of days. they traced it back to a signal from the rain sensor or the light sensor. They didn't want to start throwing parts at it, so said to take it to ford.

#7240 1 year ago

I fell off the thread 2 months ago but was able to get caught up today in 4 hours, wtf? I expected more of a commitment, but Johnny hasn’t been as verbose. What I remember reading from 11 pages was a post from Johnny on the adventures of selling a pin and a confession from Swampy about a missed sexual tryst while high. Hahahaha. You ever heard the song “Because I Got High” by Afroman? I was missing LTG’s daily dog post in the funny captions thread, but was glad to see his activity here. Found a meme for you LTG, see attached.

B7C6E705-D480-4B86-8105-3ED214F94135.jpegB7C6E705-D480-4B86-8105-3ED214F94135.jpeg

#7241 1 year ago

Just had a slice of burnt chocolate cheesecake for breakfast at 6 am.

#7242 1 year ago

I used the anti fog from my SCUBA mask. It works amazing!

#7243 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I used the anti fog from my SCUBA mask. It works amazing!

Oops, I thought u were just supposed to spit on your mask!

#7244 1 year ago

I don't have enough spit for a van screen.

#7245 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I fell off the thread 2 months ago but was able to get caught up today in 4 hours, wtf? I expected more of a commitment, but Johnny hasn’t been as verbose. What I remember reading from 11 pages was a post from Johnny on the adventures of selling a pin and a confession from Swampy about a missed sexual tryst while high. Hahahaha. You ever heard the song “Because I Got High” by Afroman? I was missing LTG’s daily dog post in the funny captions thread, but was glad to see his activity here. Found a meme for you LTG, see attached.
    [quoted image]

In my neck of the woods, right now filling all the fields up, there must be 20,000,000 geese hanging out eating before they fly further north

#7246 1 year ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

In my neck of the woods, right now filling all the fields up, there must be 20,000,000 geese hanging out eating before they fly further north

I find Canadian geese look way cooler than the average goose.

#7247 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Walk up to one and tell them how you feel! they are freaks and will come at ya like a spider-monkey!

#7248 1 year ago

Random story. This talk of geese just reminded me of this.
    I remember when I was young there was a park in my neighborhood with a lake in the middle of it. Me and my parents would sometimes go down there to feed the ducks seeds or bread or something. Then one day while we were doing that, this army of geese came swimming towards us. Ok, that was fine, I didn't care if the geese got some food as well. But once they reach the shore they start walking toward me and hissing. Keep in mind that at this age the geese were almost as tall as I was, so it was intimidating. Heck, I'd probably run away now, and I'm six feet tall. When I sprinted away they kept chasing and hissing at me (either they were surprisingly fast, or I was surprisingly slow). Finally I dropped the bread I was holding, which distracted them long enough for me to escape.

#7249 1 year ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

Random story. This talk of geese just reminded me of this.
    I remember when I was young there was a park in my neighborhood with a lake in the middle of it. Me and my parents would sometimes go down there to feed the ducks seeds or bread or something. Then one day while we were doing that, this army of geese came swimming towards us. Ok, that was fine, I didn't care if the geese got some food as well. But once they reach the shore they start walking toward me and hissing. Keep in mind that at this age the geese were almost as tall as I was, so it was intimidating. Heck, I'd probably run away now, and I'm six feet tall. When I sprinted away they kept chasing and hissing at me (either they were surprisingly fast, or I was surprisingly slow). Finally I dropped the bread I was holding, which distracted them long enough for me to escape.

You should have taken wing.

#7250 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Yeah, we just call them Geese.

There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/145?hl=ryguy80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.