Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,563 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 minutes ago by ReadyPO
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R0010429 (resized).jpg
    R0010431 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 252.
    #7001 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Yep...never a good thing if it came back that the kids were 15% milkman & 15% neighbor...

There is a episode of 2 and a 1/2 men where they talk about Jake and at the end show the milkman, postman and another who all look like a grown up version of Jake. One of the funniest ones.

#7002 2 years ago

I confess I did too much yard work yesterday afternoon. My sinuses/ allergies are acting up. The good news I can practice the troll sound from Big Guns and I'm close to perfecting it.

#7003 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I watched Jeopardy tonight for the first time in years and killed it. Had at least 20 answers, swept the golf category and nailed final Jeopardy. Made me feel smart for a change.

I took down Saskatchewan's Smartest radio listener one day on CKOM. I called in and nailed it as first caller without and hints. Couldn't believe the Q was something I knew. My phone blew up after that, lol

#7004 2 years ago

Confess that 24 is actually a pretty good game with great theme integration, easy to understand rules and some challenging shots. I'm half way to the GC score already.

#7005 2 years ago

Go get ‘em Tiger!

#7006 2 years ago

I have a question. What is the piece that goes between the legs and the machine? And where does everyone get it?

#7007 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

What is the piece that goes between the legs and the machine? And where does everyone get it?

Cabinet protectors - http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?

LTG : ))

#7008 2 years ago

Thank you! LTG!

#7009 2 years ago

I was supposed to get my Black Spider-Man today. It passed my house went 4 hours away to Toronto and will come back 4 hours to Windsor on Monday! I think Canadian Government should rethink having the hub in Toronto! If they put it in Windsor it will save us all time and money! Not to mention the time of the truckers that could thanks more loads to their customers!

#7010 2 years ago

I miss my spidey. Great game!

#7011 2 years ago

Can’t wait to get it! I’m so excited! If you are ever here we will play a few games!

Quoted from EJS:I miss my spidey. Great game!

#7012 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I was supposed to get my Black Spider-Man today. It passed my house went 4 hours away to Toronto and will come back 4 hours to Windsor on Monday! I think Canadian Government should rethink having the hub in Toronto! If they put it in Windsor it will save us all time and money! Not to mention the time of the truckers that could thanks more loads to their customers!

I just had something come from Amazon. Went from Oregon, to Vancouver, then to Toronto, then 1 week back to Edmonton. Glad I didn't have to pay extra for wasted gas on that one

#7013 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

Can’t wait to get it! I’m so excited! If you are ever here we will play a few games!

Congratulations on the game, I've always wanted a spider man, never able to find one yet

#7014 2 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

Congratulations on the game, I've always wanted a spider man, never able to find one yet

Good luck! I hope you get one!

#7015 2 years ago

It’s very surprising that we don’t have hubs at each US port! We could save so much money and time! Add careers, and still save money! Everything is about Toronto and Ottawa! Not to rant but it’s just common sense!

Quoted from jesperpark:I just had something come from Amazon. Went from Oregon, to Vancouver, then to Toronto, then 1 week back to Edmonton. Glad I didn't have to pay extra for wasted gas on that one

#7016 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

It’s very surprising that we don’t have hubs at each US port! We could save so much money and time! Add careers, and still save money! Everything is about Toronto and Ottawa! Not to rant but it’s just common sense!

Been a while but when I used to buy off ebay they created hubs. I'd buy something from Montana. They'd ship it to Tennessee or west Virginia, then over west to Texas or California. Up to Vancouver where I'd get slapped with duty, then over to Saskatchewan.

#7017 2 years ago

I confess that I miss my Stern SM.

Lyman’s last update on that pin made it a true masterpiece (2.24 if I recall).

I’ll probably be in the market for one in 9 months or so to put on route for everyone including myself to play.

#7018 2 years ago

That’s the newest (most likely final) Stern Spider-Man code

#7019 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I have a question. What is the piece that goes between the legs and the machine? And where does everyone get it?

That's your arms, mine came with my legs.

I think Spiderman was the first machine i sold. Just didn't like it at all.

#7020 2 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

That’s the newest (most likely final) Stern Spider-Man code

Is that the one they use in the vault edition?

I’ve played one of those at my friends clubhouse for his homeowners association and I swear every shot there is some commentating dry humor almost like someone is talking to you the entire game. It’s like they tried too hard.

#7021 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Is that the one they use in the vault edition?
    I’ve played one of those at my friends clubhouse for his homeowners association and I swear every shot there is some commentating dry humor almost like someone is talking to you the entire game. It’s like they tried too hard.

Good question
    I know some of the vault modes are different than the OG Spider-Man. Don’t know if you can put one code in another

#7022 2 years ago

Confess I love hosting my local casual pinball league (no IFPA points). It was my first attempt at cooking for 16 people all by myself, and I think it went well! Forgot to take pics of my taco spread. Pops for 1st and 2nd place.

