Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,544 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 251.
    #6651 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I confess i didnt have my first beer til i was 19

Had my first beer at 6. At 19 I could drink an entire 24 pack and be fine.

Confess for a while I was having 35 beers pretty much every day.

But now that I am getting older 14 is the magic number.

Confess when I was 12 I knew kids doing weed, and they showed me their plants that were growing in the woods next to my house.

Confess I always liked the smell of some good weed, but I never tried it until I was about 35, and I did not mess with it much, I have not done any weed now in at least 15 years. (I only did weed a little here and there for about 3 years).

I never was around cocaine or any of that, and I would never try it if I was around it. A best friend years ago lost everything he had from messing with that stuff, and I do not need anything like that in my life.

Beer is the best, plenty of stores around here sell it, no need for some secret dealer, and right now I know at the most beer will cost me 10 bucks a day with the amount I drink.

Confess the only time I ever even go to a bar is when I am on vacation, and the bar has to be in walking distance of the motel I am staying at.

Confess when I am in a bar, I do not order beer for 4 bucks or whatever that I have plenty of at the motel that I have like 67 cents each invested in, I only drink the frozen drinks, and no, none has the umbrella in it.

Confess I gave up on trying to make a decent frozen drink myself years ago, and I do not need all that rum or tequila anyway, so all of that is just a ritual for me, when I am off on a road trip having fun.

Confess I am pretty frugal, because I want to not get up at 5am so much, and just do other work that I like, that does not pay as well, but I can be up at the crack of noon to do that work.

Confess I LOVE being self-employed. The 5am crap is just when one of my friends asks if I am available to run an excavator or other construction equipment for him.

I still enjoy playing with construction equipment, and he is cool and pays well, so ok, sometimes I will still get up at 5am, when I really do not want to be up that early.

Confess 5am was about the time I used to go to bed when I was a little younger, when I was behaving.

Confess there was a few years that I pretty much was getting up at 2 or 3pm.

CONFESS! I am so glad that I found this site! I have never used any other social media, and I never will.

My best friend that also was my next-door neighbor died a while back, and my other best friend lives in Buffalo NY, so I rarely see him, but I really like almost everyone here, and I know even the members that get on my nerves may would also be ok in person also.

I also love how this site keeps all your stuff active after you die, and puts the "In Memoriam" in your profile.

All I know is that I am very happy to be alive, and I am so glad I never had be up at 5am on a regular basis.

#6652 2 years ago

I work Tues - SAt, so been at my desk since 0730 this morning. I'll probably finish up about 430pm.

I have pinball league tonight at 6pm, its only one night a month from Oct til May, but I still blow half of them off because i i just dont feel like going after working all day.

If anyone in the league is reading this, it's not you, it's me................

#6653 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

One of the the things that stands out to me when we met that you were 2 years older then me and Jamie was 2 years younger then me. When I moved to Edmonton the previous owners moved 4 houses over. 5 kids and all separated by 2 years. My wife is a child of 8 all separated by 2 years

Ya.. i get told i look younger than i am a lot. My daughter is 27 and people usually don't believe me that it's my kid! Most old guys go to give me a high five til i explain she's my kin!

#6654 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'd be a raging alcoholic if I could get ripped for $6.50 a day
    [quoted image]

I don’t even drink Vodka but when I saw the price I was like:

C3674DC9-C9B0-4778-8B84-C53D347A2C75 (resized).jpegC3674DC9-C9B0-4778-8B84-C53D347A2C75 (resized).jpeg
    #6655 2 years ago

Actually if you think about it’s probably cheaper than that boutique “smart water”

#6656 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Also a good song. Dead South maybe?

Nice! They're local boys to me ..so i should of known that.. i confess i don't remember song titles worth a shit! Im horrible for referring to songs by their number in appearance order. One of my favorite bands Karma To Burn give all their songs random numbers for titles! Perfect

16483203981176746640298874822232 (resized).jpg16483203981176746640298874822232 (resized).jpg
    #6657 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Nice! They're local boys to me ..so i should of known that.. i confess i don't remember song titles worth a shit! Im horrible for referring to songs by their number in appearance order. One of my favorite bands Karma To Burn give all their songs random numbers for titles! Perfect
    [quoted image]

I was close, Ray Willie Hubbard

#6658 2 years ago

i cheated at wordle today and looked up 5 letter words with no vowels. Got it in three. I did figure out the first letter and the fact that it had no vowels in two goes though.

