Topic Stats

• 336 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Robotworkshop
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 126 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

33B67597-EE9F-4EEE-9A5D-A5B0AF6772D5 (resized).png
IMG_20191114_001317 (resized).jpg
D8D0F9A3-912E-4979-BF05-07161C15236B (resized).jpeg
76051152-CC7B-4039-AEE9-BB253F08FED6 (resized).jpeg
9A349B4A-0253-4B15-A7C5-2002450200B6 (resized).jpeg
20C072C5-5BB9-4570-B116-3CC2DD8BAF3E (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190918_101731 (resized).JPG
zzzzzzzhomedecorhardware_2589_12217592036 (resized).png
20190819_102658.jpg
20190819_102618.jpg
20190819_102602.jpg
MVIMG_20190802_121231 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190804_074828 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190804_074841 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190804_074846 (resized).jpg
1562279576522776994143 (resized).jpg

There are 336 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 7 months ago

I noticed others in this thread in the 2000s also... maybe they started with 2001 ??

#252 7 months ago
Quoted from Deerlakes6:

I noticed others in this thread in the 2000s also... maybe they started with 2001 ??

All registered CC's on ipsnd.net are in the 2000's.

If everybody registers their machines here, we will have a better image of the total amount of machines built.

http://www.ipsnd.net/view.aspx?id=3003

#253 7 months ago

That's good info...I'm guessing Caribbean cruise went from 2000-2337...or something like that

IMG_20190421_190500045 (resized).jpg
#254 7 months ago

Opinions please! Sunlight (left) or Cold White (right) GI on Night Moves?

The Sunlight side is the brightness I'm looking for. If I go for Cold White, I'll go for something a little brighter.

20190426_104559 (resized).jpg
#255 7 months ago
Quoted from Jappie:

The Sunlight side is the brightness I'm looking for. If I go for Cold White, I'll go for something a little brighter.
[quoted image]

I like cold white, but that’s because I think Night Moves should be a darker game.
If you want it to look original, the sunlights on the left look just like my NM with incandescents right now.

#256 7 months ago
Quoted from Jappie:

[quoted image]

Sunlight, because I like to keep my games looking original.

#257 7 months ago

Cold white. It may not be original, but it suits the game's 80's dance club theme a lot better.

#258 7 months ago

Thanks for your opinions guys! Much appreciated.

Quoted from TopMoose:

Cold white. It may not be original, but it suits the game's 80's dance club theme a lot better.

Having fully changed to Sunlight now, I can definitely say I agree with this. Night Moves is one of those rare games that looks much better in Cold White. Actually, Sunlight makes this game look kind of bland, imho.

Why the change to Sunlight then? Well, the Cold Whites I had in there were starting to get really dim. I'll be changing back to Cold White once I've ordered some brighter ones.

20190426_153103 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#259 6 months ago

Just putting out the feelers. Any owners in Ontario thinking of selling?

1 month later
#260 5 months ago

New to cocktail ownership. Drug home a hearts spades. Fits in nicely with my full size machines in the living room

Game boots/scores yet no coils as of now are working. Later tonight I'll dig into that issue when time allows.

Question I have for now is where are you sourcing parts from? My cursurory examination shows I'm missing a kicker coil, 1 of the 2 drop targets are broken and I'm missing a target that may be a big square in shape- will confirm once I look up pics on net of other tables. Also I'd like to get a manual/schematics.

Thanks

Edit. Thanks to this thread I sourced a pdf of the manual. As for missing target- it is just a rubber ring/contact. My rubber is gone.

So drop target and coils is all I need to work through to make it 100% functioning. Once operational I'll shop it with new bulbs rubbers etc.

