IMG_9257 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9258 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9256 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9233 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9242 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9218 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9211 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,213 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 25.
#151 5 years ago

I just saw this in another post and thought you guys might like to see it. (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/4-nib-caribbean-cruise-night-moves-newton-north-carolina)

4(!) NIB cocktail pins were auctioned off in a storage unit auction. 2 Carribean Cruises, 1 Night Moves and 1 unknown. At least one of the CC'S seems to have had mice in them.

I really hope that one of you guys snagged them, because they went for a steal...

https://storageauctions.com/auction-unit/unit-details/14618

Universal Storage Group_27 Of JulyAuction_Unit_14618_114276 (resized).jpgUniversal Storage Group_27 Of JulyAuction_Unit_14618_114276 (resized).jpg
Universal Storage Group_27 Of JulyAuction_Unit_14618_114274 (resized).jpgUniversal Storage Group_27 Of JulyAuction_Unit_14618_114274 (resized).jpg
Universal Storage Group_27 Of JulyAuction_Unit_14618_114278 (resized).jpgUniversal Storage Group_27 Of JulyAuction_Unit_14618_114278 (resized).jpg
Universal Storage Group_27 Of JulyAuction_Unit_14618_114281 (resized).jpgUniversal Storage Group_27 Of JulyAuction_Unit_14618_114281 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180728-001059_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180728-001059_Chrome (resized).jpg

#152 5 years ago

Oh man what a haul! But thanks for confirming in this video was a conga line of Night Moves & Caribbean Cruse cocktails MIB probably one of these!

http://mediaburn.org/video/chicago-slices-raw-pinball-wizard/

880af489fd5190e8aadd6dd77ed89878208c76bf (resized).jpg880af489fd5190e8aadd6dd77ed89878208c76bf (resized).jpg
#153 5 years ago

I wish I had seen this auction. I would have SO bought them!

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

Well he is selling one of the NIB CC's so I would PM him, really nice guy!

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

two of them were stolen before he even picked them up.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/4-nib-caribbean-cruise-night-moves-newton-north-carolina/page/3

#156 5 years ago

I really hope he finds them. It would be nice for a change to see a stolen pin thread end with the OP getting their game back.

#157 5 years ago

Yeah, crazy. They are cool and all, but not worth all that much to go thru the work of stealing them. And why only two? Lol.

#158 5 years ago

Yea and why the rat infested CC over a NIB one??? Obviously not an enthusiast. He still has both NIB CC's drop dead mint, never had a ball played on them (other than factory testing presumably) pretty cool find I'd say!

#159 5 years ago

I’m in the club!!!

224FE9F2-BF58-4EF7-A747-7788D1B68D0B (resized).jpeg224FE9F2-BF58-4EF7-A747-7788D1B68D0B (resized).jpeg694A8DDA-4C85-4DED-BCAA-EB1AF49AA800 (resized).jpeg694A8DDA-4C85-4DED-BCAA-EB1AF49AA800 (resized).jpeg
#160 5 years ago

Loving the game so far. I also have the original battery pack still in the game. Its amazing to me it hasn't been replaced yet. I'm working on getting that replaced currently.

Ive looked through the manual, there is no way to set the machine to free play is there?

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Loving the game so far. I also have the original battery pack still in the game. Its amazing to me it hasn't been replaced yet. I'm working on getting that replaced currently.
Ive looked through the manual, there is no way to set the machine to free play is there?

No you have to change out the rom and adjust all the coin dip switches on Gottlieb system 80b to set it to freeplay, here's a link...

https://www.flipprojets.fr/Proms80B_EN.php

although i did also just find this?

http://www.papinball.com/tips/gottlieb_free_play.html

#162 5 years ago

I just removed the door lock and clipped a pushbitton switch to the coin mech. The button fits nicely in the lock hole. The door is tight enough, no need for a lock, and it’s easily reversible.

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from chippe01:

I just removed the door lock and clipped a pushbitton switch to the coin mech. The button fits nicely in the lock hole. The door is tight enough, no need for a lock, and it’s easily reversible.

The old Tuckey fix!

#164 5 years ago

New problem has developed. Game screen went blank, music stopped but flippers and lights still work. Any suggestions?

0EC645B6-EE58-4914-A245-E7A8F56F5F9B (resized).jpeg0EC645B6-EE58-4914-A245-E7A8F56F5F9B (resized).jpeg
#165 5 years ago

New problem has developed. Game screen went blank, music stopped but flippers and lights still work. Any suggestions? [quoted image]

And this morning when I went downstairs it boots fine. Is it possible something is overheating and if so where should I start?

#166 5 years ago

And this morning when I went downstairs it boots fine. Is it possible something is overheating and if so where should I start?

How's the cpu for acid damage?

#167 5 years ago

Oh and adjust that left flipper please. Nothing to do with the malfunction you mention, but my autistic eye can't stand misadjusted flippers

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

How's the cpu for acid damage?

I don’t see any.

