IMG_9257 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9258 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9256 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9233 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9242 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9218 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9211 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,213 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 25.
#851 2 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

Wonder if it should include Rotation as these are a 2 of their own. Thoughts?

Rotation VIII is a Midway game and very different. Maybe it deserves its own club, but you NEVER see one of those come up. Spectra IV came before it by a few months and I’ve seen at least 6 of them come up for sale in the past 3 years. All broken, lol.
It was by Valley, who makes pool tables, not in the pin biz. It’s a wacky machine with totally bizarre design choices.

Quoted from Robotworkshop:

The Spectra IV should get it's own club. Even though both rotate they are nothing alike inside and each will have their own issues. I'm not sure if it even uses the same MPU.
I talked to one of the editors on pinwiki.com and was able to get the Spectra IV split out since it is so different. Not just from the rotation but from other pins in general They did a few weird things on Spectra.
Some like the Allied Leisure and Gameplan cocktail games could each have their own separate clubs since the boards were used across multiple machines.

I felt like this club was mainly for AL games and sometimes GP. They fit better and there are so many of them! AL really cranked out a ton. GP rethemed the same game too many times

#852 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I felt like this club was mainly for AL games and sometimes GP. They fit better and there are so many of them! AL really cranked out a ton. GP rethemed the same game too many times

And Coffee-Mat and a few other low production company's...

#853 2 years ago

All you need to know to repair and get repaired your Spectra IV:
https://www.flipprojets.fr/SpectraIV_EN.php

#854 2 years ago
Quoted from valentin27:

All you need to know to repair and get repaired your Spectra IV:
https://www.flipprojets.fr/SpectraIV_EN.php

Definitely a great resource and some important pieces of the puzzle like a picture of the small reset card to clear the settings. It was helpful while I was repairing an MPU for these. Unfortunately there is a lot more needed to know about the Spectra that you have to find on other sites like:

http://www.rustykey.com/projects/spectra/default.html

The Rusty keys site had some other important clues like the memory/IO map and code disassembly.

#855 2 years ago

Our new Circa 1933 features several interesting things. IPDB shows it as being released 2-79, but the underside of this playfield is dated to early October of 78. Many of the boards are older, but that is to be expected...is it odd to have a game be that much older than the published release day? I am used to EMs with no date markings. It has an older power supply board like in Roy Clark The Entertainer rather than the other Circa 1933 posted on IPDB.

The cabinet is marked as "Black Beauty." I guess this is a name for the cabinet model itself? It being flat black rather than the woodgrain of other games.

The game also features the aftermarket dirt dauber double tilt disabler.

1933 date (resized).png1933 date (resized).pngDSC02728 (resized).JPGDSC02728 (resized).JPGDSC02733 (resized).JPGDSC02733 (resized).JPGDSC02729 (resized).JPGDSC02729 (resized).JPG
#856 2 years ago
Quoted from emspence:

Our new Circa 1933 features several interesting things. IPDB shows it as being released 2-79, but the underside of this playfield is dated to early October of 78. Many of the boards are older, but that is to be expected...is it odd to have a game be that much older than the published release day? I am used to EMs with no date markings. It has an older power supply board like in Roy Clark The Entertainer rather than the other Circa 1933 posted on IPDB.
The cabinet is marked as "Black Beauty." I guess this is a name for the cabinet model itself? It being flat black rather than the woodgrain of other games.

Roy Clark and Circa 1933 are exactly the same table... Except for the artwork on the playfield and plastics and Roy Clark is in a wood Grain cab and 1933 is in a black one. And tables usually marked with a date several months earlier than the release date. That is when they were designed/made.

