IMG_9257 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9258 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9256 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9233 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9242 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9218 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9211 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider topmoose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 6 years ago

Night Moves came home yesterday! I love this game.

P7100135 (resized).JPGP7100135 (resized).JPG

Question for the group: Who did the art on the International Concepts games? We know that they're Gottlieb productions designed by Trudeau, but I've never seen the artwork credited. I suspect it's the work of Larry Day - the figures and faces look similar in style to his work on Rock, the silhouetted palm trees remind me of Hollywood Heat and the tiger stripe texture is a lot like his work on Spring Break.

But Day quit Gottlieb/Premier in 1988, a year before Night Moves was produced. Is it more likely that Constantino Mitchell did the art or that Day was hired back as a freelancer for this little side project?

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

If you look closely at this picture of the Night Moves white wood, you can see that it says 'high cannon ballers' in the score display. To me, this indicates that the machine might have been rethemed relatively late in the process. Maybe due to feedback from International Concepts? Who knows...
It might be a long shot, but it wouldn't surprise me if time became a factor, so Premier used a theme and artwork that they had laying on a shelf somewhere. Which might just be Larry Day's work. Another theory is indeed that, when time became a factor, they hired Day as a freelancer on the project.

Excellent insight, Jappie, thanks! I've also noticed that the Night Moves promo flyer shows completely different, rather generic artwork - another indication that the final art was a last minute decision. I like the theory that it was adapted from Day's earlier, unused playfield artwork they had on hand.

If anyone knows Larry Day or anyone who was at Premier at the time, please ask - I'm genuinely curious about this!

1 week later
#22 6 years ago

I fitted my Night Moves with LED's and Titan silicone rings (mostly clear). It's looking like an 80's dream!

P7290166 (resized).JPGP7290166 (resized).JPG

1 year later
#237 5 years ago
Quoted from toibs:

Hi all,
Going to take a look at a semi-working Night Moves later - Just after some advice please on what to look for and what to make sure is working...
Cheers
Paul

Besides the usual (pops and switches working, plastics intact), make sure all the segments work on the display. A little wear around the display window is common.

3 months later
#257 4 years ago

Cold white. It may not be original, but it suits the game's 80's dance club theme a lot better.

2 years later
#743 2 years ago
Quoted from ezelljon:

Hi folks, just picked up a pretty nice Caribbean Cruise two weeks ago, and it is definitely a keeper. My first foray into the weird and underrated world of cocktail pins. Does anyone have a good source on the story behind International Concepts?

Todd Tuckey tells the story here (skip ahead to 1:00):

2 years later
#1210 22 days ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

Seems all chimes in one of my Foxy ladies have been replaced with pieces of wood.
The other machine is empty, no boards and no chimes.
Are there any chimes I can use instead - i.e. just the metal parts?
Or would someone be kind enough to measure the dimensions (width x length x depth) so I could make my own?[quoted image][quoted image]

Now I kinda want to convert all my chimes to marimbas.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Machine - For Sale
Oklahoma City, OK
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider topmoose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-cocktail-club?tu=topmoose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.