Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,836 posts
  • 648 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by JohnnyPinball007
  • Topic is favorited by 117 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4281285527_37862b7d7e_b (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    DSCF0429[1] (resized).jpg
    oldfront (resized).jpg
    back (resized).jpg
    DSC00609 (resized).JPG
    235450051_307012381220022_635055407672976528_n (resized).jpg
    55918D88-ED92-4653-932E-BE88FA6DD57B (resized).jpeg
    bread1 (resized).jpg
    75566EFA-7E51-4F42-AC9C-6E6A68418B5D (resized).jpeg
    DSCF0330[1] (resized).jpg
    GUEST_59f9593a-fad1-4371-b35b-4765de663201 (resized).jpg
    287adfa4626e6a1bda5c73844eea4065--raver-girl-neon-glow (resized).jpg
    DSCF0317[1] (resized).jpg
    DSCF0315[1] (resized).jpg
    DSCF0302[1] (resized).jpg

There are 5,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 117.
    #5351 53 days ago

Confess I can't sleep, again. Up at the computer @ 4 in the morning on Pinside. It will hit me by early afternoon and I will fall asleep for an hour on the couch.

#5352 52 days ago

I confess that I was off for a whole week (9 days), but I only spent a few hours working on pins - much less than a normal week. I had big plans for starting a playfield swap on Quick Draw, but I upgraded my AV PrePro and spent most of the week dorking around with it. But it’s nice to finally have a 4K home theater.

Also confess that I’m really happy with 8-year-old AV technology, and it’s saved me a lot of money. The Marantz AV7702 I just bought for $700 was $2000 when it came out in 2014. It doesn’t support HDR, but with a projector it’s hard to see a difference between HDR and SDR anyway.

I wish pinball pricing worked the same way, then you could get a DMD pin for half-price. I remember when everyone was predicting a price drop on DMDs when LCD took over…not so much.

#5353 52 days ago

I confess I paid just over $700 for my 32” 1080p TV back in 2008 and still have it. Whereas my 65” 4K only paid $500. I confess I don’t watch enough TV to justify upgrading very often. Unfortunately we (twin cities) made the national news because some kids thought TVs were on sale for $0 on Friday.

I confess I’m not looking forward to working on WMS superstar today but I need to get it running.

#5354 52 days ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Unfortunately we (twin cities) made the national news because some kids thought TVs were on sale for $0 on Friday.

Unfortunately yours is not the only city. Sad state of affairs right now.

#5355 52 days ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I paid just over $700 for my 32” 1080p TV back in 2008 and still have it.

My wife’s main TV (in the living room) is a 50” 720p Pioneer “Kuro” plasma I bought in 2007 for $2000. It’s still going strong, and with the 15’ seating distance, you can’t tell it’s not 1080p. She leaves it on most of the day. It’s funny, because when I got it I was careful to only watch movies on it. It probably has 30,000+ hours by now.

#5356 52 days ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

It probably has 30,000+ hours by now.

Have you found out how to get into the service menu? I found mine on my 32” and can see how many hours it’s been on.

#5357 52 days ago

I confess i was talking about the longevity of my old Sony TV. Woke up to it not working the other day! I went on marketplace to quickly find a cheap replacement. Found one for $100 & it has a better picture! Now to get it up on the wall

16381212507285286989186926304266 (resized).jpg
    #5358 52 days ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I confess i was talking about the longevity of my old Sony TV. Woke up to it not working the other day! I went on marketplace to quickly find a cheap replacement. Found one for $100 & it has a better picture! Now to get it up on the wall
    [quoted image]

Remember the old days when people would just put their new TV no top of their old TV?

tvontv.jpg.17147ef75b14215eb22778eb9e16c864 (resized).jpg
    #5359 52 days ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Remember the old days when people would just put their new TV no top of their old TV?[quoted image]

Why bother to pay for new furniture when you already have something that works fine?

#5360 52 days ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Remember the old days when people would just put their new TV no top of their old TV?

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Why bother to pay for new furniture when you already have something that works fine?

Confess my TV sits on top a office desk that I have not needed in years.

#5361 52 days ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

My parents TV was like the for much of the 80s.
    Didn't bother us a bit.

#5362 52 days ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

[quoted image]

I use an LG LCD 37" HDTV as my primary computer monitor and have been using it for over 10 years. I'm wondering when it's going to die, and since 37" TVs aren't a size that's made any more, how the heck I'm going to find something to replace it with. I don't want to go smaller (32"), and I can't really accommodate something much bigger (40").

I just checked and it has almost 23,000 hours clocked on it.

On the upside, TVs now cost less than half of what I paid for them back then.

#5363 52 days ago

My TV has had a sheet over it for years now.
    The stereo runs all day though
    DSCF0096[1] (resized).jpg

#5364 52 days ago

TV's are needed where i live for days when you open the door to go to work in the morning and see this

20211117_175209 (resized).jpg
    #5365 52 days ago

Or you could exercise your brain rather than opiate it.

