Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,550 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 251.
    #6051 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess you people are so maybe.
    Get a presence in your life.

I have absolution - I tell ya what, I love dogs.

No fuckin' way I'm getting another dog. I travel and do shit, and i'm not being a part time dog owner. Also, my wife hates the mess.
    There. Done!

#6052 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I could tell you stories like this all day long.

Fire away! It helps pass the workday.........

#6053 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Fire away! It helps pass the workday.........

I confess some of my stories I'd have to double check against the pinside community guidelines plus I don't want to sound too negative. I'll have to try to think of some of the more funny/ light hearted crazy ex stories from my 20's. I confess I look back on those days fondly but it's best to look at those experiences at a distance. Speaking of U of M my friend who went there back in the 80s and 90s remembers sitting at the pharmacy waiting awhile for something to get filled and remembers seeing a lot of products along a certain genre being sold to a lot of students. Mostly to prevent those oh-shit moments a month after partying.

Your story does remind me of a friend who had a lady who sat a few desks away from him in an office complain about her personal life a lot and got an earful and it was so tempting to give her simple advice.

#6054 2 years ago

I was reading the funny caption thread and thought I should confess something that might surprise a lot of you. I confess I've never actually watched The Office. I generally know what the characters look like but if you sent me a text-only quote from the show I probably wouldn't be able to identify it.

#6055 2 years ago

Okay I thought of one for pinzrfun

We're going way back. I don't even know if I was 18 yet, probably best to say I was.

I was helping pinballplusMN haul a Monster Bash back to his shop from one of his larger locations. Ran into a lady who thought it was neat we worked on pinballs. I confess we both get that comment a lot and it's bullshit we could have been plumbers and they'd say the same thing. When you hear it enough times you can tell when they have sincerity in their voice. They just like seeing guys getting work done and being productive.

Anyway talked for about a week on the phone. I don't think texting was a thing yet. Met her at the shop that week later playing the MB I had shopped out. I remember the phone sitting on the playfield glass on the game next to me since I was still responsible for the phones until 5:00 she stops in to meet up right after we close. There was a Last Action Hero the showroom too so she commented how much she liked Arnold blah blah blah.

We talk for a bit and then instead of getting something to eat she wanted to stop by and visit her sister with me really quick. Bad judgement on her part since we've hardly spent anytime together and hardly know each other. Bad judgement on my part for me letting her drive us to her sisters just over in West Saint Paul.

As we drive there she just happens to turn down the street past the apartment of this other girl I had been seeing for a few weeks and she nor her family drove so I had to slide low into the seat in case any of them were getting off the bus and saw me. Unlikely but you know. Anyway on the ride over she's telling me how her sister just had a kid and hadn't seen it yet. (that's great bring a stranger over to see her sisters kid) As she keeps driving she tells me she has this medical condition where she feels it's safer to have kids at a younger age. Sounds like great news for me since she's thinking about that activity then.

Anyway get there, and meet her sister and her newborn. Not the dad, he's deployed overseas. Or so I'm told. Then after this gal holds her new family member she wanted me to hold the baby too to see how I looked with a kid in my arms. I'm on total guilt trip now. If I was the father of that kid I'd be unable to make up my mind to figure out who to be most upset at. Me, his wife, or her sister. My feeling guilty is holding a kid whose father hasn't even met his own child yet and here's some stranger brought into the house holding his kid and he's overseas fighting.

Moving on later in the weekend or whatever we're hanging out at her place in NE MPLS and her parents are gone for the weekend or so she says. At this point I'm actually wondering if I'm even at her house. A few of her friends come by we hang out in the living room. But then all of a sudden "she's in the mood" and wants to go upstairs....all while her friends are here. They all seemed to be okay with it.

At this point I confess I'm already bored with talking about this lady but you get the general idea.

The worst part about this woman was that her car had those seat belts that would automatically slide backward and forwards when you opened and closed the door or started the car I can't remember which. Anyway I was wearing a sweater I really liked and had a Swisher burning in my mouth and the seat belt clipped it and buried the hot cherry right into my sweater.

All things considered I should feel lucky if that was the worst that happened to me. Couple weeks later apparently if I don't answer the phone right away I'm automatically assumed to be with another woman and I'm the bad guy. Aaaaand done.

She never got a kid out of me as far as I know. And no, I never saw her play one game of pinball. I was right.

#6056 2 years ago

Scrolled through johnny.

#6057 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Scrolled through johnny.

Woohoo I have achieved Johnny status again.

Be lucky you could scroll through it I had to live through 3 of those weeks.

#6058 2 years ago

#6059 2 years ago

It’s one of the best shows that were on TV!

Quoted from EJS:I was reading the funny caption thread and thought I should confess something that might surprise a lot of you. I confess I've never actually watched The Office. I generally know what the characters look like but if you sent me a text-only quote from the show I probably wouldn't be able to identify it.

#6060 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

We're going way back. I don't even know if I was 18 yet, probably best to say I was.
    I was helping pinballplusMN haul a Monster Bash back to his shop from one of his larger locations. Ran into a lady who thought it was neat we worked on pinballs. I confess we both get that comment a lot and it's bullshit we could have been plumbers and they'd say the same thing. When you hear it enough times you can tell when they have sincerity in their voice. They just like seeing guys getting work done and being productive.
    Anyway talked for about a week on the phone. I don't think texting was a thing yet. Met her at the shop that week later playing the MB I had shopped out. I remember the phone sitting on the playfield glass on the game next to me since I was still responsible for the phones until 5:00 she stops in to meet up right after we close. There was a Last Action Hero the showroom too so she commented how much she liked Arnold blah blah blah.
    We talk for a bit and then instead of getting something to eat she wanted to stop by and visit her sister with me really quick. Bad judgement on her part since we've hardly spent anytime together and hardly know each other. Bad judgement on my part for me letting her drive us to her sisters just over in West Saint Paul.
    As we drive there she just happens to turn down the street past the apartment of this other girl I had been seeing for a few weeks and she nor her family drove so I had to slide low into the seat in case any of them were getting off the bus and saw me. Unlikely but you know. Anyway on the ride over she's telling me how her sister just had a kid and hadn't seen it yet. (that's great bring a stranger over to see her sisters kid) As she keeps driving she tells me she has this medical condition where she feels it's safer to have kids at a younger age. Sounds like great news for me since she's thinking about that activity then.
    Anyway get there, and meet her sister and her newborn. Not the dad, he's deployed overseas. Or so I'm told. Then after this gal holds her new family member she wanted me to hold the baby too to see how I looked with a kid in my arms. I'm on total guilt trip now. If I was the father of that kid I'd be unable to make up my mind to figure out who to be most upset at. Me, his wife, or her sister. My feeling guilty is holding a kid whose father hasn't even met his own child yet and here's some stranger brought into the house holding his kid and he's overseas fighting.
    Moving on later in the weekend or whatever we're hanging out at her place in NE MPLS and her parents are gone for the weekend or so she says. At this point I'm actually wondering if I'm even at her house. A few of her friends come by we hang out in the living room. But then all of a sudden "she's in the mood" and wants to go upstairs....all while her friends are here. They all seemed to be okay with it.
    At this point I confess I'm already bored with talking about this lady but you get the general idea.
    The worst part about this woman was that her car had those seat belts that would automatically slide backward and forwards when you opened and closed the door or started the car I can't remember which. Anyway I was wearing a sweater I really liked and had a Swisher burning in my mouth and the seat belt clipped it and buried the hot cherry right into my sweater.
    All things considered I should feel lucky if that was the worst that happened to me. Couple weeks later apparently if I don't answer the phone right away I'm automatically assumed to be with another woman and I'm the bad guy. Aaaaand done.
    She never got a kid out of me as far as I know. And no, I never saw her play one game of pinball. I was right.

Sounds like the type you definitely need to provide your own protection.

#6061 2 years ago

Confess the Haggis fathom thread had me looking up Entitlement Syndrome.

Seems pretty apt.

What Is a Sense of Entitlement?
    You owe me. The entitlement mentality is defined as a sense of deservingness or being owed a favor when little or nothing has been done to deserve special treatment. It’s the “you owe me” attitude.

Entitlement is a narcissistic personality trait. It’s not known exactly how this mentality develops. It may be due to social factors like:

The environment you grew up in
    The way your parents treated you
    Whether adults solved your problems for you
    How you are treated by authority figures
    The environment you’re raised in can affect how you see the world and what you expect from other people. It can even affect personal and professional relationships.

The Cycle of Entitlement
    Feeling entitled to something and the disappointment that follows when you don’t get what you want can reinforce entitled behavior. This typically follows a vicious 3-step cycle:

When you’re entitled, you’re always vulnerable to the threat of unmet expectations.
    When your expectations aren’t met, it can lead to dissatisfaction and other emotions like anger and a sense of being cheated.
    When you’re distressed, you try to fix the situation and console yourself. This results in self-reassurance that you deserve everything you've ever wanted, which reinforces the same entitled behavior.

#6062 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess the Haggis fathom thread had me looking up Entitlement Syndrome.
    Seems pretty apt.
    What Is a Sense of Entitlement?
    You owe me. The entitlement mentality is defined as a sense of deservingness or being owed a favor when little or nothing has been done to deserve special treatment. It’s the “you owe me” attitude.
    Entitlement is a narcissistic personality trait. It’s not known exactly how this mentality develops. It may be due to social factors like:
    The environment you grew up in
    The way your parents treated you
    Whether adults solved your problems for you
    How you are treated by authority figures
    The environment you’re raised in can affect how you see the world and what you expect from other people. It can even affect personal and professional relationships.
    The Cycle of Entitlement
    Feeling entitled to something and the disappointment that follows when you don’t get what you want can reinforce entitled behavior. This typically follows a vicious 3-step cycle:
    When you’re entitled, you’re always vulnerable to the threat of unmet expectations.
    When your expectations aren’t met, it can lead to dissatisfaction and other emotions like anger and a sense of being cheated.
    When you’re distressed, you try to fix the situation and console yourself. This results in self-reassurance that you deserve everything you've ever wanted, which reinforces the same entitled behavior.

I'm not "for" entitlement and I work hard at teaching my late teen boys that you are owed nothing. It's ALL up to them to achieve or work.
    I can't imagine how a rich kid gets by in life if something doesn't go their way...

#6063 2 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

I'm not "for" entitlement and I work hard at teaching my late teen boys that you are owed nothing. It's ALL up to them to achieve or work.
    I can't imagine how a rich kid gets by in life if something doesn't go their way...

Read the last six pages of that thread and wonder no more.

#6064 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

That's the kinda chick you wear 2 rubbers, in case one breaks.

Take no chances...............

#6065 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Sounds like the type you definitely need to provide your own protection.

Always dress for the occasion.

#6066 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Woohoo I have achieved Johnny status again.

Easy to do on a full-size computer keyboard while goofing off.

Typing all of that on a phone, Hell No!

Anyway, I have been busy for a while and have been getting up pretty early, and now my beer tolerance is way down.

Right now 10 beers makes me feel like what 16 beers used to do.

I confess I am not complaining, because beer prices just went up and that ticked me off anyway.

Yeah, all the threads here about pinball machine prices going up never bothered me, but when beer prices go up that hits home for me and ticks me off.

No plans to stop buying beer. No plans to stop buying pinball machines, but a pinball machine would really have to be a theme well done that I really want from now on. With the higher prices no more just buying a game for the hell of it based on rating comments here.

At this moment for me anyway, I am having fun planning my next saltwater fishing trip, and gathering up what I need to try tips I have been told that work great.

40 years ago I loved pinball, and I still do.

40 years ago I loved fishing, and I still do.

I confess this site is the only social media I have ever been on, and I will always be careful here also.

(The last thing I need is to post a pic of a fish I caught here, to have DNR law enforcement come knocking on my door saying that fish I caught that I was proud of and posted pics of that was 42 inches long and weighed 60 pounds was actually undersized and I did not know it had to be 43 inches long, and now I get a $1000.00 fine).

Way too many rules to even try to keep up with everything.

I am glad that most speed limits are posted clearly. If that sign says 70, I know most places that means that 80 is ok, and 95 maybe for a while, and in some areas bring it down to 75.

Life is short, have all the fun that you can, just learn how to know when to ease back a tad when needed to stay out of trouble.

#6067 2 years ago

I’m on day 6 of enforced sobriety (due to antibiotics), and I confess that I feel pretty good and don’t miss the beer too much. Not being in pain is nice too.

Confess that I’m enjoying Mata Hari and Lightning as much as Led Zeppelin and Stranger Things. Though I usually play those older games a little better after a few beers.

#6068 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I’m on day 6 of enforced sobriety (due to antibiotics), and I confess that I feel pretty good and don’t miss the beer too much. Not being in pain is nice too.
    Confess that I’m enjoying Mata Hari and Lightning as much as Led Zeppelin and Stranger Things. Though I usually play those older games a little better after a few beers.

I confess I once owned a lighting but never got it working the entire time I owned it.

Feeling better on day 6 is pretty good that’s when I got crabby. At the two week mark things were looking good for me. I confess I picked the worst time of the year to quit drinking too. Oktoberfest followed by pumpkin beers.

#6069 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I’m on day 6 of enforced sobriety (due to antibiotics)

I confess I would slow down on beer a little while taking antibiotics, but I never stopped completely.

#6070 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I once owned a lighting but never got it working the entire time I owned it.

I’ve had mine for 7 years, and finally got it bullet-proofed and working last month. I was planning to sell it, but I’m enjoying it too much. It has great rules for 1981, and it’s fast as…Lightning.

#6071 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I’ve had mine for 7 years, and finally got it bullet-proofed and working last month. I was planning to sell it, but I’m enjoying it too much. It has great rules for 1981, and it’s fast as…Lightning.

Found a couple pictures of mine. Going from memory I think someone painted the cabinet solid colors. I confess I wish I had this game again and also the Wizard next to it. These pictures have to be at least 16 years old

Picture 014 (resized).jpgPicture 014 (resized).jpgPicture 015 (resized).jpgPicture 015 (resized).jpg

#6072 2 years ago

Nearly all antibiotics are fine with alcohol. Nurses, chemists and doctors just always say don't drink. But if you read the msds it will state if alcohol affects the medication.

If it doesn't say it in the msds then it's someones bullshit.

#6073 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Nearly all antibiotics are fine with alcohol.

Metronidazole (Flagyl) is an exception. I found a good video explaining it - it’s like drinking on Antabuse. Your liver can’t break down ethanol while you’re taking it.

5AFE74B9-8B63-45C5-A44F-CE0B331DF119 (resized).jpeg5AFE74B9-8B63-45C5-A44F-CE0B331DF119 (resized).jpeg

#6074 2 years ago

EJS you motivated me to take some pics of mine. I love Thor on the upper playfield.

20EE7CD4-42B8-4DB3-8948-6352DB37C82B (resized).jpeg20EE7CD4-42B8-4DB3-8948-6352DB37C82B (resized).jpeg2E6D8CB3-842B-4E10-AB64-0ED8D13B8C9E (resized).jpeg2E6D8CB3-842B-4E10-AB64-0ED8D13B8C9E (resized).jpeg9F106ED1-996C-43A0-9718-67979DF5A691 (resized).jpeg9F106ED1-996C-43A0-9718-67979DF5A691 (resized).jpegEF00AE6B-CA38-4569-AB2E-1E9CF64A5992 (resized).jpegEF00AE6B-CA38-4569-AB2E-1E9CF64A5992 (resized).jpeg
    #6075 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

EJS you motivated me to take some pics of mine. I love Thor on the upper playfield.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

His reaction is like mine to how much better your playfield is.

#6076 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

His reaction is like mine to how much better your playfield is.

It took some magic eraser to get it looking that good. I also had to pop out the big blue inserts and sand them flat. I was grumbling through the whole restoration because I just wanted to sell it. Too soon to know if it’s a keeper, but it’s a lot of fun right now.

#6077 2 years ago

Confess it seems so peaceful on here this morning (touch wood) after having to bash the trolls three times each yesterday.

#6078 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess it seems so peaceful on here this morning (touch wood) after having to bash the trolls three times each yesterday.

You must have done a good job.

LTG : )

#6079 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You must have done a good job.
    LTG : )

Teamwork.

#6080 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

It took some magic eraser to get it looking that good. I also had to pop out the big blue inserts and sand them flat. I was grumbling through the whole restoration because I just wanted to sell it. Too soon to know if it’s a keeper, but it’s a lot of fun right now.

Does the magic eraser work with swirl marks on the playfield without taking color?

#6081 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

Does the magic eraser work with swirl marks on the playfield without taking color?

There’s definitely some skill involved - I do it by feel. If you go 15 seconds too long, you will remove paint. It also removes some of the protective lacquer, so I wax it 5x after I remove the swirl marks. Confess I hope I never have to do another playfield.

#6082 2 years ago

This, and it also changes the look/feel/reflection of the playfield so in a way you almost have to do it most everywhere. I let my friend DavidLee magic eraser my playfields I’m too scared to do it myself.

#6083 2 years ago

I confess I haven't looked at this thread for a few days. Here are some thoughts I just had:
    Chunky peanut butter is better than smooth.
    I hate that I have to work on the weekends, because I have school during the weekdays.
    I confess I think I prefer school to work.
    I confess this was all very random. I just was at my laptop and decided to post here because why not. And everyone here already knows I'm a little odd, so who cares.

#6084 2 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess I think I prefer school to work.

You'll eventually feel differently but will take awhile. Might not be your first job or your second but as my friend says, things always fall into place.

#6085 2 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I hate that I have to work on the weekends

I had a last minute work surprise pop up today too. Beats having my on call guy come from SD. A little bit of overtime and they get fixed sooner, everyone wins. It's cold and windy in MN so what else to do.

#6086 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

. It's cold and windy in MN so what else to do.

Do what any sane personi n MN would do...head to LTG's location & play some pinball !

#6087 2 years ago

I jump the cue ball off the table on purpose to scare the other half when she's not paying attention

#6088 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I jump the cue ball off the table on purpose to scare the other half when she's not paying attention

I used to like to hit the accelerator with a little punch when she was putting lipstick on in the car.

Mouse trap in the undie drawer works too.

#6089 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I used to like to hit the accelerator with a little punch when she was putting lipstick on in the car

Haha, my wife doesn’t attempt lipstick anymore since she nearly swallowed her L’Oréal colour riche.

#6090 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I used to like to hit the accelerator with a little punch when she was putting lipstick on in the car.

I just hit bumps in the road so that it is not so obvious.

#6091 2 years ago

I confess it’s fun being on a thread when posts are being made:

AB8B325B-1EFF-43B2-B464-212159313481 (resized).pngAB8B325B-1EFF-43B2-B464-212159313481 (resized).png
    #6092 2 years ago

I confess I hope work is quiet tomorrow so I can get some shopping done late afternoon. There’s supposed to be a lot of snow starting tomorrow morning so all the more reason to hope to not have to go anywhere.

I’m also not looking forward to working on my first Sonic game but it looks really similar to Williams. I brought it to pinballplusMN to work in it in his garage. Not the SAME same game but this being a Super Straight was the 4th pinball he ever owned and his first EM. Kind of neat cause he’s probably owned 1000s of machines over the decades.

The flippers look really strange underneath so going to put WPC style flippers in there.

#6093 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I hope work is quiet tomorrow

I confess I am so glad that I have not had much work the last few days. I love a 3-hour afternoon nap.

We did play a few games on Oktoberfest while ago, and after seeing Jay still is the looper champ I am now motivated to play some more games on it so I can beat his score.

Pinball and Pinside is AWESOME! But the older I get I love a long afternoon nap.

#6094 2 years ago

Confess we just got a little snow for absolutely no reason, which hampers my plans to work on my homebrew cabinet outside.
    Guess I'm doing it in the mudroom again.

IMG_20220221_085721789[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20220221_085721789[1] (resized).jpg
    #6095 2 years ago

Wow! Nice Volkswagen!

Quoted from snowy_owl:Confess we just got a little snow for absolutely no reason, which hampers my plans to work on my homebrew cabinet outside.
    Guess I'm doing it in the mudroom again.[quoted image]

#6096 2 years ago

I confess I hate when I try logging into something online and then the page finishes loading and then you keep typing and your username starts getting added to the password. Anyone else hate this? Also Sams Club web site is insta-crash and yes that's with the best possible browser.

Anyway, confess I'm happy I haven't had to leave the house yet today but still getting a lot of work done from the computer which is nice. Maybe I'll work on some more pinball stuff later this evening.

#6097 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I hate when I try logging into something online and then the page finishes loading and then you keep typing and your username starts getting added to the password. Anyone else hate this? Also Sams Club web site is insta-crash and yes that's with the best possible browser.
    Anyway, confess I'm happy I haven't had to leave the house yet today but still getting a lot of work done from the computer which is nice. Maybe I'll work on some more pinball stuff later this evening.

I hate when i'm surfing porn and google warns me that some of the sites may be explicit.

I want them all to be explicit.

#6098 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I want them all to be explicit.

In my deepest NPR radio voice.....

*slowly opens new Pinside tab*

*scrolls ALL THE WAY DOWN to the unread threads*

#6099 2 years ago

I confess I just realized punkin might not have NPR?

#6100 2 years ago

Google tells me that's a North American radio station, so no.

We have JJJ. It's also a govt run radio network that stretches across the country. Aimed at young people, i've listened to it exclusively since i was in my teens and it was on AM radio.

Explicit songs, language and a focus on new release Australian music, and best of all....NO ADS!

https://www.abc.net.au/triplej/

Pretty sure you guys can listen to it over there in the contiguous 48 too.

There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/122?hl=becker34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.