IMG_9257 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9258 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9256 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9233 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9242 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9218 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9211 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,213 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 25.
#401 3 years ago

Veza War had:
Coffee Mat style sound circuitry.

#402 3 years ago

Picked up a Fascination Circa 1933. Doesn't boot and not getting the 5 volts to the MPU. Gonna have to rebuild or change the power supply.

20200428_135455 (resized).jpg20200428_135455 (resized).jpg20200430_161344 (resized).jpg20200430_161344 (resized).jpg
#403 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackghost4:

Picked up a Fascination Circa 1933. Doesn't boot and not getting the 5 volts to the MPU. Gonna have to rebuild or change the power supply.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats on a very cool looking machine. Same color scheme as Centaur!

#404 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackghost4:

Very Nice!
Is there a cool story to go with the find, or just collector to collector?

#405 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackghost4:

Same exact play field as Roy Clark and Take Five.

1 week later
#406 3 years ago

Has anyone found good replacement fake wood laminate for these machines? Eros 1 has this dark burlwood I can’t for the life of me find

2 weeks later
#407 3 years ago

Picked this up today. Unfortunately it will need to be wall art or a coffee table as it has none of the boards and these are not available. Great looking playfield and those drop targets!! Maybe someone will need the playfield one day for a restore so happy to have it for now.

IMG_20200603_161437 (resized).jpgIMG_20200603_161437 (resized).jpgIMG_20200603_165232 (resized).jpgIMG_20200603_165232 (resized).jpgIMG_20200603_165530 (resized).jpgIMG_20200603_165530 (resized).jpgIMG_20200603_165954 (resized).jpgIMG_20200603_165954 (resized).jpgIMG_20200603_165232 (resized).jpgIMG_20200603_165232 (resized).jpg
#408 3 years ago

That pretty cool!
If everything is there except the boards please keep it intact, obviously you never know when something will pop up!
If you ever need to make room sell it to someone else who can hold onto it.

#409 3 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

That pretty cool!
If everything is there except the boards please keep it intact, obviously you never know when something will pop up!

Yeah i grabbed it to preserve it. If someone contacts me in the future and i can help them i will. The playfield was just too nice to pass up even just being a lighted coffee table.

#410 3 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Yeah i grabbed it to preserve it. If someone contacts me in the future and i can help them i will. The playfield was just too nice to pass up even just being a lighted coffee table.

It isn’t a super complex table so you could probably use an Arduino Mega to control it. If it was like the machine I had I was going to do that and trim Jamma finger boards to plug into the original connectors. It could be done without hacks.

#411 3 years ago

Picked this up today. Unfortunately it will need to be wall art or a coffee table as it has none of the boards and these are not available. Great looking playfield and those drop targets!! Maybe someone will need the playfield one day for a restore so happy to have it for now.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just leave it as a table for now!
I’m pretty sure someone was remaking the Allied Leisure/Game Plan circuit boards. It was just not very easy to find, and a poor web presence.

#412 3 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Does it have the four side legs so that you can make it a standup?

#413 3 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Does it have the four side legs so that you can make it a standup?

Nope. But im thinking about installing some caster wheels underneath to make it a movable table.

#414 3 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Very Nice!
Is there a cool story to go with the find, or just collector to collector?

Found it in a Barn find

#415 3 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

That pretty cool!

I've heard someone is in the process on making a new MPU.

#416 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackghost4:

I've heard someone is in the process on making a new MPU.

They have been in that "process" for about 4 years I think

1 week later
#417 3 years ago

anyone need any parts off of a night moves?

#418 3 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

Possibly. I can look this evening. What spares do you have?

#419 3 years ago

But just about everything except the playfield and cabinet. I picked up one today that was Loaded with mouse

#420 3 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

Definitely. Nothing on mine is broken, but I sure wouldn't mind having extra plastics, switches, whatever. Let me know when you take it apart.

#421 3 years ago

The gentleman with the boardless Star Shooter has put it up for dale in the marketplace for $200

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/97685

#422 3 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

The gentleman with the boardless Star Shooter has put it up for dale in the marketplace for $200
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/97685

Yep. I did. Had some other things come in and it cant stay in the house. Open to trading for other items.

#423 3 years ago

Hey gang,

Wow....I had no idea that there was a club for cocktail pins.

Couldn't see another Hearts Spade pictured in this thread... so here you go.

I found this absolute gem around 3 years ago, advertised as not working, so I just shelved it for a rainy day project.

After receiving some advice from a mate with a cocktail, then pulling out the boards, re-seating the chips and giving the connectors a really good clean, BINGO! She fired up first go. A bit more tinkering and we're about 95% there.

Playfield strip, Mills wax, Novus 1 on plastics and fresh white rubbers. It's not NIB but is pretty good for her age and she's beginning to sparkle like new again.

What drew me to this machine to begin with was the stunning art deco theme, which a few of the LAI cocktails seem to based on.

I've decided to leave the incandescent bulbs in for now and used traditional white rubbers, as I think modernising this playfield wouldn't go well with the theme, but we'll see.

