Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,563 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by ReadyPO
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R0010429 (resized).jpg
    R0010431 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 252.
    #5151 2 years ago

I confess I don't understand why JohnnyPinball007 has an Australian accent in his childhood biography.

(If you don't want to click the link or it breaks, search YouTube for "Little Johnny Full Movie". The full movie has a runtime of about 1h18m. There are a number of short clips on YouTube. The movie is available on Amazon Prime and probably other streaming services. It's an adult cartoon.)

#5152 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

It’s more fun when you can observe the falling back of time. There’s a massive WHOOSH that lasts about half a second.

From here you can take a 30 minute ride west on I-20 and watch the falling back of time anytime you want around the Alabama state line.

#5153 2 years ago
    Quoted from reps:

I don't understand why JohnnyPinball007 has an Australian accent in his childhood biography.

That was just the actor they used to portray me. I have a southern accent in real life.

Quoted from reps:

It's an adult cartoon.

Yep, I am a adult cartoon.

#5154 2 years ago

I confess I’m excited for sandpaper to show up in the mail today.

#5155 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I’m excited for sandpaper to show up in the mail today.

Special delivery on a Sunday ?

LTG : )

#5156 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

So every news station can talk about clocks and people who hate them….twice a year.

And find the dumbest farmer they can that cries if he doesn't milk his cows at the same time they'll go dry. Apparently he's to stupid to figure out when that time is now or just don't change his clocks so nothing changes.

#5157 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Special delivery on a Sunday ?

I ordered it last night and amazon said they could have it here today at no extra charge. Who am I to say no?

#5158 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Who am I to say no?

The guy that said mail and not Amazon.

#5159 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

The guy that said mail and not Amazon.

I thought mail was a collective term? (as an aside USPS has been coming on Sunday these days too)

#5160 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I thought mail was a collective term?

Male is. Mail isn't.

#5162 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Send me tamale?

Hey, get back over to your malebillion thread.

#5163 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Hey, get back over to your malebillion thread.

ForceFlow definitely has grit. Much like I’ll have in a few hours.

#5164 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

That was just the actor they used to portray me. I have a southern accent in real life.

Australia is about as southern as you can get. The movie casting department went too far.

#5165 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

amazon said they could have it here today at no extra charge.

Every few months I have been ordering chain saw chains from Amazon, and at first it is preset on 2 day shipping for $8.15, and I change it to free 4 day shipping.

And then I get a email that good news you order shipped early, and then the next day your order has arrived, and I end up getting the chains in 2 days free shipping anyway.

(as a Amazon seller myself, that is a different story. No way would I even try to put any new inventory on Amazon now).

Quoted from reps:

Australia is about as southern as you can get.

I never knew that until 2 years ago or so when Parker from Gold Rush was down there filming shows. I would feel right at home down there.

So anyway, I confess I have been sinning. I have been goofing off in the basement a lot instead of the cleaner life here.

(and I am probably about to go sin some more).

I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEK!

#5166 2 years ago

I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEK!

Mine will be interesting if more people need help these next few days. Tomorrow I’m booked all day. Tuesday halfway full and Wednesday booked all day into early evening. Two of my coworkers are off for hunting all week. But I confess I’d rather be working than sit in the woods waiting for a meal to stroll by.

#5167 2 years ago

(and I am probably about to go sin some more).

Well, that did not last long, I got in trouble already.

So I promise to be good for a few weeks, or months. (or days).

I do have a perfect record here though, every time I have ever been in trouble it was from posting something funny in the basement.

I confess I am glad we have rules here, and moderators that are cool.

ForceFlow has helped me a whole lot through the years here, he is AWESOME!

Confess at least I know to not post anything "iffy" on the main topics here, and I am still learning what "iffy" things are ok in the basement.

There are a lot of times that I see a post somewhere that I am thinking dude, not sure that will fly here, but probably ok in a basement topic.

This site is AWESOME!

LTG always helping all he can, and plenty of others to help when a pin has a issue.

And then when done with reading pin stuff we have topics like this, and the lounge topics and other topics to goof off and spend more time here having fun.

Goodnight Friends!

#5168 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I’d rather be working than sit in the woods waiting for a meal to stroll by.

AMEN TO THAT!

I love fishing!

Hunting, Hell No!

#5169 2 years ago

AMEN TO THAT!
    I love fishing!
    Hunting, Hell No!

