Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,563 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by ReadyPO
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R0010429 (resized).jpg
    R0010431 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 252.
    #7151 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I used to try to make my collection eclectic - I tried to have lots of different manufacturers. It’s a great way to get exposure to lots of variety. But as I get older I’m focusing on just a few eras and manufacturers. I could be very happy with a collection that consisted of only:
    - Gottlieb EMs
    - ‘79-81 Bally
    - 2010 and later Stern
    It helps to have collector friends who have their own focus. I have a buddy who has most of the Spooky games, for example.

In the last 3 years i've been picking up the last of the "I REALLY enjoy playing this pin" pins and it's funny you clumped those eras, as that was my collection until Covid where I started collecting WPC pins and sold off most of the '10 Sterns and Ballys.

Confess I personally enjoy a "simpler" time in pinball.

#7152 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I used to try to make my collection eclectic - I tried to have lots of different manufacturers. It’s a great way to get exposure to lots of variety. But as I get older I’m focusing on just a few eras and manufacturers. I could be very happy with a collection that consisted of only:
    - Gottlieb EMs
    - ‘79-81 Bally
    - 2010 and later Stern
    It helps to have collector friends who have their own focus. I have a buddy who has most of the Spooky games, for example.

For me, it's always been Bally 80-82, Stern early 80s, and just now I'm considering 90s pins.

#7153 1 year ago

Attack from Mars, would be my top Bally 90's, and a great introduction to owning a modern, ramp focused machine. Even better if you get a CGC.

#7154 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Attack from Mars, would be my top Bally 90's, and a great introduction to owning a modern, ramp focused machine. Even better if you get a CGC.

Fuckin A man. AFM is Bally/Williams pinball royalty. A pin so good I own one in the office and one on location!

Only thing I would contest is the CGC AFMs. They’re great, and I’ve own many of them, but for a personal collection AFM you GOTTA go OG.

#7155 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

For me, it's always been Bally 80-82, Stern early 80s, and just now I'm considering 90s pins.

Supersonic and Paragon is fun pinball and it was 1979. Admit it!

#7156 1 year ago
    Quoted from DK:

Fuckin A man. AFM is Bally/Williams pinball royalty. A pin so good I own one in the office and one on location!
    Only thing I would contest is the CGC AFMs. They’re great, and I’ve own many of them, but for a personal collection AFM you GOTTA go OG.

Just sold Medieval Madness after a couple of months here cause AFM is a better game.

AndPretttierPunkin

#7157 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Just sold Medieval Madness after a couple of months here cause AFM is a better game.

Agreed Senor Punkin

#7158 1 year ago

punkin7 (resized).jpgpunkin7 (resized).jpg

#7159 1 year ago

I confess I played grand lizard for the first time and really liked it!

6B01AF1E-BA40-479B-B762-45566050F4DB (resized).jpeg6B01AF1E-BA40-479B-B762-45566050F4DB (resized).jpeg
    #7160 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Confess I got bitchy with someone at work today, and I still feel good about it.
    Him: I need you to double-click on that with the vendor
    Me: What, how do I “double click” on a problem
    Him: You know, double-click
    Me: I have no idea what you mean.
    Him: [sighs impatiently] I mean I need you to push them on their answer.
    Me: Oh, well why didn’t you just say that?
    I knew damned well what he meant by “double click on that”, but I don’t accept that corporate lingo.

I had a manager not long ago that, I swear to God, she had a "Corporate Word of the Day" calendar and would drop the latest buzzword at every friggin' meeting - "Well let's see who has the bandwidth for this project"........

#7161 1 year ago
    Quoted from DK:

If you have people over often give Alien Star a try. Dry rules but damn, that game in multiplayer is f’ing amazing.
    As for the DE pins, check out Laser War (a lot of interesting shit) or the late DE/SEGA stuff. Rules are simple but addicting

I confess I don't understand the appeal of more than one players on a pinball. My BW says up to 6 and who the hell would want to wait that long between balls. I would much rather takes turns after playing all 3 balls.

