3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 222 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Jazman
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 32 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

slingshots tshirt (resized).png
    EP37 (resized).png
    IMG_0037 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1990 (resized).jpg
    EP34Cover (resized).jpg
    Episode33 (resized).jpg
    EP32Logo (resized).png
    download_20160611_030904_(resized).jpg
    IMG_2226_(resized).JPG
    CoinBox_(resized).jpg
    CoinBox_(resized).png
    CoinBoxNEW_(resized).jpg
    Episode-21_(resized).jpg
    IMG_0949_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0947-1_(resized).JPG
    ladiesman_(resized).jpg

There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 3 years ago

Hey Pinsiders,

Hope you all are enjoying the weekend! Chris and I sat down and recorded our fist episode of the CoinBox Pinball Podcast. We promise to have more structure as we get the show off the ground.

We are hobby operators and wanted a place to share our feedback and learnings of our experiences. Have a listen and let us know what you think! You can also send feedback to podcast@eastsidepinball.com

Show Feed:
    http://coinbox.libsyn.com

RSS Feed:
    http://coinbox.libsyn.com/rss

iTunes Feed:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-coinbox-pinball-podcast/id980818336

Sticher Radio:
    http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=63660&refid=stpr

Thanks,

Tony & Chris

CoinBoxP.jpg

#2 3 years ago

Looking forward to hearing this, never can get enough podcasts!
    I have a 3 hour commute each day to work, so
    I quickly run out of podcasts.

Keep us updated when the iTunes approval is done.

Axl

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from Axl:

Looking forward to hearing this, never can get enough podcasts!
    I have a 3 hour commute each day to work, so
    I quickly run out of podcasts.
    Keep us updated when the iTunes approval is done.
    Axl

Wow, 3 hours? I hope that's not one way. I'm about an hour and a half door to door.

Looking forward to hearing you guys out!

#4 3 years ago

Cool! we plan on one a week. The first one is hardest

#5 3 years ago

Awesome will listen on my way back from
    Texas.

#6 3 years ago

Awesome, as a new podcaster myself, congratulations!

I have added and will be listening tonight.

-Nick

#7 3 years ago

Gave you guys a plug on my blog, Facebook and Twitter page. Nice podcast. Looking forward to the upcoming episodes.

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2015/03/28/new-pinball-podcast-debuts-the-coinbox-pinball-podcast/

https://twitter.com/PinbalSupernova

https://www.facebook.com/pbsupernova?ref=hl

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog: http://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/

FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/pbsupernova?ref=hl

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PinbalSupernova

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYkP5URZoS8NApETWc7uBmA/feed?view_as=public

#8 3 years ago

I enjoyed your first show!
    Looking forward to the next one

#9 3 years ago

Thanks! Let me us know what you'd like to hear more about!

#10 3 years ago

I have decided to learn how to edit audio and clean up the podcast. Crash Course!

#11 3 years ago

Great podcast, thanks.

BTW, added you to my list of podcasts, let me know if you'd like to write a more lengthy description of your show for the thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/definitive-pinside-pinball-podcast-list#post-2344066

#12 3 years ago

Finally on Sticher Radio. iTunes has still waiting approval.

Sticher:
    http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=63660&refid=stpr

#13 3 years ago

Got to listen on my return trip from Texas. Loved it. Just got my first game on route and curious to hear continued input from you guys. I do think it would be good to share actual earnings on the games but also include what you spend in upkeep, maintenance, and repair so other hobbyist can make a more informed decision or not about if they should take a similar leap. Thanks for the show. -Tommy

#14 3 years ago

I enjoyed the show and thanks for doing it!

#15 3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. We will go into some more detailed information. Financial data is a tricky one for us but we will share some additional information for sure!

We also got approved on iTunes tonight! YAY!

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from policano:

Thanks for the feedback. We will go into some more detailed information. Financial data is a tricky one for us but we will share some additional information for sure!
    We also got approved on iTunes tonight! YAY!

cool, just downloading from itunes now, look forward to it....

#17 3 years ago

Hey Oinside, we are recording our second show Friday evening. We have gotten some great feedback and some good topics we will touch on the show and future shows. If you have any questions or topics you'd like to hear, let us know.

Have a great day!

#18 3 years ago

I'm downloading it now too. Another one to listen too while working sounds great to me.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from policano:

Hey Oinside, we are recording our second show Friday evening. We have gotten some great feedback and some good topics we will touch on the show and future shows. If you have any questions or topics you'd like to hear, let us know.
    Have a great day!

