IMG_9258 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9256 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9233 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9242 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9218 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9211 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9213 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 25.
#101 5 years ago

Joined the club this weekend...picked up a Roy Clark "The Entertainer"! Been on the list for a while. Was missing the MPU and fan. Already found a fan, but need to find MPU.

Roy Clark (resized).jpgRoy Clark (resized).jpg
#102 5 years ago

Any tips on where I can grab the schematics for an Eros One for under $30? Macros has it for $31, don't see anything on eBay. Or am I a cheapskate, and $31 is perfectly reasonable?

#103 5 years ago

Here are some pics of my foxy lady.
The MPU was completely trashed I had it sit in vinegar for a whole week until everything was cleaned up.
All ICs were desoldered and socketed, resets circuit is all original and unmodded.
Turned out only 2 pins had to have bridges soldered to them other than that it worked.
But hey at least no more corrosion and some newer parts.

Plays like a charm and looks as good as new.

IMAG0112 (resized).jpgIMAG0112 (resized).jpgIMAG0421 (resized).jpgIMAG0421 (resized).jpg
#104 5 years ago

Really want a Foxy lady

#105 5 years ago

Did all Night Moves come with bumper cap decals ?

Only asking because most pictures/videos I see have just plain bumper caps. Have they just been lost/damaged/removed over the years ?

One of mine is lifting a bit and has some dirt under it. I would like to replace it but proving hard to find a cap with decal ....surprise..

Here are mine ...yellow cap but I have a red LEDs installed.

P1050874 (resized).JPGP1050874 (resized).JPGP1050875 (resized).JPGP1050875 (resized).JPGP1050876 (resized).JPGP1050876 (resized).JPG
#106 5 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Did all Night Moves come with bumper cap decals ?
Only asking because most pictures/videos I see have just plain bumper caps. Have they just been lost/damaged/removed over the years ?
One of mine is lifting a bit and has some dirt under it. I would like to replace it but proving hard to find a cap with decal ....surprise..
Here are mine ...yellow cap but I have a red LEDs installed.

I can't answer the question about whether or not that is stock, but they seem low quality. It's an incredibly simplistic black logo that would be easy to make with a home printer, printable mylar, and scissors.

If I were making that for my game, I'd cut the decal to be a full circle the size of the cap, or if had access to a CNC cutter (Silhouette Cameo for example), I'd cut it right along the black border.

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I can't answer the question about whether or not that is stock, but they seem low quality. It's an incredibly simplistic black logo that would be easy to make with a home printer, printable mylar, and scissors.
If I were making that for my game, I'd cut the decal to be a full circle the size of the cap, or if had access to a CNC cutter (Silhouette Cameo for example), I'd cut it right along the black border.

I know the history of this machine .... from the early/mid 2000's - it was operated in a country pub in the UK. I played on it every year until about 2012 when the owner sold the pub, I bought it from him a few years later.

So if the decals were a DIY job they were done prior to that. They match the font exactly on the apron. I'm just not seeing someone bothering to do that 15+ years ago ... before the hobby exploded .... ???

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

I know the history of this machine .... from the early/mid 2000's - it was operated in a country pub in the UK. I played on it every year until about 2012 when the owner sold the pub, I bought it from him a few years later.
So if the decals were a DIY job they were done prior to that. They match the font exactly on the apron. I'm just not seeing someone bothering to do that 15+ years ago ... before the hobby exploded .... ???

Well, at any rate, you're likely going to have to go with a DIY replacement. Scanning in a logo from something else, like the apron, and editing it to match might be a good start if you can't find a digital version of the black logo. Alternatively, you might get away with scanning one of the existing decals and cleaning it up for printing.

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Well, at any rate, you're likely going to have to go with a DIY replacement. Scanning in a logo from something else, like the apron, and editing it to match might be a good start if you can't find a digital version of the black logo. Alternatively, you might get away with scanning one of the existing decals and cleaning it up for printing.

Just noticed it's in the manual also

P1050878 (resized).JPGP1050878 (resized).JPG
#110 5 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Just noticed it's in the manual also

I think that's your ticket to new decals! However, that looks to have black and white inverted from what's on your decals, but that's easy to change in an image editor.

#111 5 years ago

New addition. Have never heard of this one so I had to buy it!

295C52CC-1445-42A7-8247-8C309A8EAF9E (resized).jpeg295C52CC-1445-42A7-8247-8C309A8EAF9E (resized).jpeg6B1A2531-E84B-4B4C-94EC-4CF7024B5748 (resized).jpeg6B1A2531-E84B-4B4C-94EC-4CF7024B5748 (resized).jpegC53D9153-E9E3-4103-8196-45112B0C36F6 (resized).jpegC53D9153-E9E3-4103-8196-45112B0C36F6 (resized).jpeg
#112 5 years ago

I have an Eros One in great shape and enjoy playing it. One of the Star Rollovers cracked and the ball will hang up on it. I need to have them replaced but don't want to disassemble the playfield again to send it in. Not so much for the money but just laziness.

