IMG_9257 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9258 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9256 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9233 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9242 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9218 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9211 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,213 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 25.
#651 3 years ago

Saw this on rec.games.pinball in case anyone needs parts.....

"Parting a Valley Spectra IV"

mikeincali
Mar 12, 2021, 10:12:49 PM

https://groups.google.com/u/1/g/rec.games.pinball/c/fYfMLtuwRu4

#652 3 years ago

I guess I will be updating to a modern flipper assembly after all. I pulled the flipper assemblies from 1933 to get Roy Clark finished and playing. Sadly they only lasted until ball 2, when the crank sheared off.

So, what assemblies are folks upgrading them with? Maybe early Bally SS?

198192B1-F75C-4B59-82D4-79DC17F42A33 (resized).jpeg198192B1-F75C-4B59-82D4-79DC17F42A33 (resized).jpeg69E5A35D-72C6-4040-96FB-9FF58F59E6C2 (resized).jpeg69E5A35D-72C6-4040-96FB-9FF58F59E6C2 (resized).jpeg
#653 3 years ago

RandyW hi. I think they’re gottieb from system 80 the ones will fit properly. I’ll research some more and let you know later today or tomorrow. Good luck.

#654 3 years ago

Just added Roy Clark to the collection!
When I was a high school student I worked as a busboy in a restaurant. They had a Roy Clark in the bar there and we used to play the crap out of it.
We would put ashtrays underneath the front legs to lessen the slope of the playfield. What a blast!
I've had my eye on the lookout for a Roy Clark for a long time, but they always seem to be so far away when they do come up.
Well, this one came up outside of Rome, GA last week, so I took a jump for it.
It's a simple game, but it is a ton of fun and brings back good memories.
The machine is in pretty good shape. I've rebuilt all the assemblies and have it in good shape. The Special light won't light up, due to a SCR on the MPU, I believe. And there's a few bad LEDs on the score displays (player 1, player 2, ball 3). I've just gotten in some LEDs and resistors, so that'll be the next step.
Cheers!

IMG_9395 (resized).JPGIMG_9395 (resized).JPG
#655 3 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Just added Roy Clark to the collection!
When I was a high school student I worked as a busboy in a restaurant. They had a Roy Clark in the bar there and we used to play the crap out of it.
We would put ashtrays underneath the front legs to lessen the slope of the playfield. What a blast!
I've had my eye on the lookout for a Roy Clark for a long time, but they always seem to be so far away when they do come up.
Well, this one came up outside of Rome, GA last week, so I took a jump for it.
It's a simple game, but it is a ton of fun and brings back good memories.
The machine is in pretty good shape. I've rebuilt all the assemblies and have it in good shape. The Special light won't light up, due to a SCR on the MPU, I believe. And there's a few bad LEDs on the score displays (player 1, player 2, ball 3). I've just gotten in some LEDs and resistors, so that'll be the next step.
Cheers![quoted image]

Looks great! Nice pickup!

#656 3 years ago

https://m.facebook.com/groups/630406413802349/permalink/1877951655714479/

Take five - allied leisure $200 in MA.

Posted in the project thread courtesy of bluespin

#657 3 years ago

Any Game Plan Star Trip owners out there that can help me out? I have a question about the lamps on the top by the displays. The lamp for Ball in Play doesn't seem to light up on my game. The other 5 lamps work. Looking at the schematic it shows there are connections for 5 lamps (not 6).

Is the Ball in Play lamp ever supposed to light?? If it does then anyone know which SCR on the lamp board is supposed to control it? That is the last electronic repair I need to do (unless it isn't used)

I've got the rest of the game running well. One of the digits was out on all displays as well as the credit displays. Found a bad 7416 on the MPU causing that. One drop target wasn't working but that was just because the diode on the switch for it came off on one side. Resoldering that fixed it. Also had minor battery damage. Fixing 4 traces and a new DIP socket fixed that.

#658 3 years ago

Well finally I am in this club. Been wanting a cocktail pin since I was in high school. Picked this up the other day. Going to need to do some cleaning as you can see from the pictures there were some uninvited guests that made the playfield into their home.
Also I am missing the lower playfield plastic apron if anyone has one to sell, shoot me a post. A owner's manual too.

20210330_081412 (resized).jpg20210330_081412 (resized).jpg20210330_081419 (resized).jpg20210330_081419 (resized).jpg20210330_081423 (resized).jpg20210330_081423 (resized).jpg
#659 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

Well finally I am in this club. Been wanting a cocktail pin since I was in high school. Picked this up the other day. Going to need to do some cleaning as you can see from the pictures there were some uninvited guests that made the playfield into their home.
Also I am missing the lower playfield plastic apron if anyone has one to sell, shoot me a post. A owner's manual too.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's actually one of the best cocktail machines that was made. Plays great and the music is catchy too. You can find the manual and schematics online here:

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3507

#660 3 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I guess I will be updating to a modern flipper assembly after all. I pulled the flipper assemblies from 1933 to get Roy Clark finished and playing. Sadly they only lasted until ball 2, when the crank sheared off.
So, what assemblies are folks upgrading them with? Maybe early Bally SS?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Somebody 3D printed that part.

#662 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

That's actually one of the best cocktail machines that was made. Plays great and the music is catchy too. You can find the manual and schematics online here:
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3507

Thanks for the reply. I never played one of the two newer titles before (Night Moves and Caribbean Cruise). Have seen them before, CC actually cruising down a hallway on a cart at the Chicago Pinball Show as it was just purchased and a Night Moves at the Pinball Hall of Fame, but was not working. Hopefully not too long I will have it up and playing.

Always wondered why they made such strange cocktail titles even the 70's ones. Night Moves: more of a dance/disco title for the late 70's. Caribbean Cruise: was it to be placed on a cruise line ship to be played??? But both titles made in the late 80's. Always thought if a manufacturer made a cocktail title that would be around a good theme probably would have sold more and would have been more collectible today.

Yes, I have already looked at the IPDB manual and will print one out for now, but I am a original manual kind of guy as if I get a machine even if its one I keep for a short while, I always like to find an original manual to go with the machine as I feel its the first thing I look for when I am having trouble with repairs.

#663 3 years ago

Someone should be able to make you the apron - you may have to make a decal and place it over plastic or something, it won't be original.

I can't imagine you will find one but will have to make one. I have always wanted a cocktail pin too - I only want Night Moves or Caribbean Cruise.

Nice find....

#664 3 years ago

Always wondered why they made such strange cocktail titles even the 70's ones. Night Moves: more of a dance/disco title for the late 70's. Caribbean Cruise: was it to be placed on a cruise line ship to be played??? But both titles made in the late 80's.

Miami Vice was huge at the time. The pastel colors, linen suits, leisurewear clothing, having fun in the sun vibe. I assume that's what Gottlieb was going for on those two.

Any Game Plan Star Trip owners out there that can help me out? I have a question about the lamps on the top by the displays. The lamp for Ball in Play doesn't seem to light up on my game. The other 5 lamps work. Looking at the schematic it shows there are connections for 5 lamps (not 6).
Is the Ball in Play lamp ever supposed to light?? If it does then anyone know which SCR on the lamp board is supposed to control it? That is the last electronic repair I need to do (unless it isn't used)

Next time I'm around my Star Trip I'll try to remember and take a look. It's not hooked up at the moment.

#665 3 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Try and get in contact with this Pinsider.

Which pinsider is that? Link only shows the photo.

#666 3 years ago
Quoted from mr2xbass:

Which pinsider is that? Link only shows the photo.

I was just going to ask the same thing.

#668 3 years ago

ha, yeah just found/read that thread and came back here to post a link

Three months and no word on if last poster heard from user claiming to have more.

I msgd the user as well inquiring if they have more or are able to provide the file used to print them. ::fingers crossed::

#669 3 years ago
Quoted from mr2xbass:

ha, yeah just found/read that thread and came back here to post a link
Three months and no word on if last poster heard from user claiming to have more.
I msgd the user as well inquiring if they have more or are able to provide the file used to print them. ::fingers crossed::

If all else fails... maybe SWINKS could make the part.

