IMG_9258 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9256 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9233 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9242 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9218 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9211 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9213 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,209 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 25.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

On a later 80B's like NM, I usually only make sure that there's 2 wires for the 5v and 2 wires for ground in the double edged connector between mpu and driver board.
A more elaborate approach is needed for system 80, 80A and early 80B. Night Moves however is a late (actually the last) system 80B.

Okay, even those I'm not very familar with. How do I find out which is which and does that mean I have to add wires to the connector??

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Okay, even those I'm not very familar with. How do I find out which is which and does that mean I have to add wires to the connector??

Watch this video. It's about system 80 and 80A, but the procedure for the double edged connector is the same for 80B.

On 5:35 you see an explanation of what I mean. And yes: If the wires aren't there already, you will have to add them.

#53 6 years ago

You can purchase the double edge connector ( between MPU and Driver board) with the mod already done if you don't feel you want to do it yourself.

#54 6 years ago

Hi, folks. Tomorrow, I'm picking up an Eros One, but I hadn't even heard of cocktail games until yesterday. What I need to know, at the moment, is do they have a universal disassembly to make it lighter / easier to transport, and if so, does anyone have a video to demonstrate it?

Much appreciation in advance!

#55 6 years ago

Nope, they dont really come apart. I mean, you could take the glass off, and then seperate the base from the playfield with a bunch of work, but it would be a pain in the a**.

And as someone who has a lot, I can tell you they are MUCH heavier then they look like they should be

#56 6 years ago

Sounds great! hahaha, I've got a friend going with me, hopefully we two can carry it into the van well enough. Thanks for the heads up!

#57 6 years ago

Eros One obtained! Only took 7 hours on the road and $250. Will try to post photos tomorrow!

Sidenote: Is it okay to ask repair / maintenance questions in here?

#58 6 years ago

I have a shopped out euros one that doesn’t fully boot if anyone is after one lmk. Locate in Nebraska but can get to Des Moines pretty easy

#59 6 years ago

Congrats on the Eros One score, I love cocktail pins myself!

Quoted from Finsettler:

Is it okay to ask repair / maintenance questions in here?

Of course, or you can start your own thread.

Two great repair sites are available:

http://www.pinrepair.com/gp/index.htm

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/

#60 6 years ago

Thanks! I haven't even plugged it in yet, I need to get a rubber kit and clean up the playfield asap. The guy said it plays, but that a few bulbs need replaced -- and he's the guy who bought it in 1980, so he's had it all this time. Pretty stoked to get it up and running.

2 weeks later
#61 6 years ago

What do you think of Foxy Lady cocktail.
Just wondering if I should pull the trigger.
The only cocktail I played is Roy CLARK.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from vassq:

wondering if I should pull the trigger

Do it, do it now! If it's priced right that is.
But then again I'm a cocktail pin fanatic.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from vassq:

What do you think of Foxy Lady cocktail.
Just wondering if I should pull the trigger.
The only cocktail I played is Roy CLARK.

Foxy only worth up to 300 for nice, above players. 400 minty, fully shopped, maybe leds.
I have one i got in the 300 range, nice, above players condition.
Not going to lie, very basic playing pin, rules. Not the best cocktail out there, but for a cheap price its worth it.

#64 6 years ago

Look guys, got all of mine in one place finally!

Always looking for more! And a cheap way to ship these too

IMG_9640 (resized).JPGIMG_9640 (resized).JPG

IMG_9641 (resized).JPGIMG_9641 (resized).JPG

IMG_9642 (resized).JPGIMG_9642 (resized).JPG

#65 6 years ago

My Eros reads "tilt" when I plug it in, half the field lights up and only the drop targets react to being tapped. Didn't come with a manual, so I'm ordering one asap. Blegh.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

Look guys, got all of mine in one place finally!
Always looking for more! And a cheap way to ship these too

This is fecking beautiful. @.@

#67 6 years ago

twitami share dude! Some of us have none!

#68 6 years ago

There's a guy in Indiana selling a pair of Eros 1's I believe.asking $600 for the pair 1 works for about 10 minutes the other does not work.he's also VERY open to trade.

#69 6 years ago

Yeah I was trying to figure out a way to get those two. Shipping on these is literally 2 to 3 times what most are worth..lol.

#70 6 years ago

If it helps I've bought a pin from him and have been very pleased with it

#71 6 years ago

I drove 6 hours total to get the Eros I bought. Surely you'd enjoy a pleasant MD to IN round trip.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Joined, I have... with an Eros One.

WELCOME NICO!!!
It’s truly an honor to have such an incredible Pinsider join our humble club!

#75 6 years ago

Thanks Iso... lots to like about Eros One! Led Zeppelin-era artwork, good layout, and real chimes! I'm planning to have my PF cleared to take it all the way. Might also have a new cabinet built out of quality ply vs. the veneered heavy-as-hell MDF. Anyway, will post any progress here... cheers all.

1 week later
#76 6 years ago

Just joined the club with a recently aquired Allied Leisure Take Five. Anyone know the history behind the relationship between Allied Leisure and Fascination?

2 months later
#77 6 years ago

Need more cocktails! Who has one to sell, or knows of any?

2 weeks later
#79 5 years ago

Grabbed my second cocktail this weekend and from what I hear this is only one of a few that works

20180415_134232 (resized).jpg20180415_134232 (resized).jpg

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Grabbed my second cocktail this weekend and from what I hear this is only one of a few that works

Nice! Watch that right flipper rubber though. It's a bit off.

Video?

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Dude, I REALLY want a Spectra. had one years ago, sold it without it ever working, but now that I really collect these, I NEED one!

If you would consider selling, PLEASE let me know!

#82 5 years ago

Another one added...not working, of course.

IMG_0080 (resized).JPGIMG_0080 (resized).JPG

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

Another one added...not working, of course.

W-what on earth is THAT?! I’ve been obsessing over cocktails and have never heard of “Star Battle”

#84 5 years ago

W-what on earth is THAT?! I’ve been obsessing over cocktails and have never heard of “Star Battle”

Its a Coffee-Mat. They made like two machines (this and Cosmic Battle or something like that). Entire cabinet is metal! I have had a few come and go, only seen one that was working, and sadly didnt snag it.

1 week later
#85 5 years ago

I'm in, this is my 1st run NM with the shallow playfield angle, Asteroids stainless steel coin door and a bunch of stuff in it. I'm going to lay down a killer clear coat on her and am looking for a nos glass.

5211410e887a6dfd9143b0b791b49d87cee0cc18.jpg5211410e887a6dfd9143b0b791b49d87cee0cc18.jpg
70e838fca0f8f1807e40763ef55d0b30609a18f2.jpg70e838fca0f8f1807e40763ef55d0b30609a18f2.jpg

#86 5 years ago

I've got a ton into this, very proud of this thing it's my little R2D2. lol It has blue post lights tied to the club rio inserts that chase, behind clear lolypop targets with clear Gottlieb target faces done in teal and pink alternating rings! I am trying to convert the flippers easily to later Gottlieb marked pointy flippers with a machinist. Mini mirror blades, clear flasher domes, clear pops, clear bodies, teal pop skirts, blue superbands, nvram, freeplay rom, clear buttons, blue coin door reject buttons, full set of custom plastic protectors, silver ball wpc style shooter rod, hudson bearings for casters (ultimate cocktail roller feet), ice blue gi, 15 ice blue comet bonus strips, several post lights and 20 more to go in! I have all the original parts and nothing I've done or will do can't be converter back to stock other than clearing the pf. This was a rare 1st run of Night Moves where the pf angle was not deep enough, you can see the difference in the cabinet (has more knee room) and in the hockey style guards on the apron that are much smaller.

001.JPG001.JPG

#87 5 years ago

Cool, I have three Night Moves and noticed one did not have the plastic ball guards at the apron. Never knew there were two versions. Any links to info about this or other trivia on these?

#88 5 years ago

Why the heck do you have three?! Share, man!

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

Cool, I have three Night Moves and noticed one did not have the plastic ball guards at the apron. Never knew there were two versions. Any links to info about this or other trivia on these?

I'm just assuming these were a 1st run of them because there the same as the prototype artist rendering shown in the flyers, as you can see the cabinet is much more shallow in the front and back. I'd love to find an original flyer, the sales pitch was kind of funny...

1.jpg1.jpg

2.jpg2.jpg

3.jpg3.jpg

4.jpg4.jpg

5.jpg5.jpg

6.jpg6.jpg

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

I've got a ton into this, very proud of this thing it's my little R2D2. lol It has blue post lights tied to the club rio inserts that chase, behind clear lolypop targets with clear Gottlieb target faces done in teal and pink alternating rings! I am trying to convert the flippers easily to later Gottlieb marked pointy flippers with a machinist. Mini mirror blades, clear flasher domes, clear pops, clear bodies, teal pop skirts, blue superbands, nvram, freplay rom, clear buttons, blue coin door reject buttons, full set of custom plastic protectors, silver ball wpc style shooter rod, hudson bearings for casters (ultimate cocktail roller feet), ice blue gi, 15 ice blue comet bonus strips, several post lights and 20 more to go in! I have all the original parts and nothing I've done or will do can't be converter back to stock other than clearing the pf. This was a rare 1st run of Night Moves where the pf angle was not deep enough, you can see the difference in the cabinet (has more knee room) and in the hockey style guards on the apron that are much smaller.

Wow. That's the most pimped out cocktail pin I've ever seen. Very cool. Could you tell (or better: show) me how you attached the Hudson bearings? I'd like to add them to my Night Moves!

#91 5 years ago

Thanks man, used in the airline industry called Hudson Bearings and there 3/8-16 stems same as leg levelers they'll screw right in. Whats so great about them over casters is that they can move in any direction. The ebay listing is not up anymore but I'm sure you can find them elsewhere. There's also a version with a nylon ball for wood floors.

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG

#93 5 years ago

Here you can see the differences between this 1st run of these cabinets compared to the Caribbean Cruse and most of the Night Moves cabs. It has much more knee room in the front and back and the plastic pf guards on the apron are much smaller. Look at the 4 carriage bolt heads on the front wood grain panel. It's like they decided to give it more of a pf angle. This works in my favor because I intend to spray out a heavy clear coat this pf that will definitely speed up the ball some. Mine has the number 000260 all over it.

Mfj1U5dl (resized).jpgMfj1U5dl (resized).jpg

b5f359077d3d93197c42e149ae03b81b91303d47.jpgb5f359077d3d93197c42e149ae03b81b91303d47.jpg

4ff81ae0ad0ee1caf3cd92ee52cd46c0d6a78aa6.jpg4ff81ae0ad0ee1caf3cd92ee52cd46c0d6a78aa6.jpg

#94 5 years ago

One of the ones I have does not have the plexi apron guards at all. And no holes on the metal part to hold them either. I will snag a few pictures. I LED'd my nicest one, but no where to the level of that one above

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

One of the ones I have does not have the plexi apron guards at all. And no holes on the metal part to hold them either. I will snag a few pictures. I LED'd my nicest one, but no where to the level of that one above

Weird, I'd love to know that one's serial number I'll bet it's low? There's very little out there about International Concepts It would be nice to dig up some more info.

#96 5 years ago

A cool little blurb about Night Moves from the 1989 Pinball Expo Premier factory tour!

http://www.pinballcollectorsresource.com/russ_files/expo89.html

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

1 week later
#97 5 years ago

Who said EL wire is dead!

004.JPG004.JPG

#98 5 years ago

Just for the fun of comparison here are a few pics of my NM. As you can see i have no plexi and very low metal guards with no holes for mounting any plexi.

20180603_135346 (resized).jpg20180603_135346 (resized).jpg20180603_135537 (resized).jpg20180603_135537 (resized).jpg20180603_135544 (resized).jpg20180603_135544 (resized).jpg20180603_135553 (resized).jpg20180603_135553 (resized).jpg
#99 5 years ago

Do we know definitively how many Night Moves were made? I've read 450 in a few websites including here on Pinside.

#100 5 years ago

I have a Game Plan Foxy Lady cocktail schematics, parts catalog, and users manual set available for sale.
$30 shipped.
Pm me if interested.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball
Various other swag
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 129.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
There are 1,209 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-cocktail-club/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.