IMG_9257 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9258 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9256 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9233 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9242 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9218 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9211 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,213 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 25.
#701 2 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Which connectors and what pins? Can you post a picture of the connector you’re trying to repin?

It's one of these green ones that plugs into the mpu. Note the two pink wires that are pulled completely out.

If repinning isn't an option I'll hack one off one of his parts playfields but I'd much rather just repin one.

PXL_20210502_174415475 (resized).jpgPXL_20210502_174415475 (resized).jpg

#702 2 years ago

I try my luck, but I have the idea that the parts I am looking for are not easy to find,
So for game plan foxy lady/ real / velvet, I am looking for:

- a complete wheel with board and motor
- a complete trafo

it is to try to save one which is incomplete, which served as a donor.
thank you in advance.

IMG_20210209_122552_resized_20210507_040153862 (resized).jpgIMG_20210209_122552_resized_20210507_040153862 (resized).jpgIMG_20210209_122643_resized_20210507_040226960 (resized).jpgIMG_20210209_122643_resized_20210507_040226960 (resized).jpgIMG_20210209_123618_resized_20210507_040315933 (resized).jpgIMG_20210209_123618_resized_20210507_040315933 (resized).jpgTrafo foxy (resized).jpgTrafo foxy (resized).jpg
#703 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

It's one of these green ones that plugs into the mpu. Note the two pink wires that are pulled completely out.
If repinning isn't an option I'll hack one off one of his parts playfields but I'd much rather just repin one.
[quoted image]

You should be able to repin those. If I recall correctly those are the amp "commercial" mate-n-lock connectors. Pins are different size than all the common ones out there. You may be able to get some from here:

https://www.arcadepartsandrepair.com/product-category/connectors-sockets-pins/amp-commercial-mate-n-lok-products-connectors/

#704 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I have N.O.S. Caribbean Cruise playfields(bare) if there is any interest.
$300 ea.
[quoted image]

I have 2 left

1 week later
#705 2 years ago

I have a friend that needs to transport a Night Moves in a Hatchback and was wondering if the cabinet separated in two or is it glued.
I would someone's help please.

#706 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackghost4:

I have a friend that needs to transport a Night Moves in a Hatchback and was wondering if the cabinet separated in two or is it glued.

I can take a look at mine this evening but I don't think that you're going to easily separate the top section from the bottom. Mine has an extension that could come off but other than that you should keep it intact. If you were able to get it apart there are a lot of wires you'd need to disconnect.

On a side note I used to have an EROS 1 years ago. When I sold it I asked when he wanted to come back for it. He said he wanted to take it on the spot. We loaded it in the back of a Fiat 500 (the smaller one) and it just fit with the hatch open....

#707 2 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

I can take a look at mine this evening but I don't think that you're going to easily separate the top section from the bottom. Mine has an extension that could come off but other than that you should keep it intact. If you were able to get it apart there are a lot of wires you'd need to disconnect.
On a side note I used to have an EROS 1 years ago. When I sold it I asked when he wanted to come back for it. He said he wanted to take it on the spot. We loaded it in the back of a Fiat 500 (the smaller one) and it just fit with the hatch open....

Thanks for your help. But he has to travel 6 hours with it.

#708 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackghost4:

Pretty sure it won't separate, but I can check later. It might fit in the hatchback on its side, though. Certainly not ideal, but if you're careful with it and the boards and power supply are secure, it should be okay? Really not sure though, so don't let your friend wreck his Night Moves on my suggestion without testing it out himself first.

#709 2 years ago

The upper and lower cabinets on Night Moves should be able separate, but isn't recommended and I've never tried to. There's no easy way to disconnect the wiring from the lower to upper cabinet, and there's a ton of wires.

Here's a photo of mine.
fd61fc26cf68d45067d2a557b8b3b37f0b4c5461 (resized).jpgfd61fc26cf68d45067d2a557b8b3b37f0b4c5461 (resized).jpg

I think there's only 6-8 bolts that hold the cabinet sections together. You can see them in the photo around the edge of where the lower cabinet starts. There's no nice disconnects for wiring harnesses.

One thing to keep in mind is that you don't nesesaraily have to transport it upright if you are careful. I transported mine on its side for a 2 hour drive. I brought a bunch of moving blankets and towels. I took the glass off and carefully stuffed a towel and blanket between the playfield and glass in order to minimize playfield movement. I didn't have any issues.

Don't forget to take the pinballs out when you move a pin!

