Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 222 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Jazman
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

slingshots tshirt (resized).png
    EP37 (resized).png
    IMG_0037 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1990 (resized).jpg
    EP34Cover (resized).jpg
    Episode33 (resized).jpg
    EP32Logo (resized).png
    download_20160611_030904_(resized).jpg
    IMG_2226_(resized).JPG
    CoinBox_(resized).jpg
    CoinBox_(resized).png
    CoinBoxNEW_(resized).jpg
    Episode-21_(resized).jpg
    IMG_0949_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0947-1_(resized).JPG
    ladiesman_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 9 years ago

I enjoyed the show and thanks for doing it!

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from policano:

Hey Oinside, we are recording our second show Friday evening. We have gotten some great feedback and some good topics we will touch on the show and future shows. If you have any questions or topics you'd like to hear, let us know.
    Have a great day!

Most common issues, tips from your year of parts to always have on hand, fun stories of games that piss you off with stuck balls, etc... we can compare notes

I will say, if you do share some hard numbers, please also share all the costs and an accurate account of the time you put in. Some people seem to think the hobby operator is getting rich and it is only natural for people to be curious of what games bring in, but they all tend to gloss over when I try to explain at half goes to the bar, after sales tax comes off the top, minus the 1k insurance, minus the broken parts, minus the city license fees, etc... I have tried to make it clear that this is about the fun of pinball and enjoyment of helping expose pinball in a good light while building the local community. I get paid in smiles, high fives, and the enjoyment of seeing the light click on for a new pinhead. Like you, any 'profits' go right back into the location and maintenance along with loans to buy new games. I tracked my time for the first 6 months and then realized it was not fun to do the math on a per hour wage and had to remind myself that while it was fun to track numbers for the nerd in me curious how the business was doing, when the numbers are negative often I am better off not tracking that. Operating really is just a hobby or another extension of the hobby.

#23 9 years ago

listening now. looking forward to it!

#24 9 years ago

fun episode. I like the dual commentating back and forth with you both.

I would like to hear about your video system at the location. specs, tech, pros, cons, etc.
    I would like to hear about what things you have done to increase play > successes and failures. Always fun to hear these sort of stories from others.

If you want another beta tester for pinportal, I am happy to help and look forward to checking it out.

Totally agree on "ginds my gears". Nothing worse than coming in to the location and seeing a game turned off but not getting an error report/ text/ call to let you know and then trying to figure out what the issue may have or not been.

1 week later
    #36 9 years ago
    Quoted from policano:

Thanks for the shoutout! and thank you all for emailing us and providing us feedback. We are looking forward to Episode 5 this weekend!

Did I miss Episode 4?

3 was great! Loving this podcast. If you ever want a caller, maybe I can get my buddies that are all part of Madison Pinball to organize an on air t-con? just a thought

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-coinbox-pinball-podcast?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.