IMG_9257 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9258 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9256 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9233 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9242 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9218 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9211 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chippe01.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 6 years ago

I have 3 cocktails, Night Moves among them. I absolutely LOVE the game. Double Your Score is what I shoot for! I too have learned that trapping the ball in the left flipper will almost always make an easy left loop shot. I managed a high score of 43,752,620 thanks to several "Double Your Score" shots.

I also have a Roy Clark and a Vegas. All three fit nicely in my bedroom.

IMG_2089 (resized).JPGIMG_2089 (resized).JPG

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

That's a pretty cool cocktail collection, congratulations! I've been wondering: is the basic structure of all these cabinets the same? Did the manufacturers copy the design from each other? Or are there more differences than meets the eye?

Thanks, Jappie.

The cabinets are pretty much structured the same way, the International Concepts and Allied leisure machines have the coin mechs in the door, nice and compact, while the Game Plan pins have the coin mechs in the upper part of the cabinet with long chutes to drop the coins to the bottom. They all have the glass as part of the top panel that is easily removed by opening one or two locks in the front and / or back.

The allied leisure has two openings underneath in front and back where you can flip the brackets open to remove the glass. Intl Concepts/Gottlieb and Game Plan have a lock in the back that must be opened with a key, and the glass is lifted from the back and slid toward the back of the machine to unlatch the front. These are sometimes a little tricky to put back on as they have to be perfectly lined up.

I keep all the locks/brackets open.

All of the boards are arranged on the sides of the bottom part of the cabinet and the power supplies are generally on the bottom.

I like the Roy Clark machine because it has chimes. The Game Plans have annoying beeps, Of course, Night Moves has a killer sound system and music/sound effects. There is a bigger woofer and a smaller general speaker in Night Moves, bass is excellent.

Also, the Allied Leisure (At least the older ones) have a fan at the bottom front right of the cabinet. With age, the fan is very noisy.

The main difference is in the score displays. My allied leisure is an older one, 1976 I think, and has two score displays with RED LEDS lights to indicate number of players and ball in play, right in the top front or Apron Area, as well as a credits display and tilt and game over LEDs. Later Allied's have the 4 Player displays. Game Plan has the score displays in the same area, but there are 4 of them, and numeric displays for ball and number of players. The ball in play/number of players/match display is shared and there are lines and boxes to indicate what is in the display. This kind of detracts from the look. It's not very elegant. Lastly, the Night Moves / Caribbean Cruise machines have the display in the center of the playfield. This is a nice idea so you don't have to take your eyes off of the game to see the display information.

Allied Leisure Score.jpgAllied Leisure Score.jpg

Game Plan Score.jpgGame Plan Score.jpg

Night Moves Score.jpgNight Moves Score.jpg

1 year later
#124 5 years ago

Isn't this the battery? My NM still has this on, seems to be dated April 1989.
Capturedews (resized).JPGCapturedews (resized).JPG

#127 5 years ago

I really want to take that out as I know I'm tempting fate. It's still working and I don't have any issues, but that battery is almost 30 years old now. I'm just afraid I'm going to screw it up as I am not good with electronic matters.

CaptureMyNMBatt.JPGCaptureMyNMBatt.JPG
#130 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I just watched a YouTube video and it looks very easy to do.desolder the battery and resolder a remote battery holder to a positive and negative.

I suck at soldering and desoldering! Can you link the video here?

#132 5 years ago

Also, won't I lose all my settings and high scores?

#136 5 years ago

I purchased this one about a year ago, seems to have better reviews, but maybe not for pinball repairs. It's only 25 watts, and I thought someone recommended 25 watts to me some time ago.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B3SG6QA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

CaptureJWJJD (resized).JPGCaptureJWJJD (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#142 5 years ago

I would LOVE that Caribbean Cruise!

3 weeks later
#162 5 years ago

I just removed the door lock and clipped a pushbitton switch to the coin mech. The button fits nicely in the lock hole. The door is tight enough, no need for a lock, and it’s easily reversible.

1 month later
#192 5 years ago

If it’s on the bonus (red light is lit) you have to collect it before hitting 2 other switches. I’m not sure about the other values, but probably after hitting a certain number of switches it decreases. To get back to the bonus value you have to go through one of the lit R-O-C-K lanes when the value is at the lowest amount.

By the way, I find it much easier to go through the bonus loop from the left flipper. At least on my machine I cradle the ball in the left flipper and then shoot it. I get the loop every time.

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

And if you can hit the double your score near the end of a game it makes a big difference.

I got my high score of 43,752,620 by getting double your score three times in one game.

Here's a tip for you: When you launch the ball, you can hold in the right flipper button to pause the 2X lights at the top lanes.

Also, you can use the flipper buttons to cycle the R-O-C-K lights and the Extra Ball Light when it's lit.

2 months later
#218 5 years ago

I too am soooo jealous. I’ve wanted a CC for a long time. Congratulations on those wonderful NIB machines.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Oklahoma City, OK
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chippe01.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-cocktail-club?tu=chippe01 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.