9AF42FB8-2E14-43C9-80EB-4C8240133132 (resized).jpeg9AF42FB8-2E14-43C9-80EB-4C8240133132 (resized).jpeg
    #7023 2 years ago

I confess I really don't care about pinball cabinets being perfect. And that I love the pic of men holding funko pop characters. Total vindication for mine.

#7024 2 years ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

I confess I really don't care about pinball cabinets being perfect. And that I love the pic of men holding funko pop characters. Total vindication for mine.

You play the playfield, not the cabinet. As my friend says.

#7025 2 years ago

I confess I saved one pumpkin spiced coffee last fall and drank it this morning.

36C10FF2-2E10-48FF-8B28-1877399069EC (resized).jpeg36C10FF2-2E10-48FF-8B28-1877399069EC (resized).jpeg
    #7026 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I saved one pumpkin spiced coffee last fall and drank it this morning.

Serious question - how did it taste? We don't drink coffee and keep a cheap 5 cup maker in the house for guests, but regular coffee is not very shelf stable. I thought maybe K-cups would be a good solution as I read they keep longer.

Thoughts?

#7027 2 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Serious question - how did it taste? We don't drink coffee and keep a cheap 5 cup maker in the house for guests, but regular coffee is not very shelf stable. I thought maybe K-cups would be a good solution as I read they keep longer.
    Thoughts?

Tastes like I bought them yesterday.

K cups have a respectable shelf life. I just looked at a 120 pack I got from Costco just over a year ago. Their “best by” date is July 2023 and it’s the Kirkland brand so it’s not the fancy stuff either.

I only drink 1 cup per day so those big fancy brewers are not for me.

1) they have magnetic pump valves that leak and rust.
    2) the water would sit for days which is kind of creepy
    3) I don’t need hot water on standby for a follow up cup.

Here’s my little work horse I don’t think it was more than $60 or $80 but I could be off with todays prices.

6A0F0FB1-DD73-44B7-B20C-190960E27AA7 (resized).jpeg6A0F0FB1-DD73-44B7-B20C-190960E27AA7 (resized).jpeg
    #7028 2 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

We don't drink coffee

I used to hate coffee up until recently so I can relate.

If you buy a brewer you can explore other hot drinks too if you like hot chocolate cappuccino or tea or who knows what else is out there.

#7029 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

If you buy a brewer you can explore other hot drinks too if you like hot chocolate cappuccino or tea or who knows what else is out there.

Ok good info and we are Sam's members, they have the same type of thing. Looks like machines around $75. And some of the flavors don't sound bad (like the Pumpkin Spice you just had). Will give it a try, thanks.

#7030 2 years ago

I would avoid Keurig and similar devices - I tried to repair one once, and they literally sealed the unit so you cannot take it apart to clean it. As people who repair pinball machines, you understand. The water deposits build up until it stops working. Plus, the little plastic cups are horrible for the environment (although I have seen a few bio-degradable choices).

As a coffee aficionado, buy the beans whole and store them in the fridge, grind what you need daily for the freshest cup.

Finally, as a kid getting ready for school every morning at sunrise, my father used to sit with a cup of coffee. I dreamed of the day I could share a cup as an adult with him. When I finally got the chance decades later, I found out he had been using instant - the foulest fake coffee stuff on the planet. Enjoyed the moment, but not the cup!

#7031 2 years ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

(although I have seen a few bio-degradable choices).

Cameron’s 100% biodegradable and delicious

#7032 2 years ago

I confess to reading and thinking more about pinball than playing it.

#7033 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Cameron’s 100% biodegradable and delicious

Yup.

#7034 2 years ago

I confess I said I'd never cry over a dog again that wasn't mine but broke that today. I'm a emotional wreck over the dog across the street. And I don't even want him but can't stand to see a dog be put down.

#7035 2 years ago

Sounds like we have a new dog. Tomorrow they're supposed him drop off with us. We realize he's only got a couple years left but we'll made the best of it. # Can't wait

#7036 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Sounds like we have a new dog.

Confess I really wish you and the dog the BEST!

#7037 2 years ago

I confess I had to fix my first rat trap today.

Runout switch.

Yes the pinball kind of rat trap.

#7039 2 years ago

Confess I do not trust Microsoft and all of their upgrades that I do not want.

I swear in the past there were times on a older computer that after they pulled the crap I had to take time and find a restore feature, to remove all that crap that was added that slowed my computer down.

For weeks now I have not turned off my computer, because I know when I do Windows 11 will get installed, which I do not want.

I am happy with this computer the way it is.

Another reason I do not trust Microsoft is because Word used to be free, but now they charge for that.

Thanks again ForceFlow for telling me about Libre Office, I love that!

It is funny that if I put any Libre Office on my desktop, and click on it, Word pops up wanting money for me to use it.