#6659 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Also a good song. Dead South maybe?

rock trivia song:
    And they say he may be blind . Someone should call his sister or his mother to take him home on the bus

#6660 2 years ago

Dont know it and i've already cheated once today.

CompDayTooCan'tBeHavingThatPunkin

#6661 2 years ago

And as i rise above the treeline and the clouds
    I look down and hear the sound of things you said today.

#6662 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I confess i didnt have my first beer til i was 19

I didn’t have my first beer until after college. Once I got my degree, then I figured I can party and have all the fun I want. Also, I didn’t do well in high school because I screwed around too much and not focused on academics, so I barely got accepted into a four-year university. I wanted to prove to myself that I can do better.

#6663 2 years ago

I'm bummed with the Taylor Hawkins passing. Thought the dude got clean recently. Without the hardcore drugs I'll be lucky to make 50 so it really hits home. Definitely on borrowed time

#6664 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'm bummed with the Taylor Hawkins passing. Thought the dude got clean recently. Without the hardcore drugs I'll be lucky to make 50 so it really hits home. Definitely on borrowed time

Dunno who that person is, but it's always the right time to do the wrong thing.

#6665 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Foo Fighters drummer. Dead at 50.

#6666 2 years ago

Not sure about clean. Autopsy said 10 different chemicals in his body including opiods.

#6667 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

The former drummer for Alanis Morrisette.

#6668 2 years ago

Went to post the results of yesterdays pinball comp and found this on my camera.

childish bastards

bastards (resized).jpgbastards (resized).jpg

#6669 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

The former drummer for Alanis Morrisette.

Don't forget Sass Jordan

#6670 2 years ago

Did some new achievements just get invented? There's no way JohnnyPinball007 and I get sore thumbs 5 at the same time and he thumbs up way more than I do.

EDIT: hmmm I guess looking on the laptop they don't show as "recent" like they do on my phone.

#6671 2 years ago

Confess that last night I dreamed that Stern came out with a combination pitch-and-bat and 9-hole putt-putt game. It was the size of a ping-pong table, and had a bar in the back with space for booze and glasses. There was an elaborate mechanism for leveling it, and kids kept getting their fingers pinched in it while playing with the mech on location. They were more interested in that mech than the game itself. We saw this while on vacation, and I couldn't stay very long because the family wanted to go eat. My wife preemptively said “We’re not buying that” and I agreed, it was much too large for our basement.

#6672 2 years ago

I've been looking for a Sega flashbeats for a few years now, bloody impossible to get, but just bought a Catch the light combo. Similar thing, with less fun effects.

#6673 2 years ago

Playing along on the harp

#6674 2 years ago

I wish I still had my old amp

20220324_080743.jpg20220324_080743.jpg
    #6675 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I wish I still had my old amp

For whatever reason this made me remember:

Confess I wish I still had all the VHS tapes that I still do not have on DVD yet.

The player would just not work with the new TV, and I could not find the correct connections anywhere.

That and I am a too frugal for my own good and I was about to cancel my trash service at the time AND make room for some more games, so I wanted to get my money's worth out of the trash service.

All good, I still have plenty of store credit from trade ins at a used DVD store, and a short list of DVD's I want, and only like 99 cents each.

#6676 2 years ago

Confess I am extremely uncomfortable being at any party, invite, etc., when there will be several people there and I only may know 1 or 2 of them.

I always say I am kind of a hermit, and I do not like crowds.

That is not entirely true. I can be at a amusement park with 100's or thousands of people, and I am fine. The reason is that I am not expected to fit in or even talk to anyone if I am not comfortable and have nothing to say.

Since I was a teen, I have always said no way I can do weddings or funerals.

I can not handle all the brain overload meeting so many strangers at one time that also know the person getting married, or the person that just died.

I confess that is my greatest weakness.

Hell, I would be more comfortable having to make a random speech in front of 5000 strangers.

Everyone is different, hell I know people that look all the time for some funeral to go to for someone they barely knew.

I can not deal with that stuff.

I do deal with all of that in my own way, but I just can not handle being around so many strangers, in those times.

Goodnight.

