IMG_9257 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9258 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9256 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9233 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9242 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9218 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9211 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinbub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#746 2 years ago

I didn't have any room either but I'm glad you didn't consider it! I drug it home the Sunday before the 4th. The video pretty much showed the overall condition of the game. All solenoids were working. GI was working. For scoring 1 rollover worked, the one to advance scoring, and a second rollover that canceled the advanced scoring also worked. After messing with it for a couple of days I got everything working.......So I took it apart.

I cleaned the playfield after pulling all the plastics and posts, straightened plastics,I'm cleaning posts and getting ready to drop on new rubbers. I cleaned up and rebuilt the plunger and I'm going to re sleeve the solenoids and deal with any linkage issues. The only thing I'm changing is I am adding pop bumper lighting because the playfield is kind of dark, even with the LED's.

Circus Circus is absolutely the bottom of the barrel as far as entry level cocktails go. I consider it a rarity because there are no others know according to pinside but I know that that doesn't make it valuable, just an oddity. It shares a playfield with Wicos Big Top,(the apron is different though), and I know how people feel about home pins. It's kind of laughable that someone thought anybody would spend a quarter playing it however I've seen a few EM's that look equally as boring! I'll add some pictures once I get some of the playfield repopulated.

#747 2 years ago

Those Star Battle playfields are almost identical to Circus Circus, with a few things flip flopped and a few other subtle differences. I read there was some relation between the two. Interesting.

3 weeks later
#748 2 years ago

Took another one for the team today.....
The serial number on this one is 019. Cabinet number says 03 and the machine is dated March 5 1979 which is three months before production started according to the IPBD
IMG_20210731_120817174 (resized).jpgIMG_20210731_120817174 (resized).jpgIMG_20210731_120828706 (resized).jpgIMG_20210731_120828706 (resized).jpg

#751 2 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Just joined the club! Grabbed a Circa 1933 locally. Looks like a I have a broken flipper mech. Going to have to figure out a solution for that.

If that's the one that was in the marketplace here I was wishing I was closer to that. I'm trying to limit myself to 2 cocktails but it's hard when they come up for a decent price. Congrats that looks nice. I was actually happy today coming home with mine with warped plastics. I LOVE straightening plastics!

#752 2 years ago
s-l400 (resized).jpgs-l400 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#764 2 years ago

It's interesting how cocktails like the one in post #722 and like the Circus Circus I have have a longer playfield but it has a lot less to shoot for than the "short playfield" machines like allied leisure etc. The longer playfield would be perfect for a home brew as it seems there's more room under the glass. It makes me wonder if cocktail machines would have been more successful if they were longer with a lot to shoot at. On the other hand I can see where they wanted to make them more compact to fit in a bar etc. The longer playfield machines have almost as big a footprint as a regular machine. I also know that it was pointed out in the past that people tended to sit and drink and not play.

#769 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Finally found one! Now to get it working again…
[quoted image]

That's awesome. I REALLY want a rotation viii

#770 2 years ago

Stretched my legs today. I was looking through my flyers and ALI advertises, "built in extender legs for optional stand up play". Sure enough, i extended them. Awesome that they built that in!

IMG_20210822_033944311 (resized).jpgIMG_20210822_033944311 (resized).jpg

I'm living in an 800 sf house. See the play field and backglass box sandwiched between the fridge and the wall?! Comet playfield and hard top. Whoa Nellie, Cyclone and BK2K back glass/translites.

#777 2 years ago
Quoted from Santis:

Kool kit. Is cat an optional mode or comes together? Lol

I'm not a cat guy but that cat is badass. He has one blue eye and one yellow and a nose like a bull. The vet that he goes too wants him! He's almost 20 pounds and kicks ass. Only other better cat we had was a Maine Coon

#779 2 years ago
Quoted from Santis:

I love animals. That cat looks so kool on the game !!! And is sitting there like “I own it”.

And he does. He'd be sitting on another machine if he thought I wanted to play it. Kids named him Moo and it stuck. I saw another tuxedo named Moo in the cat thread. His mom jumped in front of a car when he was 2 days old. Lots of nights feeding overnight but he was worth it. Couple more scratches on my motorcycle and not so much!

6 months later
#872 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

Sorry I meant to say the flipper rubbers are a different size than standard. I tried install some super bands on they were way too tight to go on.

I had a hard time getting even standard bands on my Disco 79.

#873 2 years ago

Does anyone know anybody with an ALI parts machine? I need some drop target parts. I need everything from the drop target to the coil plunger. I'm not concerned about what's on the face. I need one, I'd consider two. I'll post a classified as well.

IMG_20220210_173452515_BURST000_COVER (resized).jpgIMG_20220210_173452515_BURST000_COVER (resized).jpg
#875 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Wasn’t some 3D printing replacements? Start an Allied Leisure club and have everyone crowdfund a mold to make new drop targets!

I messaged a fellow pinsider last summer who is willing to 3D print me drop targets. Thanks @Mrtantrum.

The problem is someone removed all the parts I have shown from one drop target assembly so now I don't have the intermediate piece that connects the drop target to the plunger, or the plunger. When I was trying to get some printed last summer I had access to a machinist who could make me a plunger, now I don't.

Another pinsider was parting a machine but due to my crappy phone I couldn't see or send pictures. I never thought to post a pic here. I'm hoping he'll still help me out but due to my phone issues I think I'm testing his patience. I'm hoping he'll help me out but understand if he's over the hassle.

These are the last pieces I need to have my Disco 79 playing. Fingers crossed.

#877 2 years ago
Quoted from Santis:

Hi. I posted a bit ago who is doing a 3D printing of them. I got mines. The guy is in Canada Pretty good and pretty tough also.

I understand but I'm also missing the intermediate parts between the drop itself and the coil plunger. I can't find plungers anywhere and the previous owner removed everything from the drop to the plunger on one drop
I'd have the damn thing running with a drop AND the rest of the related parts. Everything else works. I sent Copper38 another message, we'll see.

#879 2 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

I may have a couple left …. Not sure if they are in blue or white. If I don’t I can get sone more made up.
I’ll check tomorrow and let you know.

Thank you! I appreciate it and would be very interested but do you have a source for the intermediate piece and plunger?

#887 2 years ago

The guys at Rocketland Coin-op had several Allied Leisure risers when I was there a few years ago. I can always check in

Are you sure they were Allied Leisure?

#888 2 years ago

The reason I asked if you're sure those risers are Allied Leisure is because the only Allied Leisure machine that would use that riser is "Take Five", or potentially "Flame of Athens".

7 months later
#977 1 year ago

I'm going to be posting my Circus Circus cocktail in the classifieds soon. It's the only one known to exist. Serial number is 007, so there are, (or were), presumably at least 6 others. While it isn't that exciting It is a quirky bit of pinball history. I got the machine non-working and got it working, cleaned it up, straightened plastics, new rubbers etc. It still needs some work. Lower cab is particle board and could use replacing. The top half is plywood and in good condition. Stay tuned....

#982 1 year ago

I remember that Circus Circus! I tried getting it but couldn’t make shipping work. The dude was practically giving it away!!
It’s a weird Big Top cocktail version.

That's the one. I got it playing and cleaned it up quite a bit. I LEDed it as well because the playfield was pretty dark
NO colors however. My dad wanted to make a new base out of marine grade plywood, which would be great but I don't want to drop anymore money into it.

It has a large footprint,having a full size playfield!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 129.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Oklahoma City, OK
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinbub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-cocktail-club?tu=Pinbub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.