Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,500 posts
  • 720 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 48 minutes ago by pinzrfun
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    corvair27 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    istockphoto-1179823122-612x612 (resized).jpg
    beijing-lamb-chuan-13 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240104_184633712[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240104_184617341[1] (resized).jpg
    0A18CD89-6539-4786-AA30-EAEBB03F87E5 (resized).jpeg
    R0010223 (resized).jpg
    upPL5r70b2agIXq8PVOUcC8sZxFswrJqNjYB2jYzALE (resized).jpg
    Pulp_Fiction_hype_thread._Chicago_Gaming_Pinside.com_-_2023-12-30_04.58.05 (resized).jpg

There are 12,500 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 250.
    #4951 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Bucket of vegie oil, yes.
    Buckets are handier than you think, besides carrying all sorts of things, you can turn them upside down and use them for a seat, to capture wildlife, distill water with a solar still, and even make a helmet out of them.
    Best helmet is if you make one with a kid and then as soon as he puts it on, test it to make sure it's working. A sound, repeated thumping with a stick or wooden spoon usually gets a response.
    Don'tKnockTheBucketPunkin

You will enjoy the ribs they are pretty good you should do the wings as well. At one of our pool halls they used to serve them in little buckets!

#4952 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

You will enjoy the ribs they are pretty good you should do the wings as well. At one of our pool halls they used to serve them in little buckets!

Link to wings? I am pretty adept at wings, but love to learn new skills.

#4953 2 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

I am contemplating getting a virtual pinball
    Reason being is that pinball is no longer viable as rich ( or stupid ) people have taken over.

The trick is to be stupid 10 years ago. I wish I’d been more stupid then.

#4954 2 years ago

Middle class white guy who's doing fairly fine.

Where's my stinkin' support group?
    Why am i not being enabled?

#4955 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

The trick is to be stupid 10 years ago. I wish I’d been more stupid then.

I was newbie then, was a fantastic hobby. Now I have been spending way too much and will probably thin out the collection. Apart from Haggis pins as no one will probably replicate these.

#4956 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Hmm. So you're a hoarder and a mushroom grower? Got it! I don't eat mushrooms very often. Those look like oyster mushrooms. I'm sure I'm wrong though. With all due respect, I don't see any cool buckets among that assortment. Where are the vintage buckets from England? My history isn't great. I guess there is no such thing as a Medieval Australian bucket as at that time your continent was home to Aboriginal peoples. No iron then, but perhaps wood - or gourds!

Australian history-Ned Kelly wore a nice metal one.

#4957 2 years ago

On his head while shooting cops

#4958 2 years ago

People still wear buckets on their heads in Australia but now they are KFC buckets at the cricket

#4959 2 years ago

Confess I shouldn’t have watched Dune with my wife. After 2-1/2 hours of Jason Momoa and Timothée Chalamet, I’m gonna be chopped liver for a while.

#4960 2 years ago

Confess half the time I have no clue what anyone is talking about anymore, but I upvote anyway, I give a E for Effort.

And I confess I miss the 80's!

MTV actually played music videos, I was finally legal to buy booze, and the whole world was there that I could do anything that I wanted to.

Confess that since then, I wish I had of worked a tad more, and took a few less trips to the beach, but not really.

I am all good!

I hope all of you are also doing AWESOME!

#4961 2 years ago

Here is the old metal bucket that you wanted to see and some you probably don't want to see

20211024_142412 (resized).jpg20211024_142412 (resized).jpg20211024_142451 (resized).jpg20211024_142451 (resized).jpg20211024_142509 (resized).jpg20211024_142509 (resized).jpg20211024_142518 (resized).jpg20211024_142518 (resized).jpg20211024_142532 (resized).jpg20211024_142532 (resized).jpg20211024_142549 (resized).jpg20211024_142549 (resized).jpg20211024_142648 (resized).jpg20211024_142648 (resized).jpg20211024_142732 (resized).jpg20211024_142732 (resized).jpg
    #4962 2 years ago

But wait there's more!