#6677 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Confess I am extremely uncomfortable being at any party, invite, etc., when there will be several people there and I only may know 1 or 2 of them.
    I always say I am kind of a hermit, and I do not like crowds.
    That is not entirely true. I can be at a amusement park with 100's or thousands of people, and I am fine. The reason is that I am not expected to fit in or even talk to anyone if I am not comfortable and have nothing to say.
    Since I was a teen, I have always said no way I can do weddings or funerals.
    I can not handle all the brain overload meeting so many strangers at one time that also know the person getting married, or the person that just died.
    I confess that is my greatest weakness.
    Hell, I would be more comfortable having to make a random speech in front of 5000 strangers.
    Everyone is different, hell I know people that look all the time for some funeral to go to for someone they barely knew.
    I do deal with all of that in my own way, but I just can not handle being around so many strangers, in those times.
    Goodnight.

Dude, I talk sports. I hate small talk/uncomfortable starting conversations but if a game is on or I know no one I just say... What's the score or did you see that game or shot today? Instant icebreaker for me

#6678 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Dude, I talk sports. I hate small talk/uncomfortable starting conversations but if a game is on or I know no one I just say... What's the score or did you see that game or shot today? Instant icebreaker for me

And if that doesn't work, ask if anyone wants to get high. Definitely separates people I want to hang with.

#6679 2 years ago

And then there's that guy.

#6680 2 years ago

I ate a tiramisu yoghurt last night.

I have decidedly mixed feelings about the whole idea.

#6681 2 years ago

I asked my girlfriend to dress up like punkin's avatar for Halloween.

20211024_000447 (resized).jpg20211024_000447 (resized).jpg
    #6682 2 years ago

Short skirt and white socks.

Peaches and cream.

Pork chops and apple sauce.

Beer and more beer.

AllOfTheseThingsAreIntrisicallyGoodPunkin

(if that's you, it's very dodgy)

#6683 2 years ago

I confess I’m so tired from work today I didn’t even have the energy to upvote all the funnies from today. I got a few. I’ll do better next time.

#6684 2 years ago
    Quoted from OzarkKing:

I asked my girlfriend to dress up like punkin's avatar for Halloween.
    [quoted image]

There’s so much going on in that picture I don’t know what to think. I’m mostly concerned about the well-being of the television haha. Please don’t skip to Halloween still need to enjoy summer!

#6685 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I’m so tired from work today I didn’t even have the energy to upvote all the funnies from today. I got a few. I’ll do better next time.

The meme thread is awesome tonight too.. Jeffy was even killing it! Needed a good laugh today! I'll upvote them for ya EJS..kick them feet up and relax!

#6686 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Confess that funeral was today, and I did not go, but other family members did, and word got back to me that they loved me and respected me for the way I am, so all good.

In a few days the crowd that showed up for that will stop calling, and I will still be there for my family, stronger than ever.

Confess I really hate Florists, and how much money they get for funeral stuff.

Not me. I will spend my time and money actually helping family, and not a single dime will I spend with some Florist.

Confess I also care less about Hallmark greeting cards, and all their made up holidays to sell more cards.

I hope all of you are having a GREAT WEEK!

My week should get a lot better pretty soon also.

#6687 2 years ago

I confess today is the first day I took a day off work as sick. Tuesday night I think I ate too much and too fast and the food was over seasoned so it’s pushing through really painfully. Even got the chills for a couple hours last night. Thankfully that’s already subsided. Hopefully before the end of the day I’ll be able to destroy a bathroom and then I’ll feel all better. Then go back to work for one day then it’s the weekend!

#6688 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Hopefully before the end of the day I’ll be able to destroy a bathroom and then I’ll feel all better.

Miralax will help you there, I swear by the stuff now.

#6689 2 years ago

Confess in the past I have tried to watch some of those survival shows like Naked And Afraid, but I can not get into any of that, unless the female in the show is pretty attractive.

In that show that let you bring one thing with you. (Or is it 2? Shows how much I even paid attention).

Anyway, I confess if I was ever doing any of that crap where you could only bring one thing, my one thing would have to be a cooler full of ice cold beer.

(If just for one day). If for more than one day my one thing would have to be a refrigerated truck full of ice cold beer.

Confess I like beer.