So far Libre Office has worked awesome and just no shortcut to it.

Confess I would not doubt but what the Windows 11, that will eventually be added when I have to turn my computer off for a thunderstorm or if going out of town, takes away the ability to use Libre Office period.

Confess I will go back to using a pen and paper, before I ever pay Microsoft some monthly or yearly fee.

#7040 2 years ago

I confess for about 3 weeks now, we have not turned any pinball machines or arcade games on.

We are still playing Mexican Train dominos 4 hours a night. That game is highly addictive.

#7041 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Confess I do not trust Microsoft and all of their upgrades that I do not want.
    I swear in the past there were times on a older computer that after they pulled the crap I had to take time and find a restore feature, to remove all that crap that was added that slowed my computer down.
    For weeks now I have not turned off my computer, because I know when I do Windows 11 will get installed, which I do not want.
    I am happy with this computer the way it is.
    Another reason I do not trust Microsoft is because Word used to be free, but now they charge for that.
    Thanks again ForceFlow for telling me about Libre Office, I love that!
    It is funny that if I put any Libre Office on my desktop, and click on it, Word pops up wanting money for me to use it.
    So far Libre Office has worked awesome and just no shortcut to it.
    Confess I would not doubt but what the Windows 11, that will eventually be added when I have to turn my computer off for a thunderstorm or if going out of town, takes away the ability to use Libre Office period.
    Confess I will go back to using a pen and paper, before I ever pay Microsoft some monthly or yearly fee.

Believe it or not, MS has the cheapest cloud storage by far. I've got Office 365 Family which includes 5 TB of cloud storage for I think I paid ~$35/year. I bought as many years as they would let me. That ain't the normal price but it is discounted pretty regularly every year.

#7042 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:Confess I really wish you and the dog the BEST!

Thanks Johnny. We're taking him to the dog wash tomorrow.

#7043 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Sounds like we have a new dog. Tomorrow they're supposed him drop off with us. We realize he's only got a couple years left but we'll made the best of it.

Bless you. Huge thank you.

LTG : )

#7044 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Tastes like I bought them yesterday.
    K cups have a respectable shelf life. I just looked at a 120 pack I got from Costco just over a year ago. Their “best by” date is July 2023 and it’s the Kirkland brand so it’s not the fancy stuff either.
    I only drink 1 cup per day so those big fancy brewers are not for me.
    1) they have magnetic pump valves that leak and rust.
    2) the water would sit for days which is kind of creepy
    3) I don’t need hot water on standby for a follow up cup.
    Here’s my little work horse I don’t think it was more than $60 or $80 but I could be off with todays prices.[quoted image]

I confess to owning a Keurig, but not using it for coffee. We love ours for the hot cocoa and hot apple cider K cups.

#7045 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Sounds like we have a new dog.

I confess that i want to see photos of your new dog, hopefully with all four legs ( on Dog Rules thread), but if it be 3 thats OK too.
    You are the saint.

#7046 2 years ago

I confess if May doesn't warm up in our area (it's only been 60 degrees or above twice this year according to our backyard weather station), it will be time to start looking at homes down south for sale. My wife took a bunch of kids to Nashville on a school trip before Easter and loved it. These 9 month winters are for the birds.

#7047 2 years ago

Instead of an NES, Sega, or TurboGrafx 16, I had this, a game called Parsec, and a 1956 Gottlieb Auto Race Woodrail growing up in the 1980’s.

2DBC1F89-C1DE-4CF4-8809-D12C5BED27B3 (resized).jpeg2DBC1F89-C1DE-4CF4-8809-D12C5BED27B3 (resized).jpeg
    #7048 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

I confess that i want to see photos of your new dog, hopefully with all four legs ( on Dog Rules thread), but if it be 3 thats OK too.
    You are the saint.

Well I have some sad news to share. He's in so much pain that he can't get up or move. The owners and their kids made the decision last night to put him down. There's nothing we can really do for him besides supplying him with cbd oil and metcam to help with the pain until they take him in tomorrow. I'd go take some pics of him but don't think I could handle seeing him just laying there lethargic.

#7049 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Well I have some sad news to share. He's in so much pain that he can't get up or move. The owners and their kids made the decision last night to put him down. There's nothing we can really do for him besides supplying him with cbd oil and metcam to help with the pain until they take him in tomorrow. I'd go take some pics of him but don't think I could handle seeing him just laying there lethargic.

This makes me think of my acupuncturist. He practices in 3 places. Albuquerque, Saint Paul and Northfield he’s in such high demand. He can work miracles. He mostly works on us humans but also takes care of other critters including dogs, cats, exotic birds and to my surprise, even snakes. I think an iguana too.

#7050 2 years ago

I confess I’m at discount tire looking around the showroom. They have lots of space. I bet they could easily fit 30 pinballs in here.

There are 12,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/141 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.