IMG_9258 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9256 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9233 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9242 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9218 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9211 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9213 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VALIS666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#420 3 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

anyone need any parts off of a night moves?

Definitely. Nothing on mine is broken, but I sure wouldn't mind having extra plastics, switches, whatever. Let me know when you take it apart.

3 months later
#458 3 years ago

For my own reference I was researching cocktails that share the same playfield layout with others, so I thought I'd share my findings here as well. Let me know of any errors.

Roy Clark The Entertainer (Fascination, 9/77)
-- Take Five (Allied Leisure, 1/78)
-- Circa 1933 (Fascination, 2/79)

Lucky Draw (6/78, Mirco)
-- Joker's Wild (?/78, VentureLine [unreleased?])

Black Velvet (Game Plan, 5/78)
-- Camel Lights (Game Plan, 5/78)
-- Foxy Lady (Game Plan, 5/78)
-- Real (Game Plan, 5/78)
-- Chuck-A-Luck (Game Plan, 10/78)

Flame of Athens (Allied Leisure, 12/78)
-- Eros One (Allied Leisure, 3/79)

Hearts Spades (Allied Leisure, 12/78)
-- Disco '79 (Allied Leisure, 6/79)

Family Fun! (Game Plan, 4/79)
-- Star Trip (Game Plan, 4/79)

Two companies made the game Star Battle (Coffee-Mat and Century Consolidated) but it's not just a repeat layout, it's the same title and art as well. I think everything else not listed (Caribbean Cruise, Cosmic Wars, Joust, Lady Sharpshooter, Night Moves, Rotation VIII, Space Fantasy, Spectra IV, Star Shooter, Vegas, and War) is a layout unique to that pin. Any other cocktail not listed at all here was never released (including One on One Basketball which only saw a few prototypes). I think that's all of them.

1 week later
#468 3 years ago

Picked up a few new ones this weekend (Star Trip, Star Shooter, Disco '79), and these were broken off and in the bottom of the cabinet on arrival. Of course specific replacements are not findable and probably haven't been for a couple decades, so I assume I have no other option but gluing them back together and hoping that holds. Did any other company make drop targets that work like this? Or if anyone has an unfixable Star Shooter you want to sell as parts, get in touch!

IMG_20201012_195646.jpgIMG_20201012_195646.jpg

#471 3 years ago

Nice pick up. So it doesn't look like the legs detach in any quick/easy way? Had a chance at one myself but didn't think it would fit through the doorway of the room I want it in.

2 months later
#512 3 years ago
Quoted from stavio:

After lurking in this thread for a couple years, I finally found one
[quoted image]

Not even one, but the best one! Congrats.

1 month later
#595 3 years ago

Hit the cocktail double digits today after receiving this sweet Circa 1933. One of my favorite art designs of any pinball. Wish I could keep it where I set it down in the living room since it goes so well there, but that ain't gonna fly with the Mrs.

PXL_20210209_230023872 (resized).jpgPXL_20210209_230023872 (resized).jpg

I still don't have any from the Game Plan roulette wheel family (Black Velvet, Camel Lights, Foxy Lady, Real, Chuck-A-Luck), PM if you are looking to move a working/nice one.

#597 3 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Would love to have a cocktail machine sometime. I rarely see any come available in my neck of the woods.

Priced well they seem to come and go in the blink of an eye. It's a small but dedicated group of collectors, with a similarly small amount of cocktails to go around. Not sure what your area of the woods is. They almost never show up here in New England. All 10 of mine came from out of state. None from even neighboring states, come to think of it.

1 month later
#664 2 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

Always wondered why they made such strange cocktail titles even the 70's ones. Night Moves: more of a dance/disco title for the late 70's. Caribbean Cruise: was it to be placed on a cruise line ship to be played??? But both titles made in the late 80's.

Miami Vice was huge at the time. The pastel colors, linen suits, leisurewear clothing, having fun in the sun vibe. I assume that's what Gottlieb was going for on those two.

Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Any Game Plan Star Trip owners out there that can help me out? I have a question about the lamps on the top by the displays. The lamp for Ball in Play doesn't seem to light up on my game. The other 5 lamps work. Looking at the schematic it shows there are connections for 5 lamps (not 6).
Is the Ball in Play lamp ever supposed to light?? If it does then anyone know which SCR on the lamp board is supposed to control it? That is the last electronic repair I need to do (unless it isn't used)

Next time I'm around my Star Trip I'll try to remember and take a look. It's not hooked up at the moment.

1 month later
#708 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackghost4:

I have a friend that needs to transport a Night Moves in a Hatchback and was wondering if the cabinet separated in two or is it glued.
I would someone's help please.

Pretty sure it won't separate, but I can check later. It might fit in the hatchback on its side, though. Certainly not ideal, but if you're careful with it and the boards and power supply are secure, it should be okay? Really not sure though, so don't let your friend wreck his Night Moves on my suggestion without testing it out himself first.

4 weeks later
#736 2 years ago

Received a Coffee Mat Star Battle today, a really cool cocktail that looks even nicer in person than in photos. Great design with the side lights, fun "bad" sci-fi art, decent layout. But it has a few problems.

The inserts don't light and the two kickers (center hole and drain) don't function. Which also means it doesn't register a ball drain, so you're eternally on ball 1. Also, here's a weird one I've never seen before, if you strike any of the standup targets lightly they will score and make a noise, but if you strike them with any decent force they will just score but not make a noise. What the? Hard to understand how that's even a thing. The switch leafs touch and "tell" the MPU to score and play the sound for that switch. How can hitting them harder still register a score but not sound? Hard to figure, but I'm hardly a wizard at this stuff.

The machine scores fine, scoreboard works, all digits work. Flippers, pop, spinner, rollovers, and slings work fine as well. I assume I'm going to find one or more loose or poorly soldered connections underneath, but that leads to another problem -- the playfield doesn't raise up very far because there's a screwed in hinge (factory standard, not added on) between the playfield and cabinet that only rises up so far. Not far enough to get a real good look at the underside (especially the far end) and see what's loose. I assume I'll just have to take the hinge off completely.

Anyone own/work on one of these before and have some suggestions? Thanks.

PXL_20210615_225103380.jpgPXL_20210615_225103380.jpg

#739 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

What's the model number?

SB, I guess.

PXL_20210616_201823434.jpgPXL_20210616_201823434.jpg

1 month later
#755 2 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

I struggle to find the parts I need online even when they are purchasable. Would a get the system 80 flipper mech from pinball Resource?

I assume your broken part is that plastic pawl/actuator cam/whatever you want to call it? This one? https://flippers.com/catalog_oc/pinball-game-parts-c-5/allied-leisure-industries-ali-c-5_9/actuator-cam-p-4508.html

I don't think it's been in stock in a couple years. It's the the biggest issue with buying Allied Leisure/Fascination cocktails. Some kind gent on here had his friend 3D print me a knockoff, and with a little shaving down it fit and works well, but that was a one-off solution. It would be nice to have something more readily available.

#759 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Working on a Take Five/Roy Clark.... a bunch of lights aren't working. Anyone have some quick tips on what to check to narrow down the issue, before I spend an afternoon digging into the thing with a logic probe?

Look around for loose wires to solder back in place. When I got my Take Five only some lights/mechs were working. Found the loose wire, soldered it back on (think it was a lamp wire), everything has worked since.

1 year later
#980 1 year ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

OR... or you could somehow get that Circus Circus game over to Wisconsin for your boy Friengineer & he could add it right next to his project Star Battle which he has hopelessly wanted to create a repair guide for. I can then complete my dinning room table set!

One of these days I need to find out why my Star Battle isn't registering ball drains, don't suppose you've come across that issue on yours?

7 months later
#1107 10 months ago

Seems like I've been waiting for them to be back in stock for 2-3 years now, but maybe I missed an instance somewhere. Anyway, John's Jukes/Flippers.com has those pesky Allied Leisure flipper actuator cams back in stock that tend to break and are difficult to replace with anything else. Cheaper than they used to be too at $15/ea. Think they were in the $30s last time I saw them.

https://flippers.com/catalog_oc/Actuator-Cam---3D

Added 10 months ago:

Link seems to have changed: https://flippers.com/catalog_oc/actuator-cam-3d-264-5-25

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 129.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball
Various other swag
$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VALIS666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-cocktail-club?tu=VALIS666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.