20211024_142739 (resized).jpg20211024_142739 (resized).jpg20211024_142923 (resized).jpg20211024_142923 (resized).jpg20211024_143007 (resized).jpg20211024_143007 (resized).jpg20211024_143127 (resized).jpg20211024_143127 (resized).jpg20211024_143349 (resized).jpg20211024_143349 (resized).jpg20211024_200345 (resized).jpg20211024_200345 (resized).jpg20211024_200418 (resized).jpg20211024_200418 (resized).jpg20211024_200512 (resized).jpg20211024_200512 (resized).jpg
    #4963 2 years ago
    Quoted from king-pin:

Here is the old metal bucket that you wanted to see and some you probably don't want to see
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your grill looks like it’s smiling

#4964 2 years ago

I confess that the art on nearly all of the new machines released in the past year/being released hold no appeal to me. I like to think I'd enjoy a game just for the play when considering a purchase, but apparently art and theme matter more to me as prices climb. Am I a snob?!

#4965 2 years ago

Confession: I didn't know much about pinball when I bought my first game nearly 20 years ago. When the knocker went off for the first time, I had to Google what that noise was.

#4966 2 years ago
    Quoted from horseflesh:

When the knocker went off for the first time, I had to Google what that noise was.

Confess Google was not invented yet when I bought my first pinball machine.

#4967 2 years ago
    Quoted from horseflesh:

Confession: I didn't know much about pinball when I bought my first game nearly 20 years ago. When the knocker went off for the first time, I had to Google what that noise was.

I read someone on here new to pinball complaining about the loud banging sound during or after a game probably once a month.

Confess i shake my head about how little most people think.
    In my new small town (5 years) of 3000 people there are so many basic people and the pub society here is when they don't like a newcomer or someone upsets them they practice a shun.
    Ignoring people and boasting about blocking them on FB or their phone etc.

It's preschool level of childishness, childlike and clumsy.

i make sure to always say hello or nod to these people, eventually it breaks through and their ingrained manners get them to respond, or they see that i'm not going to stop saying hello and are resigned.

The bit i do like is that it's statring to make some positive change to the social behavior and i have people echoing back to me rule 'Say hello, that's all you have to do. You don't have to be their best mate, but you haven't run over their dog either'.

#4968 2 years ago
    Quoted from horseflesh:

On my second machine I paid someone $40 to change out the AA batteries. We’ve all been there.

#4969 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

On my second machine I paid someone $40 to change out the AA batteries. We’ve all been there.

I'm still there. I have other plans for my remaining brain cells than learning a dozen operating systems.

#4970 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

We’ve all been there.

We didn't have batteries in my day.

LTG : )

#4971 2 years ago
    Quoted from horseflesh:

Unlike many. You searched for an answer.

Well done !

#4972 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I read someone on here new to pinball complaining about the loud banging sound during or after a game probably once a month.
    Confess i shake my head about how little most people think.
    In my new small town (5 years) of 3000 people there are so many basic people and the pub society here is when they don't like a newcomer or someone upsets them they practice a shun.
    Ignoring people and boasting about blocking them on FB or their phone etc.
    It's preschool level of childishness, childlike and clumsy.
    i make sure to always say hello or nod to these people, eventually it breaks through and their ingrained manners get them to respond, or they see that i'm not going to stop saying hello and are resigned.
    The bit i do like is that it's statring to make some positive change to the social behavior and i have people echoing back to me rule 'Say hello, that's all you have to do. You don't have to be their best mate, but you haven't run over their dog either'.

