Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,547 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 minutes ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 251.
    #6701 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ryguy80:

I confess I hear the WWF's "Stone Cold" Steve Austin's voice whenever I hear a "Hell Yeah!"

What?

#6702 2 years ago

Really?

Screenshot 2022-04-02 054531 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-04-02 054531 (resized).jpg

#6703 2 years ago
    48D151CA-7FB1-46FE-BB68-D9CA9C763743.gif48D151CA-7FB1-46FE-BB68-D9CA9C763743.gif
    #6704 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Really?
    [quoted image]

Your screenshot definitely looks different to mine, but may be an apple/android thing.

Are you fully addicted yet? LOL

#6705 2 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Your screenshot definitely looks different to mine, but may be an apple/android thing.
    Are you fully addicted yet? LOL

Yep, playing the daily NYT one and playing a couple games on the archive a day. Very few i don't get out. They seem to be getting wize to my starting gambit of TRAIN though, sometimes i'll get two days in a row with no letters.

Just seems weird when i get it in two goes.

#6706 2 years ago

I had a couple awful initial guesses lately with Zero letters (all grey) in first two tries on word.

#6707 2 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

I had a couple awful initial guesses lately with Zero letters (all grey) in first two tries on word.

Yeah, that's what i'm saying. TRAIN is pretty good, but sometimes it's not.

#6708 2 years ago

I confess I didn't think out how I'm going to move this big beast without help b4 agreeing to pick it up for a friend. Just spent a half hour chipping ice off a sidewalk to wheel it to the back yard. Now to get it up 4 stairs

20220401_161035.jpg20220401_161035.jpg
    #6709 2 years ago

Confess i don't get all the jukebox thing. i looked into what i could do here, but it seems to me that the below is the best option, cheaper, better quality audio, unlimited music and takes up a fuckload less space.

DSCF0869[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0869[1] (resized).jpg

#6710 2 years ago

I confess I've never been to a live concert (besides those free ho-down backyard hippie things I get dragged to)

#6711 2 years ago

I bought my first pack of Pokémon cards ever back in November. I scored a $40us card in my first pull. I now have five 3" binders jammed full of cards dammit

#6712 2 years ago

I'm bummed that's it my 23rd anniversary and the wife is a province over at my dad's, and I'm at home alone drinking vodka.

#6713 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'm bummed that's it my 23rd anniversary and the wife is a province over at my dad's, and I'm at home alone drinking vodka.

Hopefully she didn’t forget?

#6714 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess i don't get all the jukebox thing. i looked into what i could do here, but it seems to me that the below is the best option, cheaper, better quality audio, unlimited music and takes up a fuckload less space.
    [quoted image]

There's not much sexier then a curved glass 50s seeburg or 40s Wurlitzer in my opinion. I love jukes when they have a moving mechanism visible. Also love 70s vibe jukes where they made patterns that resemble women or good vibes like the rockola pictured here

IMG_20220401_210239.jpgIMG_20220401_210239.jpg
    #6715 2 years ago

Jukeboxes are a pure nostalgia thing, I love seeing a beautifully restored one. They’re about as practical as a 2-seater sports car, but plenty of people buy those too.

#6716 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I scored a $40us card in my first pull.

Before you call it $40, try to actually sell it and see how much you get.

Confess I am not trying to mess with you at all, but I used to be in that business, and the profit is from selling packs, boxes, but never any single cards.

PLEASE! Before you ever buy another pack, or box of cards, sell some of the singles, just to make sure.

If you do not want to sell you can still look at Ebay completed prices, to see what the single cards sold for recently.

Confess I hope I am wrong and you are right.

#6717 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

While on the beer subject, the best is a cooler full of beer covered in ice

One of my favorite places in the first 30 years of my life was a dirt track barely outside of Milwaukee called Hales Corners Speedway. They sold beer by the can at a decent price for an event. You'd order a 6 pack to take back to your seat and they'd put it in the 12 pack carton and then fill the rest up with ice. Fucking brilliant. I drove in the demolition derbies they did on Memorial day and Labor day and won the feature in their final Memorial day derby. Menards drove a dump truck full of money into the owner's driveway and 2003 was the track's final year. Classic case of what was once the outskirts of town turning into prime real estate.

Played in my first tournament since before the 'rona last weekend. Holy shit was I rusty. Forgot how to play a few of the newer games. The EM's and early SS games saved me. Ended up finishing middle of the field.

#6718 2 years ago
    Quoted from Becker34:

I drove in the demolition derbies they did on Memorial day and Labor day

Man, I loved the demolition derbies when I was a kid. Confess that if I still had one of these, I’d be playing with friends who come over to crack a beer with me:

http://www.toysyouhad.com/Smash.htm

#6719 2 years ago

Demo Man is a great game, but the movie is SO F'N STUPID that I just can't get past it to like the game.

#6720 2 years ago

Oops, wrong thread!

#6721 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Oops, wrong thread!

It's never the wrong thread

#6722 2 years ago

I think i'm losing lust for life.

I cooked toast this morning and it wasn't cooked evenly across the whole slice, but i took it out from under the grill and ate it anyway instead of turning it around.

#6723 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Demo Man is a great game, but the movie is SO F'N STUPID that I just can't get past it to like the game.

Pin is better than the movie though I will say the movie did a lot to predict the future.

#6724 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I think i'm losing lust for life.
    I cooked toast this morning and it wasn't cooked evenly across the whole slice, but i took it out from under the grill and ate it anyway instead of turning it around.

Definitely time to throw in the towel.

NothingLeftToSeeHerePunkin

#6725 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

But i get a boner when i look at this.

The clicking of the buttons as you make the selections, the cradle moving over and pulling out the record, the scratching of the needle touching down.....we never planned on getting one but gotta admit it's pretty fuckin' cool to have a piece of history like this in the game room.

20200724_142644 (resized).jpg20200724_142644 (resized).jpg
    #6726 2 years ago

It's definitely a pretty thing, but i don't get the fun in arcade games either.

I bought the other speed tester thingo this guy had now as well. One of my mates with kids will take it for sure for $1k. I'll keep one here.

276314879_10158743080007263_6700099769911519209_n (resized).jpg276314879_10158743080007263_6700099769911519209_n (resized).jpg

#6727 2 years ago

I confess I just searched to see if there are still “came apart” open in the country. Some of you might know them as Kmart

#6728 2 years ago

I miss my mom's sneaky sence of humor

20220403_130511.jpg20220403_130511.jpg
    #6729 2 years ago

I confess that it’s my birthday! And I had 2 Bloody Marys with brunch, and I’m trying to decide whether to stop for the day, or keep going.

692A7900-83D1-4FDD-8542-D72DD9282831 (resized).jpeg692A7900-83D1-4FDD-8542-D72DD9282831 (resized).jpeg
    #6730 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I confess that it’s my birthday! And I had 2 Bloody Marys with brunch, and I’m trying to decide whether to stop for the day, or keep going.[quoted image]

Happy birthday! Be safe and have fun!

#6731 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I confess that it’s my birthday! And I had 2 Bloody Marys with brunch, and I’m trying to decide whether to stop for the day, or keep going.[quoted image]

Keep going! Happy b-day

#6732 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I confess that it’s my birthday!

Happy Birthday !
    LTG : )

#6733 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Happy Birthday! Better have 1 or 2 more and then decide

#6734 2 years ago

Happy Birthday!

#6735 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Happy birthday! Hope you are having a good day!

#6736 2 years ago

Thanks confessional family! And I confess that while I clocked 58 years today, I still feel 28. I’ll keep that up for as long as I can.

Anybody remember the Paul Simon song “Run That Body Down”? I think I’ll put that album on now (Paul’s first solo album, with the parka)

#6737 2 years ago

“Run That Body Down”, Paul Simon:

Went to my doctor yesterday
    She said I seem to be O.K.
    She said
    "Paul, you better look around
    How long you think that you can
    Run that body down?
    How many nights you think that you can
    Do what you been doin'
    Who you foolin?"

I came back home and I went to bed
    I was resting my head
    My wife came in and she said
    "What's wrong, sweet boy, what's wrong
    Ah, I told her what's wrong
    I said "Peg, you better look around
    Run that body down?
    Do what you been doin'
    Now, who you foolin?"

Kid, you better look around
    Run that body down?
    Do what you been doin'
    Who you foolin?

#6738 2 years ago

Happy b day2 u swamp fire. Glad that you feel younger..was having a conversation w my daughter a few days ago, and she asked me if I ever pee in the shower. I said yes, and she claims that she never has. Please tell me that I’m not an animal..surely I’m not the only one

#6739 2 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

she asked me if I ever pee in the shower. I said yes, and she claims that she never has. Please tell me that I’m not an animal..surely I’m not the only one

Your not

#6740 2 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

surely I’m not the only one

You aren’t

#6741 2 years ago

Remember lying in the bathtub while the missus was in the shower.

