Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,562 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R0010429 (resized).jpg
    R0010431 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 252.
    #5451 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I missed my whole house smelling like weed.

Confess I am curious if you are joking or serious.

Long ago I had some friends that smoked weed all the time, and the stuff they smoked smelled really good and I miss them now, and that weed smell.

While also I have been at amusement parks or concerts, and the people around me was smoking some stuff that did not smell good at all.

If you are serious, then she has some good weed that is making your house smell very good.

If you are joking, then you are like really, I am glad you are home, but that weed smell is nasty.

(because if you are serious, and she has some of that stuff that smells really good, can you invite some of us here to spend the holidays at your house?)

#5452 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Confess I am curious if you are joking or serious.
    Long ago I had some friends that smoked weed all the time, and the stuff they smoked smelled really good and I miss them now, and that weed smell.
    While also I have been at amusement parks or concerts, and the people around me was smoking some stuff that did not smell good at all.
    If you are serious, then she has some good weed that is making your house smell very good.
    If you are joking, then you are like really, I am glad you are home, but that weed smell is nasty.
    (because if you are serious, and she has some of that stuff that smells really good, can you invite some of us here to spend the holidays at your house?)

08B01255-15F2-4CAC-9A96-F4354A155E9D.gif08B01255-15F2-4CAC-9A96-F4354A155E9D.gif
    #5453 2 years ago

Confess I was so busy this week at work, I had to log back into Pinside tonight.

#5454 2 years ago

Confess that I’m still up at 3:20am and trying to hear the difference between HDMI and SPDIF with some really good music, and I’m too sauced to hear any difference but I’m digging it anyway.

#5455 2 years ago

I confess that I was disappointed when I didn't get any pushback or ballbusting when I put out the Christmas/New Years copy deadline memo to our sales critters. Perhaps I'll get a reaction when I re-send it next week since they're good at ignoring shit.

In other news, Christmas is a few weeks away. Holy shit.

#5456 2 years ago

I really don't like the smell.

There were a few people at pintastic last month who reeked of reefer, and it hit me like a brick wall that made me almost gag it was so strong.

It wasn't the faint odor that you tend to smell with certain users--I don't particularly like it, but my nose can tolerate that.

But whomever was at the show must have been soaking in a pot soup for hours and then just stepped out of wherever they came from and onto the show floor. It was fairly unpleasant.

#5457 2 years ago

I confess I really want a McRib right now!

#5458 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

But whomever was at the show must have been soaking in a pot soup for hours and then just stepped out of wherever they came from and onto the show floor. It was fairly unpleasant.

I have never been around that smell, I am sure it is bad just like stale cigs in clothes.

What I was talking about was the smell of the smoke while people I was around was smoking stuff, and some of that smelled very good, and some smelled very bad.

Cig smoke smells all the same, but really good high quality pot smoke has a certain sweet smell that I like.

And HELL NO! I am not wasting money on any pot.

(I was just saying how the really good stuff has a nice smell while it is just a flume of smoke floating in the air).

Just Natty for me. Cheap and legal.

Confess long ago I was taught how to roll a joint using a 5 dollar bill, (no clue why it had to be a 5 dollar bill), but that was a passing fad, with the friends I had at that time.

I know a lot of people that still does that daily, but not for me, and all good.

(while I will not take a hit, if the smell in the air is good, I just like that smell).

#5459 2 years ago

I figured I had too much beer now to do any good with the game, and yeah, I had my worst score.
    Then I clicked start again and had my 2nd best score, so sometimes more beer does help.

4A4F5630-0160-4B73-8DC3-8931C7B21D54.jpeg4A4F5630-0160-4B73-8DC3-8931C7B21D54.jpeg
    #5460 2 years ago

I confess that on the 18 of October I lost my oldest friend here in Norway. Just like JohnnyPinball007 s friend he went due to pancreatic cancer. He died on the day three months after he was diagnosed.

We used to celebrate xmas together, with my friends sweet dear old mother and the dogs. Now it will be just me and little OTTO on xmas. Fucking sucks. However, I dont mean to complain. This is just life. And my original confession was that I wanted to tell that I still text my old buddy and swear at him for leaving us.

#5461 2 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

I confess that on the 18 of October I lost my oldest friend here in Norway.

Very sorry to hear this. My sincerest condolences.

#5462 2 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

I confess this is my first post in this thread, and the only reason I found it was I was "stalking" my secret santee

I confess i will probably get a lump of coal if my secret santa reads all of my posts!

#5463 2 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

I lost my oldest friend here in Norway. Just like JohnnyPinball007 s friend he went due to pancreatic cancer. He died on the day three months after he was diagnosed.

Very, very sorry to hear that.

It has been just over a year now since my friend died, and not a day goes by that I still think about him.

