Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,560 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by brobra
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 252.
    #6751 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

The other one i'd suggest if you don't need two ass kickers is CGC remake of Attack From mars. You'll never get sick of it because there is so many goals and ways to approach the game.

That sounds like my Oktoberfest. So many choices and different ways to play the game.

Along with TWD, Oktoberfest is not going anywhere, even though my girlfriend hates it because of all the choices.

Confess we played a few games on the Zombie All Stars pitch and bat while ago, for the first time in a long time.

I never plan to sell that game, because it is different, and I like variety. I loved pitch and bats when I was a kid, always wanted one, and this is a cool one.

Confess I just ordered a Godzilla premium. By no means not my theme, but certain others on this site have talked about how fun it is that I want one here for a while myself now.

Soon, I will list my Elvira here for sale. Not my theme either, but it has been a very fun game to play for almost a year now.

I have bought and sold a lot of awesome pinball machines through the years, and while TWD is not my theme, I just like it, and Oktoberfest is more my theme with beer stuff and the rollercoaster, and just so many different ways to play it.

3 pins are enough for me, along with all of the other variety I have.

TWD and OKT are not going anywhere soon, the 3rd pin is the flavor of the month that I also want to try out here in my home.

Confess for the first time in a long while, we dusted off the ping pong table and had a lot of fun with that for about an hour.

Pinball is by far the best, but variety is very nice also.

#6752 2 years ago

Played a Godzilla last year, couldn't tell the diff between it and the Avengers that was next to it, both looked and played the same.

Neither of them my thing but they were sort of fun. Definitely not the immersion i look for in pinball. I hope you like it, but i'm afraid you may not.

Won't matter though, like Jurassic Park it's popular enough that you'll never loose money on it.

#6753 2 years ago

Confess my girlfriend is a tad upset at me for the way I have been talking to my uncle on the phone.

Confess I really do not care, because he has been a dick for so long, that at one time I did not even talk to him at all for about 5 years.

He can be very helpful and awesome, and he can be a dick.

Recently he has made comments that he does not want anyone telling him what to do, WELL, I hated that shit myself all the years that he was telling me what I needed to do. (and I was not telling him what to do, he was talking about others).

Confess I am getting sick and tired of my uncle wanting to buy good deals on old cars, and guns, and whatever else, and then asking if I can store that for him.

HELL NO!

I am living my life, I have a certain amount of space, and I want my space filled with games that I want to enjoy while I am alive.

He has way more money than sense, and does not even stop and think about where and what he will actually do with something before he buys it.

Hell, he already owns the house next to his, and uses that house just for more storage capacity.

My girlfriend wants me to kiss his ass because I stand to inherit a lot from him if I outlive him.

F**K THAT!

My girlfriend kisses her Mom's ass and puts up with WAY TOO MUCH CRAP, because of the inheritance stuff, BUT, I DO NOT PLAY ANY OF THAT CRAP!

Treat ME the way you want to be treated, and we are all good.

Confess I care less if I ever inherit the first dime from my uncle or anyone else.

I am not rich but I already think about who I may will my stuff to, and I do not need more shit to add to that.

BUT! If I could just get my uncle away from the guns and cars stuff, and get him to buy NIB pinball machines, well, may be room in the kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, garage, basement, building out back for those.

That would not work for him though, no way he would buy NIB, just whatever "project" that he found at a flea market or yard sale, and I know a lot of members here love working on games, but not me, I just want to play them and enjoy them, preferably NIB.

And yeah, his wife just died, (my aunt), and all of a sudden he has said 3 or more times now that long ago he quit drinking for her.

BULLSHIT! He quit drinking after he got a DUI, and now he is altering history to try to whatever his sadness now.

The day after the funeral he called everyone asking if they wanted the flowers that they had sent back. WTF?

He has been way out there now for over 35 years, I know, I have dealt with all that crazy stuff for years.

Everyone loves him, he is very popular, I love him also, but he gets on my last nerve a whole lot at times.

He has to have some kind of mental issues, with all the calling me talking about he just found acreage somewhere that would be great for a vacation.