Cheers,
Pinball Syd
IMG_5051 (resized).jpgIMG_5051 (resized).jpgIMG_5052 (resized).jpgIMG_5052 (resized).jpgIMG_5053 (resized).jpgIMG_5053 (resized).jpg

#424 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Syd:

Hey gang,
Wow....I had no idea that there was a club for cocktail pins.
Couldn't see another Hearts Spade pictured in this thread... so here you go.
I found this absolute gem around 3 years ago, advertised as not working, so I just shelved it for a rainy day project.
After receiving some advice from a mate with a cocktail, then pulling out the boards, re-seating the chips and giving the connectors a really good clean, BINGO! She fired up first go. A bit more tinkering and we're about 95% there.
Playfield strip, Mills wax, Novus 1 on plastics and fresh white rubbers. It's not NIB but is pretty good for her age and she's beginning to sparkle like new again.
What drew me to this machine to begin with was the stunning art deco theme, which a few of the LAI cocktails seem to based on.
I've decided to leave the incandescent bulbs in for now and used traditional white rubbers, as I think modernising this playfield wouldn't go well with the theme, but we'll see.
Cheers,
Pinball Syd
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! My friend has a Hearts & Spades thats also in great condition. It’s a very rare game. One of my favorites. If you ever need help I can get pictures for ya!

#425 3 years ago

Yep. I did. Had some other things come in and it cant stay in the house. Open to trading for other items

Too bad, my buddy from Asheville just came for a visit two weeks ago. I would have had him bring this to me.

#426 3 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

I just picked one of these up a few weeks ago. I’ll look it over tonight and see.

#427 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Nice! My friend has a Hearts & Spades thats also in great condition. It’s a very rare game. One of my favorites. If you ever need help I can get pictures for ya!

Thanks very much friend.

#428 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Too bad, my buddy from Asheville just came for a visit two weeks ago. I would have had him bring this to me.

Have him grab it for the next visit

#429 3 years ago

I am picking up a Circa 1933 in the next few days. However, I would like to NOT have to borrow a truck. Does the cabinet separate on these? Base from the playfield? If so, I can fit it in my wagon.

#430 3 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I am picking up a Circa 1933 in the next few days. However, I would like to NOT have to borrow a truck. Does the cabinet separate on these? Base from the playfield? If so, I can fit it in my wagon.

Not easily.

#431 3 years ago

When I sold my Eros 1 the guy picked it up in a Fiat 500. It fit but he couldn’t close the hatch.

#432 3 years ago

Yea, that's probably not going to work. I can BARELY fit a 80's bally in the car. The cocktail has to be taller than the body of an early bally.
I'll just have to rent/borrow a truck. Or pay for delivery.

#433 3 years ago

Is 1200 an okay deal on a very pretty Night Moves?

#434 3 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

I'm not sure about the price but I can say that the Night Movesis a really cool little machine. A lot going on for its size. The music grows on you and it plays really well. I was surprised by it in a good way.

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

That seems to be the new retail price they’re going for. I feel lucky to have gotten mine for relatively cheap.
They seem to be showing up less often
People are starting to appreciate them.

#436 3 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

I paid 1000 for mine. I enjoyed it for the year i had it. Good price if its in good shape and has battery replaced.

#437 3 years ago

Joined! Game is awesome and hilarious. My first Gottlieb.

IMG_20200627_211326 (resized).jpgIMG_20200627_211326 (resized).jpgIMG_20200627_211339 (resized).jpgIMG_20200627_211339 (resized).jpgIMG_20200627_211352 (resized).jpgIMG_20200627_211352 (resized).jpg

#438 3 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Looking fabulous!

#439 3 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Congrats!

The music in Night Moves slays. Looking at your pictures just put it into my head.

1 week later
#440 3 years ago

After 2 years my Night Moves has SOUND!!!!
Finally!
I bought all the parts off of the96stang and swapped in the display and sound board and swapped some cracked plastics!
My plastics are actually super nice and unfaded, the ones off his parts game are very yellowed, but it’ll have to do.

If anyone needs parts, I can post a picture within a day or two, you can also DM me, because I won’t need all of this!

I’m so happy to finally enjoy the full experience of Night Moves!!

#441 3 years ago

just wanted to let the cocktail club know i just posted a Night Moves on the market. its in the Aurora Colorado area. let me know if any of you are interested. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-night-moves-6#post-5737977

1 month later
#442 3 years ago
BCB102CF-21DC-4CA1-88B3-196ED92AEA4D (resized).jpegBCB102CF-21DC-4CA1-88B3-196ED92AEA4D (resized).jpeg50185B29-4E15-47DE-AA52-9BB12AF618D6 (resized).jpeg50185B29-4E15-47DE-AA52-9BB12AF618D6 (resized).jpeg7215D6F9-7917-4645-B0B8-287D9842563D (resized).jpeg7215D6F9-7917-4645-B0B8-287D9842563D (resized).jpeg
#443 3 years ago

I picked up this family fun this week in a lot of 6 pins I purchased. It was a total brick and I bought it figuring it would end up as nothing more than a coffee table due to parts availability. All that was wrong was a loose dirty connector on the MPU! Fully fired up and shopped today! These cocktails are such a fun pinball concept!