And when I am sleeping I constantly have dreams that we are fishing, or off on a road trip.

My friend never knew he had cancer. The doctors kept treating him for other things, mostly covid, yet he kept testing negative for that.

My friend's brother checked on him after he repeatedly did not answer the phone, and found him in a chair almost like in a coma.

He never woke up, and while in the hospital it was discovered that he had pancreatic cancer with zero chance of living one more week.

He was self employed, and he still went out and worked up until about 2 weeks before he died.

But he was miserable for about the last 3 months that he lived, he could not hold food down.

He still had a huge appetite, but he just could not keep food down.

It was probably best that he never knew he had cancer, since most likely it could not have been treated anyway.

Quoted from mtn-:

I wanted to tell that I still text my old buddy and swear at him for leaving us.

I emailed my friend while he was in the hospital. I am now sure he never read the emails.

Confess I hope somehow you and OTTO can have a AWESOME Christmas!

#5464 2 years ago

Confess I was just thinking about my friend Dwayne more.

He loved all the games here, but he seemed to like TWD the most.

The last time he was ever here he brought me heavy duty hand trucks so that I could get the Big Buck Hunter arcade in here.

He said "I am weak, you have to take the heavy end".

He loved guns, he had a big collection of guns and he used to skeet shoot a lot.

I was so very much looking forward to him playing the Big Buck arcade, but he never did, and that really sucked, he would have loved it, he just never felt well enough to after I got it.

Quoted from mtn-:

Fucking sucks. However, I dont mean to complain. This is just life.

I 100% agree with that!

Losing Dwayne has changed my life. Used to one client I do work for always had work that I did not want to mess with, and now I tell them to find someone else, life is too short for me to ever do a damn thing again that I do not want to mess with.

After Dwayne and who-dey died so suddenly, and about the same time, that is when my HELL NO! stuff started.

I can not afford to live everyday like it is my last day, but now I only do work that I will enjoy, and not sit in any traffic, or deal with any crap at all.

Life here is short, and sometimes way too damned short.

Live a little and have fun while you can, but at the same time do not go too crazy and be broke if you do become one of those people that live to be 100 years old.

And naps are AWESOME!

My Dad passed away about 8 years ago, after 20 years of being blind and in very bad health.

But just like Dwayne, my Dad is always alive and doing great when I sleep and having dreams.

Confess pretty much every time I wake up, it takes me a few minutes to get adjusted back to how every thing is now, and how so many people that I was just interacting with is actually not in this world now.

Goodnight! And I hope all of you have AWESOME dreams, and a AWESOME week!

#5465 2 years ago

One pf my favorite games is Special Force.

#5466 2 years ago
    88DFC022-5A45-414F-877C-22645FCBB056.jpeg88DFC022-5A45-414F-877C-22645FCBB056.jpeg
    #5467 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Why’s that?

#5468 2 years ago

I confess I fell asleep 11 minutes into the Hunt for Red October last night.

Resuming it now (don’t worry I’ve seen it before)

I confess I’ve gotten so old I can now rewatch classic movies like I’ve never watched them before.

#5469 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I’ve gotten so old I can now rewatch classic movies like I’ve never watched them before.

And that is a very good thing, because for the most part new movies have gone way downhill.

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

That was the first game I ever purchased new. I liked it, but never played it much, I had it on location, and it did not do well.

Confess the 1978 Playboy pinball machine always had a ton of quarters in it though.

#5470 2 years ago

Hello my name is John and I haven’t played any real pinball in about a month.

Also…when my wife isn’t around…all my salad dressing choices are cream based.

I’m talk’n swimming in the shit

#5471 2 years ago

You eat salad when your wife's not around?

Better man than me. Salad dodger here.

#5472 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

You eat salad when your wife's not around?
    Better man than me. Salad dodger here.

Salad is what my food eats

#5473 2 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Salad is what my food eats

I REALLY LIKE THAT!

I used to always say that I am a meatatarian, but sometimes I will also eat a plant along with the meat.

#5474 2 years ago

So anyway, the other day a strong gust of wind blew some crap in my eye while I was working outside.

After a few days of my eye hurting and not getting any better I went to the eye doctor.

Confess I usually go to the doc in the box for pretty much anything, but I really do not trust them to mess with my eyes.

So anyway, I just wanted the crap cleaned out of my eye, but they insisted I do a eye test.

Holy shit! Even my good eye has spots in it now that I can not see out of.

(the spots in my eyes are from cat scratch disease).

I see fine with both eyes open, but if I close either eye I am almost blind, and I can not see much at all on a eye chart.

(like I can see the first letter or 2 all the way down the chart, but I can not see any letters on the entire right side of the chart, even the top big ones).