I once went to purchase property on Wanchese, which is the South end of Roanoke Island.
    The Guy selling it warned me I would NEVER be accepted.
    He ran a successful Auto Parts Store and his wife taught School at the local Elementary for 18 years.
    Yet when they were in the Grocery store or on the street the people shunned them like they didn't exist. He or her didn't have a single friend. Forget where they came from.
    He had grown sick of it and had fire sale prices on his properties.
    I backed out.
    The Legend says there were two Indian Brothers who run the Island (Manteo and Wanchese).
    Wanchese for some reason cursed the Village (or was cursed by the People of the Village).
    Manteo on the North end became a cool Town and thrived(Andy Griffith called it home)
    Wanchese is a hard fishing village where you might see a brick Mansion with a hog pen beside it.

#4973 2 years ago

Last 3000 person town i lived in had a saying. you weren't a local till you had three in the graveyard and two in the school.

They were talking about generations.

#4974 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

The Guy selling it warned me I would NEVER be accepted.

When I was thinking of buying land up north where I like to vacation at, and later build a retirement house on it. A friend that lived there warned me that you have to bury three generations before the locals will talk to you.

#4975 2 years ago

Confess i should lay off the brownies.

DSCF9907[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9907[1] (resized).jpg

FuckingTurkishRockPunkin?

#4976 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

We didn't have batteries in my day.

What did people do for high scores?

#4977 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Scratched it into the cabinet.

#4978 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I’ve never seen a high score scratched into a pre war game before.

#4979 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

This :

Quoted from ForceFlow:

#4980 2 years ago

Okay all jokes aside I’ve never seen a score written on those white spaces on wedgehead glasses for high scores. Did people not care or did everyone steal the wax crayon or something?

#4981 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Did people not care

There are locations like that.

Coin doors bent from kicking. Legs bent to crap from kicking. Bottom fronts kicked in. Initials or scores dug into the sides of the cabinet or head.

Some days it's hell being an op.

#4982 2 years ago

My op mate still has his Hurricane (restored now) that had a pickaxe put through the glass and the playfield. He's got one of the pinball collector cards with a pic of the machine and the story on it, but i can't find a link.

He also had one machine that had had a fire lit on it in the center of the playfield. He did have a Fire! at the time, but it wasn't that one.

#4983 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Did people not care

Quoted from LTG:

I remember a few years ago, someone shared some photos of a Stern POTC in a bar that was completely covered in all sorts of graffiti.

[edit]: found it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-does-the-hobbyist-not-want-to-put-a-game-on-routelocation#post-1883630

wow...7 years ago.

#4984 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Well done !

Your posts on rec.games.pinball were incredibly helpful back then, so thanks are overdue if I didn't say it before!

#4985 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Back in the 80's, no Google, no Pinside, BUT! Greater Southern was a 10 mile drive for me.

I would load a machine or 2 on my trailer and take them in for repair. They were very reasonable.

The biggest problem was the scoring digital stuff, and I had extra of them, and would just swap them and take those to get repaired.

These days no place like that around here, that I can make a short drive to get a pin repaired. BUT! Luckily so far I have not needed any place like that.

Confess these days I am guilty of not searching, I am lazy and just ask a question on here.

Confess back in the 80's I sucked at soldering, and when I needed to solder something a few years ago, I asked a friend to help me out.

Confess after being away from pinball for a few decades, when I first started picking up NIB Sterns, it was hit or miss when I called them.

Some Stern techs expected me to be some expert and just know what they were talking about, while other techs were a lot more patient and understanding.

Confess what ticked me off was the game was under warranty, and while it was under warranty I thought it was bullcrap that I was the one having to do the repairs.

BUT! Then I found Stern is awesome for sending out parts for free, even after the warranty expired, so it evens out I guess.

Confess we suck at playing pinball, but we enjoy it, and we prefer to just keep batting the ball around and not try learning to cradle or to pass to the other flipper.

BUT! the Big Buck Hunter arcade, you may beat us on that, but no way it will be by much, only a limited amount of animals to hit, and we get most of them.

Confess that is the exact reason pinball machines are better than arcade games anyway. Arcade games are limited, but as far as I know you could technically play a game of pinball forever if the balls never drained.