1 week later
#857 2 years ago

Hi all, I have the opportunity to purchase a high five here in Australia. They are quite rare here. It is 100% complete original and looks in good nick but currently not operational. Just wondering if parts are readily available or anything that is not that would stop it being repaired. Appreciate your help

Added over 2 years ago:

Take Five not High Five

#858 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Hi all, I have the opportunity to purchase a high five here in Australia. They are quite rare here. It is 100% complete original and looks in good nick but currently not operational. Just wondering if parts are readily available or anything that is not that would stop it being repaired. Appreciate your help

Do you mean Take Five?

I got two allied leisure cocktails (Eros One and Star Shooter) late last year and both are already down with me unable to find components I need here in the states. I can only imagine it would be far more difficult for you. At this point I'm just hoping to eventually get them running 100% and sell them so they can be someone else's maintenance problem. Eros One is a pretty game though.

The MPU boards are hard to come by and the flippers have a plastic cam link in them that has broken in two of my flippers and I have no way to get more. The part is listed on flippers.com as out of stock and in an email exchange, they said they have no one who can injection mold more of them presently.

I traded for a Caribbean Cruise last weekend. I don't love the theme, but man this is a fun game to shoot, and being all Gottlieb hardware I don't have anywhere near the maintenance concerns that I do with the Allied Leisure stuff.

#859 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRat:

Do you mean Take Five?
I got two allied leisure cocktails (Eros One and Star Shooter) late last year and both are already down with me unable to find components I need here in the states. I can only imagine it would be far more difficult for you. At this point I'm just hoping to eventually get them running 100% and sell them so they can be someone else's maintenance problem. Eros One is a pretty game though.
The MPU boards are hard to come by and the flippers have a plastic cam link in them that has broken in two of my flippers and I have no way to get more. The part is listed on flippers.com as out of stock and in an email exchange, they said they have no one who can injection mold more of them presently.
I traded for a Caribbean Cruise last weekend. I don't love the theme, but man this is a fun game to shoot, and being all Gottlieb hardware I don't have anywhere near the maintenance concerns that I do with the Allied Leisure stuff.

Hey @Lokust, any idea what a good shape working Eros one is worth? May be putting mine up soon.

#860 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRat:

Do you mean Take Five?

PinRat thanks for the reply. The seller has purchased another MPU board from the states but the machine is still not up and running. I'm hoping the new MPU isn't a dud and its another issue that I can track down.
Heres the sellers response when i asked what happened on powerup "Turns on, Gi lights up, Tilt & game over lite ON, pop bumpers pulse on at start up, no coils lock on. The boot doesn't seem to finish."

I'm still thinking of taking a gamble on it. The machines in general are hard to find here and just hoping i can get it running.

#861 2 years ago

I'm building out the Spectra IV page on pinwiki.com so if you have any suggestions or notes to add please let me know. There are a lot off odd quirks with that game that need to be documented.

#862 2 years ago

I'm building out the Spectra IV page on pinwiki.com so if you have any suggestions or notes to add please let me know. There are a lot off odd quirks with that game that need to be documented.

As you know the game cannot be started without the coin door, and most of them are conveniently missing.

A schematic for that coin door would be awesome

#863 2 years ago

As you know the game cannot be started without the coin door, and most of them are conveniently missing.
A schematic for that coin door would be awesome

I wasn’t aware that many games were missing that door. The schematic for the coin door is in the manual that is posted in ipdb.org for the machine. It wouldn’t be too hard to make something to replace it.

#864 2 years ago

I wasn’t aware that many games were missing that door. The schematic for the coin door is in the manual that is posted in ipdb.org for the machine. It wouldn’t be too hard to make something to replace it.

That must be new, when I looked a year or two ago they didn’t have a manual posted

#865 2 years ago

The manual helps a lot but there is still a lot of things that aren't covered. In particular the reset key and anything about the daughter board on later MPU's.

1 week later
#868 2 years ago

Couple questions, on my Eros One , the flippers look oversized, what are people using for replacements and what is the recommended PF angle for cocktail pins.

#869 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

what are people using for replacements

I have seen Gottlieb flipper assemblies used as replacements.
Add Bally style plastic shoe cover to match OEM style.

