Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,550 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 251.
    #501 9 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

First time I ever used a soldering iron I picked it up by the handle and then proceeded to grab the metal shaft like a pencil.
    Yes...burned the living daylights out of my hand!

I winced just reading that.

#502 9 years ago

My Alien Poker has been down for over a year because I haven't redone the interboard connectors even though I have the parts on hand. Maybe this will motivate me to get to it, I miss playing it.

#503 9 years ago

I enjoy playing the cheapest game in my collection much more than the most expensive game.

#504 9 years ago
    Quoted from popeboy:

I winced just reading that.

As they say: The truth hurts (in this case, a lot!)

#505 9 years ago
    Quoted from Buschjs:

I enjoy playing the cheapest game in my collection much more than the most expensive game.

That's because WW is something special!

#507 9 years ago

Confessions:

I just read this whole thread while at work.

I dance during the "Mamushka" in TAF and when I get the extra ball in MB.

I quote most of TAF, especially "SHOWTIME!!" at the start of multi-ball.

#508 9 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

That's because WW is something special!

Absolutely correct.

#509 9 years ago

If I do poorly on the first ball, sometimes I just start a new game.

#510 9 years ago

I actually like Avatar.
    I played Ringmaster Battle on CV last night for so long that I got bored with it. 290 million....
    When I had a BSD at my house, I started over after ball one about 260 times....

#511 9 years ago

When playing against my girlfriend I stressed "You aren't really playing against me babe, it's all about improving yourself". 5 minutes ago she just took over my #2 spot on my IMve that she has a total of about 7 games on.

#512 9 years ago

At the arcade today I got to Destroy the Ring on LOTR for the first time because the Shire switch was not registering. Anytime a ball (or two) fell in during a MB it was kindly held for me. Major malfunction...

If a have a really bad game at an arcade I'll play another one just to clear the score off so no one sees it after I leave.

#513 9 years ago

As soon as I see a topic with the "locked" icon and new posts or even if I've never read any of the posts, I immediately open it. I'm so weak .___.

Needless to say the last 2 weeks, I've read a lot of threads.

#514 9 years ago

I have a lot of NOS parts that I don't know which game they are for or even if I still own the game because I never took the time to put them in zip locks and label them (probably because I thought I'd never forget what they went to).

On a related note, I seem to have multiples of everything because I buy parts I think are good to have without realizing that I've already bought them.

#515 9 years ago

I like to play NGG just to hear the chicken dance.

#516 9 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

As soon as I see a topic with the "locked" icon and new posts or even if I've never read any of the posts, I immediately open it. I'm so weak .___.
    Needless to say the last 2 weeks, I've read a lot of threads.

Right, and as soon as you come up with a brilliant response you remember: oh yeah, it's locked.

#517 9 years ago

1/3 of the year, my mancave looks like Fallout 3 while I'm in the middle of projects (not just pins), and I hardly even play my working games. The other 2/3 of the year it is very clean and we do a lot of drinking/playing/partying.

Currently it is in Fallout mode.

1/2 way through Comet. 1/2 way through Centaur. So figure another 2 months until it is back in party mode.

I also think I enjoy restoring games more than playing them. I also enjoy selling them for less than I have into them because I just want more people appreciating them and not get ripped off. Yes, I'm crazy and obsessive. I get tunnel vision with projects and just work on them non-stop until they are done, otherwise they get shelved and I never finish them.

I have a 4 tier metal shelving unit filled with electronics "projects" that will probably never get finished.

#518 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

I also think I enjoy restoring games more than playing them. I also enjoy selling them for less than I have into them because I just want more people appreciating them and not get ripped off. Yes, I'm crazy and obsessive. I get tunnel vision with projects and just work on them non-stop until they are done, otherwise they get shelved and I never finish them.

Oh, thank God. There's somebody else like me. I'm OCD until the machine is the way I want it to be. $$$ drained into it come hell or high water and everything has to be perfect. I had a friend look at me like I was nuts when I told him everything I was buying for my Congo. I paused and said, "I know I'll never get it back," and he laughed and told me he was glad I said it so he didn't have to tell me that.

#519 9 years ago
    Quoted from malklavious:

Confessions:
    I dance during the "Mamushka" in TAF and when I get the extra ball in MB.

I do the dramatic arm sweeps along with the Genie when I get an extra ball on TOTAN.

Quoted from thedefog:

I also enjoy selling them for less than I have into them because I just want more people appreciating them and not get ripped off.

Lemmie keep your contact info handy...

#520 9 years ago

I like pinball and classic video games. I'm over 40 and I've never 'been' with a woman.
    That's probably fairly common though...right?

#521 9 years ago
    Quoted from PersonX99:

I like pinball and classic video games. I'm over 40 and I've never 'been' with a woman.
    That's probably fairly common though...right?

retro-virgin.jpgretro-virgin.jpg

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/all-about-sex/201106/are-there-really-40-year-old-virgins

Article says 5% of the male population. I believe that.

#522 9 years ago

I kept 2 machines in garage all winter because I had no room in cave. Backglass and all.
    I twitch as sparky lights up and do an andrew dice clay impression

#523 9 years ago

I paid nothing for my Seawitch and NBA Fastbreak.