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

New addition. Have never heard of this one so I had to buy it!

Is that the one from the va beach area? How is it as far as gameplay?

#114 5 years ago

Yes it is the VA Beach one. And I don't know what gameplay is like, it isnt in working condition currently. Hopefully at some point it will be though. Probably gonna be lame gameplay though

But can't find anything online about it.

#115 5 years ago

I was looking at that one too, those star rollovers are cool. Kinda looks like a mix of early SS Bally and Williams parts on it, do you know who made it? Love to see the boards and mechs and stuff, there's nothing about it on IPD.

#116 5 years ago

I am sending pics for it to get listed. It is up there, but by another brand (Fantasy Games or something). Mine is Mirco.

#117 5 years ago

Just picked up this little fella to put next to Caribbean Cruise

20180623_104601 (resized).jpg20180623_104601 (resized).jpg
#118 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Just picked up this little fella to put next to Caribbean Cruise

Congrats. Damn, i just cant find these in Ca.

#119 5 years ago

HELP!!!! I can't remember how to factory reset a night moves or caribbean cruise.I thought it was something like holding the left flipper while powering it on but that's not working.

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

HELP!!!! I can't remember how to factory reset a night moves or caribbean cruise.I thought it was something like holding the left flipper while powering it on but that's not working.

This will zero out all the bookkeeping.

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG
#121 5 years ago

Thanks I got the book keeping cleared but I think I need to go inside and change some switches on night moves to change some settings.after some quick research these 2 machines have different operating systems.

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Thanks I got the book keeping cleared but I think I need to go inside and change some switches on night moves to change some settings.after some quick research these 2 machines have different operating systems.

Yes totally different, Night Moves is system 80b and Caribbean Cruise is system 3 which is supposedly bulletproof. Night Moves is known for having a leaky battery so you should get that off the board and install nvram asap. Caribbean Cruise should have a lithium battery that's probably dead but doesn't typically leak acid and ruin the board. I removed that stupid reset board from my mpu and you don't need to worry about the ground mods the interconnect harness on the last pin (ground) has 2 wires from the factory which is all you need. This was the last year for system 80b and they finally got it right,

There's a great eprom replacement and dip switch adjustment for Night Moves to set system 80b's mpu into freeplay mode.
http://www.flipprojets.fr/Freeplay_EN.php
1a872f98952de48b6798c212c84f6510cc67c7be.jpg1a872f98952de48b6798c212c84f6510cc67c7be.jpg

#123 5 years ago

I'm not seeing a battery it would be on the mpu with the dip switches correct? Here's a pic I think it has the nvram.my cc was already converted to a removable cr2032.

20180623_211326 (resized).jpg20180623_211326 (resized).jpg
#124 5 years ago

Isn't this the battery? My NM still has this on, seems to be dated April 1989.
Capturedews (resized).JPGCapturedews (resized).JPG

#125 5 years ago

Yes that's it in that black box.

#126 5 years ago

Ty going to investigate the battery

#127 5 years ago

I really want to take that out as I know I'm tempting fate. It's still working and I don't have any issues, but that battery is almost 30 years old now. I'm just afraid I'm going to screw it up as I am not good with electronic matters.

CaptureMyNMBatt.JPGCaptureMyNMBatt.JPG
#128 5 years ago

Yup I have a battery also,you can see it in the bottom of the pic.does that box open to reveal a battery?

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from chippe01:

I really want to take that out as I know I'm tempting fate. It's still working and I don't have any issues, but that battery is almost 30 years old now. I'm just afraid I'm going to screw it up as I am not good with electronic matters.

I just watched a YouTube video and it looks very easy to do.desolder the battery and resolder a remote battery holder to a positive and negative.

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I just watched a YouTube video and it looks very easy to do.desolder the battery and resolder a remote battery holder to a positive and negative.

I suck at soldering and desoldering! Can you link the video here?

#131 5 years ago

Yes if your not good at soldering don't even try to install nvram (replaces the battery) you have to soldier in a socket that has like 20 pins on it. Soldering in a remote battery holder and removing the battery is a cinch, the soldier points(pads) for the battery are much bigger. Get that battery off your boards it's a ticking timebomb! You can buy a soldier sucker it works well or just get a roll of desoldier braid to remove the soldier to get the battery off, don't try to open the black case it will come off as one whole piece.
71thlN3DUFL._SX342_ (resized).jpg71thlN3DUFL._SX342_ (resized).jpgHTB1gUKhSVXXXXXKXVXXq6xXFXXXI (resized).jpgHTB1gUKhSVXXXXXKXVXXq6xXFXXXI (resized).jpg

#132 5 years ago

Also, won't I lose all my settings and high scores?