DSCF0098[1] (resized).jpg

#5366 52 days ago

Confession: I’m in the process of purchasing a pitch-and-bat before my first standard pin.

#5367 52 days ago
    Quoted from Ryguy80:

Confession: I’m in the process of purchasing a pitch-and-bat before my first standard pin.

I have one and I love it! Just something fun to mess with every now and then.

Pinball is the BEST! But variety is also AWESOME!

Anyway, my girlfriend has done gone nuts.

She thinks I spend a bunch of time here because I must be talking to women.

I am like um, no, not any women here I know of.

She wanted to see all of my pm's. And then when she did not find anything she said I must have deleted some.

Um, no, I have never deleted any pm's, and some are from members that are deceased now.

Confess last night I got very tired of hearing: "12 times now anytime I walked in the room you hit some button to quickly get back out of whatever you were reading".

Um, I was finished reading that, and I clicked out to go read something else.

She is very AWESOME! And she only lives 1/8 of a mile away.

Confess if she lived 30 miles away and was complaining for no reason about my time on here I would be like see ya bye.

Confess I am very easy going, it is rare I ever complain about anything, but recently she complained we were having dinner too late, so I started getting dinner ready earlier on my cooking days, and she is always late, and on days she cooks, she is way later than me.

Her Mom is a real bitch and complains about everything, but still no excuse to bring that here.

I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEK!

#5368 52 days ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

She wanted to see all of my pm's. And then when she did not find anything she said I must have deleted some.
    Um, no, I have never deleted any pm's

Now I’m trying to recall my conversations with you over the years.

I confess I’m now tempted to send flirty PMs to your pinside inbox.

#5369 52 days ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I’m now tempted to send flirty PMs to your pinside inbox.

I confess I have never used the "ignore" feature here, but I may have to use it on you!

#5370 51 days ago

You do spend a lot of time on that "Boob" thread.

#5371 51 days ago

I have one and I love it! Just something fun to mess with every now and then.
    Pinball is the BEST! But variety is also AWESOME!
    Anyway, my girlfriend has done gone nuts.
    I am like um, no, not any women here I know of.
    Um, no, I have never deleted any pm's, and some are from members that are deceased now.
    Confess last night I got very tired of hearing: "12 times now anytime I walked in the room you hit some button to quickly get back out of whatever you were reading".
    Um, I was finished reading that, and I clicked out to go read something else.
    She is very AWESOME! And she only lives 1/8 of a mile away.
    Confess if she lived 30 miles away and was complaining for no reason about my time on here I would be like see ya bye.
    Confess I am very easy going, it is rare I ever complain about anything, but recently she complained we were having dinner too late, so I started getting dinner ready earlier on my cooking days, and she is always late, and on days she cooks, she is way later than me.
    Her Mom is a real bitch and complains about everything, but still no excuse to bring that here.
    I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEK!

My Girlfriend does the same! Exactly the same! What girls are you talking to? You must be since you are on there so much! I usually just hand her my phone! Lol
    I confess it has gotten me in trouble… I’ve been trying to buy a Stranger Things, Amazing Spider-Man and a Spider-Man VE. We fight over that almost every time she gets the phone! It’s my money until we move in I make my own decisions! She doesn’t feel the same!

#5372 51 days ago

I confess a fair number of games in my collection came to me because of a divorce.

#5373 51 days ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess a fair number of games in my collection came to me because of a divorce.

I confess I think my wife is ok with me buying pins just BECAUSE it will make a divorce too expensive

#5374 51 days ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

My Girlfriend does the same! Exactly the same! What girls are you talking to? You must be since you are on there so much!

It gets old and causes me to have a few more Nattys.

Quoted from Zartan:

I’ve been trying to buy a Stranger Things, Amazing Spider-Man and a Spider-Man VE.

The SMVE was very fun, but the callouts got on my nerves so bad.

That is the only game that I have sold that my girlfriend still misses.

Confess if she had of spoke up earlier I would have kept it.

Quoted from ReadyPO:

I confess I think my wife is ok with me buying pins just BECAUSE it will make a divorce too expensive

Confess I never wanted to go through the whole divorce thing, so I have never been married.

And kind of weird I have a 5 year thing going on.

Within 5 years girlfriends are ready to get rid of me, or I am ready to get rid of them.

BUT! Like that old country song, "I loved em everyone". (T.G. Sheppard if you want to look it up, I love that old song).

Confess I really hope to have this girlfriend for the rest of my life, but she better start leaving me alone when I am on Pinside, or get a account of her own if she wants to interact while I am relaxing and goofing off here.

BUT! if I ever find out she is on here, and she gives me a downvote, I can move on.