Confess a few years ago and I forgot what pinball machine it was, but I took the glass off and cheated because I wanted to see what the machine did if certain shots were made that I can never make, and holy SHIT!, a pinball machine is so loud and so mechanical sounding with the glass off I was really feeling like I was sinning.

Confess I did not play any games this weekend, BUT! I was still thinking about that last fishing trip, and those 3 stingrays I caught.

I Googled "can you eat a stingray?" and it came back they taste kind of like lobster.

HELL YEAH! I LOVE LOBSTER!

So I watched a video on how to clean a stingray, and I was surprised how much meat is there.

And part of me is like I really do not want to eat them, because I think they are kind of cool, but like I do not deer hunt because they are so pretty, I really do not want to limit myself anymore about what I will and will not clean and cook.

I love eating shrimp, and now that I have fished using live shrimp for bait, I would love to eat all of those pain in the ass things I can in my lifetime.

Confess life is pretty good, when pinball machines, lobster, and shrimp are all mentioned in the same post.

We are all different, and I am sure some of you would prefer a post with boobs, muscle cars, and motorcycles all in the same post.

Confess I like legs, care less about how cool a car is, and no way would I ride a motorcycle on the road around here the way people drive, but I do miss a dirt bike, I just no longer have any land to ride one on.

And sorry this was not funny, I was just relaxed and typed what I was thinking.

Confess whatever my next post is, I will try to be funny.

#4986 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Your grill looks like it’s smiling

Showing off it's grilles!

#4987 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Coin doors bent from kicking. Legs bent to crap from kicking. Bottom fronts kicked in. Initials or scores dug into the sides of the cabinet or head.
    Some days it's hell being an op.

You forgot about flipper buttons melted with cigarettes!

#4988 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

When I was thinking of buying land up north where I like to vacation at, and later build a retirement house on it. A friend that lived there warned me that you have to bury three generations before the locals will talk to you.

When we moved to Stroudsburg 32 years ago, we were frowned upon by the "locals" because we were from NY.. Now most of the locals are gone and all there are, are people from NY and NJ living here. Even though we will never be locals, we act like them now, all those damn New Yorkers are ruining the place

#4989 2 years ago

Confess that I had a really detailed dream about losing my iPhone and trying to find it. I briefly woke up, saw my phone on the nightstand, and reassured myself that it wasn’t lost. Then I went back to sleep and went right back to the dream where it was still lost.

#4990 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Confess that I had a really detailed dream about losing my iPhone and trying to find it. I briefly woke up, saw my phone on the nightstand, and reassured myself that it wasn’t lost. Then I went back to sleep and went right back to the dream where it was still lost.

My worst dreams are being in a motel with none of my shit packed and an hour away from the airport with 10 mins before my international flight leaves. True, and recurring.

#4991 2 years ago

I confess I really like this living room setup. Can you tell they aren’t married? JohnTTwo s son and his roomies.

7F347004-3CFB-4520-B703-A1C945C1F1EC (resized).jpeg7F347004-3CFB-4520-B703-A1C945C1F1EC (resized).jpeg
    #4992 2 years ago

Confess that after a couple days of shitty texts from Drama child upstairs this week the landlord showed me a big long text he got from her demanding why i was allowed to play up 'like a monkey in a zoo'.

I couldn't help myself and ordered clothes to fit, they'll be here in a few days, Redbubble is excellent. She'll get to wave to me in the driveway (assuming she doesn't get her dad to beat me up before then).

Screenshot 2021-10-26 115644 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2021-10-26 115644 (resized).jpg

#4993 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I really like this living room setup. Can you tell they aren’t married? JohnTTwo s son and his roomies.
    [quoted image]

Ha ha no kidding, maybe keep it that a way, hope you had some good words of wisdom on that topic for them!

Thanks for helping the mechanical engineer fix his game!! LOL

#4994 2 years ago

Forever in one corner of my basement there has been a odor.