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from chippe01:

Also, won't I lose all my settings and high scores?

Oddly no the bookkeeping is written to the chips, and the settings are all manual dip switch adjustments everything will be exactly the same as you had it. You may loose your high scores I can't remember but I do remember my play count and other statistics were still intact.

#134 5 years ago

I also suck at soldering but I have done a BR before and this looks like it has a shit ton of room to work with so I think anyone could do this with minimal skill.I was just looking at another board I just pulled out of hot shots that had the nvram done and that looks really hard.

#135 5 years ago

This is my favorite soldering pen, It really makes soldering easy and believe me it is a big difference from those chep-o soldering irons out there. Just make sure you get the 40 watt version. If you're interested here's a link...https://www.amazon.com/Weller-SP40LK-Watt-Soldering-Iron/dp/B000HE5BZS

41ZzRWXwlvL._SL500_AC_SS350_ (resized).jpg41ZzRWXwlvL._SL500_AC_SS350_ (resized).jpg

#136 5 years ago

I purchased this one about a year ago, seems to have better reviews, but maybe not for pinball repairs. It's only 25 watts, and I thought someone recommended 25 watts to me some time ago.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B3SG6QA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

CaptureJWJJD (resized).JPGCaptureJWJJD (resized).JPG

#137 5 years ago

So I desoldered the old battery and added in a remote 3 battery holder and now I have no display,it's not booting and I have static coming from the speaker?any ideas? Bad solder job?

#138 5 years ago

Update: if you take off 6 connectors you need to plug six back in.thus was a very easy solder job with lots of room to work even a beginner should have no problems with this.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Update: if you take off 6 connectors you need to plug six back in.this was a very easy solder job with lots of room to work even a beginner should have no problems with this.

#140 5 years ago

Just picked up a Roy Clark. It will turn on and boot up and you can add credits, but the game won't start. The fuse holders are all junk so I'm going to replace those. I'm suspecting crappy connections on the board.

1 week later
#141 5 years ago

Finally got around to diving into these cocktails and trying to get some working ( I am clueless and useless, but I have friends who are not..lol).

IMG_0413 (resized).JPGIMG_0413 (resized).JPGIMG_0414 (resized).JPGIMG_0414 (resized).JPGIMG_0415 (resized).JPGIMG_0415 (resized).JPGIMG_0416 (resized).JPGIMG_0416 (resized).JPG

IMG_0408 (resized).JPGIMG_0408 (resized).JPG
#142 5 years ago

I would LOVE that Caribbean Cruise!

#143 5 years ago

I was wondering who was hoarding all the cocktail table pins. Now I know...downside not many know how to work on them.

#144 5 years ago

There's a Disco 79 for sale on facebook marketplace in Dellroy OH for $75. Just says it needs work, but playfield looks like it's in good condition.

#145 5 years ago

There is one here for sale from Italy $1,000.00 euro = $1,174.87 todays rate. Kind of high and the playfield does have wear with a closer look.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/66322

#star-trip

#146 5 years ago

The Disco '79 had a buyer before I could even email her...lol. On the lookout for more though!

Thanks everyone!

#147 5 years ago

Anyone have extras of these laying around? It is a drop target plunger for allied. Specifically off take five. I have 2 that are broken. Part 264-1-70. Thanks

Screenshot_20180710-134910 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180710-134910 (resized).png
#148 5 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

Anyone have extras of these laying around? It is a drop target plunger for allied. Specifically off take five. I have 2 that are broken. Part 264-1-70. Thanks

https://www.flippers.com/catalog/product_info.php/drop-target-plunger-p-4501

#149 5 years ago

Hey Guys! I've just joined the cocktail club with my Eros One.. pretty rough shape but hoping to resurrect it! The boards inside look in great shape, though haven't even plugged it in yet. One big item it doesn't have is the cabinet top/glass. Does anyone happen to be willing to part with one? Perhaps a different cocktail pin top will fit?

Thanks and really enjoying seeing all your collections!

IMG_20180703_064938 (resized).jpgIMG_20180703_064938 (resized).jpg
#150 5 years ago
Quoted from Finsettler:

Any tips on where I can grab the schematics for an Eros One for under $30? Macros has it for $31, don't see anything on eBay. Or am I a cheapskate, and $31 is perfectly reasonable?

http://arcarc.xmission.com/Pinball/PDF%20Pinball%20Misc/Allied%20Leisure%20Pinball.pdf

Quality of the scans aren't the best but good enough!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball
Various other swag
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 129.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-cocktail-club/page/3?hl=slghokie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.