#169 5 years ago

I think you need to double check the 5v adjustment on the audio power supply it may be cranked down too low or too high. Too high your system will go into auto shut down mode. Also that battery on your mpu board may be done. At the very least you should remove it.

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

I think you need to double check the 5v adjustment on the audio power supply it may be cranked down too low or too high. Too high your system will go into auto shut down mode. Also that battery on your mpu board may be done. At the very least you should remove it.

Yeah I’m getting that battery out of there ASAP. I’ll look into the 5v thanks

#171 5 years ago

Yeah I’m getting that battery out of there ASAP. I’ll look into the 5v thanks

Use a multimeter and check your voltage on these two pins where I have the black wires into, yours will be blank. Just make sure it's set to 5 volts.

002 (resized).JPG002 (resized).JPG

#172 5 years ago

Also if I just remove the battery will the machine not function? I’m waiting on replacement but knowing my luck the battery will decide to start leaking this week before it gets here.

#173 5 years ago

It seems like your battery may be charging and that could pop it, I'd just yank it out the game should work fine without it in, it just won't remember all the high scores except for the 1st one and it will keep the play count.

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

It seems like your battery may be charging and that could pop it, I'd just yank it out the game should work fine without it in, it just won't remember all the high scores except for the 1st one and it will keep the play count.

Just to make sure we are talking about the box that says circuit guard? That’s the original battery correct? Just pop it off?

A14415CE-55B7-40EB-AC66-8005576046C9 (resized).pngA14415CE-55B7-40EB-AC66-8005576046C9 (resized).png
#175 5 years ago

Yea you need to remove your board and de-soldier it off, it won't just pop off. I think I already see some corrosion on that top leg there it looks green.

#176 5 years ago

I snipped mine then desoldered it.I'm not sure if it will work without it or not but I know Caribbean Cruise wouldn't work without the battery but they are different boards.

#177 5 years ago

Yea there totally different batteries the Caribbean Cruise has a lithium battery, it's Gottlieb system 3. Supposedly the best Gottlieb system out there, heck the best pinball board system to date!

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

It won't even remember the 1st high score. It would need a battery for that

luckycreature You're fine. Just solder it out, carefully.

#179 5 years ago

No, it writes it to the ic chips. When I changed out mine to nv ram both were still intact, the 1st high score and play count.

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Yea you need to remove your board and de-soldier it off, it won't just pop off. I think I already see some corrosion on that top leg there it looks green.

So it did have some leakage. Hired a tech to come do the change out and he cleaned the damage as best he could. So glad to get that battery out of there.

#181 5 years ago

I'm in this club now! Just picked up a real nice Night Moves & Caribbean Cruise! Were part of a trade & I'm not sure what I'll do with them. Likely have to sell at least one soon. Or maybe I don't want to split them up, not sure yet.
I thought I would like Cruise more, seemed to be more going on with it. After a few games on each I feel more drawn to NM. Requires some accurate shots at times & you have to earn what you get a bit more. Great music.
Only thing driving me nuts about Cruise is that the mystery hole is lit all the time (which I thought was a glitch at first), & usually awards multiball. I feel like half the game is me ending up in that hole & getting some great award that I didn't earn. Slows the game down a bit too. I'll have to see if this one grows on me or adjust some things in the settings.

#182 5 years ago

Also can anyone with a NM confirm for me the flipper coils used? Mine are both different & seems both have been replaced at some point. I'd like to know the proper spec coils that should be in there.

#183 5 years ago

Picked up a Circa 1933 recently, and was hoping some knew how to adjust the board to recognize two players.

The way mine is set up, you can actually play a 4 player game despite only having two score displays.

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

Also can anyone with a NM confirm for me the flipper coils used? Mine are both different & seems both have been replaced at some point. I'd like to know the proper spec coils that should be in there.

They're 24161's. Mine still has the originals in there. The number is also printed on the playfield underneath the flipper mech.

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

They're 24161's. Mine still has the originals in there. The number is also printed on the playfield underneath the flipper mech.
[quoted image]

Thanks! That is what my right flipper has. My left has a 20095, which I think might be slightly stronger, seems to play ok though but I'm a stickler for things being original specs.

#186 5 years ago

Reaching out to see if anyone has a copy of the take five schematic. Also, a source for a new capacitor 50060016. There are a couple of them in the bottom of the cabinet. One sparked on startup and I want to change it out to be sure. Thanks!

1 week later
#187 5 years ago

I am a new pinball hobbiest. Could someone please give me an idea of what I should be paying for a beat up 1978 Allied Leisure Take Five pinball table? I was looking to restore it. Right now it isn’t working and has a fair amount of cabinet damage and needs some new plastics and rubber.

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

I am a new pinball hobbiest. Could someone please give me an idea of what I should be paying for a beat up 1978 Allied Leisure Take Five pinball table?

Value is almost nothing. If you are new to the hobby, maybe think about some other game.
It's an odd manufacture that not many people have experience fixing, so repair knowledge is going to be difficult to come by.
Replacement parts may also be hard to find.
On top of that, the general value of cocktail pinballs is not that great.
On the other hand, if you are up for a challenge, good luck!