While on the beer subject, the best is a cooler full of beer covered in ice, but putting a beer in the freezer for 15 minutes before cracking it is not too bad either.

Also I confess that when I first started looking around in the forum here long ago, one of the first things that caught my eye was the Who Likes Beer thread, and I said Hell Yeah!

But then I seen a pattern of the beer there being very expensive stuff, and I said Hell No!

And as far as beer prices, they are proud of O'Doul's. I still buy it though when I am going to the lake and driving my boat.

25 years ago I would drink O'Doul's all day long when I was working. Some jobsite superintendents would gripe about the fact it has a trace of alcohol, and I would respond that buttermilk has more alcohol in it than these drinks.

Anyway, Cheers!

#6690 2 years ago

Also I confess that when I first started looking around in the forum here long ago, one of the first things that caught my eye was the Who Likes Beer thread, and I said Hell Yeah!

Yeah I posted a picture of a beer I had once in that thread. It wasn’t Budweiser but it was common enough someone tried showing me the door. Apparently that thread is for the really boutique beers. No thanks!

I like the seasonal pumpkin stuff but anything over 10% ABV you can’t taste shit. So I said HELL NO!!!!

I confess I can’t remember the last time I had a beer. I don’t even know if they sell natural around here.

#6691 2 years ago

Some jobsite superintendents would gripe about the fact it has a trace of alcohol, and I would respond that buttermilk has more alcohol in it than these drinks.
    Anyway, Cheers!

Would be 4 years ago this summer I had a job interview. They were chasing me more than I was chasing them. So much so I could have shown up in swim trunks and flip flops they would have offered me the job. I still have the e mail with the paperwork I had to sign to work for them. Pays more per hour than what I do now.

I don’t know how we got on the subject but the manager was ok if I had a drink or two during lunch as long as I can perform my duties. This is a national company.

Usually when the grass looks greener on the other side usually means it’s fed by sewage.

I said HELL NO and I’ll be 8 years where I’m at this fall.

#6692 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I said HELL NO!!!!

Everyone should just say HELL NO! sometimes just to see how good it feels to type that.

Quoted from EJS:

I confess I can’t remember the last time I had a beer.

I confess I am the opposite, I can remember every time that I did not have a beer, and all those times SUCKED!

(Like being very sick and having nothing but soup, or dental work that was so painful I actually took a pill and wanted to just sleep).

I am happy for every single beer that I can enjoy, life is too short, beer is awesome!

#6693 2 years ago

I confess I am the opposite, I can remember every time that I did not have a beer, and all those times SUCKED!

Until September of last year it was rare for me to NOT have a beer(s) but since that health issue came up I had to cut back and eliminate.

I’m hoping this summer I can get back into beer again. I love beer. Just because you love something doesn’t mean you can have it.

#6694 2 years ago

Everyone should just say HELL NO! sometimes just to see how good it feels to type that.

HELL yeah!

Hmmm I confess a “hell yeah” isn’t quite as powerful as a “hell no”.

#6695 2 years ago

I confess when I hear Hell Yeah, I hear that song Redneck Woman.

"Let me get a big hell yeah from the redneck girls like me. Hell Yeah!"

Great, now I'll have that stupid song in my head all day. Thanks Johnny

#6696 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I hear that song Redneck Woman.

HELL NO!

#6697 2 years ago

Went to see/hear Santana last night, my 1st concert in 2+ years. It was pretty good, but his wife Cindy on drums was awesome. But my confession is that I let the g friend drive..holy shit, she’s got a lead foot, bit of a tailgater. Heavy on the brakes, and I’m thinking I’m the one who’s gonna be replacing those pads quicker then I want to.yes, I had a few beers there, but man..I just kept quiet on the drive n was happy once we got home..

#6698 2 years ago

I'm too pedantic. I hate when people refer to a mod (modification) as a MOD and a pot (potentiometer) as a POT. They're not acronyms. And when they say Bally's instead of Bally. And say repo or repop instead of repro (reproduction).

#6699 2 years ago

I confess I like that Pinside isn't 100% about pinball and you can shoot the breeze about other topics.

#6700 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I confess when I hear Hell Yeah, I hear that song Redneck Woman.

I confess I hear the WWF's "Stone Cold" Steve Austin's voice whenever I hear a "Hell Yeah!"

There are 12,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/134?hl=becker34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.