Most common issues, tips from your year of parts to always have on hand, fun stories of games that piss you off with stuck balls, etc... we can compare notes

I will say, if you do share some hard numbers, please also share all the costs and an accurate account of the time you put in. Some people seem to think the hobby operator is getting rich and it is only natural for people to be curious of what games bring in, but they all tend to gloss over when I try to explain at half goes to the bar, after sales tax comes off the top, minus the 1k insurance, minus the broken parts, minus the city license fees, etc... I have tried to make it clear that this is about the fun of pinball and enjoyment of helping expose pinball in a good light while building the local community. I get paid in smiles, high fives, and the enjoyment of seeing the light click on for a new pinhead. Like you, any 'profits' go right back into the location and maintenance along with loans to buy new games. I tracked my time for the first 6 months and then realized it was not fun to do the math on a per hour wage and had to remind myself that while it was fun to track numbers for the nerd in me curious how the business was doing, when the numbers are negative often I am better off not tracking that. Operating really is just a hobby or another extension of the hobby.

#20 3 years ago

What's better than a new pinball podcast? A new pinball podcast that's made in Minnesota. I gave it a heads-up in the infamous "2 worthy video game podcasts" thread on atariage. Wow, good week for pinball podcast debuts(this and the EM one).

#21 3 years ago

excited to hear it! Love you guys

#22 3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback guys. Episode 2 is now available.

Let us know what you think!

Have a great weekend,

Tony & Chris

#23 3 years ago

listening now. looking forward to it!

#24 3 years ago

fun episode. I like the dual commentating back and forth with you both.

I would like to hear about your video system at the location. specs, tech, pros, cons, etc.
    I would like to hear about what things you have done to increase play > successes and failures. Always fun to hear these sort of stories from others.

If you want another beta tester for pinportal, I am happy to help and look forward to checking it out.

Totally agree on "ginds my gears". Nothing worse than coming in to the location and seeing a game turned off but not getting an error report/ text/ call to let you know and then trying to figure out what the issue may have or not been.

#25 3 years ago

Great second show! Keep up the good work

#26 3 years ago

Hey Guys, hope your week is going well! We are recording Episode 3 Friday evening. We have a great show in store!

Game Nightmares
    MGC This weekend!
    Stocker Cam Setup
    Counting Quarters/Bills
    How to Track Sales/Audits worth it?
    How we setup out games for public play
    Some listener feedback
    Our Cue Ball Wizard LED overhaul

Cant wait to share it with you! Look for it Friday night/Early Saturday Morning!

Tony & Chris

#27 3 years ago

Sounds great policano. Looking forward to it.

#29 3 years ago

Sweet, lovin this podcast, hopefully it will survive for a long time to come, would be awesome for you lot to talk about when a new machine comes out and from theme and layout of the machine, what you think it would do on route

#30 3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback! We hope to be here for awhile!

#31 3 years ago

We gave this a shout out on the Pinball Podcast last show. If you haven't checked it out yet, go for it. It's good stuff, guys.

#32 3 years ago

Thanks for the shoutout! and thank you all for emailing us and providing us feedback. We are looking forward to Episode 4 this weekend!

#33 3 years ago

Also gave this a shout on For Amusement Only episode 34. Thanks for doing this, good stuff!
    -Nick

#34 3 years ago

Thanks Nick! I literally just stared your podcast today on the way home from work! Love it!

#35 3 years ago

Great podcast guys. Thanks for answering my questions on episode 3. Where are you publishing the show notes at?

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from policano:

Thanks for the shoutout! and thank you all for emailing us and providing us feedback. We are looking forward to Episode 5 this weekend!

Did I miss Episode 4?

3 was great! Loving this podcast. If you ever want a caller, maybe I can get my buddies that are all part of Madison Pinball to organize an on air t-con? just a thought

#37 3 years ago

I missed Episode 4 as well lol.. Corrected. Yeah, if you would like, lets chat and see when youd be available to do that.

#38 3 years ago

Heres a video we did yesterday for Cue Ball Wizard LED conversion.

Episode 4 recording tonight! What do you want to hear about?

#39 3 years ago

Episode 4 of the show now available! Thanks for listening!

1 week later
    #40 3 years ago

Episode 5 Now available! Thanks again for listening!

THE COINBOX PINBALL PODCAST EPISODE 5
    Welcome back! EPISODE 5 is FINALLY here!

Game Performances
    The Walking Dead-27%
    Star Trek 22%
    South Park 18%
    Que Ball Wizard 13%
    Fish Tales- 9%
    Mustang- 6%
    Demolition Man 3%
    Johnny Mnemonic 2%

Cue Ball Wizard up but overall sales are down 53% as bowling leagues have ended and spring leagues have yet to start. this is common in our location as they shift into summer leagues.

Pinball Leagues
    Format
    currently registered: 17
    How we gather new players
    PinPortal Software Demo
    How leagues help the location and operator
    Food/Drink sales increase coin drop increases because league members play 5 games a week minimum x 17 = average of $70-$80 per week increased coin drop.