#870 2 years ago

Sorry I meant to say the flipper rubbers are a different size than standard. I tried install some super bands on they were way too tight to go on.

#871 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

Sorry I meant to say the flipper rubbers are a different size than standard. I tried install some super bands on they were way too tight to go on.

You should be able to use regular/standard rubber flipper rings.

#872 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

I had a hard time getting even standard bands on my Disco 79.

#873 2 years ago

Does anyone know anybody with an ALI parts machine? I need some drop target parts. I need everything from the drop target to the coil plunger. I'm not concerned about what's on the face. I need one, I'd consider two. I'll post a classified as well.

IMG_20220210_173452515_BURST000_COVER (resized).jpgIMG_20220210_173452515_BURST000_COVER (resized).jpg
#874 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

Does anyone know anybody with an ALI parts machine? I need some drop target parts. I need everything from the drop target to the coil plunger. I'm not concerned about what's on the face. I need one, I'd consider two. I'll post a classified as well.
[quoted image]

Wasn’t some 3D printing replacements? Start an Allied Leisure club and have everyone crowdfund a mold to make new drop targets!

#875 2 years ago

Wasn’t some 3D printing replacements? Start an Allied Leisure club and have everyone crowdfund a mold to make new drop targets!

I messaged a fellow pinsider last summer who is willing to 3D print me drop targets. Thanks @Mrtantrum.

The problem is someone removed all the parts I have shown from one drop target assembly so now I don't have the intermediate piece that connects the drop target to the plunger, or the plunger. When I was trying to get some printed last summer I had access to a machinist who could make me a plunger, now I don't.

Another pinsider was parting a machine but due to my crappy phone I couldn't see or send pictures. I never thought to post a pic here. I'm hoping he'll still help me out but due to my phone issues I think I'm testing his patience. I'm hoping he'll help me out but understand if he's over the hassle.

These are the last pieces I need to have my Disco 79 playing. Fingers crossed.

#876 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

Hi. I posted a bit ago who is doing a 3D printing of them. I got mines. The guy is in Canada Pretty good and pretty tough also.

#877 2 years ago
Quoted from Santis:

Hi. I posted a bit ago who is doing a 3D printing of them. I got mines. The guy is in Canada Pretty good and pretty tough also.

I understand but I'm also missing the intermediate parts between the drop itself and the coil plunger. I can't find plungers anywhere and the previous owner removed everything from the drop to the plunger on one drop
I'd have the damn thing running with a drop AND the rest of the related parts. Everything else works. I sent Copper38 another message, we'll see.

#878 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

Does anyone know anybody

I may have a couple left …. Not sure if they are in blue or white. If I don’t I can get sone more made up.
I’ll check tomorrow and let you know.

#879 2 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

I may have a couple left …. Not sure if they are in blue or white. If I don’t I can get sone more made up.
I’ll check tomorrow and let you know.

Thank you! I appreciate it and would be very interested but do you have a source for the intermediate piece and plunger?

#880 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

I understand but I'm also missing the intermediate parts between the drop itself and the coil plunger. I can't find plungers anywhere and the previous owner removed everything from the drop to the plunger on one drop

He 3D printed for me the drop and the plastic link that connects to the metal post.

#882 2 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

I may have a couple left

I looked high and low for these yesterday and couldn't find them.... They will pop up one day.
If you do need some let me know and i can get some made but will be a little pricey for 2 unless we can get some more people in on order. If I remember I think I can do 5 in a batch.

#883 2 years ago

What would the wooden stand that makes a cocktail game a stand up game be worth? I have one that goes with my game and a friend wants to buy it?

#884 2 years ago
Quoted from wesh:

What would the wooden stand that makes a cocktail game a stand up game be worth? I have one that goes with my game and a friend wants to buy it?

Post some pictures here and It would be worth it to take lots of pictures of it with measurements so others might be able to replicate it.

#885 2 years ago
Quoted from wesh:

Quoted from Kpkube:

Post some pictures here and It would be worth it to take lots of pictures of it with measurements so others might be able to replicate it.

The guys at Rocketland Coin-op had several Allied Leisure risers when I was there a few years ago. I can always check in

#886 2 years ago
Quoted from Kpkube:

I will see what I can do for sure! I have the game up for sale now, I will do my best to get measurements before I sell it.

#887 2 years ago

The guys at Rocketland Coin-op had several Allied Leisure risers when I was there a few years ago. I can always check in

Are you sure they were Allied Leisure?

#888 2 years ago

The reason I asked if you're sure those risers are Allied Leisure is because the only Allied Leisure machine that would use that riser is "Take Five", or potentially "Flame of Athens".

#889 2 years ago

Just put an Eros One up.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Eros One Archived
Used - shows wear, needs some work - “Nice Eros One in working condition. I put some led's in and cleaned and waxed playfield, replaced the rubbers. Would trade for a solid state project.”
2022-04-22
Folsom, PA
600 (OBO)
Archived after: 30 days
Viewed: 1054 times
Contributed to Pinside

#890 2 years ago

Just joined the club today. This games a blast! Thanks RCA1

16F4BE95-4DA7-47AD-A4CB-9ED2A1274E85 (resized).jpeg16F4BE95-4DA7-47AD-A4CB-9ED2A1274E85 (resized).jpegBF4A9F1A-2D7B-4090-827C-D254507ABE07 (resized).jpegBF4A9F1A-2D7B-4090-827C-D254507ABE07 (resized).jpeg
#891 2 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:Just joined the club today. This games a blast! Thanks RCA1
[quoted image][quoted image]

Told you so

#892 2 years ago

Yes you did. So glad I grabbed it

#893 2 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Yes you did. So glad I grabbed it

If you want to the make game a little more fun and remove the “plunge to upper saucer and instantly get multiball 99% of the time”, flip the upper gate around at the top of the shooter lane. This eliminates constant MB and forces the player to have to shoot it back up top for a chance at MB.

#894 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

If you want to the make game a little more fun and remove the “plunge to upper saucer and instantly get multiball 99% of the time”, flip the upper gate around at the top of the shooter lane. This eliminates constant MB and forces the player to have to shoot it back up top for a chance at MB.

Not a bad idea.

#895 2 years ago

Picked this up today! Boots but occasionally resets during attract mode, and three of the drop targets are broken

IMG_20220312_134904485_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220312_134904485_HDR (resized).jpg
#896 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

tract mode, and three of the drop targets are broken

Hi. There is a guy who 3D printed them. Look in my old pots and you find him. Good luck.

#897 2 years ago
Quoted from Santis:

Hi. There is a guy who 3D printed them. Look in my old pots and you find him. Good luck.

Looks like it was @Stretch7? I'll send them a message...

I'm actually already working on modeling up my own model for 3d printing, but I can only print in PLA so not sure how they'll work

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#898 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Looks like it was Stretch7? I'll send them a message

I got from him. They work perfectly. I don’t know yours. Good luck.

#899 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Looks like it was Stretch7? I'll send them a message...
I'm actually already working on modeling up my own model for 3d printing, but I can only print in PLA so not sure how they'll work
[quoted image]

Whats the preferred material to print with for parts like this (high impact)?

#900 2 years ago

Does this look repairable? Or does anyone happen to have a power board for a Foxy Lady?

16475363103418536155279425404507 (resized).jpg16475363103418536155279425404507 (resized).jpg20220317_105534 (resized).jpg20220317_105534 (resized).jpg

*edit* i plan on sending it away to get new components & repair the traces. Possibly still interested in a replacement tho. Battery has been removed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 179.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Oklahoma City, OK
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

There are 1,213 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-cocktail-club/page/18?hl=emspence and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.