Smell got me, i said you're pissing in the shower. no answer.

But it's the whole reason that showers have to be hooked up to the sewer and not the stormwater.

#6742 2 years ago

Why would anyone get out of the shower wet and pee in the toilet?

#6743 2 years ago

Since we’re talking bout peeing..I installed this a few months ago behind 2 doors where my hot water tank is in the garage. I live in a townhouse, and was tired of walking up 12 steps to use the bathroom, and on occasion, just outside the garage door on bushes after many drinks. I’ve been called a red neck, and it doesn’t bother me at all. I have a water jug that sits on the tank, and pour a lil water once u pee, it works great!

DD924C63-E2A9-47BE-A5B7-27B3BE78AA31 (resized).jpegDD924C63-E2A9-47BE-A5B7-27B3BE78AA31 (resized).jpeg
    #6744 2 years ago

I've been having visions lately of a widespread porcelain urinal that sits under a hand basin as a one piece unit. Discreet, space saving and the water you use to wash your hands washes the urinal.

Would be great for commercial premises, pubs etc as it would double the available unrinals for the same space and be all green and stuff.

Would work well in a home, i couldn't get a urinal past her when i remodeled the bathroom a few years ago, but discrete and out of the way i may have been able to stand my digs and get away with it.

Used one of these a few years ago and that's what made me think of it.

993 (resized).jpg993 (resized).jpg

I should have known someone would have already had my brilliant idea.

JvFFVmatwWHRfvmtd53nmEJ94xpKydwmbSC5H5svBACH7yN3Wicqfmp5MGXWgu6AkfRKcYjff83k2w8iUBZfevM3XQpTuD1U8pk1mqGPqBbJWPBHRM4FSYUSey4KtK1VJvFFVmatwWHRfvmtd53nmEJ94xpKydwmbSC5H5svBACH7yN3Wicqfmp5MGXWgu6AkfRKcYjff83k2w8iUBZfevM3XQpTuD1U8pk1mqGPqBbJWPBHRM4FSYUSey4KtK1V

#6745 2 years ago

hwyhed that’s awesome. I could have saved at least $5k if I’d gone that route, and I’d have room for 3 more pins. “Ladies and crappers, please go upstairs” seems pretty reasonable to me in the scheme of things.

#6746 2 years ago

Todays cover. Dub be good to me. cracker.

CRANK IT.

#6747 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I confess that it’s my birthday!

Happy day after your birthday!

Quoted from hwyhed:

Since we’re talking bout peeing..I installed this a few months ago

Quoted from hwyhed:

I have a water jug that sits on the tank, and pour a lil water once u pee, it works great!

Confess I have made something similar.

Confess also when it is warm outside, I just go outside. Pee makes great weed killer!

Quoted from hwyhed:

I’ve been called a red neck

I have not been called that in over 35 years, and if I were to be called that, I would not give a shit.

On average 60 days a year I may work way out in the country somewhere, with the nearest place to take a dump 20 miles away, and taking a leak is nothing, confess though I still hate having to take a dump in the woods.

Hell, last road trip I got in a traffic jam, and I needed to take a leak, so I just pulled over onto the shoulder of the interstate and took care of that all casually.

Confess I always do that when on a road trip and traffic stops and I have any urge at all to.

Confess soon I may sell a game to make room for a new game. BUT, it will not be TWD. TWD is a keeper for me, and holds the record for longest I have ever kept a game.

#6748 2 years ago

Johhny if you like walking dead you'll love Tron. It beats you up even harder than TWD and a good game is 2.5 mins.

#6749 2 years ago

Confess the days of the week are getting less important as the years go on and there is nothing i HAVE to do on most days.

I'm good with Monday, as that's the day after pinball comp and i'm at my seediest in the morning. Then Tuesday is usually something i can keep a handle on as it's just Monday yesterday, but after that i'm pretty fucked at it and have to keep checking the calendar on the comp.

Then it's Monday again.

Wednesday morning now and i've looked about five times.

#6750 2 years ago

The other one i'd suggest if you don't need two ass kickers is CGC remake of Attack From mars. You'll never get sick of it because there is so many goals and ways to approach the game.

You can go for rule Mars, or Total Annihilation etc or just play for fun. Great looking game, really well built and everyone loves it. I think it's the best of the remakes so far. (Hopefully fathom tops it)

There are 12,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/135 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.