Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,550 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 251.
    #5051 2 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

You should’ve hired them. Then they can show you all the things you’ve been doing wrong on how to run a business over all these years

No lie. I had two come in a few days ago. About 16 years old. They were letting me know what I should all do to fill the place with people. Note : They didn't say customers.

I listened intently, and thanked them. I asked them how in the he** I made it 49 years without their fu**ing help ?

I told them they should open a business right now. While they still knew everything.

LTG : )

#5052 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

No lie. I had two come in a few days ago. About 16 years old. They were letting me know what I should all do to fill the place with people. Note : They didn't say customers.
    I listened intently, and thanked them. I asked them how in the he** I made it 49 years without their fu**ing help ?
    I told them they should open a business right now. While they still knew everything.

Lmfao !

#5053 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Pinball businesses aside I confess I wish other businesses would listen to their customers and not the people who complain all over social media.

What a lot of people don’t realize is the complainers and customers are a lot of times two different groups. Especially people running around saying boycott. I’ll bet they never dropped a dime at the place/chain.

#5054 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I wish other businesses would listen to their customers and not the people who complain all over social media.

BINGO!

I confess this is the reason I will never go to the Six Flags that is 5 miles away ever again, after being a season pass holder for decades.

#5055 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I wish other businesses would listen to their customers

I do listen. Just in case that one idea comes along that might be good, or good in the future.

I do get bored hearing the same ideas over and over for 49 years that won't work here.

#5056 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I do listen. Just in case that one idea comes along that might be good, or good in the future.
    I do get bored hearing the same ideas over and over for 49 years that won't work here.

You should serve alcohol

#5057 2 years ago

Oh and I confess this is the first year I’ll be giving away full sized candy bars for Halloween. Last year was crap for me (and a lot of others) and I’m sure it was for others so I didn’t have the holiday spirit.

This year I’m more in the mood. Money isn’t any more plentiful but what the heck why not do it up this year. Have a big bag of fun size too. Can’t wait to see the look on the parents face when they bring their one kid up whose expected to receive a couple fun size pieces and end up with 8 to 10.

F0CB08DA-DA23-405E-A3B6-24932C0C3787 (resized).jpegF0CB08DA-DA23-405E-A3B6-24932C0C3787 (resized).jpeg
    #5058 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

You should serve alcohol

Uh oh here we go

#5059 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I was more getting at the fact that some places overlook that in favor of the squeaky wheel not noticing said squeaky wheel isn’t a customer.

Yep even if something doesn’t sound like a good idea today doesn’t mean it’s a bad idea tomorrow.

#5060 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

BINGO!
    I confess this is the reason I will never go to the Six Flags that is 5 miles away ever again, after being a season pass holder for decades.

Were you the guy I talked to a couple years ago who took out an unlimited food pass and actually came out ahead from dining there almost every day? I had a PM conversation on here awhile ago about that.

#5061 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

You should serve alcohol

Absolutely. Maybe a quarter of a million to set it up. 1/3rd of the room for two handicap accessible bathrooms. No basement, so half of what is left for back bar, coolers, bar. Then maybe 6 or 8 stools and a few small tables to sit by.

Of course no room for pinball machines or pool tables. I'd have this cute little boutique bar that goes broke in a month. During which time I get to deal with what ever drunks wander in. And the drunks going home late at night to the housing nearby, broke, drunk, mean, and baby sit them. And I get to be the first one sued when they kill somebody.

Alcohol isn't guaranteed success. Bars go broke too.

My Mother once owned a 3.2 bar in Northeast Minneapolis. So I have a tiny bit of the bar experience.

NO THANKS.

#5062 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Absolutely. Maybe a quarter of a million to set it up. 1/3rd of the room for two handicap accessible bathrooms. No basement, so half of what is left for back bar, coolers, bar. Then maybe 6 or 8 stools and a few small tables to sit by.
    Of course no room for pinball machines or pool tables. I'd have this cute little boutique bar that goes broke in a month. During which time I get to deal with what ever drunks wander in. And the drunks going home late at night to the housing nearby, broke, drunk, mean, and baby sit them. And I get to be the first one sued when they kill somebody.
    Alcohol isn't guaranteed success. Bars go broke too.
    My Mother once owned a 3.2 bar in Northeast Minneapolis. So I have a tiny bit of the bar experience.
    NO THANKS.

My mom worked for the health department her entire life. LTG isn’t kidding. License and insurance coverage can’t be compensated unless you promote the heck out of selling alcohol and you know what that can result in.

Anyways from what I know you have to have all these separate sinks and stuff. You need one for employees to wash their hands, another for this, another for that, another for dumping drinks. Don’t forget your sanitation process for glasses cause tap beer more profitable. Clean your lines early and often so the product tastes fresh.