#261 5 months ago
Quoted from Mtkst19:

New to cocktail ownership. Drug home a hearts spades. Fits in nicely with my full size machines in the living room
Game boots/scores yet no coils as of now are working. Later tonight I'll dig into that issue when time allows.
Question I have for now is where are you sourcing parts from? My cursurory examination shows I'm missing a kicker coil, 1 of the 2 drop targets are broken and I'm missing a target that may be a big square in shape- will confirm once I look up pics on net of other tables. Also I'd like to get a manual/schematics.
Thanks
Edit. Thanks to this thread I sourced a pdf of the manual. As for missing target- it is just a rubber ring/contact. My rubber is gone.
So drop target and coils is all I need to work through to make it 100% functioning. Once operational I'll shop it with new bulbs rubbers etc.

Parts for Allied Leisure games are near impossible to source. Coil should be decent but drop targets will be near impossible

#262 5 months ago

Here's a few photo's of my NM.
Purple LED on PF. White on inserts. Red tower flashers that blind. And Titan glow in the darks.
I need to add a trough and shooter lane light.
Todd Tucker would be proud.....

1562279547848444872550 (resized).jpg20190704_152910 (resized).jpg20190704_152924 (resized).jpg1562279576522776994143 (resized).jpg20190704_152929 (resized).jpg20190704_153009 (resized).jpg
#263 5 months ago
Quoted from PinBallPeteFromSD:

Here's a few photo's of my NM.
Purple LED on PF. White on inserts. Red tower flashers that blind. And Titan glow in the darks.
I need to add a trough and shooter lane light.
Todd Tucker would be proud.....[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very Nice! Looks amazing!

#264 5 months ago

Hi folks, brand new first time poster here, and brand new member at that.

I was blessed as a kid to have been gifted a Roy Clark Entertainer, something that has been in my family for a long time now - and now I have it installed at my home. Up to yesterday, it was about 99% functional, when suddenly I noticed it wasn't getting past the entire power up cycle. Opened it up and sure enough, the 5 VDC fuse (.5A, 250V) was blown. Tried another and it blew right away. Not going to try a 3rd.

I'm just some guy who likes tinkering, I don't have an electrical engineering background.. that said, what are the first things to check? I suspect a component has gone bad and might need replacing - the transformer? A capacitor? I have a digital multimeter here and can use it as advised.

Ideas what to check first?

Over the coming days and weeks, yes, I'll be combing through the site using the search function (already did one round), but I figured this cocktail thread with the enthusiasts would also be a good place to start.

Thanks,
Turby

#265 5 months ago

Selling my Caribbean Cruise if anyone has interest. Very nice example.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/81658
Thanks

#266 5 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Selling my Caribbean Cruise if anyone has interest. Very nice example.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/81658
Thanks

You coming to California by car anytime in next couple months?

#267 5 months ago

No, I'm not. Sorry, Eric.

#268 5 months ago

I played Caribbean Cruise and Foxy Lady recently. CC was really great, Foxy Lady was bad. So sayeth oldbaby

#269 5 months ago

1 week later
#270 4 months ago

Does anyone know where i may be able to get a rom image for the Game rom for Night moves please? I have a repro MPU arriving today... however since i stripped the MPU down i have moved house, and consequently the rom could be anywhere (long and short - i haven't a clue where in my unit it could be!).. And i would really like to get this thing powered up and see what is working and what isn't!

I have the Roms/programmer to burn myself... just no file

Many thanks!

#271 4 months ago

I guess I can join the club. I have the upper cabinet part of a Foxy Lady, including the playfield. The bottom part with electronics is missing. The previous owner added 4 legs under the upper part, so it's now just a cool-looking coffee table.

Don't think it has been mentioned here, but the Pacific Pinball Museum in Alameda, CA has a very nice collection of cocktail pins in their Annex location. Or at least 2 years ago when I visited.

In a future issue of Pinball Magazine I might do an article on cocktail pins

#272 4 months ago
Quoted from toibs:

Does anyone know where i may be able to get a rom image for the Game rom for Night moves please? I have a repro MPU arriving today... however since i stripped the MPU down i have moved house, and consequently the rom could be anywhere (long and short - i haven't a clue where in my unit it could be!).. And i would really like to get this thing powered up and see what is working and what isn't!
Many thanks!

This is my go to ROM guy, try him he might have it . astillentertainment@rogers.com

#273 4 months ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Don't think it has been mentioned here, but the Pacific Pinball Museum in Alameda, CA has a very nice collection of cocktail pins in their Annex location. Or at least 2 years ago when I visited.

About 75% of those at the PPM, were games from my collection
(16 different titles in all, plus a few doubles and triples)
that i donated to them a few years ago, ( they have recently sold off some of the doubles).
I had an example of most every cocktail pin produced, exceptions being Midway's Rotation VIII and VIza WAR, Mirco's Lucky Draw
and ALI Flame of Athens and Game Plan's Real and Camel Lights and WMS Joust.

#274 4 months ago

Put my Caribbean Cruise up for sale.

Archived after 21 days
Sold elsewhere
Machine - For Sale
Caribbean Cruise Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “100% working, very clean. Playfield has a few very minor wear spots(see pics). 2 of the plastic drop targets are cracked, comes with a brand new set, just haven’t had time to ins...”
2019-07-21
Magnolia, DE

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/82427

#275 4 months ago
Quoted from toibs:

Many thanks!

Where did you get your repro 80b board from? I need one for my night moves.

#276 4 months ago
Quoted from rsos1:

Welcome new member! Welcome to the Cocktail club! Post some pics of your Night Moves. Plenty of members can help you! What’s wrong with the board?

Be sure to add a profile picture as well!

#277 4 months ago

Holy shit look at this:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/undocumented-gottlieb-vs-pinball-machine#post-5111415

A newly discovered Gottlieb Head-to-Head Cocktail pinball machine has been unearthed!! And it F’in works!!

#278 4 months ago
Quoted from rsos1:

Got mine from Mypinballs.. here... https://www.mypinballs.com/electronics/store.jsp

#279 4 months ago
Quoted from rsos1:

You can get this board from Fred Swemmer. I just had him put one together for me a couple months back. Its $220 from what I remember.

Just E-mail him at swemmerelectronics@startmail.com

He will get back to you. It may be a little delayed but he will set you right.

#280 4 months ago

Just posted my Real cocktail for sale. I have no clue what the going price is.
So make me an offer.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/82721

Thanks

#281 4 months ago

Can someone post a picture of what I am assuming should be some type of a bracket that the threaded "feet" screw into on a night moves. The one I bought does t have any feet and is sitting on the wooden base. I will post some pictures of it tonight.

#282 4 months ago
Quoted from rsos1:

Can someone post a picture of what I am assuming should be some type of a bracket that the threaded "feet" screw into on a night moves. The one I bought does t have any feet and is sitting on the wooden base. I will post some pictures of it tonight.

It may have the extended wooden base to make it stand-up height

#283 4 months ago

I’m looking for anyone that has a Rotation VIII machine. I have one and have a question about an accessory. Please PM me if you have one.
Thanks, Damon

#284 4 months ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

I’m looking for anyone that has a Rotation VIII machine. I have one and have a question about an accessory. Please PM me if you have one.
Thanks, Damon

I’d love to have one. Still keeping an eye out

#285 4 months ago

Question - Looking to do a flipper rebuild on my NM - However wondered if someone could confirm if these are based on Gottleib 11/1989-5/1992 or 5/1992-1996 please?? Just want to be able to order the right parts.
In other words, which of these would be correct?? http://www.pbresource.com/rebuildkit.html

Many thanks!
Paul

#286 4 months ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

PM Sent

#287 4 months ago
Quoted from toibs:

Question - Looking to do a flipper rebuild on my NM - However wondered if someone could confirm if these are based on Gottleib 11/1989-5/1992 or 5/1992-1996 please?? Just want to be able to order the right parts.
In other words, which of these would be correct?? http://www.pbresource.com/rebuildkit.html
Many thanks!
Paul

Night Moves was made in November of 1989 so your first choice of Gottlieb 11/1989-5/1992 would be correct.

#288 4 months ago

Attchaed are some pictures of the night moves I picked up. It had battery damage on the board I repaired and also appears to have a little water damage on the base. After I repaired the board it fired right up! I need some help with what the leg leveler brackets that the feet screw into on the bottom. I believe mine is missing them. There are no screws in the holes on the bottom corners of the base and nothing to screw any levelers into. Thanks for your help in advance!

IMG_20190804_074828 (resized).jpgIMG_20190804_074846 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190802_121231 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190804_074841 (resized).jpg
#289 4 months ago

Welcome to the club rsos1. I'll gladly take a picture of mine when I'm back from my holiday.

#290 4 months ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Welcome to the club rsos1. I'll gladly take a picture of mine when I'm back from my holiday.

Thanks I appreciate it!

#291 3 months ago

Can anyone send me a Dropbox or some sort of link to the Sound ROMs for Night Moves? The main music sound got fried but the secondary chip is fine. So I get half the sounds of the game
I’ve fixed the issues almost a year ago but never found a ROM to put on a new chip for my sound

#292 3 months ago
Quoted from rsos1:

Attchaed are some pictures of the night moves I picked up. It had battery damage on the board I repaired and also appears to have a little water damage on the base. After I repaired the board it fired right up! I need some help with what the leg leveler brackets that the feet screw into on the bottom. I believe mine is missing them. There are no screws in the holes on the bottom corners of the base and nothing to screw any levelers into. Thanks for your help in advance![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I just brought home a beautiful condition night moves, what do you need pictures of ?

#293 3 months ago
Quoted from FelixTCat:

I just brought home a beautiful condition night moves, what do you need pictures of ?

I need pictures of the bottom of it and what the leg levelers screw into please and thanks.

#294 3 months ago

Here you go rsos1 ! Hope this helps.

Don't pay too much attention to the wheel that's installed instead of a leveler. Night Moves came with regular levelers installed. I installed the wheels myself later on. The bracket remains unchanged, as the wheels have the same size thread.
20190819_102602.jpg20190819_102618.jpg20190819_102658.jpg

#295 3 months ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Here you go rsos1 ! Hope this helps.
Don't pay too much attention to the wheel that's installed instead of a leveler. Night Moves came with regular levelers installed. I installed the wheels myself later on. The bracket remains unchanged, as the wheels have the same size thread.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is perfect thank you so much! Definitely missing these peices. Anyone know if they can be purchased? Otherwise I suppose I could Fab some up.

#296 3 months ago
Quoted from rsos1:

This is perfect thank you so much! Definitely missing these peices. Anyone know if they can be purchased? Otherwise I suppose I could Fab some up.

You're welcome!

They look like they're made especially for this purpose. You could try emailing Pinball Resource. They bought all the Gottlieb parts when they went out of business.

Otherwise, I think fabbing something up might be your best choice. Unless someone has parted one of these out.

Good luck!

#297 3 months ago

If you're missing those brackets, you can probably get away with using t-nuts in the holes above where the bracket was. The holes are there for levelers to be able to back up into them from the bracket, but probably a t-nut can be installed directly in those holes.

#298 3 months ago
Quoted from rsos1:

I would save those pictures to your phone and head down to your local hardware store. Take a quick measurement of where the four bolt holes are in your cabinet and bring along a random leg lever to test for size and threading. Show those pictures to a hardware employee and see what they come up with or if they have any suggestions.

To me, those brackets look off the shelf for furniture use and I doubt that Gottlieb designed and fabricated them for a special order machine.
Good luck in your search.

#300 3 months ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

If you're missing those brackets, you can probably get away with using t-nuts in the holes above where the bracket was. The holes are there for levelers to be able to back up into them from the bracket, but probably a t-nut can be installed directly in those holes.

Oof, I don't think I would recommend that. There's probably a reason the designers spread the weight over the side panels instead of using the floor panel for that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 179.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Machine - For Sale
Keene, NH
$ 149.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 349.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atlanta, GA
There are 336 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside