Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,340 posts
  • 665 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1539B31C-0EC7-48F5-874D-62542E5AFDAB (resized).png
    222E8CA9-3306-4681-8475-1450E6E2D4FF (resized).jpeg
    3WbaAWAVqsFP7uIgGga8_16_6458b6e63d73b8d60e91c547e0236112_image (1) (resized).jpg
    20220523_224133.jpg
    F220E6DB-F635-48AE-AC51-98B4D299753A (resized).jpeg
    A4EFA078-FAEC-4418-A121-43BB1FE9CBE2 (resized).png
    8C9D10FC-4346-4269-B55F-989088B0B3AC (resized).jpeg
    6EB8E02D-261F-43A5-A82A-3399220CC40B (resized).jpeg
    FFCB21D3-C835-4992-9B1D-70E88C3F1A04 (resized).jpeg
    B7C6E705-D480-4B86-8105-3ED214F94135.jpeg
    F9A2CBF9-EF00-4E03-A6AB-70122E37F3D1 (resized).jpeg
    9AE6672B-4738-4359-89A7-595801E7CCF1 (resized).jpeg
    DSC00632 (resized).JPG
    DCB8798A-8972-466F-B501-70A99C3C0376 (resized).jpeg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    6B01AF1E-BA40-479B-B762-45566050F4DB (resized).jpeg

There are 7,340 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 147.
    #5851 4 months ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess I haven't visited this thread in a while. Looking at it now, lol[quoted image]

Same here I haven’t had time to commit to looking through all the new posts I’m looking forward to it! Maybe tomorrow morning.

#5852 4 months ago

Hate when you are really enjoying an ice cream and the flavours are all just so right that you lick the last of the chocolate off the stick.

Then the only thing you can taste for the next ten minutes is the fucking stick.

#5853 4 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Then the only thing you can taste for the next ten minutes is the fucking stick.

Confess I have always hated the wood sticks in ice cream.

#5854 4 months ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Confess I have always hated the wood sticks in ice cream.

We need plastic sticks! Easier to get the remaining contents off.

(Flame suit on for environmentalists…but wait that’s less trees..doesn’t this put “paper or plastic” in a stalemate?)

#5855 4 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Hate when you are really enjoying an ice cream and the flavours are all just so right that you lick the last of the chocolate off the stick.

I confess that I like the stick taste. I even gnaw on it until it splinters when all the ice cream is gone.

#5856 4 months ago
    Quoted from Slacker_Quacker:

I confess that I like the stick taste. I even gnaw on it until it splinters when all the ice cream is gone.

Bet you ate paper glue at school too.

This was fine dining at my school.

download (9) (resized).jpg

#5857 4 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

No. But I will confess to eating some of the notebook paper. Let's just say I was not the best in grade school.

#5858 4 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

I confess in grade school i'd get bored in class and spread a little glue on the palm of my hand, let it dry, then peel it off. One time I did it just before we left for the day. When I got home, mom was washing dishes or something and I told her I'd spilled a chemical on my hand in science class and it burned a little. I'd peeled some of the glue halfway off and it looked like my skin was flayed. She said "Let me see", looked at it and flipped out. She was halfway to her car keys when I told her it was just glue.

Still feel bad about that.

#5859 4 months ago

I'm the real killer OJ has been searching for.

#5860 4 months ago

Yeah the was PVA glue, we'd try and make whole hand prints. This one was a a paper glue

#5861 4 months ago

Confess I was happy to have to fix something on 1 of my machines last night. Simple fix but everything has been working lately, getting bored of just playing pinball and not fixing them

#5862 4 months ago

Confess that when I was about 8 or 9, my friend and I were chucking rocks up on our roof. My little brother walks up and says “watch THIS”, grabs the biggest rock he can find, and chucks it through the kitchen window. My confession is that I didn’t tell my mom that we sort of inspired him. By the time I opened my mouth to defend him, she was already wailing on him, and I figured, “why should we both go down for this?”

#5863 4 months ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

i confess AGAIN....other than the fantastic people and very very high quality of life, I have no idea why I live where the air hurts my face. It's been cold as fucking balls for over a month, like not normal cold for us, a deep freeze.
    I think i'm gonna book a golf trip with my buddies late March to San Diego area and take the fam to Mexico a few wks after. I sold a pin and was going to buy another, but fuck it, time to make memories!!!! (in the warmth)

Is must suck that when March hits you are still looking to go somewhere else to thaw.

#5864 4 months ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I confess in grade school i'd get bored in class and spread a little glue on the palm of my hand, let it dry, then peel it off. One time I did it just before we left for the day. When I got home, mom was washing dishes or something and I told her I'd spilled a chemical on my hand in science class and it burned a little. I'd peeled some of the glue halfway off and it looked like my skin was flayed. She said "Let me see", looked at it and flipped out. She was halfway to her car keys when I told her it was just glue.
    Still feel bad about that.

She cares more than us. We would have been like, just walk it off.

#5865 4 months ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Is must suck that when March hits you are still looking to go somewhere else to thaw.

That's April/May for us.

#5866 4 months ago

I confess the lasting appeal of Twin Peaks is lost on me.

#5867 4 months ago
    Quoted from HooperTriplett:

The restaurant or the tv show?
    I confess that I haven't eaten at or seen either one.

#5868 4 months ago

I'm guessing show. That's one you watch once and are just like that's weird. Then watch again 10 years later and think the same thing, but fondly.

#5869 4 months ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

The restaurant or the tv show?
    I confess that I haven't eaten at or seen either one.

The restaurant is like Hooters. Nice boobs never get old, period.

#5870 4 months ago

You guys are missing the best portmanteau ever: “breastaurant”.

#5871 4 months ago

David Lynch is like Charlie Parker: you either love him or you hate him. I love him for “Wild at Heart” and “Blue Velvet”, but hate him for “Eraserhead” because I’ll never be able to erase it from my mind.

#5872 4 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

You guys are missing the best portmanteau ever: “breastaurant”.

Just don't order the milk.

#5873 4 months ago

My son moved back home, and my wife wouldn’t let him keep his ball python upstairs, so he’s a pinball basement snake now. I confess that I’ve fallen in love with this guy. He seems to like jazz, and he’s very sociable. Just needs a mouse a week to be happy.

004CBAB0-F6CA-4B56-9F69-0A4446B32A66 (resized).jpeg
    #5874 4 months ago

Punkin is going to like that post.

#5875 4 months ago

I confess I sometimes feel great relief when I sell a pin. Some pins become a burden because they're hard to dial or maintain or they're just not very fun, and when I sell such a pin I feel a huge weight lift from my shoulders. The "confession" part is that I don't candidly tell the buyer about any of that. I just assume he's done his homework and is ready to take it on. To recover some of my Karma, I once turned down a trade offer that was obviously lopsided in my favor. It came from a friend and I told him such a trade would have him leaving too much money on the table and that I couldn't in good conscience do that to him. He probably thought I was a schmuck about it.

#5876 4 months ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

Confess I was happy to have to fix something on 1 of my machines last night. Simple fix but everything has been working lately, getting bored of just playing pinball and not fixing them

^^

I'm always glad to find something minor to fix on a pin. Truly, I enjoy the tinkering as much as the playing. I even like to clean/wax the playfields. Pins are often like puzzles. If you can troubleshoot an elusive problem and finally fix it, it feels good.

#5877 4 months ago
    Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I'm always glad to find something minor to fix on a pin. Truly, I enjoy the tinkering as much as the playing. I even like to clean/wax the playfields. Pins are often like puzzles. If you can troubleshoot an elusive problem and finally fix it, it feels good.

Confess I am totally the opposite.

The only time The Walking Dead glass has ever been pulled was to remove the packing material from Stern.

Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I confess I sometimes feel great relief when I sell a pin. Some pins become a burden because they're hard to dial or maintain or they're just not very fun, and when I sell such a pin I feel a huge weight lift from my shoulders.

Confess I have felt that way also. (not naming the games though).

And because I am addicted to upvoting, I am about to go do more of that instead of a long rant here before I go to sleep.

I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEK!

#5878 4 months ago

And because I am addicted to upvoting, I am about to go do more of that instead of a long rant here before I go to sleep.

Confess I did go upvote a lot, BUT I also goofed off in the basement.

EJS about gave me 2 heart attacks, right when I was posting my mailbox was jumping with 2, and then later 3, and all 5 was EJS, while I thought I was in trouble or something.

Confess I am trying to stay out of trouble, while at the same time wanting to help others get a good laugh.

Confess I have several funny captions saved up, I am just waiting for that thread to get closer to 10k posts, I would really like to get the 10k one.

(I will be away from the computer all week, 2 weeks from now, so I will probably miss that anyway).

Goodnight!

#5879 4 months ago

EJS about gave me 2 heart attacks, right when I was posting my mailbox was jumping with 2, and then later 3, and all 5 was EJS, while I thought I was in trouble or something.

I confess I didn't mean to give Little Johnny two heart attacks....nor one for that matter. When I send PM's from my phone things roll off the screen too fast for me to see so it's easier to send each thought at a time.

Course now I confess I'm curious to wonder what Johnny is up to to think he might be in trouble.

#5880 4 months ago

Maybe that was my moderation notice from Johnny...please send messages in moderation. I confess I've never been moded so I'm not familiar with the format of whatever the process is. Heck I confess I hardly mod a playfield.

#5881 4 months ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Punkin is going to like that post.

Yep, snakes are cool and they certainly have personalities.

Had people over for Australia day yesterday (bbq and pinball) and had my big fella out. He spent all afternoon stretched out on the dining table facing the fan.

#5882 4 months ago

I thought of something for JohnnyPinball007

Back in the mid 1990's there was a free newspaper magazine in the grocery stores called the Reader. So I started reading them. Local news, reviews, etc etc. And a personals section in the rear.

I started reading the women seeking men ones. Almost all the same. I like walking around the lakes, sitting by a roaring fireplace. Very generic. Like they copied the first ad ever and ran with it. I used to try and find the rare special one. Like must have seven figure income minimum and want to spend February in Jamaica.

Now the men searching for women were more varied and many seemed really sincere. But I never saw any bizarre gold digger types.

This was a travesty. Someone should right this wrong. Someone should submit a special gold digger ad for the men seeking women. And I'm that somebody.

As I recall it coast a couple dollars to submit an ad or respond to one. Responses would be gathered and forwarded to you.

So I submitted my ad. Wanted. Young beautiful rich women who like to be treated like dirt. Codependency gets you extra points. Must have a brand new turbo charged Corvette or better for me to drive this summer. If on a scale or one to ten you are an eight or higher, I might take you with.

I was all set. A lady from the reader called me and asked if I was serious about my ad. I asked what kind of car she had. She told me an older Saab. I hung up.

They did run my ad.

I got around thirty responses. ( I didn't respond to any ) Half wanted to meet me in an alley and beat me to death with a bat. Some of the rest thought I did it tongue in cheek and were interested in my humor. And some were 'WTF?".

I never paid much attention to the ads after that. I hope I set the stage for more fun men looking for women ads.

LTG : )

#5883 3 months ago

Confess that i don't know how i figured out the leap here.

Screenshot 2022-01-28 093302 (resized).jpg

Screenshot 2022-01-28 093351 (resized).jpg

Screenshot 2022-01-28 093423 (resized).jpg

#5884 3 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

My son moved back home, and my wife wouldn’t let him keep his ball python upstairs, so he’s a pinball basement snake now. I confess that I’ve fallen in love with this guy. He seems to like jazz, and he’s very sociable. Just needs a mouse a week to be happy.
    [quoted image]

I confess I have always found it odd you folks wear your shoes inside your homes.

#5885 3 months ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

I confess I have always found it odd you folks wear your shoes inside your homes.

I'm not taking off my snow boots and 1 piece ski suit every time I come in. How are you managing it?

#5886 3 months ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

I'm not taking off my snow boots and 1 piece ski suit every time I come in. How are you managing it?

-21 today, just wore a hoodie and running shoes tbh.

#5887 3 months ago

If they (any manufacturer) made an Ozark pin and it had real callouts from Ruth I would preorder the highest version.

“Hurry the FUCK up Marty”.

#5888 3 months ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

If they (any manufacturer) made an Ozark pin and it had real callouts from Ruth I would preorder the highest version.
    “Hurry the FUCK up Marty”.

She’d be great for tilt and outlane callouts.

I’m watching tonight trying to get caught up

#5889 3 months ago

Dunno what you guys are talking about.

#5890 3 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Pretty strong language you've been warned.

#5891 3 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Netflix show. I’m going to start watching this weekend.

#5892 3 months ago

Ahhh, television. I used to watch that, mostly sports though.

#5893 3 months ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

Netflix show. I’m going to start watching this weekend.

What I like and don’t like about it is if you look away for a minute you want to replay to keep up.

Oh and don’t get hung up in the first episode everything will make sense later on.

#5894 3 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I’m the same, just sports for the most part. Last series I actually watched/followed was boardwalk empire..fn great series..just not cuz it showed some boobies either

#5895 3 months ago

Yes, that was on back when i watched. Saw trailer park boys and the english razor hat thing through too.

Just haven't turned it on in a few years anymore. Not even connected to anything.
    I like books and music and pinball and beer. So that's what i do all day and all night.

#5896 3 months ago

I used to love books and magazines, when I could read them without holding them 3 feet away. Old eyes suck.

#5897 3 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I used to love books and magazines, when I could read them without holding them 3 feet away. Old eyes suck.

I’m in my 30s and feel old when I leave my moms house to go home “before it gets dark out”

I can’t see as well at night anymore.

#5898 3 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Oh and we don’t all talk like that in the states. That accent comes from the central part of the country only. The area where LTG and I live we get made fun of in a different way.

#5899 3 months ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Oh and we don’t all talk like that in the states. That accent comes from the central part of the country only. The area where LTG and I live we get made fun of in a different way.

Sorry mate, i didn't click when the next post said telly show.

Like i said.........

Confess i have a dark electroswing playlist rocking my shed and reading a science fantasy novel. And playing pinball.

#5900 3 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Sorry mate, i didn't click when the next post said telly show.
    Like i said.........
    Confess i have a dark electroswing playlist rocking my shed and reading a science fantasy novel. And playing pinball.

No judgement here. I have bunny ears on my TV and I sometimes question why I don’t throw them in the garbage.

There are 7,340 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!