IMG_9258 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9256 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9233 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9242 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9218 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9211 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9213 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 25.
#751 2 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Just joined the club! Grabbed a Circa 1933 locally. Looks like a I have a broken flipper mech. Going to have to figure out a solution for that.

If that's the one that was in the marketplace here I was wishing I was closer to that. I'm trying to limit myself to 2 cocktails but it's hard when they come up for a decent price. Congrats that looks nice. I was actually happy today coming home with mine with warped plastics. I LOVE straightening plastics!

#752 2 years ago
s-l400 (resized).jpgs-l400 (resized).jpg
#753 2 years ago
Quoted from Santis:

I used a pin from a crank flipper. I think it was from

You can replace the whole mech whit Gottlieb. I think is system 80

Since we seemingly have a wealth of extra playfields, some of which won't be going into cabs, I think we're going to just clip off a connector. Hopefully we have a good non-corroded one. Pita.

#754 2 years ago

I struggle to find the parts I need online even when they are purchasable. Would a get the system 80 flipper mech from pinball Resource?

#755 2 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

I struggle to find the parts I need online even when they are purchasable. Would a get the system 80 flipper mech from pinball Resource?

I assume your broken part is that plastic pawl/actuator cam/whatever you want to call it? This one? https://flippers.com/catalog_oc/pinball-game-parts-c-5/allied-leisure-industries-ali-c-5_9/actuator-cam-p-4508.html

I don't think it's been in stock in a couple years. It's the the biggest issue with buying Allied Leisure/Fascination cocktails. Some kind gent on here had his friend 3D print me a knockoff, and with a little shaving down it fit and works well, but that was a one-off solution. It would be nice to have something more readily available.

#756 2 years ago

I have a 3D printer so I would just need the 3D file to print one. I would be happy to print a few if others need them.

#757 2 years ago
Quoted from Santis:

I used a pin from a crank flipper. I think it was from

You can replace the whole mech whit Gottlieb. I think is system 80

They had tons of parts at the fleamarket for allied leisure. Rocketland coin-op has a bunch but you’ll have to send the pictures or dig for them yourself. They bring tonnage

#758 2 years ago

Working on a Take Five/Roy Clark.... a bunch of lights aren't working. Anyone have some quick tips on what to check to narrow down the issue, before I spend an afternoon digging into the thing with a logic probe?

#759 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Working on a Take Five/Roy Clark.... a bunch of lights aren't working. Anyone have some quick tips on what to check to narrow down the issue, before I spend an afternoon digging into the thing with a logic probe?

Look around for loose wires to solder back in place. When I got my Take Five only some lights/mechs were working. Found the loose wire, soldered it back on (think it was a lamp wire), everything has worked since.

1 week later
#760 2 years ago

Anyone know anyone that can fix my rotation viii boards??

#762 2 years ago

Can I swap in Bally flipper/mechs into this machine? I am struggle to find the required replacement pieces so I figured I would find more readily available parts.

I also don't want to start a fire.

#763 2 years ago

I've got a partial playfield and a bunch of spare parts, so if someone needs a part and can send me a pic of what is needed, I might be able to dig one out

Quoted from Habermania:

Can I swap in Bally flipper/mechs into this machine? I am struggle to find the required replacement pieces so I figured I would find more readily available parts.

Bally runs on 43v, Allied Leisure/Fascination pins run on 24v, so a bally mech isn't going to work unless you find a compatible coil. Using some williams mechs from pinball life with the older 25V coils they have would probably be your best bet if you want to swap your mechs for better ones

#764 2 years ago

It's interesting how cocktails like the one in post #722 and like the Circus Circus I have have a longer playfield but it has a lot less to shoot for than the "short playfield" machines like allied leisure etc. The longer playfield would be perfect for a home brew as it seems there's more room under the glass. It makes me wonder if cocktail machines would have been more successful if they were longer with a lot to shoot at. On the other hand I can see where they wanted to make them more compact to fit in a bar etc. The longer playfield machines have almost as big a footprint as a regular machine. I also know that it was pointed out in the past that people tended to sit and drink and not play.

#765 2 years ago

Finally found one! Now to get it working again…

AFB348E6-333D-4F0A-9C27-8C8692444E06 (resized).jpegAFB348E6-333D-4F0A-9C27-8C8692444E06 (resized).jpeg
#766 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

[quoted image]

Wow that thing looks incredible! Hope you’re able to get boards from the links I provided!

#767 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Wow that thing looks incredible! Hope you’re able to get boards from the links I provided!

You rock! Thank you for the links. I was able get ahold that gentleman that took over the business from that last guy. They’re in Canada and have an empty game to test boards in. Fingers crossed. I will update you guys in a few months…

#768 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

I will update you guys in a few months…

I can’t wait a few months. Fix it fast I would like to see it working.

#769 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

[quoted image]

That's awesome. I REALLY want a rotation viii

#770 2 years ago

Stretched my legs today. I was looking through my flyers and ALI advertises, "built in extender legs for optional stand up play". Sure enough, i extended them. Awesome that they built that in!

IMG_20210822_033944311 (resized).jpgIMG_20210822_033944311 (resized).jpg

I'm living in an 800 sf house. See the play field and backglass box sandwiched between the fridge and the wall?! Comet playfield and hard top. Whoa Nellie, Cyclone and BK2K back glass/translites.

#771 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

Stretched my legs today. I was looking through my flyers and ALI advertises, "built in extender legs for optional stand up play". Sure enough, i extended them. Awesome that they built that in!

Kool kit. Is cat an optional mode or comes together? Lol

#772 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

[quoted image]
I'm living in an 800 sf house. See the play field and backglass box sandwiched between the fridge and the wall?! Comet playfield and hard top. Whoa Nellie, Cyclone and BK2K back glass/translites.

That’s awesome! I’ve been looking for a base extender for my Night Moves. Any way to tell the difference between the Allies Leisure/Game Plan bases and the ones for the Gottlieb cocktails?

#773 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

That’s awesome! I’ve been looking for a base extender for my Night Moves. Any way to tell the difference between the Allies Leisure/Game Plan bases and the ones for the Gottlieb cocktails?

There were no extra bases for Night Moves and CC as far as I know. Only Allied Leisure had the extendable legs, and that was only on certain games (mostly the later ones). Coffee-Mat and Game Plan (and early Allied) you could buy a height extender for (basically a matching wood (or metal in the case of Coffee-Mat)).

#774 2 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

There were no extra bases for Night Moves and CC as far as I know. Only Allied Leisure had the extendable legs, and that was only on certain games (mostly the later ones). Coffee-Mat and Game Plan (and early Allied) you could buy a height extender for (basically a matching wood (or metal in the case of Coffee-Mat)).

I have an extended base on my Night Moves and I like having the machine up higher. I'm not sure if it was an original option but if not it was really well done and matches well. AT one point I had considered selling the game but ended up selling some others instead and plan on keeping it. Everyone that plays Night Moves loves it.

#775 2 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

Yes, I’ve seen base-extenders on Night Moves. I’d like one because it’s one of my most popular games!

Quoted from Robotworkshop:

I have an extended base on my Night Moves and I like having the machine up higher. I'm not sure if it was an original option but if not it was really well done and matches well. AT one point I had considered selling the game but ended up selling some others instead and plan on keeping it. Everyone that plays Night Moves loves it.

Night Moves is too damn cool

#776 2 years ago

Question about my night moves.
I will occasionally get a ball one that will play for 10 to 30 seconds before it starts establishing points or creating a sound when I hit a switch or target. If I drain or get it into the ball lock it will then catch up all the points. After this it works fine until it randomly happens again. Any ideas on where I should start looking for the problem?

#777 2 years ago
Quoted from Santis:

Kool kit. Is cat an optional mode or comes together? Lol

I'm not a cat guy but that cat is badass. He has one blue eye and one yellow and a nose like a bull. The vet that he goes too wants him! He's almost 20 pounds and kicks ass. Only other better cat we had was a Maine Coon

#778 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

I'm not a cat guy but that cat is badass.

I love animals. That cat looks so kool on the game !!! And is sitting there like “I own it”.

#779 2 years ago
Quoted from Santis:

I love animals. That cat looks so kool on the game !!! And is sitting there like “I own it”.

And he does. He'd be sitting on another machine if he thought I wanted to play it. Kids named him Moo and it stuck. I saw another tuxedo named Moo in the cat thread. His mom jumped in front of a car when he was 2 days old. Lots of nights feeding overnight but he was worth it. Couple more scratches on my motorcycle and not so much!

#780 2 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

Question about my night moves.
I will occasionally get a ball one that will play for 10 to 30 seconds before it starts establishing points or creating a sound when I hit a switch or target. If I drain or get it into the ball lock it will then catch up all the points. After this it works fine until it randomly happens again. Any ideas on where I should start looking for the problem?

This happens to me as well, I always chalked it up to the weak sys80 design. Seems like it sometimes gets “bogged down” by too many switch hits at once and the game just takes a few seconds to play catch-up.

#781 2 years ago

Glad it’s not just me. Bogged down system is a good way to describe it. It seems to happen more when I first turn it on. I wonder if it is a “warming up type situation”

Thanks for reply, you are always quick to help with my questions about night moves. I appreciate it.

2 weeks later
#782 2 years ago

Post in the project pinball thread via @thegeekyhusband

Project cocktail machine: Circa 1933

Manufacturer: Fascination
Game/Type: Circa 1933 / SS 4 Player
Cost: $350
Pinsider: thegeekyhusband
Contact/Link:
Contact me

Description: bulbs and rubbers recently replaced. Powers on but flippers need rebuilt.
Original parts included. Missing 1 spring, 1 broken flipper mech.

#783 2 years ago

I'm back in the club! A fellow pinsider wanted my Eros One so i moved it but recently acquired a Foxy Lady and can't wait to get it cleaned up & flipping! Love the coctail style pins!

* btw.. how is foxy lady to play?!

#784 2 years ago

Reposting from projects thread via bluespin

Star Trip
Game Plan cocktail pin
$100 obo
Stow, oh
Pinsider @Billb54
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/120899

#785 2 years ago

So i got a Gameplan Startrip. But unfortunately it is not working. It does get power and lights, but the game doesnt start. No attractmode, only weird things on the display, i guess because of the cap instead of an battery. The red led on the board does nothing.
I'm not an expert with electronix.. What i did already is cleaning and checking the fuses.
And look for obvious things.
I found that there was probably a battery leakage. It looks like it was being fixed, there is now a cap instead of a battery when im not mistaken. In the picture there is a ram chip missing. I replaced that.
But nothing changed.

Does someone have a tip for me?
Maybe i will just try reconnecting every cable. Maybe there are some bad connection because of corrosion?!

IMG_20210908_183847.jpgIMG_20210908_183847.jpgIMG_20210908_201836.jpgIMG_20210908_201836.jpgIMG_20210908_204811_edit_14575219885796.jpgIMG_20210908_204811_edit_14575219885796.jpgIMG_20210910_103057.jpgIMG_20210910_103057.jpgIMG_20210910_103105.jpgIMG_20210910_103105.jpgIMG_20210910_103115.jpgIMG_20210910_103115.jpgIMG_20210910_103125.jpgIMG_20210910_103125.jpgIMG_20210910_103132.jpgIMG_20210910_103132.jpg
#786 2 years ago

Looks to me like that is just 3 coin cells in heat shrink?

To clean the alkaline damage:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stripping-battery-corrosion-with-a-strong-acid

This one looks a little crusty also.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#787 2 years ago

Thank you for the fast answer. I think i will pull out the board and try cleaning everything i find like you suggested. Havent seen the crusty chip thanks, didn't even knew what to look for.

I do think its not a battery. Definitly no heatshrink. I ll take a better picture. But a cap would be ok right? It just will not store credits and highscores i think.

#788 2 years ago
Quoted from stefanmader:

So i got a Gameplan Startrip. But unfortunately it is not working. It does get power and lights, but the game doesnt start. No attractmode, only weird things on the display, i guess because of the cap instead of an battery. The red led on the board does nothing.
I'm not an expert with electronix.. What i did already is cleaning and checking the fuses.
And look for obvious things.
I found that there was probably a battery leakage. It looks like it was being fixed, there is now a cap instead of a battery when im not mistaken. In the picture there is a ram chip missing. I replaced that.
But nothing changed.
Does someone have a tip for me?
Maybe i will just try reconnecting every cable. Maybe there are some bad connection because of corrosion?![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That MPU doesn't look too bad and would clean up. All those green ceramic disc caps should be replaced. Also the ROM chips have heavy oxidation and should be carefully cleaned. Troubleshoot from there.

I just repaired a couple GamePlan MPU's and am working on a third now.

#789 2 years ago

Thank you for the fast answer. I think i will pull out the board and try cleaning everything i find like you suggested. Havent seen the crusty chip thanks, didn't even knew what to look for.

I do think its not a battery. Definitly no heatshrink. I ll take a better picture. But a cap would be ok right? It just not store credits and highscores i think.

Quoted from Robotworkshop:

That MPU doesn't look too bad and would clean up. All those green ceramic disc caps should be replaced. Also the ROM chips have heavy oxidation and should be carefully cleaned. Troubleshoot from there.
I just repaired a couple GamePlan MPU's and am working on a third now.

Thank you very much, how can i clean the chip sockets? Is contact spray a good idea to use for that?

#790 2 years ago
Quoted from stefanmader:

I do think its not a battery. Definitly no heatshrink. I ll take a better picture. But a cap would be ok right? It just not store credits and highscores i think.

Thank you very much, how can i clean the chip sockets? Is contact spray a good idea to use for that?

The DIP sockets can't really be cleaned. They may be ok as it looks like the black oxidation is mainly on the chips. If the sockets are bad they would need to be replaced. Those have to be done carefully otherwise pads can fall off and the traces on the board can be damaged causing more repair work. One of the boards I just fixed had a few extra hours due to prior work.

For the DIP chips I use a scotch bright pad from the top of the pin to the bottom. Again, you need to be careful here since sometimes the leads get weak and can break. That causes more work.

Some good references to Gameplan repairs:

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gameplan_Repair

http://www.pinrepair.com/gp/

Star Trip is a cool machine. I had one for a while but had to sell it due to lack of space,

#792 2 years ago

So i have cleaned the chips now, didn't break anything. But boy they were stuck on tight, and when pulling them out, bend the pins. But nothing broke.
nothing changed, the Startrip still doesn't work. I tried to measure resistance of the green ceramic disc caps. don't really know what i'm doing, but found that 4 of them don't give me areading. So like you suggested, swapping them out is next.
And i think you were right with the battery, i think now that it is acually a battery. Found similar on the internet. A lttle bit of corrosion on there too, i think i'll search for an alternative for that as well.

IMG_20210926_155233.jpgIMG_20210926_155233.jpgIMG_20210926_155304_edit_10984858736865.jpgIMG_20210926_155304_edit_10984858736865.jpg
1 week later
#793 2 years ago

i have swapped out every 104 ceramic cap. the 103 cap is still on. so i powered it on and the flipper coils worked, the other coils didn't, i am not sure if a game was started or not, but on the Board there was a red led on, so thats good. But after shutting it off and powering it on again, i went away. i'm a little puzzled why. i mean it can't be that bad now, but it's really hard to think about what is happening here. maybe now i should give the cable connectors some attention and clean them.. the display is also sketchy. sometimes there is nothing on the display. i'm pretty sure that is the connector with the ribbon cable. i cleaned it just a bit, and the display is getting more consistent.

1 month later
#794 2 years ago

Hello you fine folk! I'm picking up my first cocktail pin (Caribbean Cruise) soon, and saw a Donkey Kong arcade go up for sale in the same area, so I'm wondering if I can fit both in my truck...to that end, can anyone here tell me if the top of the cocktail pin comes off of the legs/support structure beneath it for more compact transport? Not sure I could fit both items in my pickup side by side, and I doubt I could squeeze the 28" width of the cocktail pin through the backdoor of the cab, but if I could take the playfield section off of the support and turn it on its side, well...then we're in business Can anyone confirm how easy/difficult and advisable/inadvisable that would be? I've never even seen a cocktail pin in person, and information is difficult to find online!

#795 2 years ago

The glass comes off by unlocking and lifting the entire glass and frame off and the playfield raises like any other game.i think I would leave the glass on and put it on its side to keep the playfield locked in and pad the glass side with a thick blanket if I had to lay it on its side.

#796 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

The glass comes off by unlocking and lifting the entire glass and frame off and the playfield raises like any other game.i think I would leave the glass on and put it on its side to keep the playfield locked in and pad the glass side with a thick blanket if I had to lay it on its side.

From one video I've seen on TNT Amusements' YouTube channel, it looks like there might only be 5-6 wiring harnesses that go down into the riser to disconnect, and otherwise maybe some hex head screws to free the playfield structure from the riser, which would allow for a clean separation of the two? Is that accurate as far as you know? Otherwise yeah, 100% would keep the glass on (w/ balls removed) and have the "cabinet" portion strapped in the cab alongside padding, w/ hopefully fitting the riser in the front seat (though I anticipate its dimensions should allow for just it to exist next to the DK cab in the truck bed)

#797 2 years ago

Been a while since I've had the hood up but sounds about right.

#798 2 years ago

I'm trying to join the club...going to check out an Eros One project that's not working. What's a good offer on these?
I have no clue what cocktails are worth.

#799 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

What's a good offer on these

$200 - $500. In my opinion.

#800 2 years ago

Another question for you all! Is there a way to make it so you have to qualify Mystery in Caribbean Cruise as opposed to it being constantly lit?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball
Various other swag
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 129.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-cocktail-club/page/16?hl=zeldarioid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.