IMG_9257 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9258 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9256 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9233 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9242 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9218 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9211 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ive.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#105 5 years ago

Did all Night Moves come with bumper cap decals ?

Only asking because most pictures/videos I see have just plain bumper caps. Have they just been lost/damaged/removed over the years ?

One of mine is lifting a bit and has some dirt under it. I would like to replace it but proving hard to find a cap with decal ....surprise..

Here are mine ...yellow cap but I have a red LEDs installed.

P1050874 (resized).JPGP1050874 (resized).JPGP1050875 (resized).JPGP1050875 (resized).JPGP1050876 (resized).JPGP1050876 (resized).JPG
#107 5 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I can't answer the question about whether or not that is stock, but they seem low quality. It's an incredibly simplistic black logo that would be easy to make with a home printer, printable mylar, and scissors.
If I were making that for my game, I'd cut the decal to be a full circle the size of the cap, or if had access to a CNC cutter (Silhouette Cameo for example), I'd cut it right along the black border.

I know the history of this machine .... from the early/mid 2000's - it was operated in a country pub in the UK. I played on it every year until about 2012 when the owner sold the pub, I bought it from him a few years later.

So if the decals were a DIY job they were done prior to that. They match the font exactly on the apron. I'm just not seeing someone bothering to do that 15+ years ago ... before the hobby exploded .... ???

#109 5 years ago

Well, at any rate, you're likely going to have to go with a DIY replacement. Scanning in a logo from something else, like the apron, and editing it to match might be a good start if you can't find a digital version of the black logo. Alternatively, you might get away with scanning one of the existing decals and cleaning it up for printing.

Just noticed it's in the manual also

P1050878 (resized).JPGP1050878 (resized).JPG
3 months later
#207 5 years ago

Hi cocktailers

I posted this in the Sys 80b forum but thought I'd post here also.

OK so I do have a head scratcher with my Night Moves.

The 5v coming off the A2 board was really low.Reading around 0.5v - 0.8v depending on the pot adjustment. Consequently game not booting.

With the 12v connector unplugged from the A2 power board I measure around 14V.

As soon as 12v connector is connected to the A2 board it drops to around 1.6v. This is with or without the 5v connector attached.

Now exactly the same happens when connecting a new replacement board.

Any ideas ? The ground is fine from power board all the way back to the transformer panel.

#208 5 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Hi cocktailers
I posted this in the Sys 80b forum but thought I'd post here also.
OK so I do have a head scratcher with my Night Moves.
The 5v coming off the A2 board was really low.Reading around 0.5v - 0.8v depending on the pot adjustment. Consequently game not booting.
With the 12v connector unplugged from the A2 power board I measure around 14V.
As soon as 12v connector is connected to the A2 board it drops to around 1.6v. This is with or without the 5v connector attached.
Now exactly the same happens when connecting a new replacement board.
Any ideas ? The ground is fine from power board all the way back to the transformer panel.

SOLVED

Bad ground connection at the 12v bridge.

2 months later
#233 5 years ago

You might be on your own with getting specs to a glass maker. Then you'd likely have to paint the black surround yourself. I've read where people have indicated custom tempered glass in general isn't too expensive, but I've never tried.
I repainted the black surround on my CC glass. The glass can be removed from the metal housing surrounding it.

Good to know it can be done. My Night Moves glass is heavily scratched and I have often wondered about replacing it.

Is the original black surround painted ? Or some sort of decal / masking ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Oklahoma City, OK
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 129.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ive.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-cocktail-club?tu=Ive and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.