He has just never been happy for long or something.

And I get so tired of him telling me about one of his friends that has 60 employees, and they only had an 8th grade education, and how well they are doing, and they are making millions of dollars a year.

Good for them! BUT! do you realize I was having a good time playing ping pong just now, and you interrupted that to tell me for the 8th time about how well your friend is doing?

Confess I am happy to be poor, and just goof off on this site giving lots of upvotes.

(does anyone know which dumpsters I can dive behind grocery stores to get the best meats, or which dumpsters I can dive at distributers to get the best pinball machines?)

Confess I know I am getting old, but my family is getting a whole lot older than me, and getting on my last damn nerve.

#6754 2 years ago

Skimmed to the end as sometimes, but this caught my eye.

"Confess I know I am getting old, but my family is getting a whole lot older than me, and getting on my last damn nerve."

Have you got some aqua vitae gift Johnny? You age slower than your family?

IntriguingPunkin

#6755 2 years ago

swear when i listen to the black crows it's robert plant singing;

no capitals, snaKE IN ONE HAND.

oops capitals

#6756 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

no capitals, snaKE IN ONE HAND.

Hopefully not a trouser snake

#6757 2 years ago

Deary me no.

#6758 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Have you got some aqua vitae gift Johnny? You age slower than your family?

No, they just have a 25 year head start on me.

Confess I need to chill, and be nice, but no way will I start storing crap for them, that takes away from my space for new games and stuff I want.

#6759 2 years ago

Stink fest …wtf . That pan drain just goes outside with no P-trap and never pitched properly and drains onto grass or pavement. In time will stink up in your heater room. Not sanitary at all you lazy bastard….trapping urine in that pipe is just stupid.

Quoted from hwyhed:Since we’re talking bout peeing..I installed this a few months ago behind 2 doors where my hot water tank is in the garage. I live in a townhouse, and was tired of walking up 12 steps to use the bathroom, and on occasion, just outside the garage door on bushes after many drinks. I’ve been called a red neck, and it doesn’t bother me at all. I have a water jug that sits on the tank, and pour a lil water once u pee, it works great!
    [quoted image]

#6760 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess i don't get all the jukebox thing. i looked into what i could do here, but it seems to me that the below is the best option, cheaper, better quality audio, unlimited music and takes up a fuckload less space.
    [quoted image]

Similar argument can be made against having any music pins because, let’s face it free, unlimited high definition music at your fingertips and playable on wireless headphones will sound 100x better than playing any $8k music pinball machine or $3k jukebox. Yet they still make and sell a lot of pinball “music” machines.

You’ve got to remember the purpose of a jukebox was to provide some entertainment and music where you might otherwise have a dreary, quiet location. Any home stereo system beats a single jukebox. But in the right location they make tons of sense. Confess I’ve never had nor have I wanted one.

#6761 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Similar argument can be made against having any music pins because, let’s face it free, unlimited high definition music at your fingertips and playable on wireless headphones will sound 100x better than playing an $8k music pinball machine. Yet they still make and sell a lot of pinball “music” machines.
    You’ve got to remember the purpose of a jukebox was to provide some entertainment and music where you might otherwise have a dreary, quiet location. Any home stereo system beats a single jukebox. But in the right location they make tons of sense. Confess I’ve never had nor have I wanted one.

That's an incredible long stretch of analogy that makes zero sense.

The second paragraph i understand. But we've moved on.

#6762 2 years ago

“Touch Tunes” is the final conclusion of the jukebox evolution, and I think it’s great! You use your phone to buy and queue up songs, don’t even have to get out of your seat. We used it a lot when going out to bars in Philadelphia, when I was there.

I’d love to have something free that does the same thing, allowing my friends to tee up songs to play in Apple Music, coming out of my game room speakers. Confess I’ve considered wall-mounting an old iPad just for that purpose.