Upgrades:
    LEDs a MUST
    LED strips are amazing
    Spotlights are nice but annoying if you don't glue them in place as the bulbs will fall out.
    Upgraded Speakers a waste
    Bill acceptors are SUPER nice but wont really increase your sales at least are our location. Chang Machine trumps bill acceptor by far!
    Change Machine VERY effective
    Toppers seem to help!
    Shaker Motors are excellent add

Show Feedback
    Mark and Rick from Lock is Lit podcast mentioned us on Episode 111! thank you so much for the plug! We laughed and enjoy the podcast!
    Greg asking about Pinportal for home.
    Joe pinball master website and playfield parts
    You can send your own stories/feedback to the show by emailing podcast@eastsidepinball.com

THANK YOU all for listening
    Website

1 week later
    #41 3 years ago

Episode 6 now available.

WELCOME BACK! A little late but better than nothing. THANK YOU FOR TUNING IN!
    Happy Birthday to Tony

Game Performances
    • The Walking Dead-28%
    Star Trek 17%
    Cue Ball Wizard 14% 
    Fish Tales- 13%
    • Mustang- 10%
    South Park 9%
    Demolition Man 5%
    Johnny Mnemonic 4%

Repairs-
    Broken Rubber on Demolition Man
    Shaker Motor came loose on the Dead
    VUX on Fish Tales died. Broken coil wire
    South Park switch had to be replaced under the toilet
    Made a purchase titanpinball.com new translucent rubber rings! Going to do Star Trek and Walking Dead!

Leagues
    19 people joined our league for the spring. Several new players to East Side Pinball. So fun seeing new players join the community!

Last week we played: Walking Dead, Star Trek, Cue Ball Wizard, Demolition Man, and Johnny Mnemonic.
    BREAK
    Feature Segment
    pinportal.org
    What is it
    League Season Manager- add games, assign players to league
    Setup Rules
    Add Players
    Payments
    Player Statistics
    what it does
    how it works
    feedback about it

Feedback
    Feedback emails

Don - more on tools and he doesn't mean Tony......
    Nut drivers and Allen wrenches - BONDHUS
    www.bondhus.com
    These fantastic, made in America, tools and awesome. I love the Allen wrenches as well as hollow shaft nut drivers. I also love Wihi screwdrivers 
    www.wihitools.com
    German made tools that last forever and never strip. Both products can be ordered from MSC Industrial Supply Company
    www.mscdirect.com
    Vice grips don't belong in a pinball machine so I refuse to provide where you can find these wonderfully terrible products HOMEDEPOT.COM

pinballsupernova.com- News, tips, guides, and more!

Episode 7 back on schedule if we don't go to the cabin!

#42 3 years ago

Heard about you all on Pinball Podcast and again last night on C2C so started listening. Love the OP perspective. Meeting with an OP today actually about a new location.

I like hearing about what machines do best and why, and ideas for making location play grow.

Also do one of you operate the machines at Mortimers in MPLS? Played there a bunch last year when I was out there for a shoot.

#43 3 years ago

Been listening since episode 1. I like your perspective a lot, keep it up!

#44 3 years ago

More questions (listened to first four eps so far this morning and listening to Ep 5 now)

- how important is people telling the location that they came for the pinball? (like does that make the venue appreciate the pins more?)

- agree, support your locations!!! buy beer, wine, pretzel, soda

- how much impact does a league have on earnings? does the location appreciate it?
    - vs tournaments

- do you survey 'casual' players to see what they like or just base things on audits etc

- what % is made from casual vs 'players'

- 80/20 rule - how does this break down for location pins?

- how do you promote location pinball to get new players hooked?

#45 3 years ago

Hi guys, love the show. Just wanted to let you know that the audio level seemed a little low on the last episode (compared to the other podcasts I listen to).

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Heard about you all on Pinball Podcast and again last night on C2C so started listening. Love the OP perspective. Meeting with an OP today actually about a new location.
    I like hearing about what machines do best and why, and ideas for making location play grow.
    Also do one of you operate the machines at Mortimers in MPLS? Played there a bunch last year when I was out there for a shoot.

Thanks for the feedback and listening!

That is not owned by Chris or I. Its owned by D&G Ammusment, A good friend of mine and awesome asset to our community!

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Hi guys, love the show. Just wanted to let you know that the audio level seemed a little low on the last episode (compared to the other podcasts I listen to).

We tried something new and completely failed! We will readjust for this weeks show on Friday!

3 weeks later
    #48 3 years ago

Episode 7 now available! Thanks for the listen!

#49 3 years ago

Awesome!!

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from policano:

Episode 7 now available! Thanks for the listen!

downloading now. Really like the Op perspective!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 7.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Latenight Weeknight Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 29.95
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Displays
    PinballSolutions.eu
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 25.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Electronics
    nvram.weebly.com
    There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside