IMG_9257 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9258 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9256 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9233 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9242 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9218 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9211 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider miracleman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#404 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackghost4:

Picked up a Fascination Circa 1933. Doesn't boot and not getting the 5 volts to the MPU. Gonna have to rebuild or change the power supply.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Very Nice!
Is there a cool story to go with the find, or just collector to collector?

3 weeks later
#408 3 years ago

That pretty cool!
If everything is there except the boards please keep it intact, obviously you never know when something will pop up!
If you ever need to make room sell it to someone else who can hold onto it.

1 week later
#421 3 years ago

The gentleman with the boardless Star Shooter has put it up for dale in the marketplace for $200

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/97685

3 months later
#466 3 years ago

JEEBUS that looks nice!
Well done, you've extended the life of that game a generation!

#469 3 years ago

I know people have been 3D printing pinball parts files from thingiverse, perhaps someone here on pinside could start printing/producing NLA cocktail parts.

1 month later
#492 3 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Picked up my wife's childhood pin this weekend after it sat in a trailer, in a field, for two decades.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that playfield cleaned up NICE!
(no idea on the board issues)

#496 3 years ago

I really hope I can get some help diagnosing or can send the board somewhere

Isn't John's Jukes in Canada still the only place that repairs cocktail boards?
20 years ago I sent my Eros One boards to him for repair, took a month or so.
https://www.flippers.com/

#501 3 years ago

Yeah, that's what I'm hearing. I've been talking to him in a FB group. I figure I'll eventually have to just send the board and that's fine..I just have no idea what kind of money I'd be looking at

Sadly I remember it being around $100-ish, plus shipping, 20 years ago. They worked when I got them back, but if I tightened down the mpu board all the way it'd get flakey, meaning there was a small cracked trace somewhere. I just loosened up the mounting screws and it worked fine while I had it, I stupidly sold the Eros with all my games in my first "purge".

Funny footnote- 9 years ago bought a Hercules with some friends for $300, worked all the way but had no shooter rod. Only one person in North America had one for sale, for $100, and he was in Canada

1 week later
#522 3 years ago

Going to look over the schematic and see if I can test components that maybe I can replace on the first two boards.

Did you explain to the kids who Roy Clark was yet?

#524 3 years ago

Hell, *I* barely know who Roy Clark was!

You gotta wonder just how that licensing even came about.
Here's a SMOOOOTH intro by Johnny Cash of Roy tearin' it up, and he's even wearing the same outfit from the pin!

1 month later
#565 3 years ago

I can't believe none of the parts suppliers have ever stepped up and made repro parts for cocktails.
It seems like the games have been falling out of trees the past year, and we're all addicted enough to replace working yellowed parts with new white ones.

#571 3 years ago

I also regret selling my Eros One I bought and sold in the early 2000's, and also sent all my boards to Johns Jukes.
Everything worked when I got them back, but one of the displays was flakey. I started to loosen the mounting screws to remove it and it started working fine. So the board likely had a cracked trace somewhere, and was flexing open when tightened down. It worked so I never tracked down the problem, but pushing on or loosening the mounting screws of circuit boards has been a troubleshooting technique ever since

#589 3 years ago

Wow! Good to see their are still some buried treasures out in the wild.

2 weeks later
#607 3 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

I have a dfoxy lady. Bought for $100. Took a lot of work to get it running and cleaned up, I want to re-theme it, but have never done a theme change so stuck right now on figuring out how to draw out an image for the playfield.

To get an accurate playfield image for a re-theme you'd have to take out the F.L. playfield and remove everything from the top, and anything sticking through from the bottom, then scanning the pf yourself or take it to a print shop to scan. Then in photoshop or illustrator draw your new theme. Then print out a decal and apply to plexi like the 'hard tops' people make now, lotsa work.
Sounds like you spent some time restoring it, and since all cocktails can be finicky and die without warning I'd prob'ly leave it as is

I re-themed a Rapid Fire into a 300 based on the movie and it was a b*tch. Even with the pf art being a translite between a plexi cover and wood 'light holes/playfield'. Finished it just in time for an arcade/pinball show in Miami, unexpectedly sold it there, and never saw it again

game with poster (resized).jpggame with poster (resized).jpg300 coin door front mockup 1 (resized).jpg300 coin door front mockup 1 (resized).jpg300 pf translite final lo (resized).jpg300 pf translite final lo (resized).jpg
#610 3 years ago
Quoted from Santis:

@ miracleman Hi. I have a hyperball. And I’m thinking in do some like 300. That looks really neat. Now I’m changing the playfield in Cirqus Voltaire. As soon I finish I’ll look forward to do something like your.

Someone that played mine had a great idea I should have done. Wire the coin door tilt switch as the start button so you have to yell "THIS...IS...SPARTA !!!" and kick the coin door to start a game.

#613 3 years ago
Quoted from Santis:

LMAO. that’s the way should be. Do you still have the pdf for the playfield? If so I want it if you can. Thank you

I'd happily send you any finished files I used for the game, but they'll only fit a Rapid Fire.
Some files might just be a flat image without layers.

I think I've heard Hyperball is a reliable game, Rapid Fire's launching gun overheating is a common problem.

3 weeks later
#651 3 years ago

Saw this on rec.games.pinball in case anyone needs parts.....

"Parting a Valley Spectra IV"

mikeincali
Mar 12, 2021, 10:12:49 PM

https://groups.google.com/u/1/g/rec.games.pinball/c/fYfMLtuwRu4

1 month later
#680 2 years ago
Quoted from Santis:

Hi. I just installed the new drop targets in my Roy Clarke. Stretch7 may have some for sale
[quoted image][quoted image]

NICE! Are they 3D printed transparent?

1 week later
#696 2 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

I’m in star trip is in the building any thoughts on unplugging the fan inside these things or a way to quiet it down is there oil points ect?

FYI This gentleman now has this listed for sale in it's own thread for $1400, looks nice!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-star-trip-2

3 weeks later
#715 2 years ago

Congrats!
Do it boot?

1 week later
#728 2 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:Score this last week.

IMHO when you went back in time you should have grabbed the Sports Almanac instead of that, but nice score nonetheless...

6 months later
#808 2 years ago
Quoted from RobW:

I'm in the club....just picked up a nice Eros One. Needs some board work but looks real nice. I think the main cap on the mpu is bad.
I cant measure 5 volts at the Cap, looks like its bad. Im getting continuity at the cap. Help!

Boy, cocktails have been MIA lately here, congrats on the EO, I miss mine
Good advice above, but if you can't get it running you might have to send the boards to John's Jukes in Canada.
That's what I did (20 years ago!), it took a month to get them back but they all worked.

1 week later
#819 2 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop: That would be me!

Good to know there's someone south of the CAN boarder who can fix these boards for people!
(if you DO fix other people's boards)

#821 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:You really think we only have one person in all of Canada?! Sheesh! Is it because we still live in igloos?

No, just less cost/forms/hassles.
20 years ago I was planning to move to Canada, but other things got in the way...

3 months later
#915 2 years ago
Quoted from Datsun_Z:Thanks for information everyone. That's what I was afraid of. I definitely don't have anyone who can make a day trip with me to pick one up.

BAH! Cincinnati's a big city, Brother!
There are likely dozens of pinball people there in town who are good peeps and would give you a hand.
(ONCE, at least, just buy them lunch/beer)

MM

8 months later
#1031 1 year ago
2aa (resized).jpg2aa (resized).jpg
8 months later
#1161 7 months ago
Quoted from natgreystar:

After a frustrating amount of work I have my Eros One working every time I turn it on.
---
It's a fun play for how simple it is.
[quoted image]

I still miss mine I sold 20 years ago. You did a nice job with the leds if that's what you used.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Oklahoma City, OK
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 179.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider miracleman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-cocktail-club?tu=miracleman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.