IMG_9257 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9258 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9256 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9233 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9242 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9218 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9211 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#806 2 years ago

I'm in the club....just picked up a nice Eros One. Needs some board work but looks real nice. I think the main cap on the mpu is bad.

I cant measure 5 volts at the Cap, looks like its bad. Im getting continuity at the cap. Help!

20211214_172516[1] (resized).jpg20211214_172516[1] (resized).jpg20211214_172538[1] (resized).jpg20211214_172538[1] (resized).jpg
#809 2 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:In that picture there isn't a cap to measure 5V from. You would measure 5V across the large cap on the MPU board when it is plugged in. There should be a small linear 5V power supply off to the left near the bottom if I remember correctly. You could measure 5V there.
If you are measuring the cap on the fuse board in the back of the cabinet that is not the place to check.
One word of caution if you try swapping power supplies. Do not just rely on the color codes to determine polarity. I bought one of these years ago as a non working project from someone. They had tried connecting a 5V switching supply but they went by the wire color and connected it backwards. That can cook the custom IC's on the MPU.

Sorry, should have specified. Ive measured a good 5 volts at the power supply, I was talking about the mpu and Capacitor C19 . It looks to be bad if Im getting continuity from positive to negitive Right?

20211214_185258[1] (resized).jpg20211214_185258[1] (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#827 2 years ago

Ok, so here we are...

Ive done some board work and replaced a bad -5v. pin in the edge connector that seemed to fix a bunch of start up problems.

Problems now:
-Still no #1Led but the game starts and plays fine for a while it seems, until I hit a certain switch and then nothing until I hit another switch and it plays fine again.

-In test mode three, player one display shows switch #60 is closed left pop bumper. Even with the switch wires disconnected

-Cant get the slings to fire. I changed the Transistors and caps for these (tip3055, mps6531)and they still wont fire even in test mode, so I thought it was a bad ic cause I got a bad reading on IC15 this was replaced before so I thought Id start there. A lot of old board work...I put in a socket and new 7404...nothing still.

Any help appreciated
Rob

20211231_104642[1] (resized).jpg20211231_104642[1] (resized).jpg
#833 2 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Have you checked the resistors and electrolytic cap for the problem solenoids too? Years ago I repaired a board that was supposedly repaired prior and I found a burned resistor and severely bulging electrolytic cap for one of the solenoid transistors that had been replaced.
If neither sling is firing can you measure the resistance of the coils. Can you check continuity from those coils to the connector and ultimately to the transistors that drive them?
If all that checks out and you have voltage at the coils then it would be time to break out the logic probe. In test when those should fire you should be able to follow on the logic side and see it toggle between high and low as it tries to fire. If you don’t get anything you may have an open on the board. Or you’ll find another IC with a stuck or dead output. Once you get used to working with a logic probe it is really useful to diagnose issues quickly. They are fairly cheap too.

Thanks Robot!

I did replace the caps and checked resistors. Coil resistance is good and I changed the diodes too. I also switched two 6820's to see if the problem followed, it didn't. Looks like the logic probe is the next step.

1 month later
#859 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRat:

Do you mean Take Five?
I got two allied leisure cocktails (Eros One and Star Shooter) late last year and both are already down with me unable to find components I need here in the states. I can only imagine it would be far more difficult for you. At this point I'm just hoping to eventually get them running 100% and sell them so they can be someone else's maintenance problem. Eros One is a pretty game though.
The MPU boards are hard to come by and the flippers have a plastic cam link in them that has broken in two of my flippers and I have no way to get more. The part is listed on flippers.com as out of stock and in an email exchange, they said they have no one who can injection mold more of them presently.
I traded for a Caribbean Cruise last weekend. I don't love the theme, but man this is a fun game to shoot, and being all Gottlieb hardware I don't have anywhere near the maintenance concerns that I do with the Allied Leisure stuff.

Hey @Lokust, any idea what a good shape working Eros one is worth? May be putting mine up soon.

4 weeks later
#889 2 years ago

Just put an Eros One up.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Eros One Archived
Used - shows wear, needs some work - “Nice Eros One in working condition. I put some led's in and cleaned and waxed playfield, replaced the rubbers. Would trade for a solid state project.”
2022-04-22
Folsom, PA
600 (OBO)
Archived after: 30 days
Viewed: 1054 times
Contributed to Pinside

1 month later
#918 1 year ago

Lets try this again.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Eros One Archived
Used - shows wear, needs some work - “Nice Eros One in working condition. I put some led's in and cleaned and waxed playfield, replaced the rubbers. Would trade for a solid state project.”
2022-04-22
Folsom, PA
600 (OBO)
Archived after: 30 days
Viewed: 1054 times
Contributed to Pinside

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
$ 129.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Tools
Pincoder Store

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-cocktail-club?tu=robw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.