My cousin worked for a tap handle company out of Seattle. Several of the guys left to go into their own business of cleaning tap lines cause it paid so well.

#5063 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Were you the guy I talked to a couple years ago who took out an unlimited food pass and actually came out ahead from dining there almost every day?

Yeah, that was me. For a while I was having like 180 meals a year (turkey legs, chicken wings, pizza, etc.) for about 130 bucks a year, and just a 8 minute drive each way.

I have been to every Six Flags in the United States, and by far the one 5 miles away is the worst for line jumpers, litter, and just total chaos, and at one point the CEO was on local news caving to some bs on social media that would make all of that even worse, and I said HELL NO!, I will never go back there again.

(confess if I was still single I would probably keep going and saving a few bucks on meals, but my girlfriend had been through enough with all of that, and one idiot almost broke her leg one time just running for no reason, and not even paying attention to where they were going).

It is just such chaos that when you enter the park, right outside the gate there is always at least 2 cop cars, and inside the park real cops, (not just bs park security) is pretty heavy also, and then the CEO goes on tv caving in from someone that wants even more chaos in the park, NO! HELL NO!

That place is just not safe if you are not paying close attention to everything around you.

Confess I was used to it, but my girlfriend was not.

(yeah, they have metal detectors, but I know people were bringing in guns for a fact, but at least those people I knew were off duty cops, but if they can sneak guns in anyone can).

Confess it is kind of bad when even off duty cops feel the need to sneak a gun into the park.

And all of this is 100% TRUE!

#5064 2 years ago

Just checking in.

Confess I have nothing to confess at the moment.

#5065 2 years ago

Just checking in.
    Confess I have nothing to confess at the moment.

The night is young

#5066 2 years ago
    9C27BED4-75AB-4F8F-84C5-7A2A50754C8C (resized).jpeg9C27BED4-75AB-4F8F-84C5-7A2A50754C8C (resized).jpeg
    #5067 2 years ago

Confess that I’m thinking about a 4-day trip to Boulder or Estes Park in Colorado in a few weeks. I had lunch with my son today, and he wants to go for his 23rd birthday. He just wants to hike and buy some legal weed. Coincidentally it’s the 25th anniversary for my wife and me a week later. And I just want to visit Lyons Classic Pinball again. It was my first visit to a pinball arcade with over 20 games since the 80s, so it’s pretty special to me. My wife seems happy just to get away for a while. I guess I should check the weather…

#5068 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

the 25th anniversary for my wife and me

Happy Anniversary!

Quoted from swampfire:

He just wants to hike and buy some legal weed.

And Natty Light is cheaper, and legal anyway.

Long ago I did weed 3-4 times, and it was not for me.

Confess I do love the smell of some good weed someone else is smoking.

Also confess I can not stand the smell of the cheap weed that some people smoke.

Night and day comparison, between awesome smelling weed that is AWESOME!, and cheap weed that smells more like dogshit than weed, and you can barely tell it is a weed smell.

No weed for me, but if some fine stuff is in the air I love that smell.

#5069 2 years ago

I miss the smell of cattle floats that used to go past my place a couple years ago before i moved to the coast.

Love that cow shit smell and miss it like crazy.

#5070 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Confess that I don’t know why dogs eat crap

I'm going off of memory from a topic I heard on the radio a long time ago... they were talking about why dogs like to eat cat shit out of the litter box. The host called them "tootsie rolls." Someone called in and said it was that dogs like the high protein content in various forms of feces. I, as a human, prefer a cheeseburger.

And thank you for jarring that piece of trivial bullshit loose from my brain.

I confess that I'm amazed to contribute that alleged fact to a conversation.

#5071 2 years ago
    Quoted from Becker34:

talking about why dogs like to eat cat shit out of the litter box.

They learn it from their mom, who will eat or remove poop to keep to their space clean when they grow up. This expert needs...more expertise.

#5072 2 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

They learn it from their mom,

I confess I now understand....when someone says "eat shit" or "eat shit motherfuker" they are actually referring to motherly instinct.

#5073 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I guess I should check the weather…

You can play pinball in any weather

#5074 2 years ago

I confess I'm about to watch game 5 of the world series and I honestly have no idea who is playing I haven't even googled it.

#5075 2 years ago

I confess to being torn between Godzilla and Cactus Canyon .Yeah you heard me right ! Yes, Godzilla is in a league of its own with mechs and flo and will be pin of the year but CC has a vibe that just pulls you in .I felt highly entertained playing that game .That being said Godzilla is our next pin when we figure out what is leaving but CC will be very high on my list thereafter .Both are big time winners !!

#5076 2 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

I confess I now understand....when someone says "eat shit" or "eat shit motherfuker"

I think the key to this is who is the "someone".

If the "someone" is a long time friend, all is good, (unless he just caught you sleeping with his wife).