Anyway, I confess I just looked at my drivers license, and I was relieved that I have a few more years left before I possibly have to take a eye test there.

(the last time I renewed I did not have to take a eye test, and I was relieved).

I can totally see everything fine with both eyes open, I am no danger to anyone.

BUT! If anything ever changes, just like I do not drink and drive, I will also not drive either period if my eyes get messed up more.

(and all this stuff I just typed, I can see and read it all fine with both eyes open without any reading glasses).

OH! The eye clinic wanted me to come back about the fact I can not see. HELL NO!

I told them to look 8 years back on their charts to see that we have already gone through all of this and what I have is a rare disease that prevents me from reading a eye chart, but other than that I can see fine.

Sucks that I had to deal with them again, but at least now the trash is out of my eye and no pain now.

I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEK!

#5475 2 years ago

So anyway, the other day a strong gust of wind blew some crap in my eye while I was working outside.

Happened to me in the early 1990's. Out in the parking lot cleaning up garbage. Gust of wind blew dust in my eye. Instant big hurt. Cleaned with Visine and water.

Next day felt like a migraine headache. I went to urgent care. They put dye in my eye. Gave it a look see. Put novicane in the eye. And took out an extremely tiny spec of rusted metal. You could barely see it. Gave me pills for the pain. Felt lots better in a few hours.

LTG : )

#5476 2 years ago

I confess I’ve done my first down vote! I’m so tired of these Rainbow bullies attacking peoples choices in color on their machines. How bored can you be to sit and troll people and create a bullying forum?

#5477 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I confess I’ve done my first down vote! I’m so tired of these Rainbow bullies attacking peoples choices in color on their machines. How bored can you be to sit and troll people and create a bullying forum?

I don't like color GI on mine, but like I give a fuck what anyone else does to their own property.

AND YOU, get an upvote, and you get an upvote, you, you, you get an upvote!!

#5478 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Happened to me in the early 1990's. Out in the parking lot cleaning up garbage. Gust of wind blew dust in my eye. Instant big hurt. Cleaned with Visine and water.
    Next day felt like a migraine headache. I went to urgent care. They put dye in my eye. Gave it a look see. Put novicane in the eye. And took out an extremely tiny spec of rusted metal. You could barely see it. Gave me pills for the pain. Felt lots better in a few hours.
    LTG : )

It’s 1988 and I’m on my back under the dash of a VW Scirocco trying to pull a glass fuse. Poof! The damn thing basically exploded not just breaking, with half of it going right into my eyes. Same symptoms as you. It took two trips to two different (shit) hospitals before I ended up at the Massachusetts Eye & Ear and found relief

#5479 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I confess I laughed when you called one of the nicest guys on Pinside a "Rainbow Bully". Don't go near the Rainbow puke club, it gets way worse there

#5480 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

not bored .... shame to see a great game trashed do to poor color choice . why bother to wash out the art with purple or blue lights ?
    not my game so doesn't bother me ! Just sad for the game!
    not bullying just stated my opinion as you have stated yours!

oh and by the way I do color match inserts just never use them in GI

please feel free to have me as your second downvote !

#5481 2 years ago

You were the first that I down voted. I’m tired of people attacking others because they like color in their game! The group of you are outright saying “do what we say or be made fun of by our group! Conform to OUR standards or get out of OUR hobby! I enjoy this hobby I enjoy most people in this hobby! Bullying me over my choices aren’t going to make me leave! My machine is in your pictures that are attacked for being different. It is a comic book based pinball machine! It’s supposed to be loud! My other pins have white LED installed.

Quoted from transprtr4u:

not bored .... shame to see a great game trashed do to poor color choice . why bother to wash out the art with purple or blue lights ?
    not my game so doesn't bother me ! Just sad for the game!
    not bullying just stated my opinion as you have stated yours!
    oh and by the way I do color match inserts just never use them in GI
    please feel free to have me as your second downvote !

#5482 2 years ago

Yes, I know I’m in there with my Superman Machine! Along with quite a bit of trolling form little boys that would NEVER speak to me in real life that way!

Quoted from jesperpark:

I confess I laughed when you called one of the nicest guys on Pinside a "Rainbow Bully". Don't go near the Rainbow puke club, it gets way worse there

#5483 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

“do what we say or be made fun of by our group! Conform to OUR standards or get out of OUR hobby! I enjoy this hobby I enjoy most people in this hobby! Bullying me over my choices aren’t going to make me leave!

No one is telling you to get out of pinball. We're glad to have you, and everyone else here.
    Criticizing your choice of colors is not "bullying". It's expressing an opinion. You have yours, other people have theirs.
    Reasonable people can disagree.

#5484 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

No one is telling you to get out of pinball. We're glad to have you, and everyone else here.
    Criticizing your choice of colors is not "bullying". It's expressing an opinion. You have yours, other people have theirs.
    Reasonable people can disagree.

