Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,931 posts
  • 670 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 minutes ago by ReadyPO
  • Topic is favorited by 119 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Resized_20220627_204425 (resized).jpeg
    2611E52E-BD6A-452B-B406-C16D7CF3A3C7 (resized).jpeg
    D5E31BD8-92EF-4AD3-9F41-F401C7BC0415 (resized).jpeg
    F1BE3589-6D81-4759-A447-DD12CFF739F2 (resized).jpeg
    9F55320E-9D1A-4E8B-9034-63C88963BC8B (resized).jpeg
    DSCF1240[1] (resized).jpg
    20220703_092545 (resized).jpg
    20220703_092513 (resized).jpg
    B2476481-A604-46DD-91A6-FBCE74B22DD5 (resized).jpeg
    snip6 (resized).PNG
    kegfridge12 (resized).jpg
    bar4 (resized).jpg
    DSCF1236[1] (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220702-081640_Messages (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220702-081607_Messages (resized).jpg
    IMG_4848 (resized).jpg

There are 7,931 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 159.
    #6201 4 months ago

I recently took in a lil cat from a rescue as it needed a new home.. well, turns out she's a mute. Doesn't even meow or make any sound.. annnd she plays fetch when you throw her toy mouse down the hallway! Haha

#6202 4 months ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I recently took in a lil cat from a rescue as it needed a new home.. well, turns out she's a mute. Doesn't even meow or make any sound.. annnd she plays fetch when you throw her toy mouse down the hallway! Haha

Good for you bro! Love it

#6203 4 months ago

Sounds like I'm meeting a pitbull/springer cross tomorrow that needs a home. Made the decision tonight that we're ready for a new dog after dogsitting our friends pooch today. I'm not but my wife is ready for a new one

#6204 4 months ago

Sounds like I'm meeting a pitbull/springer cross tomorrow that needs a home. Made the decision tonight that we're ready for a new dog after dogsitting our friends pooch today. I'm not but my wife is ready for a new one

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

IMG_20220301_202843.jpg
    #6205 4 months ago

Her name is daisy and jumps on top of bails of hay standing still. Springer/pitbull cross

#6206 4 months ago

I'm adopting Daisy tomorrow and will keep my eye out for a German Sheppard to pair her up with

#6207 4 months ago

I've been crying for a hour. Damn

#6208 4 months ago

Confess it’s been a crazy year for us so far, with 3 trips to the ER. The last one was wild: my wife was running in her socks to feed a feral cat that comes around sometimes. She slipped on the hardwood floor, landed on her wrist and fractured it. Looks like dishes and laundry are on me for the next month or so.

#6209 4 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Confess it’s been a crazy year for us so far, with 3 trips to the ER. The last one was wild: my wife was running in her socks to feed a feral cat that comes around sometimes. She slipped on the hardwood floor, landed on her wrist and fractured it. Looks like dishes and laundry are on me for the next month or so.

Smoke a bowl and errands seem like nothing

#6210 4 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Looks like dishes and laundry are on me for the next month or so.

Everything is on me every day. If I can do it you can too.

#6211 4 months ago

Is there a ban on this subject? Nobody is talking about it.

#6212 4 months ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I think there may be. I guess it could be considered political.

#6213 4 months ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Asking about talking about it is also banned.

1D2D64CF-98A2-4860-82FB-AE498990C48D (resized).jpeg
    #6214 4 months ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I think there may be. I guess it could be considered political.

I would say no more than C-19, but in this case most everyone is on the same side. Oh well, I'll drop it. None of my hobby forums allow talk on the subject and we are stuck with Reddit.

#6215 4 months ago

My sandwich maker lives in her own house. Still tries to control my house. Pretty successful at it.

Quoted from swampfire:Confess it’s been a crazy year for us so far, with 3 trips to the ER. The last one was wild: my wife was running in her socks to feed a feral cat that comes around sometimes. She slipped on the hardwood floor, landed on her wrist and fractured it. Looks like dishes and laundry are on me for the next month or so.

Quoted from EJS:

Everything is on me every day. If I can do it you can too.

Kind of makes things easier!

#6216 4 months ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Asking about talking about it is also banned.
    [quoted image]

First rule of fight club is we don’t talk about fight club!

#6217 4 months ago

Confess that I’m glad I live near a large city (Atlanta) so that if Putin shoots his load, I’ll be vaporized. I don’t want any part of a post-apocalyptic world.

#6218 4 months ago

I confess. On occasion I have been known to have a bit of a twisted sense of humor.

And seeing something I apply it to my thinking.

My front row of pins you see when you walk in is five pins wide. Because of recent developments, it has changed to four Chicago Gaming Company pins and one other. Which someday will be moved making the whole row Chicago Gaming Company pins.

The recent threads of people searching for that amazing Stern Pinball Alley sign, which I'd really like to have. I now have the perfect spot to hang that sign in my arcade if I ever get one.

The jjp pins are migrating to the south wall of my arcade. And that Stern Pinball Alley sign would look good hanging above them. What a fitting photo op.

LTG : )

#6219 4 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Confess that I’m glad I live near a large city (Atlanta) so that if Putin shoots his load, I’ll be vaporized. I don’t want any part of a post-apocalyptic world.

Twin Cities would be safe we’re too small in terms of city size and not a critical artery.

It would be like Fallout IRL except no vaults.

I sure hope there aren’t any deathclaws.

E771EB9D-AD2B-49E7-8402-219F0C8A746A (resized).png
    #6220 4 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I confess. On occasion I have been known to have a bit of a twisted sense of humor.
    And seeing something I apply it to my thinking.
    My front row of pins you see when you walk in is five pins wide. Because of recent developments, it has changed to four Chicago Gaming Company pins and one other. Which someday will be moved making the whole row Chicago Gaming Company pins.
    The recent threads of people searching for that amazing Stern Pinball Alley sign, which I'd really like to have. I now have the perfect spot to hang that sign in my arcade if I ever get one.
    The jjp pins are migrating to the south wall of my arcade. And that Stern Pinball Alley sign would look good hanging above them. What a fitting photo op.

This one?

bcc7843f922ad947186f13cb9c1eca14b5fa3c5d (resized).jpg

#6221 4 months ago

YES !

Thank you !

#6222 4 months ago

One of the recent pics in the game room thread. Pretty impressive if you like modern Sterns.

#6223 4 months ago

I confess reading about hotdogs, pizza, ribs, and a cheese pump in a different thread is making me hungry.

#6224 4 months ago

Here is a mock up of what it might look like. Sign would be bigger.

DSC00623 (resized).JPG

#6225 4 months ago

Boom Boom.
    Grab your things i've come to take you home.

Tears me up when i hear this song. What better thing could ever reach your ears?

#6226 4 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Grab your things i've come to take you home.

Solsbury Hill by Peter Gabriel. Great song.

#6227 4 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Where was he when i was grubby and aching in a corner all those mornings coming down from the acid?

#6228 4 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I love that song! Confess I also love Games Without Frontiers.

(Confess I cannot stand Sledgehammer).

I haven't been posting much lately, because I have been getting up early and playing in the dirt.

Confess I love that Volvo excavator my friend has, 80,000-pound machine and it is very fast for its size, and controls are awesome, no slop or play at all.

(Pictured is the 20-foot-deep pit that I am digging and loading on dump trucks to build a road. The pit will be filled back in with the bad dirt and topsoil that was not usable for the road.

(Confess I think it would make one hell of a swimming pool myself, just concrete that sucker and add a diving board).

IMG_20220302_125230096 (resized).jpg
    #6229 4 months ago

https://apple.news/A5dHaIWJ4Tx2Tcctb8KTaDg

I confess I thought this would is a great idea!

#6230 4 months ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

https://apple.news/A5dHaIWJ4Tx2Tcctb8KTaDg
    I confess I thought this would is a great idea!

I can think of two people who could profit from this.

#6231 4 months ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Lol!

#6232 4 months ago

I haven't been posting much lately, because I have been getting up early and playing in the dirt.
    Confess I love that Volvo excavator my friend has, 80,000-pound machine and it is very fast for its size, and controls are awesome, no slop or play at all.
    (Pictured is the 20-foot-deep pit that I am digging and loading on dump trucks to build a road. The pit will be filled back in with the bad dirt and topsoil that was not usable for the road.
    (Confess I think it would make one hell of a swimming pool myself, just concrete that sucker and add a diving board).
    [quoted image]

Talking about Peter Gabriel, how do u not bring up the song ‘digging in the dirt?’ Lol

#6233 4 months ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Johnny is one.