If the "someone" is a person that you have never met, and they are talking to you like that, well, I hope you have more than a car fob in you pocket.

Confess I never use a car fob, I keep the car key in my pocket.

Back when I was still going to the amusement park 5 miles away and eating all the time on the dining pass, it was getting more and more dangerous, and you have to go through metal detectors to get in, and I was already finding knives on the ground that had made it in, and I never tried to bring anything in that I was not supposed to. I am not a ninja, but I figured I had a small chance with my car key.

Fun Fact: The Six Flags in NJ has no mirrors in the restrooms, and I confess I never noticed until a girlfriend at the time asked me if the men's restrooms had mirrors, and I paid attention then, and they did have mirrors, so I asked a old timer working at the park about it, and he said we can not have restroom mirrors, because the kids around here bust them and use the glass as weapons.

Confess recently I looked at the park rules for Busch Gardens in Tampa, because we plan to be in the area again on fishing trips, and we like that park, and their rules are AWESOME!, and I feel safe going back there.

And I confess I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEK!

#5077 2 years ago

Tycho Brahe is my favorite 16th century Danish astronomer.

#5078 2 years ago

Fun Fact: The Six Flags in NJ has no mirrors in the restrooms, and I confess I never noticed until a girlfriend at the time asked me if the men's restrooms had mirrors, and I paid attention then, and they did have mirrors, so I asked a old timer working at the park about it, and he said we can not have restroom mirrors, because the kids around here bust them and use the glass as weapons.

I’d been to Great Adventure (Six Flags, NJ) numerous times since the late 1970s. I remember it being a fun place with a nice selection of rides.

Last summer, my wife and I took our niece and nephew for a visit. It’s really taken a turn for the worse. The park appears old and not very well kept. And the clientele is flat out scary.

#5079 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Tycho Brahe is my favorite 16th century Danish astronomer.

I confess my distant cousin has a favorite bacteria. No idea what the name is, but it does something apparently.

#5080 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

And the clientele is flat out scary.

Confess I was thinking that, but at the same time I was also thinking maybe I am just getting old now, and all of these scary people are the new normal.

A while back we made one last trip to the NJ Six Flags, to just ride the drop tower that had opened, and now no matter what they add, I am done with all Six Flags parks.

A tiny chance we may go to Universal someday, but in no hurry.

Disney, NO! Too rich for me.

Cedar Point and Carowinds will probably always be very good parks, but we have went there so many times we are done with them also.

Bang for the buck the Busch Gardens amusement parks seems like the most fun and shorter drive for us anymore. (and the visitors seem pretty normal).

I love going to Florida, so many fun things to do, and drive not bad at all from here, but I confess the humidity is a whole lot worse there, and I hate the humidity with a passion here.

No way I could live in Florida, but I love to visit.

Other than Florida trips, the only road trip I will ever do again is to MN sometime.

(the last time I was ever in MN it was to St. Paul for business, but the next time will be to the famous LTG arcade).

(confess right now though, driving the least I can, I really hate these higher gas prices).

And what is up with the higher gas prices anyway?

Is gas also sitting on cargo ships waiting to be offloaded?

Confess though, while gas is high and I try to plan anything to use the least gas possible, I know high gas prices are good for the oil workers here, so at least I am happy that they have to be doing awesome now.

Real estate and rental prices are way up here, and so is property tax.

Confess I am eating all of that tax, I will not raise the rent on anyone.

(confess I have heard of Ramon noodles, but I have never had any, yet, but I may soon).

Goodnight!

#5081 2 years ago

I confess JohnnyPinball007 talking about theme parks reminds me of when our work had us booked at some of those venues during our annual national meetings. We used to be there all afternoon and then we’d have a small section cornered just for us in the evening.

I remember another safari themed place where you took these tractor rides into a mini safari. At each stop in the wilderness in the evening it seemed so natural….except for the portable bar with someone serving beer and wine standing in the middle of the grass. They new we were a thirsty group. I confess I was the most sober in the group.

One year they had us at Disney and our admission package came with $50 for food. After eating hotel breakfast lunch and dinner for 4 days I didn’t have much of an appetite. So my coworker and I hit up a place that sold burgers and fries. That’s all I needed and was happy. But most in our group thought it was too family friendly. Nothing like watching my coworkers foot get run over by the same stroller twice while he’s sitting there trying to eat and drink. Oh and he looks like a typical biker guy which he is. The look on the young dads face pushing the stroller was priceless cause he thought that was it for him.

I confess I prefer it when they’d send us to a local professional baseball game instead. It doesn’t take much to make me happy. One year it was at Target field when our meeting was here in Minneapolis. It was fun riding the shuttle back to the airport with my national counterparts. They’d ask when my fight was and how long I’d take to get home. I said however long it takes to find my truck in the ramp then a 20 minute drive home. I was just going to the airport to intercept my truck someone had borrowed to help out while I was in the meeting all week.