#7162 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:For me, it's always been Bally 80-82, Stern early 80s, and just now I'm considering 90s pins.

I'm like the reverse. Started off with 90s B/W pins. Glitz and glamour. Then got bitten by Spooky games and now early 80's solid states. Love playing older EMs now. Still haven't really met a modern Stern game I love other than Elivra and honorable mention to GB/LZ/Stranger Things/Walking Dead/Metallica. I wouldn't mind owning a few, but when so many of my local friends have them all, it's hard to justify.

And yes, AFM > MM.

#7163 1 year ago
    Quoted from damadczar:

I'm like the reverse. Started off with 90s B/W pins. Glitz and glamour. Then got bitten by Spooky games and now early 80's solid states. Love playing older EMs now. Still haven't really met a modern Stern game I love other than Elivra and honorable mention to GB/LZ/Stranger Things/Walking Dead/Metallica. I wouldn't mind owning a few, but when so many of my local friends have them all, it's hard to justify.
    And yes, AFM > MM.

Who doesn't love Elvira? Any of them! Never could understand the appeal of EMs, guess I'm too much a child of the 70s, when technology skyrocketed to the masses. Some have fun art though. Agree with you on the modern stuff. I never understood the idea of a screen you have to look at which a) stops the gameplay action, and b) takes your eye off the ball. Literally.

#7164 1 year ago
    Quoted from damadczar:

And yes, AFM > MM.

Tron.

One of the best, if not the best, game i've ever played.

#7165 1 year ago

May the Fourth be with You!

I believe if you love pinball but think saying this is too geeky, you are in the wrong hobby.

#7166 1 year ago

I don't have a clue what you are talking about, so i better sell my machines.

Some kind of star wars thing?

#7167 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

May the Fourth = May 4th = Today's date

#7168 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Tron.

TRON has a special place in my heart.
    I made a killing when I had mine on route back in 2010. Sold it around 2012. I bought one again in 2018 or so and routed it and it made a fraction of what it had earned prior. Only pin people know how fun it is and theme, sadly, is king for location pinball in my area imo

#7169 1 year ago
    Quoted from DK:

May the Fourth = May 4th = Today's date

Get with the times.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#7170 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

It's a fun saying people who like science fiction, comics, pinball machines - (pretty much most who ever lived in the arcade, if you think about it) - a little celebration of Star Wars.

#7171 1 year ago

Dunno, seems like too different things, but anyway. Happy May the fourth to you Sir, from the future.

#7172 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

May the Fourth be with You!

And also with you.

(Sorry that’s my ingrained Methodist response to that when I hear it. Lol)

#7173 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Tron.

I confess I've barely played Tron.

The one time I played it was at Disney World, and it was a piss poor example. Unmaintained. Didn't walk away with the best impression.

That being said, I'd love to play a nice, well maintained copy. I love the theme and sounds on it.

#7174 1 year ago
    Quoted from damadczar:

I confess I've barely played Tron.
    The one time I played it was at Disney World, and it was a piss poor example. Unmaintained. Didn't walk away with the best impression.
    That being said, I'd love to play a nice, well maintained copy. I love the theme and sounds on it.

It's the spinning disc that gives the joy, i've seen balls do U turns and walk backwards up ramps, come back up outlanes etc.

Yesterday i was playing and it spat the ball out lightning fast, but there was so much spin on the ball that it came down in a long loop in slow motion, kissed the flipper and rolled halfway up the inlane in slow motion.

Brings a smile to everyone's face and it's fast taking over Deadpool and Rob Zombie as peoples favourite machine.

#7175 1 year ago
    DCB8798A-8972-466F-B501-70A99C3C0376 (resized).jpegDCB8798A-8972-466F-B501-70A99C3C0376 (resized).jpeg
    #7176 1 year ago

I think the next day is “revenge of the 6th”! Lol!

#7177 1 year ago

My mum was right when she called me uncontrollable all those years.