#6763 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

“Touch Tunes” is the final conclusion of the jukebox evolution, and I think it’s great! You use your phone to buy and queue up songs, don’t even have to get out of your seat. We used it a lot when going out to bars in Philadelphia, when I was there.
    I’d love to have something free that does the same thing, allowing my friends to tee up songs to play in Apple Music, coming out of my game room speakers. Confess I’ve considered wall-mounting an old iPad just for that purpose.

Glad we haven’t moved on past jukeboxes.
    I like that idea and especially if I could use my phone to select the music. I was traveling and newest thing I saw was a wireless control using your phone after scanning onscreen UPC code. You’d login and grab controls of tv. Then you’d use phone to control tv. That’s the way to go if possible. There was no software to download, no updates required just scan and take control. I like touch tunes and am sure theirs is similar by now.

#6764 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

That was the direction (though not the sytsem) that my search took me on jukeboxes. There's a couple companies here that do it for pubs etc. CrowdDJ is probs the biggest.

The systems were mostly based on spotify anyway, so i shelved it while i got spotify and then never went back to it.
    The music is background and can't be heard over the pins here anyway when there are people here.

https://www.nightlife.com.au/crowddj

#6765 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I have a co-worker that keeps a touchtunes balance in his app if he's ever in the bar. If he sees someone walking up to do it manually on the unit, he quickly tosses the worst shit song ever on his app and watches the guy frantically try to figure out how he fucked up and why that song is playing.

#6766 2 years ago

I'll file him in with the rest of the people who make the world worse.

#6767 2 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

he quickly tosses the worst shit song ever on

#6768 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I'll file him in with the rest of the people who make the world worse.

I've never been there to witness this "hilarity", but if he pulls it off, he's sure to tell us at the office about his highjinx

#6769 2 years ago

My landlord is like that. Anything to fuck someone's day up amuses him no end.

I asked him once what he's going to do now he's retired as a dodgy builder.

He said he plans on going to monthly city council meetings and 'sticking it to them'.

I said, what you are gunna be that guy from the Muppets yelling abuse from the balcony? He say's 'fuck yeah'.

1550931371-Waldorf_und_statler_4 (resized).jpg1550931371-Waldorf_und_statler_4 (resized).jpg

#6770 2 years ago

Todays cover came via spotify. It's 2 of my favourite things, ska and punk.

#6771 2 years ago

Confessions, I may have a few tonight.

#6772 2 years ago

Confess sometimes I am just way out with bad timing, while trying to make a joke and be funny.

#6773 2 years ago

Confess sometimes I am too honest for my own good, and that is fine with me.

#6774 2 years ago

Ok, time for a longer one now.

Recently I think I hinted here that I was about to sell my Elvira.

Well, Thursday night while I was cooking, I placed the ad here.

While I was eating and trying to relax, and read funny stuff, my mailbox went to jumping like crazy.

I posted the game at a decent deal, that I could make a few bucks on to help with all the times in the past that I sold games for a loss, and not be greedy at the same time.

Confess the last thing I would ever want, would to be labeled greedy, or a flipper, or any of that, with these games I love, this site I love, and all of you awesome dudes here.

The first line in my ad said CASH ON THE GLASS ONLY.

The first message was "wish I was closer".

The second message was "oh, I can wire the money and have STI pick the game up".

The third through ninth message had a phone number, and offering $500 more than my asking price.

The tenth message was from a local that had bought a pin in the past, and the only local that had ever asked if I would take less at the last moment. (confess that had ticked me off a tad in the past, but otherwise easy to deal with and left me great feedback).

Confess I may have the total number of posts wrong, but I do have the order right.

Anyway, the member that kept sending messages with a phone number and offering more was far away, so I sent them a message that I am eating dinner, I will call you in about 40 minutes. And I was eating dinner.

The local I replied back that someone has already sent their phone number, and I am eating, and have already told them I would call, and if that does not work out I will let you know.

I was fully ready to deal with the local again, because when someone is far away, they usually do not even think about the cash on the glass and all of that.

Confess I am not messing with any wire transfers, or messing with any shipping companies, no need to.

Confess I am so glad this member was the next in line, even though they sent so many messages in a row and was far away and getting on my nerves with mailbox jumping while I was relaxing and eating.

I was 100% fair. Ad said cash on the glass, and I took messages in order.

When I called after I was finished with dinner, I could have made another $500 that they were offering, but I said no, if you have my asking price, cash on the glass, the game is yours.

They told me they will bring the cash, and will make a deposit if I can hold it until they can get here Sunday.

I said no need for a deposit, the game is yours, for the price I listed it for, and I am not worried at all because if you back out, I have a local ready to get it that had contacted me right after you did.

The member here that is traveling a long way to bring cash and haul the game is the best period, they said they already have a topper and all kinds of stuff and were just tired of waiting forever.

Confess I hope they always remember how honest I am, and saved them 500 bucks more that they were offering and, and I turned 500 bucks extra down.

So anyway, after I had already marked the ad "sale pending", I was still getting more messages about if this does not work out let me know.

SO, I went ahead and marked the game sold, to get it off the market, and save myself more messages.

And here comes the message about pinside fees for selling a game. Regular price is $50, but because I am a +member my price is $35.

Confess I paid $50. I love this site, and I have no problem donating here and there.

I am not rich, and I care less if I am ever rich, as long as I can sell a game and get a new one every so often.

I have a couple of games that are not going anywhere anytime soon, but I have learned how nice it is to have one spot, for a game that is flavor of the year, and after about a year decide if time to sell and get another game.

Confess after forever I was just used to playing a game for a year, and then selling it for a loss, which was not even a loss with all the fun we had while it was here, I feel guilty these days when time to sell again, and I actually can make a little, to get back some of what I spent in the past.

And yeah, my girlfriend thinks I am nuts for not making an extra $500 on this game that the buyer offered, but that is just not me, I am not in this to make money, or lose money also, but if I can just stay close to even, and we can have so much fun with these games, I am very happy!

Life is short. When my life is over I want to be remembered as being a positive person that was fair, and fun, and never greedy.

BUT! Had the buyer offered $5 million more than I was asking, I would have to take that.

But for a $500 offer more, well maybe they will always remember me, and also give me a good deal someday, or at least tell me about a good place to go fishing, (and drinking).

And DAMN! I hope LTG is doing great, I have not seen any posts from him lately!

#6775 2 years ago

Confess that I’ve been enjoying some great early 70’s action flicks on Criterion this week. They’re definitely B movies, not classics in any sense, but fun and humorous to watch. I was watching “Three the Hard Way” last night, and there’s a scene where 3 very hot chicks roll up on red, white and blue motorcycles. They go into a room to torture this guy and soften him up for an interrogation. First thing they do is whip off their shirts - 6 tits on the screen, very sudden and unexpected. The camera doesn’t show the “torture” but the 3 women come out of the room panting, soaked with sweat. Still topless, but wearing their leather pants. The guy they tortured is curled up in a ball in the corner, whimpering. Confess I may watch that scene a few more times.

#6776 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I'm great, thank you for asking.

Not much to do right now. CGC is building quality games so not much tech support. And with ignoring jjp, not as much I can help here.

I do have a small funny. Back when the video game fad was on. And the brief time I used the change machine. Since so many places were on tokens and gave extra tokens when you used their token machines.

I had customers tell me I should give extra quarters with my change machine.

That was the quickest way to lose a lot of money fast I ever heard.

LTG : )

#6777 2 years ago

Although the appeal of rock band music to both fans and especially their pin marketeers may be irresistible, I confess, the artistic input sessions consisting of band members, after a Friday night blow out bender of high octane rainbow juice, cartoon watching, then trying to walk a straight line through a pentagram and throwing up on a blank pin...worked wonder$.

#6778 2 years ago

I thought of a tale for JohnnyPinball007

Many years ago. People often stored their own pool cues here.

One person had about the cheapest two piece aluminum stick you could find. It and case couldn't have cost more than $10.

This guy shot a few hours one day. Forgot his money. So he left his pool cue as collateral.

Some years go by. Never saw him again. So when cleaning out the unclaimed pool cues. I sold it to a customer for the $6 or $9 the guy owed me. That customer stored it here.