#5082 2 years ago

I enjoy using rail replacement buses more than the actual trains themselves now; it's more interesting to see what kind of crap vehicles they dredge up (and totally not cause you can't have your ticket checked on a rail replacement bus ).

I'm also bored/sad/nerdy enough (delete as appropriate) to log most of my bus journeys now, and on a site of about 800 users in the UK, I currently sit in 12th place so far this year, but I confess I've logged train journeys on there too to boost my numbers.

(photo is a BMC Condor owned by a local hire firm based in Brierley Hill, which was an interesting ride. It started its working life shuttling passengers between ferries and the International Terminal in Portsmouth, before being purchased by First Choice Minibus Hire early in 2021 to be put to work on rail replacements across the West Midlands)

DSC_9593 (resized).JPGDSC_9593 (resized).JPG
    #5083 2 years ago
    Quoted from Raedwald:

I enjoy using rail replacement buses more than the actual trains themselves now; it's more interesting to see what kind of crap vehicles they dredge up (and totally not cause you can't have your ticket checked on a rail replacement bus ).
    I'm also bored/sad/nerdy enough (delete as appropriate) to log most of my bus journeys now, and on a site of about 800 users in the UK, I currently sit in 12th place so far this year, but I confess I've logged train journeys on there too to boost my numbers.
    (photo is a BMC Condor owned by a local hire firm based in Brierley Hill, which was an interesting ride. It started its working life shuttling passengers between ferries and the International Terminal in Portsmouth, before being purchased by First Choice Minibus Hire early in 2021 to be put to work on rail replacements across the West Midlands)
    [quoted image]

I've never rode on a train.

(unless you count an inside the airport shuttle from gate to gate)

#5084 2 years ago

I can’t figure out how people who have their games “bolted to the floor” level them.

#5085 2 years ago

I smell talcum powder all day.

#5086 2 years ago
    Quoted from Raedwald:

[quoted image]

You are the first person I have heard of that enjoys riding a bus.

#5087 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Let alone competes as to how many bus rides they have and know the history of the fucking bus.

#5088 2 years ago

The Metra train into Chicago was much better when they had a bar car, you can still BYOB, tho.

#5089 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

The Metra train into Chicago was much better when they had a bar car, you can still BYOB, tho.

Overnight mail train ride on a red rattler with a deck of cards and a 1.5l bottle of Stones Green Ginger Wine.
    Them was the days.

#5090 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I can’t figure out how people who have their games “bolted to the floor” level them.

Or put their legs on backwards (if levelers were adjusted front/back appropriately)

#5091 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Confess in my twisted mind, the first thought I had was the Weird Al song lyrics "another one rides the bus".

Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

people who have their games “bolted to the floor”

Confess I have posted "bolted to the floor", and also "this game will be my casket when I die". (and those games are gone now).

Funny how for a while I thought some games were so awesome I would always have them, while the other games sitting around I thought were just average and never bragged about them, and in the end the average games had the best lastability.

Confess that lastability came up with the red line under it, and I care less, I am sticking with that word.

My girlfriend stayed at home tonight because she thinks Oak Island is boring, and she wanted to watch baseball.

I confess baseball is the most boring sport there is to me. (and Oak Island was very good tonight, I am excited about this season).

I do totally get baseball and understand most everything about it, just too slow for me.

I hope all of you are having a AWESOME WEEK!

#5092 2 years ago

My only disagreement with the above is the World Series Sunday was more exciting than the Vikings. “Oh we still have a great team”! They say going 3-4

My uncle stopped by on his way home from the airport and when they showed the pros in the stands he knew all their names just before they were displayed on the screen. Now that’s a lot more dedication than I’ll ever have.

#5093 2 years ago

I do totally get baseball and understand most everything about it, just too slow for me.

Confess that watching golf is worse. Announcers and the crowd whispering...like why?

#5094 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

My only disagreement with the above is the World Series Sunday was more exciting

Was there a world series recently?

#5095 2 years ago
    C365346A-1949-456D-A8A7-2CA0FFFBDBA5 (resized).jpegC365346A-1949-456D-A8A7-2CA0FFFBDBA5 (resized).jpeg
    #5096 2 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

Was there a world series recently?

Ended a few minutes ago

#5098 2 years ago

Olympic swimming is worse than golf. So is tennis.

#5099 2 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

Confess that watching golf is worse. Announcers and the crowd whispering...like why?

Half the announcers need to buy a hair trimmer for their nose just sayin

#5100 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

World Series ended a few minutes ago

Was it like the 49ers vs the Celtics or something? I confess I don't know and don't care.

There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/102 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.