I agree that you can have your opinion! Your opinion does matter. But posting pictures of pinball machines to pick apart is just trolling! If they don’t like my choices that’s great! However putting me up on a forum just to embarrass me is not an opinion! Its being an a**hole!

#5485 2 years ago

I'm not big on negativity in here.

I routinely use the "unvisit" and "Drain" buttons in threads. I just move on.

#5487 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Why’s that?

The suburb shot, rather shoot to kill!!

#5488 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

Yes, I know I’m in there with my Superman Machine! Along with quite a bit of trolling form little boys that would NEVER speak to me in real life that way!

Hey feel free to have your opinion and downvote the guy, It's your opinion. It's the confessional, I laughed and admitted to it, I'm not trying to be a troll. If I came across as one I apologize

#5489 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

Your opinion does matter. But posting pictures of pinball machines to pick apart is just trolling!

Don’t take it personally. Your game is just one of thousands that have been assaulted with color GI, and I’m sure it’s not the worst example.

#5490 2 years ago

I confess that this conversation has reminded me that the rainbow puke thread existed. I confess I used to be pretty active on that thread, but now I just lurk every now and then. I guess it is a bit negative, and I certainly never took this thread seriously anyway. I hope that if I offended anyone they know that anything I said was not meant badly. I just thought of it as teasing, which I do with my friends a lot, but clearly some people get offended by this sort of thing. I am not as against it as some are, and I think in moderation color GI can look fine, even good.
    I do feel that people on the internet say things that they would not in person, and I think we are all prone to that, I know I am. I know I have said things on pinside before that I felt bad after doing so.
    I also confess that I used to downvote people relatively often, but I stopped because it just felt excessively negative. I did this to some degree with the rainbow puke thread. I think that that thread works the same way that downvotes do. People don't like something, so they joke about it, and they are negative toward it. That's just how humans are. That doesn't make your opinion invalid, nor theirs. I mean, if you like it, who cares what others think?
    I definitely see where Zartan is coming from, and I'm sorry if I seem like an asshole. I honestly do try to be nice as much as I can.

#5491 2 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I do feel that people on the internet say things that they would not in person

Not me.

I say hell yeah all the time.

(I have never said it on here, but in person I also say "shit no" a lot).

Everyone is different, I just want to enjoy life while I can, and I am not going to waste my time arguing about anything.

I roll my eyes at a lot of posts, but I never feel compelled to respond, everyone has a right to their opinion.

(kind of like when I make a long post here and people roll their eyes).

I confess I will read very long posts others make, as long as spaced well and not too many words misspelled.

(not being a grammar police or anything but when a lot of words are not spelled right I get lost trying to figure out what they are trying to say).

#5492 2 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

The damn thing basically exploded not just breaking, with half of it going right into my eyes.

Quoted from LTG:

Gust of wind blew dust in my eye. Instant big hurt.

Confess I have always worn safety googles when using a weed eater, I know people that are blind now from crap hitting the eyes from those.

Other than that I always hated safety glasses, they fog up and are a pain in the ass.

The last time I changed the oil in my truck I got some stuff in my eye, but luckily that washed out and no pain.

I have already lost a lot of my eyesight from that cat scratch crap, and after the latest episode of pain and all of that from now on I am wearing some kind of glasses a whole lot more anytime I am outside doing any work.

My Dad was blind the last 20 years that he was alive, and I damn sure do not want to ever be blind.

#5493 2 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I do feel that people on the internet say things that they would not in person

I say things in person that I would never put on the internet.
    In person, it's just between you and me. On the internet, it's out there forever and public.

#5494 2 years ago

Rainbow GI sucks. But that's just the bully in me coming out.

Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg
    #5495 2 years ago

What part of Canada are these guys from.... it's colour, not color! Sheesh

#5496 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:What part of Canada are these guys from.... it's colour, not color!

lol I'm aware of the spelling just adjust to the American spelling when posting ...
    but to make you happy ...

Ordering a ColourDMD for my new game !

#5497 2 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

lol I'm aware of the spelling just adjust to the American spelling when posting ...
    but to make you happy ...
    Ordering a ColourDMD for my new game !

I was only kidding..i do it too as to not confuse out neighbors!

#5498 2 years ago

I confess I get really annoyed when people write W/B instead of B/W!

Everytime I read W/B my brain translate it as Wally/Billiams and It feels so wrong.

#5499 2 years ago

But the Williams are better machines?

#5500 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

But the Williams are better machines?

When it comes to rebuilding zipper flippers Bally are a huge pain in the butt compared to Williams.

Honestly it all comes down to title of the game in my opinion. 80's and 90's they are so similar who cares.....

There are 12,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.