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

I am a new pinball hobbiest. Could someone please give me an idea of what I should be paying for a beat up 1978 Allied Leisure Take Five pinball table? I was looking to restore it. Right now it isn’t working and has a fair amount of cabinet damage and needs some new plastics and rubber.

It basically needs everything and it’s not worth anything. Not working for a cocktail is horrible. They aren’t usually easy fixes. $50 or less

#190 5 years ago

Ii'd say $100 tops not working , working and in good shape you're looking at around $400-$500. Take 5 is one of the least desirable themes next to Roy Clark in my opinion.

But you probably could part it out if you cant get it up and running and make a few bucks, seems like there's a lot of people looking for parts for those games.

#191 5 years ago

Question for night moves. When you light the Bonus (score 500k, light multiball, double score) how long do you have before it starts dropping to 200k, 150, 50,etc or is it not timed and more reliant on missing the shot and hitting something else?

#192 5 years ago

If it’s on the bonus (red light is lit) you have to collect it before hitting 2 other switches. I’m not sure about the other values, but probably after hitting a certain number of switches it decreases. To get back to the bonus value you have to go through one of the lit R-O-C-K lanes when the value is at the lowest amount.

By the way, I find it much easier to go through the bonus loop from the left flipper. At least on my machine I cradle the ball in the left flipper and then shoot it. I get the loop every time.

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from chippe01:

If it’s on the bonus (red light is lit) you have to collect it before hitting 2 other switches. I’m not sure about the other values, but probably after hitting a certain number of switches it decreases. To get back to the bonus value you have to go through one of the lit R-O-C-K lanes when the value is at the lowest amount.
By the way, I find it much easier to go through the bonus loop from the left flipper. At least on my machine I cradle the ball in the left flipper and then shoot it. I get the loop every time.

Correct, I believe it adds one additional switch hit to each level you drop. I’ll have to test it

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from chippe01:If it’s on the bonus (red light is lit) you have to collect it before hitting 2 other switches. I’m not sure about the other values, but probably after hitting a certain number of switches it decreases. To get back to the bonus value you have to go through one of the lit R-O-C-K lanes when the value is at the lowest amount.

Thanks. That's what I thought but its nice to know others experience is the same. Hitting that bonus shot without hitting a switch is tricking depending on which lane it comes down. And if you can hit the double your score near the end of a game it makes a big difference.

#195 5 years ago

And if you can hit the double your score near the end of a game it makes a big difference.

I got my high score of 43,752,620 by getting double your score three times in one game.

Here's a tip for you: When you launch the ball, you can hold in the right flipper button to pause the 2X lights at the top lanes.

Also, you can use the flipper buttons to cycle the R-O-C-K lights and the Extra Ball Light when it's lit.

#196 5 years ago

For all you Caribbean Cruise owners, I made a modification to my game to help reduce the number of multiball awards you get from the mystery saucer. This game is very good, but that damn mystery award kinda kills some of the fun factor and unfortunately there isn’t a way to disable it in the settings.

Anyways, when you plunge the ball there is like a 99% chance the ball rolls into the saucer and like a 95% chance you get awarded multiball for the mystery. I have a big tournament coming up and I want this game in the tournament so I was trying to figure a way to block the saucer when you plunge. I tried 4-5 different things before I finally realized the gate at the top is 1 way. I took it off, reversed it, and it now blocks the ball from going into the saucer and instead feeds the ball directly to the upper right flipper. It’s the best I could do and it has cut down the number of multiballs tremfndousky. Now you have to shoot to earn it. Oh yeah, I also added a fat boy rubber on the center post next to the jackpot target to help make the mystery award shot a little harder.

33AA25C5-BF17-45CA-A5A1-6005D475AB87 (resized).jpeg33AA25C5-BF17-45CA-A5A1-6005D475AB87 (resized).jpeg
#197 5 years ago

Thats a good idea, going to do that to my CC.

#198 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

Thats a good idea, going to do that to my CC.

Once installed I had to bend the wire form back a little bit to allow a ball that is shot along the top to drop down the right roll over. Other than that, it works great.

1 week later
#199 5 years ago

Just picked up a cheap Roy Clark has anyone replaced the flipper mechs with Gottlieb or Bally etc. Mine is pretty much missing most of the flipper parts and would like to replace with something that can be obtained through normal channels. If you have part#'s, Pics etc.. that would be great.
Thanks,
Joe

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from cyroute:

Just picked up a cheap Roy Clark has anyone replaced the flipper mechs with Gottlieb or Bally etc. Mine is pretty much missing most of the flipper parts and would like to replace with something that can be obtained through normal channels. If you have part#'s, Pics etc.. that would be great.
Thanks,
Joe

As far as I'm concerned I think if you want to keep the original coils a Bally mech should do the job.
Otherwise If I'd want to change a flipper mech I'd change it to modern Williams with weak coils.

Idk what voltage the coils run on so if they run on 24V then screw the Williams stuff if 40+v then go with that's

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Oklahoma City, OK
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,213 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-cocktail-club/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.