A few more years go by. A customer was telling me that his sister was engaged to a guy. Supposedly he left his $2K pool cue here, but that he owed me for pool and I sold it. He owed me so he wasn't mad.

I dug out the piece of crap lightening rod two piece pool cue and showed it to the guy. I mentioned to him that his sister might rethink any BS coming out of this guys mouth.

#6779 2 years ago

This made me think of another.

When we changed the rug. I had a customer help me move the game from one side to the other, as they did the rug. We also scrubbed the cabinets so the place would look good. I'd put in new ceiling tiles the year before. Cigarette smoke was tough on things.

The customer helping me often shot pool here. As did his sister. His sister was really pretty. And had the typical loser boyfriend.

One night the loser boyfriend came in with another girl.

So after the new rug was done. The customer came in and was shooting pool with his sister. I was sitting talking to him and his sister.

I told her I was glad she finally dumped the loser. That she deserved a lot better. She asked what I meant. I mentioned he came in with a different girl.

The sister started crying and left. My customer said he meant to mention to me to not say anything about the loser. Yes, that would have probably been better.

#6780 2 years ago

It’s the nicest day of the year so far and what am I doing?

12E21D49-A066-4C48-B872-3F83AB480A63 (resized).jpeg12E21D49-A066-4C48-B872-3F83AB480A63 (resized).jpeg
    #6781 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'm great, thank you for asking.
    Not much to do right now. CGC is building quality games so not much tech support. And with ignoring jjp, not as much I can help here.
    I do have a small funny. Back when the video game fad was on. And the brief time I used the change machine. Since so many places were on tokens and gave extra tokens when you used their token machines.
    That was the quickest way to lose a lot of money fast I ever heard.

I confess that I don't know if tokens from different places will work elsewhere. Is a token a token?

#6782 2 years ago
    Quoted from HooperTriplett:

I confess that I don't know if tokens from different places will work elsewhere. Is a token a token?

Depends. Could be the same size, not the same size as a quarter. Some can be different sizes. Some even have groves so it's like a key going in.

Depends on how much expense the location went to. Especially if people are using tokens they didn't buy from you.

#6783 2 years ago
    Quoted from HooperTriplett:

Mostly depends on the diameter of the coin and the basic composition of the metal. The car wash token is the most common and usually close to the size of a quarter. Those you can buy in bulk on Craigslist and eBay and might work at your local car wash.

There are some that are larger diameter. Some even slightly larger than half dollar coins. These are not as common and usually avoided due to increased cost per token and more importantly the opening of the coin operated device won’t take something that large at factory specs.

There are some that are a little smaller than a quarter I think chucky cheese / circus pizza went this route.

You can check out Hoffman mint they’re the most popular token people. They might mail you some free samples if you ask.

Most common token material is brass followed by zinc. You can buy mixtures of alloys. You can then buy comparators that can detect said alloys. That’s where things get expensive and I can’t think of any application that calls for this other than casinos which have since gone to paper tickets and now looking towards RFID.

And of course the largest and expensive token….carvana.

In my attached picture are two tokes roughly the size of a half as one is hiding on the brass coin. On the right, same diameter as the left brass coin but of zinc. Much lighter and won’t work in each other’s place. The zinc has been stained red.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #6784 2 years ago

I drew the ace of spades tonight, playing Euchre, and it reminded me of a story.

I was just out of college, and I dated this girl that went to an all-girls college (Agnes Scott). We had some fun times, but I decided she was too ordinary, and we drifted apart. I fell right into a bad relationship that crashed hard in 3 months, so I went to a bar to shoot pool and drown my sorrows. As I’m walking in, I see a guy on the sidewalk with a little amp, and he’s playing Motörhead. That put me in a kind of mood.

Inside the bar, I see the girl I’d broken up with for being “too ordinary”. She must have taken it to heart, because she was wearing a short black leather skirt, and shooting pool made her look smoking hot. She’d lost some weight too. I had a few strong drinks to work up the courage to talk to her. It went really bad. She was still feeling hurt, and now she was dating a big Brazilian guy who was there with her. I kept drinking, and the drunker I got, the more bad decisions I made. Long story short, I said something stupid, took a roundhouse punch to the face from her new boyfriend, and landed flat on my back. Two bouncers scooped me up and threw me out the front door.

I landed right next to Lemmy, still playing Motörhead on the sidewalk. As I’m telling him my sad love story, the manager comes out and says: “If nobody can vouch for this guy, we’re calling the police”. Lemmy says: “I’ll vouch for him”. Manager says “who the hell are you?” And the guy says: “I’m the Ace of Spades”.

So I gave my car keys to the Ace of Spades. It’s a quiet drive home, and he turns to me and says “have you ever drank bleach”? I confess to him that I’ve never even tasted bleach. He said he did it once on a dare from his brother. Said: “it’s not a good thing to do.” We get to my place, and he crashes on the couch. The next day I buy him breakfast to thank him. He grabs his amp and guitar and walks out of the restaurant, and I never see him again. The Ace of Spades.

#6785 2 years ago

Was just thinking how much i miss euchre yesterday morning. I played at least an hour a day at work for twenty years. 4 handed or 6 handed.

No-one i know plays now. Best card game there is.

#6786 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I thought of a tale

Quoted from swampfire:

reminded me of a story

Confess I love the tales and stories here, and I do not care if they are long, as long as spaced ok so I can read easier.

I LOVE PINSIDE!

99.9% of the members here are AWESOME!

So damn entertaining and I learn a lot also.

A long while back I had made a post in the bitch thread? I think that was it. Anyway when I use charcoal it seemed to be getting harder to deal with, with some pieces not burning well, while other pieces were almost past ready to use.

Someone told me about one of those tin things, that lighter fluid is no longer needed.

I had never heard of that, I looked every time I went to buy more charcoal, and finally about a month ago I found the tin thing.

Holy shit that tin thing is awesome!

Lighter fluid took 30 minutes and the pieces were half ass.

With the tin thing charcoal is totally ready in 10 minutes, no fluid needed, and every single piece is perfect.

Quoted from LTG:

PLEASE! Let me know if you ever do that! Interest on my savings account is not paying crap, so I would take all that money out and run it through your change machine until it went dry. (I am totally joking, you are a awesome dude, the best and most helpful here, and someday I hope to get up to your game room).

Confess at the moment though, we love going down to Florida on fishing trips whenever we can.

Confess I do not mind cleaning fish, very easy to make boneless filets with a electric knife, but at the moment I do not care to cook or eat many, confess I like chicken and beef better.

Confess steak, lobster, shrimp, and crab is the best, but too damn high now.

There are not many things I enjoy more than playing pinball, but catching fish is one of those things that I do enjoy more, even if I am just goofing off and throwing everything back, or giving them away.

#6787 2 years ago

Confess I have no clue who ever got me into playing double 12 dominos with scoring in multiples of 5 back when I was young, but I have always loved that game.

A few years ago my girlfriend said she also loved dominoes, but she liked playing some Mexican Train shit I had never heard of.

I gave it a try, I hated it, not the way I was used to playing, and it seemed like she kept changing the rules, because she had forgot the rules, and only seemed to remember when it was my turn to play.

I quit. I said HELL NO!

Fast forward a few years and my girlfriend is hooked on some word game on her phone.

I was constantly looking over her shoulder and saying "well, I know the rest of those words", while she was at a standstill

So a few weeks ago I brought out the old Up Words game that had not been used in 25 years.

Well, quickly I was bored from her taking too long to play, and then playing something that I would say play that here and you will get a whole lot more points, and she was bored from getting her ass kicked all the time.

Confess I know I should let her win, but I keep forgetting.

So, anyway after all this time, years have went by, I finally looked up the rules for Mexican Train, and for the last 3 nights in a row, we did not even watch anything on TV or do anything other than Mexican Train. She always loved the game, and now I do also.

I am winning all the games, and she said she thought she was the best at this game, until she started playing me.

At least with dominoes, no one has to look at a damn dictionary.

We are happy, and that is all that counts. Life is short, have to have as much fun as possible.

I hope all of you have a GREAT WEEK!

#6788 2 years ago

Confess that in more than 50 years of fishing as part of my life (my parents were professional fishermen at one stage) i have never seen anyone use an electric knife on fish. My mum had one when they came out for roasts, but soon junked it.

Come on Johnny, you have the best sharpeners in the world (arguably) with Lansky, why would you cut it with a power tool when a sharp fillet knife is a wonder to wield?

In any case, for charcoal, a looflighter (German no longer produced i'm told) and a chimney is the business. You can use some newspaper, but it's not needed.

I'm sure there will be hot air alternatives in the United States of North America?

DSCF0917[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0917[1] (resized).jpg

#6789 2 years ago

You have to be careful mate to describe the first part of the story in future in case you start the conversation with 'My girl likes playing Mexican train", especially if you are talking to Mexicans.

CouldCreateSomeWrongImpressionsPunkin

#6790 2 years ago

Confess, I've never been dropped. Took a couple where my knees wobbled but never went down. Also been 20+ years since I've thrown a punch. So much in a better place now. First time I ever blacked out I got got sucker punched from my best friend in high school in front of Blues on Whyte. Woke up in my bed when I should have been at my girlfriends. She dumped me shortly after. Lol

#6791 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Come on Johnny, you have the best sharpeners in the world (arguably) with Lansky, why would you cut it with a power tool when a sharp fillet knife is a wonder to wield?

Confess I have never had a knife around, I have guns and power tools.

To me anyway, a knife just seems like a manual saw. But a electric knife is like power screwdriver, that just hold it at the right angle and press the button and slices without any sawing motions.

We are all different, and like different ways of doing things, and I feel there is no wrong way, or right way, just do whatever the way that makes you happy.

Goodnight!

#6792 2 years ago

Get you mate. Cheers

#6793 2 years ago

There are not many things I enjoy more than playing pinball, but catching fish is one of those things that I do enjoy more, even if I am just goofing off and throwing everything back, or giving them away.

Sounds like you need a "Fish Tails" pin Johnny!

#6794 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I'm sure there will be hot air alternatives in the United States of North America?

Yeah we’ve called it Washington DC for many generations.

#6795 2 years ago

Fishing is my jam too, particularly ice fishing. I love the challenge that goes into studying a lake and trying to find the right area drill holes to catch fish. Enjoy the solitude and the noise of the wind whistle off the lake or ruffling against the side of the shelter. Great way to pass time up here in the Upper Midwest, or the Ice Belt as they call it.

#6796 2 years ago

Ok, time for a longer one now.
    Recently I think I hinted here that I was about to sell my Elvira.
    Well, Thursday night while I was cooking, I placed the ad here.
    While I was eating and trying to relax, and read funny stuff, my mailbox went to jumping like crazy.
    I posted the game at a decent deal, that I could make a few bucks on to help with all the times in the past that I sold games for a loss, and not be greedy at the same time.
    Confess the last thing I would ever want, would to be labeled greedy, or a flipper, or any of that, with these games I love, this site I love, and all of you awesome dudes here.
    The first line in my ad said CASH ON THE GLASS ONLY.
    The first message was "wish I was closer".
    The second message was "oh, I can wire the money and have STI pick the game up".
    The third through ninth message had a phone number, and offering $500 more than my asking price.
    The tenth message was from a local that had bought a pin in the past, and the only local that had ever asked if I would take less at the last moment. (confess that had ticked me off a tad in the past, but otherwise easy to deal with and left me great feedback).
    Confess I may have the total number of posts wrong, but I do have the order right.
    Anyway, the member that kept sending messages with a phone number and offering more was far away, so I sent them a message that I am eating dinner, I will call you in about 40 minutes. And I was eating dinner.
    The local I replied back that someone has already sent their phone number, and I am eating, and have already told them I would call, and if that does not work out I will let you know.
    I was fully ready to deal with the local again, because when someone is far away, they usually do not even think about the cash on the glass and all of that.
    Confess I am not messing with any wire transfers, or messing with any shipping companies, no need to.
    Confess I am so glad this member was the next in line, even though they sent so many messages in a row and was far away and getting on my nerves with mailbox jumping while I was relaxing and eating.
    I was 100% fair. Ad said cash on the glass, and I took messages in order.
    When I called after I was finished with dinner, I could have made another $500 that they were offering, but I said no, if you have my asking price, cash on the glass, the game is yours.
    They told me they will bring the cash, and will make a deposit if I can hold it until they can get here Sunday.
    I said no need for a deposit, the game is yours, for the price I listed it for, and I am not worried at all because if you back out, I have a local ready to get it that had contacted me right after you did.
    The member here that is traveling a long way to bring cash and haul the game is the best period, they said they already have a topper and all kinds of stuff and were just tired of waiting forever.
    Confess I hope they always remember how honest I am, and saved them 500 bucks more that they were offering and, and I turned 500 bucks extra down.
    So anyway, after I had already marked the ad "sale pending", I was still getting more messages about if this does not work out let me know.
    SO, I went ahead and marked the game sold, to get it off the market, and save myself more messages.
    And here comes the message about pinside fees for selling a game. Regular price is $50, but because I am a +member my price is $35.
    Confess I paid $50. I love this site, and I have no problem donating here and there.
    I am not rich, and I care less if I am ever rich, as long as I can sell a game and get a new one every so often.
    I have a couple of games that are not going anywhere anytime soon, but I have learned how nice it is to have one spot, for a game that is flavor of the year, and after about a year decide if time to sell and get another game.
    Confess after forever I was just used to playing a game for a year, and then selling it for a loss, which was not even a loss with all the fun we had while it was here, I feel guilty these days when time to sell again, and I actually can make a little, to get back some of what I spent in the past.
    And yeah, my girlfriend thinks I am nuts for not making an extra $500 on this game that the buyer offered, but that is just not me, I am not in this to make money, or lose money also, but if I can just stay close to even, and we can have so much fun with these games, I am very happy!
    Life is short. When my life is over I want to be remembered as being a positive person that was fair, and fun, and never greedy.
    BUT! Had the buyer offered $5 million more than I was asking, I would have to take that.
    But for a $500 offer more, well maybe they will always remember me, and also give me a good deal someday, or at least tell me about a good place to go fishing, (and drinking).

That's great of you. Did your deal happen last Sunday or upcoming? I hope we don't get a beware of buyer thread from you in the next several days.

#6797 2 years ago

Confess that Medieval madness has been the shortest lived game here so far. Just a couple of months and it's off.

Turns out the pinball guys who told me at a show were 100% spot on. I told them i'd played MM and MB and liked MB a little better. they both said, in that case you should buy an Attack From Mars.

I love AFM, it's the same playfield as MM but different toys and better art (although i'll miss the backglass on MM). The rules are simpler, and much clearer with better call outs etc.

#6798 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I hope we don't get a beware of buyer thread from you in the next several days.

All good, the buyer is awesome. I may sell him something else, and he said he would send a deposit if I would deliver. No deposit needed, I trust the dude, he does what he says.

#6799 2 years ago

I confess that I work at a hardware store. Obviously, part of my job is to direct customers to products they are trying to find. However, I confess that sometimes I'm not sure where the thing they are looking for is, or even worse I don't even know what they are asking for.
    A few days ago a customer asked me for some obscure part, and I didn't know where it was and she got angry and told me that I should know and that she needs this part for her husband's outhouse project. I told her I was sorry, and I called someone who knew on my radio.
    All ended relatively well, lady got her plumbing part and I didn't get fired lol.
    Still kinda bothers me, people are really rude sometimes. I'm not perfect, and I'm not an expert on plumbing parts.
    This stuff happens, I guess.

#6800 2 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

she needs this part for her husband's outhouse project

LMAO, maybe she should be asking herself where her life went wrong.

There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/136 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.