#710 2 years ago
Quoted from ScottThePhotog:

The upper and lower cabinets on Night Moves should be able separate, but isn't recommended and I've never tried to. There's no easy way to disconnect the wiring from the lower to upper cabinet, and there's a ton of wires.
Here's a photo of mine.
[quoted image]
I think there's only 6-8 bolts that hold the cabinet sections together. You can see them in the photo around the edge of where the lower cabinet starts. There's no nice disconnects for wiring harnesses.
One thing to keep in mind is that you don't nesesaraily have to transport it upright if you are careful. I transported mine on its side for a 2 hour drive. I brought a bunch of moving blankets and towels. I took the glass off and carefully stuffed a towel and blanket between the playfield and glass in order to minimize playfield movement. I didn't have any issues.
Don't forget to take the pinballs out when you move a pin!

Thanks guys for all your help. I will pass it on to him.

#711 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackghost4:

Thanks guys for all your help. I will pass it on to him.

Any updates? Did your friend have issues moving it?

#712 2 years ago
Quoted from ScottThePhotog:

Any updates? Did your friend have issues moving it?

He hasn't gone to pick it up yet.

#713 2 years ago

Anyone have a set of sound roms for Night Moves? Trying to diagnose no music on mine and was hoping maybe someone has a set? I'm in the south Florida area is there is some local down here. Thanks.

#714 2 years ago

Picked up an Eros One. Playfield looks ok

20210524_102055 (resized).jpg20210524_102055 (resized).jpg
#715 2 years ago

Congrats!
Do it boot?

#716 2 years ago

Not yet. I'll play with it later.

#717 2 years ago

When the game you want comes up for sale twice but you missed it still

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/115472

#718 2 years ago

Picked up this Midway Rotation VIII that needs a lot of love.

20210601_185437 (resized).jpg20210601_185437 (resized).jpg20210601_185446 (resized).jpg20210601_185446 (resized).jpg
#719 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackghost4:

Picked up this Midway Rotation VIII that needs a lot of love.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That thing is sweet! Love the Atari bumper caps haha. If you end up passing on the thing let me know.

#720 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

When the game you want comes up for sale twice but you missed it still
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/115472

I have a non-working one. But I do have the base for it that makes it bar-height too. And the base is all metal just like the cabinet.

#721 2 years ago

a little bit of novus and some new rubbers and she will look like new again

#722 2 years ago

Score this last week. Home owner claims he purchased it new. Very possible judging on the condition land low play meter number. Functions perfect. Also came with the optional base to raise it up.

3D8010F8-544F-4ABD-8A2A-2599A5C0A956 (resized).jpeg3D8010F8-544F-4ABD-8A2A-2599A5C0A956 (resized).jpeg5E954723-B932-46D2-87AF-356C0B15C1FC (resized).jpeg5E954723-B932-46D2-87AF-356C0B15C1FC (resized).jpeg64FA36D9-70CF-433B-9CDE-931487694CFF (resized).jpeg64FA36D9-70CF-433B-9CDE-931487694CFF (resized).jpegBDFEA21C-DCC7-4E4F-A849-FDDD9EEEF41E (resized).jpegBDFEA21C-DCC7-4E4F-A849-FDDD9EEEF41E (resized).jpegE2AC9D71-3454-48FB-B760-2BA1D7762442 (resized).jpegE2AC9D71-3454-48FB-B760-2BA1D7762442 (resized).jpegEE97B3D9-0986-45B7-A0E8-3647DCF337B0 (resized).jpegEE97B3D9-0986-45B7-A0E8-3647DCF337B0 (resized).jpegFEE3F088-6389-4663-9878-12F6DF634BBC (resized).jpegFEE3F088-6389-4663-9878-12F6DF634BBC (resized).jpeg
#723 2 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Home owner claims he purchased it new.

What's the model number? Does it boot up?

#724 2 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Score this last week. Home owner claims he purchased it new. Very possible judging on the condition land low play meter number. Functions perfect. Also came with the optional base to raise it up.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Once you hear the sound from that thing, you might wish it didn't work I have a non-working one currently, with the extra base as well. They have sounds that make fingernails on a chalk board seem nice. Unique games though, thats for sure.

#725 2 years ago

What's the model number? Does it boot up?</block
Will have to check the model # when I get home from work. It boots and plays well, all displays also work.

#726 2 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

Once you hear the sound from that thing, you might wish it didn't work I have a non-working one currently, with the extra base as well. They have sounds that make fingernails on a chalk board seem nice. Unique games though, thats for sure.

Yea the sounds are not that appealing. Pretty standard for early solid state machines.

#727 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

What's the model number? Does it boot up?

932B8218-318F-4362-8138-33370611B161 (resized).jpeg932B8218-318F-4362-8138-33370611B161 (resized).jpeg
#728 2 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:Score this last week.

IMHO when you went back in time you should have grabbed the Sports Almanac instead of that, but nice score nonetheless...

#729 2 years ago

I have a Rotation Vii that has been in storage for some time. Switch it on and only GI works, nothing else. Is there a way of getting the 3 replacement EPROM's, was stored in cold area and someone said cold would make the EPROMS fail

#730 2 years ago

I have the rom files if you have someone locally that can burn them for you.

#731 2 years ago

It cleaned up ok. Now it needs to be touched up and clear coated.

Rotation Playfield (resized).jpgRotation Playfield (resized).jpg
#732 2 years ago

That will take a bit of touch ups....was it water damaged?

#733 2 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

That will take a bit of touch ups....was it water damaged?

Yes water got to it. The base is rotten and have to replace it.

#734 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackghost4:

It cleaned up ok. Now it needs to be touched up and clear coated.
[quoted image]

Holy shit man, that's not for the squeamish. If you are really fixing that up, I would love to see the result. Best of luck!

#735 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackghost4:Yes water got to it. The base is rotten and have to replace it.

Well you have a very big challenge coming your way and i wish you the best of luck and keep us updated please.

1 week later
#736 2 years ago

Received a Coffee Mat Star Battle today, a really cool cocktail that looks even nicer in person than in photos. Great design with the side lights, fun "bad" sci-fi art, decent layout. But it has a few problems.

The inserts don't light and the two kickers (center hole and drain) don't function. Which also means it doesn't register a ball drain, so you're eternally on ball 1. Also, here's a weird one I've never seen before, if you strike any of the standup targets lightly they will score and make a noise, but if you strike them with any decent force they will just score but not make a noise. What the? Hard to understand how that's even a thing. The switch leafs touch and "tell" the MPU to score and play the sound for that switch. How can hitting them harder still register a score but not sound? Hard to figure, but I'm hardly a wizard at this stuff.

The machine scores fine, scoreboard works, all digits work. Flippers, pop, spinner, rollovers, and slings work fine as well. I assume I'm going to find one or more loose or poorly soldered connections underneath, but that leads to another problem -- the playfield doesn't raise up very far because there's a screwed in hinge (factory standard, not added on) between the playfield and cabinet that only rises up so far. Not far enough to get a real good look at the underside (especially the far end) and see what's loose. I assume I'll just have to take the hinge off completely.

Anyone own/work on one of these before and have some suggestions? Thanks.

PXL_20210615_225103380.jpgPXL_20210615_225103380.jpg

#737 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Received a Coffee Mat Star Battle today, a really cool cocktail that looks even nicer in person than in photos. Great design with the side lights, fun "bad" sci-fi art, decent layout. But it has a few problems.
The inserts don't light and the two kickers (center hole and drain) don't function. Which also means it doesn't register a ball drain, so you're eternally on ball 1. Also, here's a weird one I've never seen before, if you strike any of the standup targets lightly they will score and make a noise, but if you strike them with any decent force they will just score but not make a noise. What the? Hard to understand how that's even a thing. The switch leafs touch and "tell" the MPU to score and play the sound for that switch. How can hitting them harder still register a score but not sound? Hard to figure, but I'm hardly a wizard at this stuff.
The machine scores fine, scoreboard works, all digits work. Flippers, pop, spinner, rollovers, and slings work fine as well. I assume I'm going to find one or more loose or poorly soldered connections underneath, but that leads to another problem -- the playfield doesn't raise up very far because there's a screwed in hinge (factory standard, not added on) between the playfield and cabinet that only rises up so far. Not far enough to get a real good look at the underside (especially the far end) and see what's loose. I assume I'll just have to take the hinge off completely.
Anyone own/work on one of these before and have some suggestions? Thanks.
[quoted image]

Eddie Cramer in NYC repaired one of these for someone a year ago and I got to play it. He’s the only guy I’ve ever met who knows how to actually repair those stupid Coffee Mat boards.

#738 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Received a Coffee Mat Star Battle

What's the model number?

Quoted from VALIS666:

Anyone own/work on one of these before and have some suggestions?