Hell, she loves all the games, I hope she is on here anyway and not to just spy on me but to enjoy all of the fun this site has to offer.

#5375 51 days ago

I confess I haven't even played a Stranger Things yet. I love the show too. I think AIQ is the newest game I've played. Or is JP a newer game? Can you see how bad I am with keeping up with new titles? I remember when they made a game and then they were done. With the re runs I can't tell when a game was truly first made without doing some serious investigating.

#5376 51 days ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I haven't even played a Stranger Things yet. I love the show too.

Confess I have never played the game or seen the show.

Confess when I look at the top 100 here, I am tempted, but HELL NO!, the games may be awesome but not my theme.

I have been watching Deadliest Catch now for around 2 decades, I have never missed a episode. If that pin ever gets made EHOH is out of here for the money and space.

(as long as DC has awesome features of course). (but I still would not waste money for the LE version).

#5377 51 days ago

I hate throwing away cookie tins.

366F73F4-7926-4DF3-9594-2D7384BFEA9F (resized).jpeg
    #5378 51 days ago

I like responding to for sale posts with "wish you were closer" even though I wouldn't buy the game if you were my next door neighbor.

#5379 51 days ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

I hate throwing away cookie tins.
    [quoted image]

You mean sewing containers?

#5380 50 days ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I haven't even played a Stranger Things yet. I love the show too. I think AIQ is the newest game I've played. Or is JP a newer game? Can you see how bad I am with keeping up with new titles?

Confess I never intended to own a newer title, had too many old ones on my wish list. Then got a Houdini at a ridiculous low price, then wife wanted B/W Munster's premium, and now I have two NIB on order.

Still love my EMs, early SS and my 80s and 90s pins, but the immersion on the newer titles is pretty awesome. However, I guess I confess I like playing all era's of pins

#5381 50 days ago

How good are cold sausages?

Ever since i was a kid.......

#5382 50 days ago

Confess they love me at the bottlo when i pay cash.

DSCF0107[1] (resized).jpg

#5383 50 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

holy fuck

#5384 50 days ago

Gotta play hard.

This is my old spirits cabinet;

vm3inch5 (resized).jpg

#5385 50 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Is that receipt for 100 cases with 24 bottles or cans for $46.75 per case?

Confess I came close to that $4675.00 way back when I stocked up for y2k.

(after tax a case of Natty is $19.07 for 30 cans here).

#5386 50 days ago

Confess for a long time now when I needed to purchase some tools or materials I have hated to go to the big box stores, but a lot of the time that is the only place that has what I need at the time.

The big box stores are about 5 miles away, while a Mom and Pop is one mile away.

All I ever heard was how high that Mom and Pop store was.

Well, at times I have needed a pitch fork, and I have never owned one, and I knew one would come in handy soon, so for the hell of it I looked online at the big box stores prices.

DAMN! The Mom and Pop store was 20 bucks less for the same pitchfork, even the same brand.

And the Mom and Pop always has 2-4 employees ready to help me find what I am looking for the minute I walk in the door.

In the big box stores it sometimes takes 30 minutes to find a employee to help me find what I need.

Confess the difference is night and day between a Mom and Pop store that has no stockholders, and a big box store that has stockholders and probably a CEO making millions a year.

With the work I do I purchase a whole lot of chain saw chains during a year, and while the Mom and Pop is less than the big box on them, actually Amazon has all of them beat on price, and quality. (so far that is the only work related item I buy on Amazon, but every so often I will buy some DVD"S there also).

#5387 50 days ago

Big Box stores part 2:

Confess for work, and for home, BJ's Wholesale Club not only has the lowest prices on some things, but a few things I can not even find anywhere else.

I hate that 55 buck or whatever it is yearly fee, so each time right before it expires I stock up for the next 6 months or longer, so I can always have what I need for a about 20 buck yearly fee.

Every dollar saved counts, to help save up for the next game purchase. (priorities).

#5388 49 days ago

I confess this is my first post in this thread, and the only reason I found it was I was "stalking" my secret santee

#5389 49 days ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

I confess this is my first post in this thread, and the only reason I found it was I was "stalking" my secret santee

Confess, confess!!!!!!!

#5390 49 days ago

I like toast cooked on one side only sometimes.

#5391 49 days ago

I confess I'm feeling a bit of FOMO - thinking about buying a pin I've never played for ~$9k. Foolishness.

#5392 49 days ago

Probs only two or three of my pins i played before buying them, maybe less.

#5393 49 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Less than two? So.. one?

#5394 49 days ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Less than two? So.. one?

yeah-well-thats-just-like-wow-man.jpg

#5395 49 days ago

I confess I’ve been trying to get the house all cleaned up but I’ve been spending too much time playing Dr Who. I normally don’t play a pinball this much after it arrives.

#5396 49 days ago

I’m confessing to be dad through and through. Took the quiz and scored 100%. This made me ponder Dad theory and why do inane comments come to mind in certain situations? Same applies among Dad’s and their thinking processes lead them to utter the same responses, all naturally. I realized my dad had one dad story that would come out in a specific situation regardless of whom was with him, how many times you’d heard it and even if you ask him to please shut up. He couldn’t help himself and he was 100% going to tell it. Whenever a trigger happened, the reaction was swift and it came in the form of a story. That made me smile remembering my dad whose been gone 12 years now.

Dad Story Background - My dad enjoyed golf and could play it every day. He primarily played at his local club and had a regular foursome of guys to see each week. Some weeks one of the guys would be gone and there was a long list of other guys that wanted to join them to fill out the party. Any visiting relatives or friends would become part of the group and someone would step out that week. Grandkids, Aunts, friends etc, would get an invite to play. Half way round the course sat hole #10 the snack shop, restrooms, water fountain etc. Doctors comprise 1/4 of the golfers every day.

Story Trigger - as you complete hole 9 and pull the cart up to tee 10, you can stop off and take care of business. Much excitement is in the air.

Story - a man ordered a hot dog while he was waiting for the people in his group to reassemble. He was eating it while talking with someone in his group. He took a big breath of air, just as the second guy was telling the punchline of a joke. The hot dog eater inhaled a little too hard and the hot dog got lodged in his throat. The second guy couldn’t help. He called for the other 2 guys to come help. One was a doctor, but they didn’t hear. Another doctor heard the noise and came over to help. He unsuccessfully tried the heimlich too late and the first guy died right then and there.

Story Moral - ok so what does this story teach us? Hopefully it reminds you that eating is serious business and to never joke around while eating, especially hot dogs.
    8141D2B4-A27B-440D-A442-6314783AD9AB.jpeg

#5397 49 days ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The hot dogs eater inhaled a little too hard and the hot dog got lodged in his throat.

I always cut fried dogs in to little squares since they are notorious for killing people.
    These things are delicious and deadly for older folks with bad teeth.
    Accept your age and chewing ability!
    "A Man has to know his limitations"

#5398 49 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

2 for me. TWD and SMVE.

(The Walking Dead pro, and Spider Man vault edition).

Confess like everyone else I love to just use the 2-5 letters for a game, but when someone else does that I hate it, takes me forever to figure out what those letters stand for.

Anyway, I have only watched one episode of TWD, and that was after I bought the game, and I care less about the show or the theme, but I love this game, and the callouts are ok also.

TWD is the last game I would ever sell.

SMVE was a fun game, we miss it, but the callouts got on my nerves way too bad.

#5399 49 days ago

While ago a amber alert set my phone off, and recently one of those woke me up at like 4am and ticked me off.

I tried, but I could not find a way to turn that crap off.

BUT! I did play with my text message stuff a tad, and now I kind of know how I can get a pic from my phone to here now.

(still using my regular computer also).

Confess I am still using a deactivated flip phone for my alarm clock.

And tonight my smart phone will be placed in a fire proof safe, so that if there are any more amber alerts, that stuff will not wake me up.

(and no, I do not know how to just turn the smart phone off, and even if I did it would still suck if somehow it went off anyway for some alert).

Confess all this phone stuff confuses me.

Local laws says no use of phone while driving, while signs all along the interstate says call 511 for traffic info.

Which is it? Never use a phone while driving? Or is it ok to call 511 while driving?

Also signs on the side of the interstate says emergency parking only.

OK, if my vehicle catches fire, I am pretty sure that is a emergency, and ok to stop and park.

I wonder if that Taco Bell food 2 exits back and I have a poop emergency counts?

And the next time a cop tries to pull me over for speeding, I am going to keep speeding until the next exit and then get off so he can give me a ticket.

If he wants to be a asshole, I will say hey, the signs on the side of the road says emergency parking only, and just because you want to give me some $300.00 ticket I am not sure if that is considered a emergency.

Confess I really hate it when I am doing 80mph in a 70mph and someone catches me, and I let them pass, and then all of a sudden they are going 74mph, and holding me up, and will not let me pass.

Also confess I hate toll roads, and on a long road trip sometimes I will drive a extra 200 miles to avoid them. (like taking 81 instead of 95 if I am going to be in the New York area from here).

#5400 49 days ago

While ago a amber alert set my phone off, and recently one of those woke me up at like 4am and ticked me off.

I turned my alerts off. If you pay attention to the follow up it’s usually a domestic issue where one parent calls in on the other parent. Rarely it’s an oddball abduction like you’d see in a movie.

Once they gave it the Amber name many years ago I was on the school bus where the 7th official “Amber” alert took place. Was a 17 year old girl running off with her 18 year old boyfriend who was following behind the bus. Just skipping a day of school.

There are 5,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 117.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside