Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,501 posts
  • 720 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    corvair27 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    istockphoto-1179823122-612x612 (resized).jpg
    beijing-lamb-chuan-13 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240104_184633712[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240104_184617341[1] (resized).jpg
    0A18CD89-6539-4786-AA30-EAEBB03F87E5 (resized).jpeg
    R0010223 (resized).jpg
    upPL5r70b2agIXq8PVOUcC8sZxFswrJqNjYB2jYzALE (resized).jpg

There are 12,501 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 251.
    #6001 2 years ago

I bought a stargate a year or two ago from a guy up north who had advertised it. We'd agreed on a price and i paid him in full.

Well it was a couple of months before bill (the Aussie pinhauler guy) was up that way. We both knew he would be up there that week and i get a Call from Bill saying he'd rung the guy to say he'd be there to pick up next day and the guy told him he was packing it up when he realized he didn't want to sell it.

I ring the guy and he says, i';ll give your money back but i'm keeping it.

No legal threats or anything would sway him and he duly returned my money that he'd been sitting on for months.

FuckingTenYearOldsIHaveDealtWithPunkin

#6002 2 years ago

I sometimes let the g friend color my hair/mustache. It use to be black, but now that I’m over 50, it’s easy to see the white come thru.

#6003 2 years ago

Confess that when my coffee gets cold and this old guy is in my lap, I’ll just drink it cold. He hates when I get up to use the microwave.

AADD49D2-1BC4-403F-9B21-670A87DF2DE9 (resized).jpegAADD49D2-1BC4-403F-9B21-670A87DF2DE9 (resized).jpeg

33B43390-C2B3-4E74-A077-0734387E4EA3 (resized).jpeg33B43390-C2B3-4E74-A077-0734387E4EA3 (resized).jpeg

8508B0D6-E9F7-4827-B98D-CD69B5223E4A (resized).jpeg8508B0D6-E9F7-4827-B98D-CD69B5223E4A (resized).jpeg

#6004 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Can you confess why are you fed up with Oak Island?

It just drags along with the same old crap with only about 20 minutes of new footage each episode.

#6005 2 years ago

I don’t know what Wordle is, nor do I care.

#6006 2 years ago

Good to see Little Johnny back. The week went fast

#6007 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Good to see Little Johnny back. The week went fast

I confess most of the week flew by, except for the times I had to wait on my girlfriend another 2 hours to mess with her hair, when we were going to be driving all day anyway.

I confess I hope she does not read that.

Anyway the fishing was slow, only caught 17 fish, and the fights with the fish were fun, but all of them were junk (catfish), and we threw them back.

The weather SUCKED! A cold front came through and brought rain, but at this place no big deal.

Windy cold and raining, but when I made the picture below, I was sitting on the sofa in the room watching TV, while also watching the fishing rods out on our balcony.

About like being on a boat, except not on a boat but in a motel room, and I could just drink all the beer I wanted, and never had to drive anywhere once we got there.

That whole area is just cool and laid back. The kind of place where no one ever gets offended about a damn thing, just fishing, drinking, and shooting the shit.

PARADISE! (for me anyway).

IMG_20220208_163317094_MP (resized).jpgIMG_20220208_163317094_MP (resized).jpg
    #6008 2 years ago

LTG while I was on vacation I ran into a couple from MN, and they live near Hopkins, but had never heard of your place and they love pinball, so hopefully even if they never actually stop by, maybe they will remember how I told them that you are awesome and will tell some more people and they will show up.

I confess that I had to bring it up that if they actually ever stop by, because I also told them where to walk to get the best food, and later I ran into them and all they did was walked to the closest place.

I confess in my travels I am not sure when I will get back to MN, kind of loving FL right now, but anytime I run into anyone that loves pinball I tell them to stop by your game room.