I'm working on tracing out the boards and building a better repair guide for these guys. I'm swamped at work so it's on the back burner. If you figure out why the score registers but sound doesn't let us know! I'm curious.

Try not to work on the thing with power on. If you send the DC thru the mpu you're boned!

#739 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

What's the model number?

SB, I guess.

PXL_20210616_201823434.jpgPXL_20210616_201823434.jpg

#740 2 years ago

I have a nice booting clean project Fascination Circa 1933 that I’m looking to re-home due to space. Philly area. PM me if interested.

#741 2 years ago

Quoted from boogies:

Underneath the apron has "Wico Big Top" which was the home version. It utilized the same playfield, but this one has a coin mech and a spot for a coin box.
I don't really know much about the game other than previous owner had it sitting in same spot for 20 years. I figure this would be good for someone who wants a first pin for cheap and isn't afraid to clean it up.

#742 2 years ago

Hi folks, just picked up a pretty nice Caribbean Cruise two weeks ago, and it is definitely a keeper. My first foray into the weird and underrated world of cocktail pins. Does anyone have a good source on the story behind International Concepts?

#743 2 years ago
Quoted from ezelljon:

Hi folks, just picked up a pretty nice Caribbean Cruise two weeks ago, and it is definitely a keeper. My first foray into the weird and underrated world of cocktail pins. Does anyone have a good source on the story behind International Concepts?

Todd Tuckey tells the story here (skip ahead to 1:00):

#745 2 years ago
Quoted from ezelljon:

Quoted from TopMoose:

Todd Tuckey tells the story here (skip ahead to 1:00):

As TopMoose mentioned, Todd’s story is the best. It was basically an early “MLM” (Multi-Level Marketing) scam where YOU are the sucker but they make you think you’ll make tons of money buy “reselling/routing” the game and being an “entrepreneur” rustling up some routes!
Gottlieb had some whitewood designs for Cocktails lying around that they hadn’t produced yet. Probably didn’t want to risk it and they themselves found the perfect Guinea Pig in International Concepts. They also tested the Sys3 with Caribbean Cruise, that’s the very first one to use it.

2 weeks later
#746 2 years ago

I didn't have any room either but I'm glad you didn't consider it! I drug it home the Sunday before the 4th. The video pretty much showed the overall condition of the game. All solenoids were working. GI was working. For scoring 1 rollover worked, the one to advance scoring, and a second rollover that canceled the advanced scoring also worked. After messing with it for a couple of days I got everything working.......So I took it apart.

I cleaned the playfield after pulling all the plastics and posts, straightened plastics,I'm cleaning posts and getting ready to drop on new rubbers. I cleaned up and rebuilt the plunger and I'm going to re sleeve the solenoids and deal with any linkage issues. The only thing I'm changing is I am adding pop bumper lighting because the playfield is kind of dark, even with the LED's.

Circus Circus is absolutely the bottom of the barrel as far as entry level cocktails go. I consider it a rarity because there are no others know according to pinside but I know that that doesn't make it valuable, just an oddity. It shares a playfield with Wicos Big Top,(the apron is different though), and I know how people feel about home pins. It's kind of laughable that someone thought anybody would spend a quarter playing it however I've seen a few EM's that look equally as boring! I'll add some pictures once I get some of the playfield repopulated.

#747 2 years ago

Those Star Battle playfields are almost identical to Circus Circus, with a few things flip flopped and a few other subtle differences. I read there was some relation between the two. Interesting.

3 weeks later
#748 2 years ago

Took another one for the team today.....
The serial number on this one is 019. Cabinet number says 03 and the machine is dated March 5 1979 which is three months before production started according to the IPBD
IMG_20210731_120817174 (resized).jpgIMG_20210731_120817174 (resized).jpgIMG_20210731_120828706 (resized).jpgIMG_20210731_120828706 (resized).jpg

#749 2 years ago

Just joined the club! Grabbed a Circa 1933 locally. Looks like a I have a broken flipper mech. Going to have to figure out a solution for that.

#750 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Is there any way to repin an allied plug? From my unders

I used a pin from a crank flipper. I think it was from

Quoted from Habermania:

Just joined the club! Grabbed a Circa 1933 locally. Looks like a I have a broken flipper mech. Going to have to figure out a solution for that.

You can replace the whole mech whit Gottlieb. I think is system 80

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Machine - For Sale
Oklahoma City, OK
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 129.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 1,213 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-cocktail-club/page/15?hl=pjkools and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.