I'm nearly sixty and i'm listening to punk rock at a level that annoys the whole suburb.

My ex said it best.

"You're a bad man Smith".

#7178 1 year ago

And now i have skin off my elbows from playing handball with an eight year old this afternoon (he trashed me).

This is what life was supposed to be about.

#7179 1 year ago

fucked up post

#7180 1 year ago

Confess that the more I play Rolling Stones, the more it reminds me of Iron Man. But with much better flow. Yeah, Mick is blocking one of the shots at all times, but the rest of them are wide open. And you can paint him into a corner, which helps. The rules are very similar to IM, which not surprising given that they’re just a year apart, and Lonnie was following a well-worn groove by then. But I confess I actually like the code a lot. It’s all about building up stacks and cashing them out.

The thing they have the most in common - they both kick my ass with the outlanes set to “conservative”.

#7181 1 year ago

I havent touched a game in months. Finished an EK restore around Xmas and that was it. Don't even wanna look at one.

#7182 1 year ago

I confess I sometimes wanna trade half my collection for older 80s SS. Two SS for every DMD. Would be amazing.

#7183 1 year ago
    Quoted from damadczar:

I confess I sometimes wanna trade half my collection for older 80s SS. Two SS for every DMD. Would be amazing.

Judging by what I've been seeing, there are several 80s SS machines that are commanding more than some DMD machines. Fathom, Centaur, Star Gazer come to mind.

#7184 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Judging by what I've been seeing, there are several 80s SS machines that are commanding more than some DMD machines. Fathom, Centaur, Star Gazer come to mind.

Yeah but there are plenty of great SS games for $2500-$4k.

#7185 1 year ago

I confess I went up and down on a ladder 20 or 30 times today. Normally don’t do that at work. Going to be painful getting up tomorrow morning.

#7186 1 year ago

Lyft scooters appeared on the boulevard in front of SS Billiards.

I wonder if they'll be used ? I wonder if they'll disappear ?

LTG : )

DSC00632 (resized).JPGDSC00632 (resized).JPG
    #7187 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

These are awesome, in CA at the beaches you find the most, and by different companies. Use one! They pay private contractors to go around and pick them up, charge them, and then drop them back off. Beats cars on busy, narrow streets!

#7188 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

These are awesome, in CA at the beaches you find the most, and by different companies. Use one! They pay private contractors to go around and pick them up, charge them, and then drop them back off. Beats cars on busy, narrow streets!

Old town Scottsdale FULL of them on the sidewalks, that's the first place I had seen them

#7189 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

These have caused so much problems around here, perhaps mostly due to poor regulation but how I fucking hate those left everywhere, in the middle of the street, causing problems for people with bad eye sight and what not.

#7190 1 year ago

Confess i've lost most of my drive for new pinball machines. Looked through the top 100 and there is not 10 there that i want but don't have.

This is probably a good thing according to last years tax return.

#7191 1 year ago

I received a Dango tactical wallet for my birthday quite a while ago. I thought it was a rip off but it has actually come in handy quite a few times. Early this morning I broke the multi tool, and didn’t realize how many times I use it during the day until it was gone. I have to order a new multi tool now.

#7192 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I received a Dango tactical wallet for my birthday quite a while ago. I thought it was a rip off but it has actually come in handy quite a few times. Early this morning I broke the multi tool, and didn’t realize how many times I use it during the day until it was gone. I have to order a new multi tool now.

I never went anywhere without my Leatherman in my pocket when i worked a job. Even going camping or fishing for the weekend it would get used many times a day. That's how people trying out to be in my team knew they'd succeeded. I'd let them choose a Leatherman and sign for it with my order book.

Nowadays i mostly don't even have pockets, let alone tools. Gym shorts and a singlet or T shirt.

#7193 1 year ago

In California the third party scooter frenzy started off great, then over the last few years became a glutted trip-over-the-cycles market and they have gone away in some areas because of complaints of people dropping them off on people's lawns, driveways, blocking business entrances, etc. With the high price of gas wonder how the trucks going around tracking their GPS locations and picking up or moving them is working out or impeding business.