Smelled a tad like natural gas, but at the same time with all the rain this year I kind of thought it was the septic system odor bleeding in a tad.

(and just a tiny area, like 3 feet by 8 feet is the only area the odor is noticed, and not very strong at all).

Anyway, just now I took my cigarette lighter, and checked the nearest gas connection, and sure enough it lit up a tiny blue flame, so it is the connection the plumber did to the gas stove almost a year ago.

Nice thing is there is a shut off valve right there, so super easy to stop that.

Confess I have always liked this plumber, he has done a lot of work on my rental houses through the years.

BUT! I confess if he tries to charge me for this, HELL NO!

Back when I did work similar to this I was responsible for it for a year, and he better honor the one year stuff with his work also.

It should be a 10 minute fix or less, and he better not start writing up a 80 dollar bill for something he installed less than a year ago.

Confess I am glad that the funny captions has been going strong, I am about out of anything for that topic at the moment, but I do have plenty of funny stuff for the basement, that should be ok and not get me in trouble.

Confess I know the rules, but some stuff is so funny, and the basement is a tad more easy going, and I just like to share funny stuff, about all I am good for, but I try to help when I can also.

I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEK!

#4995 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

hope you had some good words of wisdom on that topic for them!

I confess I have more than most people have in a lifetime. Or so I’m told. Some won’t hear it, some won’t listen but that’s alright. There’s different ways of getting through to people based on who they are and what they’ve been through. Basically my goal is to make sure nobody reaches a bad place in life. I think JohnnyPinball007 has it figured out too.

I also confess I just smelled apple pie right now.

#4996 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Forever in one corner of my basement there has been a odor.
    Smelled a tad like natural gas, but at the same time with all the rain this year I kind of thought it was the septic system odor bleeding in a tad.
    (and just a tiny area, like 3 feet by 8 feet is the only area the odor is noticed, and not very strong at all).
    Anyway, just now I took my cigarette lighter, and checked the nearest gas connection, and sure enough it lit up a tiny blue flame, so it is the connection the plumber did to the gas stove almost a year ago.
    Nice thing is there is a shut off valve right there, so super easy to stop that.
    Confess I have always liked this plumber, he has done a lot of work on my rental houses through the years.
    BUT! I confess if he tries to charge me for this, HELL NO!
    Back when I did work similar to this I was responsible for it for a year, and he better honor the one year stuff with his work also.
    It should be a 10 minute fix or less, and he better not start writing up a 80 dollar bill for something he installed less than a year ago.
    Confess I am glad that the funny captions has been going strong, I am about out of anything for that topic at the moment, but I do have plenty of funny stuff for the basement, that should be ok and not get me in trouble.
    Confess I know the rules, but some stuff is so funny, and the basement is a tad more easy going, and I just like to share funny stuff, about all I am good for, but I try to help when I can also.
    I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEK!

Using a lighter to check for gas leaks!!!WOW
    Cup of soapy water, pour a bit around the fitting or join and if there is a leak it will bubble.
    Much safer than a flame!

#4997 2 years ago
    Quoted from king-pin:

Cup of soapy water, pour a bit around the fitting or join and if there is a leak it will bubble.
    Much safer than a flame!

Where’s the fun in that?

#4998 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Anyway, just now I took my cigarette lighter, and checked the nearest gas connection, and sure enough it lit up a tiny blue flame,

Confess I first pictured this when I read this

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg
    #4999 2 years ago
    Quoted from king-pin:

Much safer than a flame!

Very common way, no oxygen in the pipe to worry about a bang. Quick and easy way the pros do it. Johnny is a PRO!

#5000 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

I pull over when I see a turtle in the middle of the road trying to cross, and I rescue it.

Did that once. Turtle pissed all over my shoes. I almost put it back on the double yellow line out of spite....

There are 12,500 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/100?hl=darthpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.