#524 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/all-about-sex/201106/are-there-really-40-year-old-virgins
    Article says 5% of the male population. I believe that.

retro-virgin.jpg 26 KB

LOL, I never said that I was a virgin.

5% seems kinda high for such an instinctive behavior, but you never know.....

#525 9 years ago

I'm most proud of my 6yo son when I hear him quoting my pins:

<block tower falls over> "I feel like a blundering novice"

Also, when he gets so excited for getting a match and yells "pop!" as the knocker hits.

1 week later
    #526 9 years ago

Huge Matrix fan. All three movies

#527 9 years ago

I got 3,900,000 on WCS today!

The game was still on 5 ball that was left over from a nonpinhead party I had last Saturday night.

#528 9 years ago

I just wasted 45 minutes of my life reading about a Space Invaders playfield parts transaction gone wrong. And it happened last year.

#529 9 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I just wasted 45 minutes of my life reading about a Space Invaders playfield parts transaction gone wrong. And it happened last year.

A $75 transaction that went wrong, at that.

1 week later
    #530 9 years ago

I confess that when I'm playing a game and there is a slight lull in the action, I like to hit the flipper button on the machines on either side - just to hear one of the attract mode sound call outs.

I especially like to do this to WH20 and hear Big Foot roar/growl. Makes me feel like I'm poking the bear and taunting him.

Since you have to wait some mysterious amount of time before you can hit it again there is a weird satisfaction about it when it happens. I think I'm building up a grudge against the games that don't have the call outs.

#531 9 years ago

I have sold a pin that spent less time in the lineup than what it took to get shipped to me.

#532 9 years ago

I just read this entire thread.

#533 9 years ago
    Quoted from Snowyetti:

I just read this entire thread.

...and what would you like to confess? Go ahead and get it off you chest.

#534 9 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

...and what would you like to confess? Go ahead and get it off you chest.

Bless me pinside for I have sinned lowballed when the price was reasonable and even far too low I just can't stop it. Not too mention I don't have any more room and I keep buying pins sometimes taking 3 or 4 days to set them up so I can shuffle my collection.

#535 9 years ago

Please forgive me pinsiders, for I have pinned.

I have picked up games and let then sit in the car for a few days untill the opportunity comes to sneak them in to the house so the wife doesn't notice.

I currently have a game I just purchased at a friends house waiting for such opportunity to come home.

I feel I have a bad illness

#536 9 years ago

It just took me a half hour to find my multimeter. It was inside a pin I worked on two weeks ago. It was turned on.

#537 9 years ago

My first album was the partridge family ( first album )...nothing to do w pinball..jus sayin

#538 9 years ago
    Quoted from mtripl:

My first album was the partridge family ( first album )...nothing to do w pinball..jus sayin

That's not a confession, my friend. That's just friggin' awesome. Nothing to be ashamed of!

Point meeeeeeee in the direction of Albuquerque!!!

#539 9 years ago

I think the movie "Tron" sucks ass, and the sequel is actually better.

#540 9 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

#541 9 years ago
    Quoted from mtripl:

That was one of my first albums too, a Christmas gift from my grandma. At least it wasn't a sweater!

#542 9 years ago

My first pinball machine was a Zizzle.

#543 9 years ago

I spend more time on tweaking and working on my games then playing them (collector operator life).

#544 9 years ago

I use a SF2 bug to cheat the possibilty of getting an extra ball...

I accidentally left a breaker fuse in my game for a few months after diagnosing a short, forgetting to fit a fuse back.

I think I may reset the scores and blame the battery as the missus is getting frustrated it's just me and I don't want her to regret us getting the machine.

I broke a long standoff post and found it difficult to find a replacement here so flipped it upside down. Been fine.

#545 9 years ago

Despite clearly stating I was finished buying and satisfied, I bought two others, and I'm looking at a third.

Also..... Oh man, here it goes.... I may have been a little wrong about cftbl.....

#546 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I polish my balls.

Ermmmm...

Quoted from Kawydud:

I have a bad temper and some day soon Judge Dredd will be in a thousand pieces.

I had that with our TZ and I am glad it's gone.

I restart a game when the first ball goes out too fast.
    Our games are set to 5 balls, because we are lousy players
    All my outlane posts are narrow.
    Black Night 2000 makes me sing.
    Cactus Canyon makes me produce all kind of Western sounds and imitate John Wayne
    Many pinball modes make me repeat whatever is yelled or make me do a little dance.
    I hate how some pinballs leds are done, they are either blinding, or like Little Pony Rainbow barf.

#547 9 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

When I was a kid and it was in the theater I thought it was awesome. The effects. The games. Great stuff. Watched it again recently and it's pretty terrible. Should have just stuck to my memory of it.

#548 9 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Also..... Oh man, here it goes.... I may have been a little wrong about cftbl.....

#549 9 years ago

Until today, I hadn't turned on any of my games in 3 weeks…...

#550 9 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

It just took me a half hour to find my multimeter. It was inside a pin I worked on two weeks ago. It was turned on.

It took me a year to find a multimeter I left in a friend's game a year ago.

There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.