91F6BC87-FAF4-4C03-B762-3299C3EEA6CA (resized).jpeg91F6BC87-FAF4-4C03-B762-3299C3EEA6CA (resized).jpeg

#444 3 years ago

I’ve got my Night Moves to as nice as it can get without a new playfield.

Extra parts for sale if anyone’s interested:
•Top glass piece, has some of the black border peeling off
•Near-complete Plastic Set minus right saucer piece
•bottom cabinet transformer, extremely rusty and untested. Probably works, but needs a good cleaning
•a ton of extra wire harnesses

That’s all I can think of right now, shoot me a PM if you’re interested. Might throw up an ad with pictures

1 month later
#445 3 years ago

Help! I just finished bringing a Night Moves back to life. When I go through the self test menus everything works as expected. However, when I start a game the outhole solenoid (9) fires every couple of seconds and the game over solenoid doesn’t close activating the flippers. In test mode the game over solenoid performs as expected. I’m thinking it maybe the optical interface board although the led works as expected when a ball is breaking the optical beam. When I go through the switch test all the switches report properly, but again when I start a game none of the switches cause an increase in score. Any thoughts would be very welcome! Thanks

#446 3 years ago
Quoted from n4297m:

Help! I just finished bringing a Night Moves back to life. When I go through the self test menus everything works as expected. However, when I start a game the outhole solenoid (9) fires every couple of seconds and the game over solenoid doesn’t close activating the flippers. In test mode the game over solenoid performs as expected. I’m thinking it maybe the optical interface board although the led works as expected when a ball is breaking the optical beam. When I go through the switch test all the switches report properly, but again when I start a game none of the switches cause an increase in score. Any thoughts would be very welcome! Thanks

So to start the game the balls need to be in the trough. One has to be queued in the outhole and the other sits by the shooter release mech.

Chances are something is wrong with the optos or the board. Check them both. Cold solder joins could be the problem
If that’s not the issue, have you done the grounding mods? My game occasionally has an errant ground that causes the outhole to have an issue. Even with the mods it doesn’t always fix it because sys80 grounds are junk.

#447 3 years ago

Just saw a #Rotation VIII for sale on facebook in MD, $3500 I think. I'll look for the post.

https://m.facebook.com/story/graphql_permalink/?graphql_id=UzpfSTE1NjQ2MjM2NTE6Vks6MzQxMjkwOTU0ODc3NjY0NQ%3D%3D

#448 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Just saw a #Rotation VIII for sale on facebook in MD, $3500 I think. I'll look for the post.
https://m.facebook.com/story/graphql_permalink/?graphql_id=UzpfSTE1NjQ2MjM2NTE6Vks6MzQxMjkwOTU0ODc3NjY0NQ%3D%3D

It better be gold plated and 100% working for that price sweet Jesus.

#449 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

So to start the game the balls need to be in the trough. One has to be queued in the outhole and the other sits by the shooter release mech.
Chances are something is wrong with the optos or the board. Check them both. Cold solder joins could be the problem
If that’s not the issue, have you done the grounding mods? My game occasionally has an errant ground that causes the outhole to have an issue. Even with the mods it doesn’t always fix it because sys80 grounds are junk.

Thank you very much! I did do all the ground mods, but when I got the game the rectifiers and caps were a mess and the ground blocks a corroded mess. I didn’t hold out much hope that any of the boards were going to still be good. To get to this point I went through and verified the transformer, replaced all the rectifiers and filter cap, cleaned the housing and created two 1/4 20 mounting points tied together to avoid any ground loops. I tied groups of five ground lines to 12 gauge wire with silver soldered lugs. I also put in a new power supply with the added ground, new mpu, new driver with the added ground. Now at least it will boot and all the lights and solenoid work. I’ll reflow solder on the Optos and get a new opto interface board. Thanks again for the help!

#450 3 years ago
Quoted from n4297m:

Thank you very much! I did do all the ground mods, but when I got the game the rectifiers and caps were a mess and the ground blocks a corroded mess. I didn’t hold out much hope that any of the boards were going to still be good. To get to this point I went through and verified the transformer, replaced all the rectifiers and filter cap, cleaned the housing and created two 1/4 20 mounting points tied together to avoid any ground loops. I tied groups of five ground lines to 12 gauge wire with silver soldered lugs. I also put in a new power supply with the added ground, new mpu, new driver with the added ground. Now at least it will boot and all the lights and solenoid work. I’ll reflow solder on the Optos and get a new opto interface board. Thanks again for the help!

I think I’ve got a spare opto board from a parted out game.
Can you post pics of your grounding mod? Maybe I’ll change mine. I tied them in bundles of 5 to lugs directly. Maybe I should use a jumper wire to ground instead. It would probably fit better and make a better connection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Oklahoma City, OK
$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
Tools
Pincoder Store

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,213 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-cocktail-club/page/9?hl=mundy53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.