#6009 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

LTG while I was on vacation I ran into a couple from MN, and they live near Hopkins, but had never heard of your place and they love pinball, so hopefully even if they never actually stop by, maybe they will remember how I told them that you are awesome and will tell some more people and they will show up.
    I confess that I had to bring it up that if they actually ever stop by, because I also told them where to walk to get the best food, and later I ran into them and all they did was walked to the closest place.
    I confess in my travels I am not sure when I will get back to MN, kind of loving FL right now, but anytime I run into anyone that loves pinball I tell them to stop by your game room.

You’re out of orange juice and eggs.

#6010 2 years ago

Thank you !
    LTG : )

#6011 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

You’re out of orange juice and eggs.

I confess again, I hate typing on a phone, I love a full-size computer keyboard.

Sorry I did not reply to your last text, I was pretty busy, but I really hope that your steam burn was not too bad, and you are all good now.

(And yeah, about to send you a pm here, so I hope you behaved today and don't freak out when your message box goes to jumping and you are afraid to open it for fear of a moderation).

Quoted from LTG:

Thank you !

You are welcome!

Anytime I meet new people and find that they are from your area I will always try to help drum up some more business for you.

I don't wear t-shirts, but if you ever made some baseball caps for sale with your logo, I would buy one or more and always wear them, and try to drum up even more business for you.

I still hope to meet you in person, and play games in your arcade, but right now we are just loving going on fishing trips down in FL.

And I confess, I have not turned on any pinball machines in a few weeks now, but I want too again soon. I smile a little every time I walk by them.

#6012 2 years ago

I confess the world could use a few more Johnny's out there helping each other out.

#6013 2 years ago

I confess I have a slight headache after only a couple drinks last night.

Have a fridgeful of food and snacks that we'll be working on all day as we watch Matt Stafford (hopefully) walk away with a Super Bowl ring tonight after watching him flounder behind the Lions for over a decade.

#6014 2 years ago

It's 6.30am and the fucking circuit training girls in the gym next door are playing Murder on the Dance Floor.

I despise that song, my mates would always start singing it when they wanted to piss me off.

WhatAStartToMondayPunkin

#6015 2 years ago

It's Sunday over here punkin.. also, just play something (ac/dc perhaps) louder..problem solved

#6016 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

It's Sunday over here punkin.. also, just play something (ac/dc perhaps) louder..problem solved

Yeah, that's the usual solution of an evening, or if he gets in and starts playing that screaming death metal he likes in the morning sometimes.

But it was one song so i waited it out. It would have been in my head from the first note anyway.

My Sunday is gone unfortunately, great comp day of pinball here on sundays.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Woopi-Freeballers-Inc/100057337875131/

#6017 2 years ago

I confess that I used to work with a girl (well, woman, 43 yrs old). Doubt she did very well in high school, which was as far as she went. Shallow, racist, not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but a work "friend" none the less, mostly due to proximity in the office. She would make up stories for attention and/or pity - "oh I used to work there but I got molested and quit", that kind of thing.

She never went to college like almost everyone else at work, yet she had a U of M license plate frame, U of M stickers on her windows, U of M jacket, etc. I think her feeling of inferiority about not having a degree and her low self esteem in general was what caused her to to do that, just desperate for people to THINK she had gone there. It both saddened and slightly angered me at the time. Saddened me because it was pitiful, and angered me that she was "lying" to people.

#6018 2 years ago

In the past I have saved old voice mails for school closing announcements to later play for my kid on days he has school. Usually I would walk in to his room playing it loudly at 7 in the morning on my phone. I am a horrible dad.

#6019 2 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

In the past I have saved old voice mails for school closing announcements to later play for my kid on days he has school. Usually I would walk in to his room playing it loudly at 7 in the morning on my phone. I am a horrible dad.

That's not even close.

I once talked my ten year old into climbing into a used olive drum with a bit of olive juice in the bottom, to screw a nut on the end of a spout i'd drilled in there.

Once he had it nice and tight i kicked the drum, rolling down the steep driveway till it crashed into the garage door with him in it.

He still calls me out for that and he's nearly 40.

#6020 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

That's not even close.
    I once talked my ten year old into climbing into a used olive drum with a bit of olive juice in the bottom, to screw a nut on the end of a spout i'd drilled in there.
    Once he had it nice and tight i kicked the drum, rolling down the steep driveway till it crashed into the garage door with him in it.
    He still calls me out for that and he's nearly 40.

The good old days when you could physically abuse a child, not have it posted online, and not end up with 4 different government agencies trying to take your kid away and putting you in family therapy for 2 years.

#6021 2 years ago

He doesn't call it physical abuse that's for sure.

#6022 2 years ago

Yesterday my girlfriend said that the Valentine's Day card was the sweetest card I have ever gave her.

I confess I could not find any funny Valentine's Day cards, and I went to 3 different stores before finally settling on a more normal card.

#6023 2 years ago

Yesterday my girlfriend said that the Valentine's Day card was the sweetest card I have ever gave her.
    I confess I could not find any funny Valentine's Day cards, and I went to 3 different stores before finally settling on a more normal card.

That’s dedication Johnny. I made a quick trip to the grocery store w the g friend Saturday night for misc. stuff for the sb. Snuck in the card aisle, quickly read 3, and just picked 1. I have a simple lady..she likes a card & chocolates-no flowers!

#6024 2 years ago

The only serious greeting cards I use are sympathy cards.

Otherwise, I always use funny cards.

My local dollar tree usually has a good selection. If I can't find something there, walmart, target, price chopper, and barnes & noble all have decent selections of cards here.

#6025 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

She never went to college like almost everyone else at work, yet she had a U of M license plate frame, U of M stickers on her windows, U of M jacket, etc. I think her feeling of inferiority about not having a degree and her low self esteem in general was what caused her to to do that, just desperate for people to THINK she had gone there. It both saddened and slightly angered me at the time. Saddened me because it was pitiful, and angered me that she was "lying" to people.

You don’t think she was just a U of M football fan? UGA stickers are all over the place around here.

#6026 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

You don’t think she was just a U of M football fan? UGA stickers are all over the place around here.

No. The girl was fucked up in the head.

#6027 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I confess that I used to work with a girl (well, woman, 43 yrs old). Doubt she did very well in high school, which was as far as she went. Shallow, racist, not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but a work "friend" none the less, mostly due to proximity in the office. She would make up stories for attention and/or pity - "oh I used to work there but I got molested and quit", that kind of thing.

I could tell you stories like this all day long.

#6028 2 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

I have a simple lady..she likes a card & chocolates-no flowers!

Mine is trying to lose weight so no more candy. Picked her up some lottery scratch offs, and she was happy.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

My local dollar tree usually has a good selection.

Never been in that store, thanks for the heads up.

I confess I used to buy all cards from Spencer's, but they went from funny to mean last time I looked there.

(Stuff like "today is your birthday, and you will not be getting your wish of a BJ").

#6029 2 years ago

I confess. I like to spread joy and happiness where ever I go.

Many years ago a friend and his wife were in before Valentine's Day. We were talking about the day. So I asked her what she was getting her husband for Valentine's Day ? I told her Valentine's Day is for lovers. Not just the wife gets.

If looks could kill, I wouldn't be posting this.

LTG : )

#6030 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Confess so far, I have never sent a sympathy card.

The only serious greeting card I ever buy is for Mother's Day, and confess I never read all that, it just has to say Mom, from son, and have lots of flowers pictured, and be VERY long!

Kind of like some of those long posts I used to make here.

Bonus if the Mother's Day card has a bookmark also but have not seen any of those in a while.

Confess these blue underlines piss me off, but I go ahead and fix anyway just to be proper, most of the time.

#6031 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

If looks could kill, I wouldn't be posting this.

I confess I love those looks!

Some people just need to be pissed off, and I enjoy doing that when I get a chance.

#6032 2 years ago

Confess that I wasn’t prepared for these facts of life:

When you hit your 40s, it gets harder to pee.
    When you hit your 50s, it gets harder to poop.

I don’t even want to know what’s in store for me in my 60’s.

#6033 2 years ago

Confess it has always ticked me off when people were driving too slow in the fast lane, but now I understand why some of them do that.

As I was passing on the right during my last road trip, the right lanes are a lot rougher from all the truck traffic, I guess.

As long as I can run 80 or 82 in a 70, I really care less which lane I have to use.

Yeah, my last ticket was an 82 in LA, but no points for 12 over. Has to be 15mph or more to get any points.

Confess I am just so glad that the days of the 55mph limits are long gone.

#6034 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

When you hit your 40s, it gets harder to pee.

Not if you drink plenty of beer! I pee like a racehorse!

Quoted from swampfire:

When you hit your 50s, it gets harder to poop.

Some Taco Bell food will reverse that.

#6035 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I don’t even want to know what’s in store for me in my 60’s.

Depends.

#6036 2 years ago
    #6037 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Otherwise, I always use funny cards.
    My local dollar tree usually has a good selection. If I can't find something there, walmart, target, price chopper, and barnes & noble all have decent selections of cards here.

I confess if you get a card from me, it’s from Dollar Tree. Two cards for a buck

#6038 2 years ago

I confess I’ve been lazy about posting in this thread.

Also I confess LTG always has good animal funnies posted in the funny captions thread.

#6039 2 years ago

I’m back on antibiotics for diverticulitis, and I confess not being able to drink even 1 beer is making me grumpy. But my liver gets a break for a few weeks, so I guess that’s good.

I’m researching “colon resection” because my sister and brother have both done it. My brother had cancer, so he had no choice. It was elective for my sister, but she swears the surgery changed her life. She doesn’t obsess over being gluten-free any more.

#6040 2 years ago

I've never had a cup of coffee in my life

#6041 2 years ago

I stop by the local shelter in hope there's a German Sheppard there even though I'm not ready for a new dog yet.

#6042 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I stop by the local shelter in hope there's a German Sheppard there even though I'm not ready for a new dog yet.

I confess I couldn’t visit those places. I’d clean them out and take them all home with me.

#6043 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I couldn’t visit those places. I’d clean them out and take them all home with me.

Same. My wife and I would love another Corgi (ours died about 7 years ago). But it’s almost like bringing home a baby human.

#6044 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I was around a German Shepard puppy all day. A friend that I help with construction jobs brought his new puppy to work, and I had to help keep it safe on the job.

I love dogs!

Confess I am still not ready for another dog myself though.

IMG_20220216_095123796 (resized).jpgIMG_20220216_095123796 (resized).jpg
    #6045 2 years ago

Confess you people are so maybe.

Get a presence in your life.

#6046 2 years ago

I was around a German Shepard puppy all day. A friend that I help with construction jobs brought his new puppy to work, and I had to help keep it safe on the job.
    I love dogs!
    Confess I am still not ready for another dog myself though.
    [quoted image]

I'd love a little guy like that. We dog sat for our friends German pup years ago and fell in love with him. Ended up getting stolen.

#6047 2 years ago

I confess I thought I would be more excited about being a recent first-time pinball owner. Maybe it will come with time. There’s an anxiety component of not knowing what I am doing yet. Maybe it’s also the wife feels obligated to play now because of the price tag on machines rather than it’s fun to play.

#6048 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess you people are so maybe.
    Get a presence in your life.

We have 4 rescue cats, otherwise I’d be up for a dog now. Maybe when we get back down to two.

#6049 2 years ago

1 Presence is enough, 4 is excellent.

I have three guys here.

AllStupidReptilesThoughPunkin

#6050 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Same. My wife and I would love another Corgi (ours died about 7 years ago). But it’s almost like bringing home a baby human.

Corgi's are great dogs. We lost ours a few years back too.

There are 12,501 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/121 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.