Private sales of e-scooters out here have gone up as individuals have wanted their own e-scooter.

I confess I own three Costco e-scooters. My son and I each have a pure electrical one and I sprung for one with pedals/electric for what I have that masochistic streak to pedal a bit on the pedal to build up electrical speed section. The raw pedal power without the e-boost is leg building and tiring for me.

I confess to also going weeks at a time without plunking my butt down on one of them.

Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

#7194 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinball2020:

With the high price of gas wonder how the trucks going around tracking their GPS locations and picking up or moving them is working out or impeding business.

With the high price of gas they make a lot of sense, and they are mostly a benefit to the community and to the businesses, but I have read some of what you are saying. And accidents for these tend to be as much as motorcycles, or more in some places - but trying to find parking on the West side and near the beach can take you a long time sitting in traffic and there is no such thing as free parking anywhere. Better to use bikes and these scooters - but wisely, right?

#7195 1 year ago

I agree in spirit and practice because I will sometimes take a scooter rather than a car for a jaunt to mail a letter etc but got it pretty bad Downtown and in some communities with e-scooters blocking things. Locally people were leaving them in front of driveways in my neighborhood and I would lift them and put them at the corner. Some neighborhood kids just started breaking them as well.

Edit: It would also be sporadic in seeing people actually wearing helmets while scooting. To your point, a spill or hit by vehicle on a scooter is going to be a bad day.

Yes, they are great for oceanfront parking . Now I miss not living in Santa Monica .

Quoted from MtnFrost:

With the high price of gas they make a lot of sense, and they are mostly a benefit to the community and to the businesses, but I have read some of what you are saying. And accidents for these tend to be as much as motorcycles, or more in some places - but trying to find parking on the West side and near the beach can take you a long time sitting in traffic and there is no such thing as free parking anywhere. Better to use bikes and these scooters - but wisely, right?

#7196 1 year ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

These have caused so much problems around here, perhaps mostly due to poor regulation but how I fucking hate those left everywhere, in the middle of the street, causing problems for people with bad eye sight and what not.

Those just got approved here, and I really hope they don't become a problem.

#7197 1 year ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Those just got approved here, and I really hope they don't become a problem.

Shouldn't, as long as they are regulated well. They are fun and easy if you use them as intended.

#7198 1 year ago

- We've had those scooters for a few years here. The biggest problem is people use them and just dump them wherever. See a lot of them in front yards. There doesn't seem to be too much asshattery other than that since the kids still have late model Kia's and Hyundai's to easily steal.

- The amateur radio discussion gave me flashbacks to when I started in... uhhh... professional(?) radio (AM/FM) 30 years ago. You needed an FCC Class 3 radiotelephone operators license to run the board. Up until the late '80's or so you needed to go to the nearest field office to take a written exam. They discontinued the test a year or 2 before I got my license, all I had to do was send $35 to the feds. It was free a few years after and before long only the station's engineer needed to be licensed. The airstaff's licenses were kept in a binder in the studio (in the event of a field inspector dropping by). It was fun to go through it to see who was using a fake name. I still have mine somewhere.

It's been 20 years since I've taken transmitter readings. Had to take them every other hour and sign on and off on a paper log. That's all automated now. Power on/off can be handled remotely, usually only the engineer has the code/password to kill the transmitter now. I remember when one guy got fired - which is a fun story on its own - he sat up all weekend drinking and randomly shutting down the transmitter because they didn't change the passcode. The transmitter controls could be accessed via phone and he had them memorized from calling in to get readings.

#7199 1 year ago

Thats where they failed miserably in Oslo, Norway. No regulations at all at first. We had like 30k of those e-scooters in a 600kish population. It was very, very bad. Now its regulated to 8k, I believe.

#7200 1 year ago

Confess the ballsave on Star Trek Next Gen is utter bullshit

There are 12,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/144?hl=ryguy80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.