#6234 4 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Johnny is one.

The other is “second street Joe” the guy I posted awhile back in the natty swim suit.

#6235 4 months ago

[quoted image]

Im happy to see its VOLVO.

#6236 4 months ago

Can't remember cooking again last night. Swear i'm gunna burn the shed down one day.

#6237 4 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Can't remember cooking again last night. Swear i'm gunna burn the shed down one day.

Maybe you should construct a cooking shed so you dont burn your collection of pinball machines?

#6238 4 months ago

I have 480 sqm here. More likely to injure myself with hot oil or something than actually burn it down.

#6239 4 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

So did you wake up with dirty dishes and say how did that happen? I had one where my brain started recording again in the middle of a meal in Jamaica. Everyone thought it was hilarious when I started asking questions like what am I eating and how did we get here? I still have about a 4 hour deleted scene from that day.

#6240 4 months ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

So did you wake up with dirty dishes and say how did that happen? I had one where my brain started recording again in the middle of a meal in Jamaica. Everyone thought it was hilarious when I started asking questions like what am I eating and how did we get here? I still have about a 4 hour deleted scene from that day.

I'm a morning dishes guy.

Reading this book atm about exactly what you are talking about. Perhaps someone borrowed your body? Read at your own risk as you may find it disturbing.

Touch by Claire North

Touch tells the story of Kepler, a "ghost" who was born as the result of a violent death hundreds of years ago. Kepler can only exist by possessing people, an act that takes complete control of a host and leaves them with no memory of the time they were possessed. Kepler is not the only one of his kind, there are many ghosts scattered all over the globe, and while the plot may focus on Kepler and his battle against an evil ghost named Galileo, the real story of Touch is the search for a semblance of humanity by an entity that can only ever assume their host's identity, never able to completely subsume the host, and therefore never able to live a life of their own.

As expected, the world that has been crafted by North is a most excellent fictional retelling of our own history, with the history of the ghosts having been inserted like they were always a part of our history. Ghosts have taken men into battle, ghosts have turned a petulant child into a blossoming young adult, ghosts are responsible for those out-of-character acts done by people who know better. North leaves no stone unturned as she crafts a world that seems so real, and it is a testament to her knowledge, research, and sheer creativity. Like all of her previous worlds, I have become so lost in the world of Touch and would love more and more stories set in this world.

The entity known by others as Kepler is the protagonist for this story, a ghost who began human life as a man but over the centuries has transitioned to a more neutral state where male, female, or non-binary gender is just a natural extension of who Kepler is. I love the concept of Kepler, but Kepler the person leaves a lot to be desired (deliberately so, I think). Kepler has lived for many years but is still incredibly naive and incredibly dense, openly compassionate whilst being silently selfish. Kepler has always tried hard to leave the smallest footprint possible with intent to make the host's life better, but always managing to destroy many lives in the process. It's really hard to empathise with an immortal being like Kepler, especially one who is so self-righteous that they can't see the harm that they cause, but North imbues Kepler with such endearing qualities that you can’t help but be fascinated by the damn entity and all the awesome / terrible things it does.

#6241 4 months ago

I confess. I didn't think email scammers could stoop any lower. I was wrong.

The email usually starts off, "I'm the surviving spouse of some big blowhard who died in a coup in Whogivesafuckistan" and they need your help getting their millions out of the country, and need you help/bank info.

Now I'm getting new ones. Same scheme, except they want your help getting their money to Ukraine to help the people there.

I hope the email scammers rot in hell.

#6242 4 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I'm a morning dishes guy.
    Reading this book atm about exactly what you are talking about. Perhaps someone borrowed your body? Read at your own risk as you may find it disturbing.
    Touch by Claire North
    Touch tells the story of Kepler, a "ghost" who was born as the result of a violent death hundreds of years ago. Kepler can only exist by possessing people, an act that takes complete control of a host and leaves them with no memory of the time they were possessed. Kepler is not the only one of his kind, there are many ghosts scattered all over the globe, and while the plot may focus on Kepler and his battle against an evil ghost named Galileo, the real story of Touch is the search for a semblance of humanity by an entity that can only ever assume their host's identity, never able to completely subsume the host, and therefore never able to live a life of their own.
    As expected, the world that has been crafted by North is a most excellent fictional retelling of our own history, with the history of the ghosts having been inserted like they were always a part of our history. Ghosts have taken men into battle, ghosts have turned a petulant child into a blossoming young adult, ghosts are responsible for those out-of-character acts done by people who know better. North leaves no stone unturned as she crafts a world that seems so real, and it is a testament to her knowledge, research, and sheer creativity. Like all of her previous worlds, I have become so lost in the world of Touch and would love more and more stories set in this world.
    The entity known by others as Kepler is the protagonist for this story, a ghost who began human life as a man but over the centuries has transitioned to a more neutral state where male, female, or non-binary gender is just a natural extension of who Kepler is. I love the concept of Kepler, but Kepler the person leaves a lot to be desired (deliberately so, I think). Kepler has lived for many years but is still incredibly naive and incredibly dense, openly compassionate whilst being silently selfish. Kepler has always tried hard to leave the smallest footprint possible with intent to make the host's life better, but always managing to destroy many lives in the process. It's really hard to empathise with an immortal being like Kepler, especially one who is so self-righteous that they can't see the harm that they cause, but North imbues Kepler with such endearing qualities that you can’t help but be fascinated by the damn entity and all the awesome / terrible things it does.

Please remind me to get a copy of that book.

#6243 4 months ago

#6244 4 months ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Please remind me to get a copy of that book.

Don't forget to get a copy of Touch.

DSCF0747[1] (resized).jpg

#6245 4 months ago

Please remind me of that too. Damn JohnnyPinball007 is so quick with his thumbs up Im impressed

#6246 4 months ago

After my divorce about 20 years ago I went on a little brandy drinking bender for about 6 months, mostly out of boredom from getting home from work at 4pm and having nothing else to do.

I woke up one morning knowing that I had to get gas before work, to leave a few min early. Came downstairs, there are dvd's and cd's all over the living room (i like to turn shit up loud when I'm drinking). I go in the fridge, there's a pizza there that I dont remember ordering, and looking closer I didnt get it delivered, I picked it up (right around the corner). Get in the car, the tank is full. So at some point during the evening I ordered a pizza, picked it up, filled up the car w gas, and dont remember any of it. Luckily that stage didn't last long.

#6247 4 months ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

After my divorce about 20 years ago I went on a little brandy drinking bender for about 6 months, mostly out of boredom from getting home from work at 4pm and having nothing else to do.
    I woke up one morning knowing that I had to get gas before work, to leave a few min early. Came downstairs, there are dvd's and cd's all over the living room (i like to turn shit up loud when I'm drinking). I go in the fridge, there's a pizza there that I dont remember ordering, and looking closer I didnt get it delivered, I picked it up (right around the corner). Get in the car, the tank is full. So at some point during the evening I ordered a pizza, picked it up, filled up the car w gas, and dont remember any of it. Luckily that stage didn't last long.

I don't drive when i'm drunk, but the food thing is a regular.

Often wake up with a pizza in the fridge thinking i hadn't had anything to eat the night before.

It's called the Morning Mysteries here and my mates are always keen for a morning mystery story.

#6248 4 months ago

Scary stuff pinzrfun, reminds me of a personal story.

Around 1989, I was a young idiot and I drove home from a bar drunk. While I was driving I puked all over my windshield and had to wipe it off with my sleeve. I got home to my apartment somehow, around 2am. Well, an hour later there are sirens going off like crazy, I see police blues and an ambulance. I immediately think: “I’ve hit someone, my life is over”. I called in sick to work the next day, and around 4pm I went to the apartment office to see what had happened. The girl says: “oh, an elderly guy had a heart attack while he was sleeping”. Doesn’t explain the police car, but I felt like I dodged a huge bullet and I never drove drunk again. In fact, I stopped drinking for about 5 years after that so I could get my shit together.

#6249 4 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I have 480 sqm here.

I kept reading this as square miles and trying to figure out what you were talking about. D'oh!

#6250 4 months ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I kept reading this as square miles and trying to figure out what you were talking about. D'oh!

5200 sq'

There are 7,931 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 159.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!