#670 3 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

If all else fails... maybe SWINKS could make the part.

yes I can help if you get desperate, though I would need a sample sent to me but in return I will send you a reproduction one

here are some of the reproduction stuff I have done

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksreproduction&sort=newest

#671 3 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You’re in luck! I have a spare apron.

By the way, I need some parts for my Spectra IV. How do you get into context with people on RGP? Do I just reply with my email?

#672 3 years ago

I have a Star trip with severe acid damage, but I'm trying to fix it while waiting for replacement MPUs to be made.

Now, the PSU gives 6.8V on the 5V output.
I have replaced the LM323 with a PSU5 and for good measure also replaced the 0.47ohm/5ohm resistors on the PSU board.
Still 6.8V .. which seems a bit high for a 5V supply.

What I don't understand is what the 0.47ohm resistor is supposed to do between the LM323 ground and "true" ground ?
Will removing it maybe bring down the voltage to a sensible level ?

#673 3 years ago

You’re in luck! I have a spare apron.
I'll take it. PM sent.

1 week later
#674 3 years ago

New cocktail owner.. finally! I bought star trip from pinsider robotworkshop (nice guy by the way) , this is my first cocktail. It has a fan in the bottom thay runs non stop, is this a cocktail thing? None of my regular pins have ever had a fan in them..any owners simply remove them? It's not on a board or anything and it's just to loud and annoying. Also has anyone found new replacement top glass for cocktails before?

#675 3 years ago

I'm parting out a valley spectra pin. Everything is still available except mpu and flipper assys. Contact me for prices and availability. I'll ship anywhere.

20210408_152220 (resized).jpg20210408_152220 (resized).jpg20210408_152332 (resized).jpg20210408_152332 (resized).jpg20210408_152513 (resized).jpg20210408_152513 (resized).jpg
#676 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

New cocktail owner.. finally! I bought star trip from pinsider robotworkshop (nice guy by the way) , this is my first cocktail. It has a fan in the bottom thay runs non stop, is this a cocktail thing? None of my regular pins have ever had a fan in them..any owners simply remove them? It's not on a board or anything and it's just to loud and annoying. Also has anyone found new replacement top glass for cocktails before?

Hope you're enjoying it! Still think that has a great theme and great playing game.

In regards to the fan I would expect that was more for when on location and left on all the time. That fan probably has a standard bolt pattern but I never really researched it. If you want to replace it then I would suggest searching on " muffin fan 120v quiet low noise " and then verify the bolt pattern from the old fan and the ones listed. Looks like Amazon has some for under $20 that may work. Some are probably quieter than the original fan when new.

#677 3 years ago

Well my Night Moves cleaned up great. Got rid of the uninvited guests with really no issues they left behind. Changed out the pop bumpers fried egg look to just blue skirt, body, cap and LED. It's playing like new.

20210416_145358 (resized).jpg20210416_145358 (resized).jpg20210416_150942 (resized).jpg20210416_150942 (resized).jpg
#678 3 years ago

Note: I do have the front apron coming from a Pinsider to finish the pin.

#679 3 years ago

Hi. I just installed the new drop targets in my Roy Clarke. Stretch7 may have some for sale

006F981D-EAA8-4F9A-8326-6061E0DF4283 (resized).jpeg006F981D-EAA8-4F9A-8326-6061E0DF4283 (resized).jpeg92CD4D0D-C78D-4BBD-BA96-50BA522827E5 (resized).png92CD4D0D-C78D-4BBD-BA96-50BA522827E5 (resized).png
#680 3 years ago
Quoted from Santis:

Hi. I just installed the new drop targets in my Roy Clarke. Stretch7 may have some for sale

NICE! Are they 3D printed transparent?

#681 3 years ago
Quoted from Santis:

Those look great. My friend has some for me to test also (he did both the target itself as well as the piece it connects to, as mine is broken on my Roy Clark), I just need to get him over here to see how they fit.

He 3D printed his.

#682 3 years ago

Well my Night Moves cleaned up great. Got rid of the uninvited guests with really no issues they left behind. Changed out the pop bumpers fried egg look to just blue skirt, body, cap and LED. It's playing like new.

Looks awesome, enjoy it! Hope to join the cocktail club someday too - a Night Moves came up for sale locally last year but I didn't react fast enough

#683 3 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

NICE! Are they 3D printed transparent?

3D printed in blue. Really nice color. And really strong.

#684 3 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Those look great. My friend has some for me to test also (he did both the target itself as well as the piece it connects to, as mine is broken on my Roy Clark), I just need to get him over here to see how they fit.
He 3D printed his.

Yes. 3D printed. Nice color. He told me he used an strong resin on it. And blue which match the g as me.

#685 3 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

NICE! Are they 3D printed transparent

They are done in high impact resin. They would be a cross between translucent/opaque.
I also have the connector pieces done as well.

#686 3 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

They are done in high impact resin. They would be a cross between translucent/opaque.

Are you selling these? Different colors? I have a Flame if Athens that I would need green and white for.

#687 3 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

Different colors? I have a Flame if Athens that I would need green and white for.

Pm sent

#688 3 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

I could also use some for Roy Clark in White.

#689 3 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I could also use some for Roy Clark in White.

Blue will look way better than white.

#690 2 years ago

I’m in star trip is in the building any thoughts on unplugging the fan inside these things or a way to quiet it down is there oil points ect?

#691 2 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

I’m in star trip is in the building any thoughts on unplugging the fan inside these things or a way to quiet it down is there oil points ect?

There may be a way to oil them or those original fans may just be loud.

You'd have to check and measure the mounting holes but if they are the same as the muffin fans then you have a lot of options. Should have some replacements on Amazon for under $20. Just search for " muffin fan 120V quiet low noise " and it should turn up some options. Have to triple check the mounting though.

#692 2 years ago

I have N.O.S. Caribbean Cruise playfields(bare) if there is any interest.

$300 ea.

cruise (resized).jpgcruise (resized).jpg
#693 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

$300 ea.
[quoted image]

Aw, I could use a Night Moves playfield.

#694 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Aw, I could use a Night Moves playfield.

Same.

Quoted from vdojaq:

$300 ea.
[quoted image]

How did you get multiple?

#695 2 years ago

There may be a way to oil them or those original fans may just be loud.
You'd have to check and measure the mounting holes but if they are the same as the muffin fans then you have a lot of options. Should have some replacements on Amazon for under $20. Just search for " muffin fan 120V quiet low noise " and it should turn up some options. Have to triple check the mounting though.</blockquo

Same.

How did you get multiple?

Issue solved oil points found on top it’s much better now.my machine has the og fan it’s side oriented so no muffin lol thank you anyway tho.

#696 2 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

FYI This gentleman now has this listed for sale in it's own thread for $1400, looks nice!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-star-trip-2

1 week later
#697 2 years ago

Anyone have the ability to copy a set of Night Moves sound roms? I'm in South Florida and trying to diagnose a no music issue with my sound board. Wasn't sure if maybe someone is local down here and has access to burn set of roms. Thanks.

#698 2 years ago

Trying to print a flipper crank for Allied Leisure / Fascination games. Back in this thread, I know I saw a photos of a printed version, but have had no luck tracking down the creator nor the pinsider who posted it.

Here a quick rendering of the one I've tried to model using tinkercad.com . I can't share the .stl here, but I set it to public so it should be accessible to anyone on the web ( https://www.tinkercad.com/things/jlk3MTTm4ul ). I haven't tried printing a test yet, and I'm not 100% certain of my dimensions, but I know they are close.

Not quite sure the best way to print it because of the rectangle part meant for limiting the stroke length; it hangs below the zero plane (made this way so the one piece can be L / R universal). ..maybe a question better for the 3d print thread.

Fascination _ Allied Leisure flipper crank _ pawl (resized).pngFascination _ Allied Leisure flipper crank _ pawl (resized).png

#699 2 years ago

Is there any way to repin an allied plug? From my understanding the pins themselves have just about completely disappeared from the face of the earth?

#700 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Is there any way to repin an allied plug? From my understanding the pins themselves have just about completely disappeared from the face of the earth?

Which connectors and what pins? Can you post a picture of the connector you’re trying to repin?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
Machine - For Sale
Oklahoma City, OK
$ 179.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

There are 1,213 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-cocktail-club/page/14?hl=robotworkshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.