IMG_9257 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9258 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9256 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9233 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9242 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9218 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9211 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#758 2 years ago

Working on a Take Five/Roy Clark.... a bunch of lights aren't working. Anyone have some quick tips on what to check to narrow down the issue, before I spend an afternoon digging into the thing with a logic probe?

1 week later
#763 2 years ago

I've got a partial playfield and a bunch of spare parts, so if someone needs a part and can send me a pic of what is needed, I might be able to dig one out

Quoted from Habermania:

Can I swap in Bally flipper/mechs into this machine? I am struggle to find the required replacement pieces so I figured I would find more readily available parts.

Bally runs on 43v, Allied Leisure/Fascination pins run on 24v, so a bally mech isn't going to work unless you find a compatible coil. Using some williams mechs from pinball life with the older 25V coils they have would probably be your best bet if you want to swap your mechs for better ones

6 months later
#895 2 years ago

Picked this up today! Boots but occasionally resets during attract mode, and three of the drop targets are broken

IMG_20220312_134904485_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220312_134904485_HDR (resized).jpg
#897 2 years ago
Quoted from Santis:

Hi. There is a guy who 3D printed them. Look in my old pots and you find him. Good luck.

Looks like it was @Stretch7? I'll send them a message...

I'm actually already working on modeling up my own model for 3d printing, but I can only print in PLA so not sure how they'll work

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 month later
#923 1 year ago

So my star shooter (allied leisure) worked when I got it, but would randomly reset. Reseting the cpus fixed it for a while. So I replaced the sockets, and the big cap while I was at it. Now the game boots fine, no resets, but most of the solenoids lock on instantly. Anyone seen something like that before?

2 weeks later
#928 1 year ago

Anyone know how to diagnose a display issue like this?

#930 1 year ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

What game is it? If a Gameplan have you reset all the values in the battery backed RAM?

Sorry, star shooter. allied leisure. It does this even in display test mode

1 week later
#940 1 year ago

Got my star shooter booted well for the first time after replacing the power connector, but a little while later one of the drop target pairs locked on and burned up the coil. The schematics say that the transistor is a TIP3055, however when I look up that part number, it's not the right thing, it's a much larger transistor with a different package that won't fit. Does anyone know where to source replacements? Will any standard stuff like a TIP102 work?

2 months later
#958 1 year ago

Anyone know if there's an easy hack to put an allied leisure table on free play? Like just wiring the credit switch in with the start button or something? Or do I have to resort to "set the replay to 10k"?

#963 1 year ago

I'm working on a 3d printed one right now. Still fine tuning a few things though, but I'd you've got access to a printer that can do something stronger than PLA I can send you the file

4 months later
#1029 1 year ago

PSA to anyone with Allied Leisure/Fascination games (at least the early ones): there's apparently a small rubber pad inside the pops the cushion the travel of the plunger, and it also acts as a spacer. Without it, the top of the plastic pop ring is striking the bottom rim of the body before the plunger reaches the bracket, which I'm sure is gonna crack one or the other eventually. One of mine fell out and another was loose, so I just took them all out and re-glued them

#1033 1 year ago

Picked up a Rotation VIII over the weekend! pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Boots but goes dark when I try to start a game. Thinking there's something wrong with the motor board or motor and it's not turning when it should...

Does anyone know if you can just hook the solenoid voltage up to the motor directly to make sure the motor+gearbox+etc actually work?

#1035 1 year ago
Quoted from semicolin:

Congratulations on your find. You should grab the schematics here: https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2019
Connecting the motor drive directly without proper control signals could be an expensive and unrepairable mistake.
I'd strongly suggest not approaching repair of a rare title with unobtainium parts in a haphazard fashion. If you don't have a high level of familiarity with troubleshooting and repair of pinball machines, the one you have is maybe not an ideal one to learn with. Study the schematics. Get to understand the theory of operation. Don't be afraid to ask questions if there's something you don't understand... but please please please don't just start poking around and doing shotgun repairs or you'll be in a worse place!

Step 1 of troubleshooting is ruling stuff out. I want to rule out the motor as the issue. So I've posted, trying to confirm if it's possible to test it directly, since I can't confirm it from the schematics. Nothing that I'm doing is "shotgun", I don't do anything if I don't know it's safe. I'd rather fry the board than the motor though, I can always just make a new board if it comes to that (and it could, someone cooked a ton of traces on this one and it's gonna be a pain cleaning it up)

#1039 1 year ago
Quoted from semicolin:

Please don't take this the wrong way but the schematics will confirm whether or not it's possible, if you take the time to work through and understand them.

Do you know the details of bidirectional motor driver circuit design? I don't. And I'm not gonna read up on them from zero, attempt to apply that knowledge to this specific schematic, and then take a half educated guess and risk the motor. Trust me dude, I've looked at the schematics. And when there are six transistors and four op amps all feeding into each other, I know that I'm in over my head "just taking my time" to work through them. So I go to the place most likely to have other owners, who might know from experience (good or bad), whether you can drive the motor manually to test it.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but, if you don't know the answer to the question, you can just not respond! It's fine! I never said anywhere that I was going to just hook stuff together thoughtlessly and blow rare stuff up, I specifically am avoiding exactly the situation you're worried about. I've repaired hundreds of machines, some even rarer than this one, and I've never damaged anything irreparably. I don't need condescending pinball repair 101 warnings from people when I ask specific technical questions. (and please don't say you're not being condescending, I gave you the benefit of the doubt the first time but you're just doubling down on it)

3 weeks later
#1048 1 year ago

All allied leisure games use the same board/rom code to my knowledge. I'd swear my star shooter does 3x correctly but I've never paid that much attention lol

2 months later
#1068 12 months ago

Drop target mechs are often broken. Pop bumper rods+rings too.

#1088 12 months ago

Check my post history, I think I linked the 3d printed versions I designed. Once I got the right material and print settings they've held up fine on location

6 months later
#1194 5 months ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

The Rottendog replacement MPU only supports Gottlieb System 80 and 80A games. No 80B games are supported. The Swemmer replacement MPU is a nice board but Fred Swemmer passed away and no one knows the state of those boards or if any more will be available in the future.

So for the 80B your best option is to have your original rebuilt or if it is too far gone find a rebuildable 80B MPU and get that rebuilt. I wouldn't worry about it until you open it up.

Backup option, use a LISY80

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-cocktail-club?tu=zacaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.