I wouldn’t even need to fish just get me by the water and I’m happy. I confess I’ve never even been hunting. Not out of avoidance just never happened when I was younger. I don’t feel like I’m missing out. I do like hunting clay, paper, and wood shaped like bowling pins heheh.

#5170 2 years ago

Confess that after AstroWorld, big concerts are going to be off my radar for a while, COVID or not. I’ve been leery of big crowds since 1981, when my friend and I went to a Who concert and he came back with a broken rib.

#5171 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Confess that after AstroWorld, big concerts are going to be off my radar for a while, COVID or not. I’ve been leery of big crowds since 1981, when my friend and I went to a Who concert and he came back with a broken rib.

I confess I’ve never really been to a big concert nor do I have much desire to. I have a long list of other things I’d rather do that I probably don’t even have time for.

#5172 2 years ago

Just bought tix today for a weekend festival classic rock weekend next summer at an unreal venue in a smaller community in Manitoba.

Driving the old motorhome down for four days to crush beer and listen to great music.

#5173 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

big concerts are going to be off my radar for a while

Quoted from swampfire:

my friend and I went to a Who concert and he came back with a broken rib.

Confess in my entire life I have went to only 2 really big concerts, and both were in the mid 80's, and both featured Run-DMC, The Fat Boys, Whodini, and a few others all in one night.

Both were at the Omni in downtown Atlanta.

Both concerts were AWESOME!, but, the last time we went there, we left through the wrong exit, and had a long walk.

Well, gun shots started going off, and someone near us fell down.

Confess I used to be in cross country back in high school. and that night I am pretty sure I big time broke my old record of how fast I could run for 3.2 miles.

Right now if I was offered free tickets to any group in concert, I would turn the tickets down.

BUT, if I was at the beach, and a outdoor club that holds only about 500 people had a band I liked playing, I would pay for that, as long as the tickets were cheap and the drink prices were reasonable.

Confess sometimes when I am in a concert mood, I YouTube, and I can normally find a hour long or more concert footage good enough that I felt like I was there, and good enough for me.

I am fine with YouTube here, let other people go spend 40 bucks to park, 300 bucks for a ticket, and 10 bucks or more for a beer. (kind of like a sporting event also).

And I think deer are pretty, and friends have cooked them, and I was not impressed. No hunting for me, unless we can start hunting cows, and I think they are also pretty, but sorry cow, I have to eat, and I like your meat.

As far as fishing, I have always loved eating shrimp, and the last time fishing was the first time I had ever used live shrimp for bait, and I learned real quick that shrimp are a real pain in the ass and not cute at all so I will always eat as many of those bastards as I can the rest of my life.

Confess while I really enjoy fishing, I rarely eat any fish anymore, I throw most of them back.

When I was younger I caught so many fish and ate so many fish that I got tired of eating fish and wanted to eat more cows and shrimp.

Confess now a lot of the time, like 3 days a week I am eating chicken, because cheap enough at the store, and I have finally learned how to cook them.

(yeah, I try to live cheap, my knees are shot and I do not plan to have any surgery so that I can just go out and work more to buy crap I really do not need at the moment).

(In the meantime it is nice to tell clients that I sorry, I can not help with that, my knees are too messed up to be climbing ladders or whatever).

So, anyway, in the you know you are old thread (whatever it is called, sorry), while ago they were talking about sleep divorce, and how they sleep in other areas away from their wife for a long time now.

CONFESS! I used to have a awesome girlfriend, she was a architect, lived in a mansion, and she was totally fun, and totally AWESOME!

She was perfect, everything I wanted.

BUT! she snored so loud no room in that mansion was immune to that, and I could even go outside and get in my car and try to sleep and I could still hear her snoring all the way out there in my car!

Lack of sleep from all of that almost caused me to bankrupt on a rental house at the time.

And I really liked her family, but they just laughed when I mentioned the snoring stuff, and said she took after her Dad, and told me stories about them all being at the beach, and his snoring drove them to their cars, and they could still hear his snoring out there also.

And I confess I wish I had of never opened up and told my girlfriend now about the snoring stuff, because all the time she is asking "oh, did I snore, did I keep you awake", and she is fine, about damn deaf, but otherwise perfect.

While ago she asked me about something I had already told her about, (with what I was doing hooked to that enclosed trailer, what work was I doing), and I said well, I already told you that, not sure if you was not paying attention, or did not hear me, but... and I proceeded to talk loud and slow, and confess I regret that a tad, but it gets old having to repeat myself all the time to her.

Confess I need to learn to be more patient I guess. I just stay so busy.

Life is short, and I am trying my best to be awesome and not be a dick, but I know I need to work on that some more.

I hope all of you have a awesome week!

***no need to read all of that, just stay away from large crowds and don't be a dick***

(edit), without hitting that button, Natty count was 8 or so, I am just getting old I guess.

#5174 2 years ago

I learned real quick that shrimp are a real pain in the ass and not cute at all so I will always eat as many of those bastards as I can the rest of my life.

My Friend had an expensive salt water aquarium. He filled it with creatures instead of fish, all kind of weird aquatic animals that cost a fortune.
    I went with him one time and he bought three live shrimp, they were about 20 bucks a piece.
    He told me the other specie he had in there wouldn't eat them according to the book.
    1 minute after hitting the water they were tore apart and gulped down. WOOSH 60 bucks gone.
    Everything eats a shrimp.

#5175 2 years ago

Confess, one of the best concerts I've been too was Nazareth back in the early eighties. We had first row mezzanine, I could sit and relax and enjoy the show without having someone in front of me standing up all the time.

#5176 2 years ago
    Quoted from DarthPaul:

Confess, one of the best concerts I've been too was Nazareth back in the early eighties. We had first row mezzanine, I could sit and relax and enjoy the show without having someone in front of me standing up all the time.

That's why i'm excited to go to this layed back outdoor festival! No crowding, relaxed atmosphere

#5177 2 years ago

I confess that I am a pessimist.

I would also like to say that people who think that water isn't wet are flat out wrong.

I have had these kinds of arguments with friends relatively often, is that normal? Probably not.

I confess that I wish I posted here more, but I never have anything interesting to say.

I further confess that I think I have confessed all of this before, but I felt the urge to post something.

#5178 2 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I would also like to say that people who think that water isn't wet are flat out wrong.
    I have had these kinds of arguments with friends relatively often, is that normal? Probably not.
    I confess that I wish I posted here more, but I never have anything interesting to say.
    I further confess that I think I have confessed all of this before, but I felt the urge to post something.

A pessimist is never disappointed.

#5179 2 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

That never stopped me.

(You have made 608 posts in this topic.) (what it says on my page at the top).

So this is number 609 for me.

All that typing I have done here just relaxed me while I was doing it.

Confess while ago I thought about starting a topic called "What is the most illegal thing you have ever done, or been a part of", but right now I am not in the mood to start a new topic, and really that fits here anyway.

Confess about 35 years ago a vehicle warranty expired at 60,000 miles, and it had big time engine issues at 68,000 miles, and a friend of a friend, of another friend, told me to take it to this address, and they will back up the speedometer for me.

I would not even confess that now, but since 35 years ago, and I can not remember anything about how all of that started, if I were to get busted now I only remember one thing: the dude that did the work had a something another with some kind of dust in it, and after he was done, removed his fingerprints, he added a layer of dust back inside of the speedometer area.

I will never forget the dust thing, it was so clever I thought.

If the dude that did that is even still alive he would have to be around 90 now, and I never paid attention to what he looked like anyway, so if this even happened, I probably was just drinking beer and goofing off.

I totally forgot what I was saying, I have never done anything illegal.

Anyway, I have not had any car warranty messages in a long while now, but today I had my first message about my student loans, and it was a long message and they were sounding all serious. Problem is I never have had any student loans, so they are barking up the wrong tree calling me with that crap.

The only scam messages that really hit home for me and ticked me off was a while back there was some about my Dad's bankruptcy about 30 years ago.

Like some scammers are digging through old files, and thinking they can convince surviving family that there are still some things that they have to take care of.

Confess I am very easy going, and not many people I hate, but I do hate scammers.

And I love how ForceFlow works to keep information about pinball scam sites.

I really think though he should start a new topic, to just list verified for real sites, at this point with so many scammers popping up all of the time it just seems like listing real sites would be easier.

Oh, and my girlfriend gets tired of all of these numbers calling her, so she goes through the whole thing and presses one to be removed from the list, and then she has 10 times the problems.

I never do any of that, and I have very few scam calls.

I recently read that even if you press a number, (like my girlfriend is doing), the scammers sell your number to other scammers, because you actually were active.

And whatever you do, do not depend on your phone to keep all of your contacts, always keep all of that on paper also, in case you ever lose your phone.

(I have one friend that never learns, and every time he has phone problems he cries about he no longer has anyone's number).

***no need to read all of that, just boring phone stuff***

#5180 2 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

Did you hear about the pessimist who hates sausage? He fears the wurst.

An optimistic pessimist sees the glass as half empty, but also knows there are free refills.

monsters-pixar.gifmonsters-pixar.gif
    #5181 2 years ago

I really think though he should start a new topic, to just list verified for real sites, at this point with so many scammers popping up all of the time it just seems like listing real sites would be easier.

Well, there's a few reasons why we don't.

1) It's an impossible task. There are *a lot* of pinball sites, suppliers, distributors. More and more every day. It's difficult to stay on top of it all and keep any sort of list up-to-date.
    2) There have been a few cases where shops/distributors that were formerly in good standing had things happen and took a turn for the worse.
    3) We try not to officially endorse anyone or provide official recommendations, otherwise that could come back to bite us because of #2 (or simply because someone had a bad experience for whatever reason), or people can get upset because they're "not on the list". So, we simply offer many self-service options to advertise on the site if people so choose.

#5182 2 years ago

The current pin market is insane, I don’t sell games often. I put a pin up for sale and got full price in under a minute, and my pm box hasn’t stopped all night with people even offering more than asking price once I tell them I have a probable deal in place, which I would never do. I guess I should’ve asked more.

#5183 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

The current pin market is insane, I don’t sell games often. I put a pin up for sale and got full price in under a minute, and my pm box hasn’t stopped all night with people even offering more than asking price once I tell them I have a probable deal in place, which I would never do. I guess I should’ve asked more.

I had to remove my games from my collection on pinside because I felt bad either not responding to the frequency of PMs or keep saying not for sale, which they were not. (Yeah I could have them hidden but…eh)

#5184 2 years ago

That never stopped me.
    (You have made 608 posts in this topic.) (what it says on my page at the top).
    So this is number 609 for me.
    All that typing I have done here just relaxed me while I was doing it.
    Confess while ago I thought about starting a topic called "What is the most illegal thing you have ever done, or been a part of", but right now I am not in the mood to start a new topic, and really that fits here anyway.
    Confess about 35 years ago a vehicle warranty expired at 60,000 miles, and it had big time engine issues at 68,000 miles, and a friend of a friend, of another friend, told me to take it to this address, and they will back up the speedometer for me.
    I would not even confess that now, but since 35 years ago, and I can not remember anything about how all of that started, if I were to get busted now I only remember one thing: the dude that did the work had a something another with some kind of dust in it, and after he was done, removed his fingerprints, he added a layer of dust back inside of the speedometer area.
    I will never forget the dust thing, it was so clever I thought.
    If the dude that did that is even still alive he would have to be around 90 now, and I never paid attention to what he looked like anyway, so if this even happened, I probably was just drinking beer and goofing off.
    I totally forgot what I was saying, I have never done anything illegal.
    Anyway, I have not had any car warranty messages in a long while now, but today I had my first message about my student loans, and it was a long message and they were sounding all serious. Problem is I never have had any student loans, so they are barking up the wrong tree calling me with that crap.
    The only scam messages that really hit home for me and ticked me off was a while back there was some about my Dad's bankruptcy about 30 years ago.
    Like some scammers are digging through old files, and thinking they can convince surviving family that there are still some things that they have to take care of.
    Confess I am very easy going, and not many people I hate, but I do hate scammers.
    And I love how ForceFlow works to keep information about pinball scam sites.
    Oh, and my girlfriend gets tired of all of these numbers calling her, so she goes through the whole thing and presses one to be removed from the list, and then she has 10 times the problems.
    I never do any of that, and I have very few scam calls.
    I recently read that even if you press a number, (like my girlfriend is doing), the scammers sell your number to other scammers, because you actually were active.
    And whatever you do, do not depend on your phone to keep all of your contacts, always keep all of that on paper also, in case you ever lose your phone.
    (I have one friend that never learns, and every time he has phone problems he cries about he no longer has anyone's number).
    ***no need to read all of that, just boring phone stuff***

609 Johnny posts out of 5179 total .... that equates to about 12% of all posts in The Confessional thread being made by Johnny! I wonder how many Natty Lights have been consumed during those writings!?!!
    CEBCD9CE-C39E-4FAF-AE8A-436482F8B40E (resized).jpegCEBCD9CE-C39E-4FAF-AE8A-436482F8B40E (resized).jpeg

#5185 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I wonder how many Natty Lights have been consumed during those writings

Probably averaged 10 x 609 = 6090.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Well, there's a few reasons why we don't.

You are totally right. Thanks for the info.

#5186 2 years ago

wildlife cam ...

E4002D23-7883-4D3B-BDE0-BF6724CD2317.jpegE4002D23-7883-4D3B-BDE0-BF6724CD2317.jpeg
    #5187 2 years ago

I confess I just saw someone as a “pinside+ frequent pinsider” or something like that. Must be some new enhancements to the site recently? I looked on the general maintenance side of the forums and didn’t see anything. Course I could have overlooked.

#5188 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I just saw someone as a “pinside+ frequent pinsider” or something like that. Must be some new enhancements to the site recently? I looked on the general maintenance side of the forums and didn’t see anything. Course I could have overlooked.

It is the version that allows you to sell.

#5189 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

That’s odd I’m just noticing it how long has it been around? I don’t recall seeing it before or is it usually overwritten by a business title so I haven’t seen it

#5190 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

No, anyone can sell, I just did yesterday

#5191 2 years ago

Confess I miss Jaybirds old avatar.

#5192 2 years ago

Confess I miss Jaybirds old avatar.

It’ll be back at seasons end

#5193 2 years ago

I am sad not seeing JohnnyPinball007 name on the Secret Santa list...was hoping to get him this year!!!

#5194 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I am sad not seeing JohnnyPinball007 name on the Secret Santa list

Confess a long time ago I looked at that, but never totally understood it. Kind of reminded me of the pot luck Christmas stuff a ex-girlfriend and her family did.

Confess I have never cared for the holidays, I am not Scrooge, but pretty close.

My girlfriend also hates the holidays, and all the TV commercials, and crap in stores, I hope to have her around for a very long time.

Confess I rarely get my girlfriend anything for her birthday or Christmas, I usually say something like "let me know if you want me to pick up something for you, but if not, I was already planning on buying us a season pass to Cedar Point, or Busch Gardens, etc., pretty soon".

(and that is the short version, I give her multiple choices in the budget I am thinking).

And that is how she ended up with a "engagement" ring. She wanted a ring, that one time at band camp.

(the band camp stuff was just thrown in as a joke, the ring is real).

Anyway, I need to run, I keep hearing noises that sounds like a beer being opened right outside my door in the back yard, and I want to check that out.

#5195 2 years ago

pot luck Christmas stuff a ex-girlfriend and her family did.

That stuff was pretty funny. Everything goes in brown grocery bags, so they all look the same, and mostly just stuff that needed to be put in the trash.

When something was very bad no one admitted that they had put the stuff in the bag.

Some people were proud of their gifts though, like when the bag I picked had a electric drill in about 50 pieces, and one of the exes sisters proudly said "it is all there, you just have to put it back together".

Confess I thought these people were nuts. Why would anyone have ever wasted that much time taking a drill apart like that in the first place.

(one bag had half full bottles of old crap that would have been under a kitchen sink).

#5196 2 years ago

I played hockey tonight… got sucker punched right in the mouth, bled all over my jersey and loved every second of it. Man I love hockey.

#5197 2 years ago

I really like Corn Flakes breakfast cereal.

I can't stand Corn Chex breakfast cereal.

Go figure.

#5198 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

No, anyone can sell, I just did yesterday

I tried to sell with a basic and couldn’t without purchasing the Pinsider+. I might not have done it properly?

#5199 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I tried to sell with a basic and couldn’t without purchasing the Pinsider+. I might not have done it properly?

There was a bug with the game selection drop down menu yesterday. It should be fixed now.

Pinside+ is not required for posting an ad in the marketplace.

#5200 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

There was a bug with the game selection drop down menu yesterday. It should be fixed now.
    Pinside+ is not required for posting an ad in the marketplace.

If you look into my account I paid for the pinsider account. Tried to post my C37. It would not allow me to do it unless I paid for pinsider+. So I paid twice on my account.

There are 12,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/104?hl=darthpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.